Angus Beith benefit match ( updated )

SuperstarSteve

been here before
2 minutes ago, Clear few said:

Ah mean but really those fffing gulls!!!

Its like The Birds.

Even worse than Todders.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• been here before

• Herbert.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

tartofmidlothian
2 minutes ago, been here before said:

Henderson off and Keena on for the last 15 minutes.

That's another player back from injury. :thumbsup:

been here before

1-1 Inverness corner fired in low seemed to miss the Hearts players and slotted in by Todorov.

Edited by been here before

4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

That's another player back from injury. :thumbsup:

Aye but that's not what pre-season games are for, we need to be beating lower league teams by more than one goal.  ?

Edited by graygo

Just now, been here before said:

1-1

Too wasteful in front of goal, if you create as many chances as Hearts have tonight , then you have to take them.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, been here before said:

Its like The Birds.

Even worse than Todders.

Todders?

:muggy:

scott herbertson
Just now, Sir Gio said:

Todders?

:muggy:

McGhee would ken fit that meant, ma loon

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

No idea what sort of team will be out on Friday to be honest. 

Not any of the starting line ups witnessed during pre season, ITK on that point!

tartofmidlothian
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No idea what sort of team will be out on Friday to be honest. 

Just knowing who our best players are gives us a fair idea, but I reckon we'll see a load of tinkering in the four League Cup games.

rick witter
4 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

Just knowing who our best players are gives us a fair idea, but I reckon we'll see a load of tinkering in the four League Cup games.

He didn’t know his best 11 for the whole of last season and nothing has changed. We will be chopping and changing 2 or 3 players every game. 

3 minutes ago, rick witter said:

He didn’t know his best 11 for the whole of last season and nothing has changed. We will be chopping and changing 2 or 3 players every game. 

I hope so.  That's why subs were introduced in 1965.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Very good. I was expecting 'dont keep calling me Shirley'.

That would have been too easy.

?

tokyowalnut
8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

What did you think of the game tonight?

Well done to everyone that went along and all the best to Angus for his future.

I can't pretend to know what he must be dealing with, having to give up at such a very young age.

rick witter
6 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

What did you think of the game tonight?

I wasn’t there. What did you think of it? 

davemclaren
8 minutes ago, rick witter said:

I wasn’t there. What did you think of it? 

Quite entertaining actually. Hearts had the better of the play imo just couldn't finish. Ridgers  pulled of some good saves. ?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Thank Christ preseason is over. Now we can actually care about the games!

Good game. Wasn't expecting it to be played at such an intensity. Really good run out for the young lads, and some cracking individual performances.

Can't say anyone had a bad game. From Clevid and Petkov both being solid and tidy at the back, to Henderson, MacDonald, Smith, Moore, Keena etc. Up top, they all looked hungry and sharp.

Particularly impressed at how we pressed hard against Caley for the 90 minutes. Made it very difficult for them to play any football at all. The pressing and the 4-3-3 work well together in general, so I hope it's something we stick with.

Finlay James

I thought McDonald was excellent, he's always a threat.

Euan Henderson was unlucky, he's faster and stronger than most but needs to believe in himself in front of goal.  Saying that, Ridgers was fantastic in goal.

Id like to see Zanatta given a chance, even if it was as an impact option from the bench.

been here before
7 minutes ago, Finlay James said:

I thought McDonald was excellent, he's always a threat.

Aye I was impressed by him tonight. Zanatta ran him close.

Edited by been here before

mintmyster

Zanatta my MOTM.  But McDonald, Henderson, Petkov and MacLean all did well.  Wasn’t impressed with Dikamona - not sure he won a header the whole game.

We played pretty well with some good movement and interchanging positions, created some excellent scoring opportunities but didn’t take them or had good saves made.

Keena looked keen and I’d like Zannata to push on he looks ready but doesn’t seem to get any luck with breaks of the ball. 

Mr Elwood P
Just now, PTBCAL said:

McDonald has to be involved Friday night 

That good tonight? Most of our first choice players rested tonight by the looks of things.

Alex Kintner
17 minutes ago, Locky said:

Good game. Wasn't expecting it to be played at such an intensity. Really good run out for the young lads, and some cracking individual performances.

Can't say anyone had a bad game. From Clevid and Petkov both being solid and tidy at the back, to Henderson, MacDonald, Smith, Moore, Keena etc. Up top, they all looked hungry and sharp.

Particularly impressed at how we pressed hard against Caley for the 90 minutes. Made it very difficult for them to play any football at all. The pressing and the 4-3-3 work well together in general, so I hope it's something we stick with.

We played 4-4-2 all game though ??‍♂️

Malcolm Tucker

Thought Zanatta was the most dangerous player on the pitch, worked really hard as well. Seems to know that this is his last chance to impress Levein and did himself no harm tonight. Really positive and direct, wee bit greedy but I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing for a forward in pre-season.

McDonald clearly has loads of talent, different kind of player to Zanatta on the other wing but just as, if not more effective. 

Thought Burns looked decent in midfield, Cochrane dipped in and out and MacLean worked hard and dropped deep a lot. Keena looked very sharp when he came on, would love to see him given more of a chance this season.

Fairly entertaining game for a friendly. 

Pele_Is_God

Very impressed with Zanatta & Henderson. Ridgers had a good game and Tom Walsh was decent but we did look rusty. Any idea on crowd, looked about 3,000

Alex Kintner

We played well tonight and should have scored 4 or 5 goals.

Zanatta was a standout and will be like a new signing. Just as comfortable cutting inside and shooting on his right as he was getting to the byeline and crossing with his left. Pace, acceleration and strength. Promising...

MacLean, MacDonald and Henderson all linked well and Henderson missed a few good chances.

Bozanic and Smith both looked sharp and were removed at halftime as I assume they’ll be starting on Friday.

The only let down for me was Harry in midfield. Still very lightweight and brushed off the ball far too easily. Still has the same physique and upper body strength he had two years ago. Not got a good feeling about his future tbh.

Great to see most fans stay till the end and good to see Keatings and mcKay get a good reception when subbed. 

Alex Kintner

Team for Friday based on tonight and comments from Levein re player fitness:

Zlamal

Souttar

Berra

Halkett

M Smith

Clare

Bozanic

Edwards

Mulraney

Uche

MacLean

Subs:

Doyle

Petrov

Brandon

Cochrane

Zanatta

Washington

MacDonald

Edited by To Be Frank

Finlay James
4 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

We played well tonight and should have scored 4 or 5 goals.

Zanatta was a standout and will be like a new signing. Just as comfortable cutting inside and shooting on his right as he was getting to the byeline and crossing with his left. Pace, acceleration and strength. Promising...

MacLean, MacDonald and Henderson all linked well and Henderson missed a few good chances.

Bozanic and Smith both looked sharp and were removed at halftime as I assume they’ll be starting on Friday.

The only let down for me was Harry in midfield. Still very lightweight and brushed off the ball far too easily. Still has the same physique and upper body strength he had two years ago. Not got a good feeling about his future tbh.

Great to see most fans stay till the end and good to see Keatings and mcKay get a good reception when subbed. 

I think a season on loan will do Harry the world of good.  He needs to get out of the limelight and get some game time.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

I think a season on loan will do Harry the world of good.  He needs to get out of the limelight and get some game time.

Agree ??

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Said it for a while now. 

Zanatta best striker at the club. 

Dunno about striker but he looked excellent on the wing tonight