Angus Beith benefit match ( updated )

SuperstarSteve

14 hours ago, Herbert said:

He got swapped for mulraney hardly a cruel end to his hearts career is it. How many players come to hearts at 8-9 years old and get let go when they are late teens and dont have a club to goto? He's lucky to still be involved in the game after he couldn't cut it at us or Inverness this injury maybe a blessing for him of he wants to remain in football.

I know in this day and age, almost anything goes when it comes to posting on social media. But seriously, have a word with yourself , eh?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• been here before

• Herbert.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, pablo said:

I know in this day and age, almost anything goes when it comes to posting on social media. But seriously, have a word with yourself , eh?

Are we a charity or a business?

davemclaren
Just now, To Be Frank said:

Think I’ll go along to this. Missed being at Tynie and still another month till Ross County game

Indeed.

6 hours ago, Herbert said:

Why should I shut up? Because the bullies say so?

The club have helped him already. 

It's not bullying pulling someone up for posting horrible uncharitable rubbish .

If it bothers you do much why don't you e mail the club and state your case ?

I'm sure you'll get a sympathetic reply ☺

davemclaren
45 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Ok then.

Have you considered that the club might find a match against a championship side as a decent pre season warm up game?

JamboGraham

Edinburgh forecast is 17 and sunny for Monday night...football without a jacket, Tynecastle in the sunshine, chance to catch up with family before and after game, opportunity to see more of our squad and the chance to bung a few quid toward an OU module

or two for a former player...seems like a win, win all round for the club, the supporters and Angus.

Looking forward to it...  

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, JamboGraham said:

Edinburgh forecast is 17 and sunny for Monday night...football without a jacket, Tynecastle in the sunshine, chance to catch up with family before and after game, opportunity to see more of our squad and the chance to bung a few quid toward an OU module

or two for a former player...seems like a win, win all round for the club, the supporters and Angus.

Looking forward to it...  

Absolutely ??

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Have you considered that the club might find a match against a championship side as a decent pre season warm up game?

Would rather we played a team that will test our stronger players.

davemclaren
Just now, Herbert said:

Ok  ?

May have been asked but is it pay on the gate ?

thanks in advance.

Oh and I’ll be there as I support Hearts and feel for the lad and I’m not tight dick or a Herbert !

JamboGraham
37 minutes ago, Clear few said:

May have been asked but is it pay on the gate ?

thanks in advance.

Oh and I’ll be there as I support Hearts and feel for the lad and I’m not tight dick or a Herbert !

Cash gate on the night according to Hearts twitter...

5 hours ago, JamboGraham said:

Cash gate on the night according to Hearts twitter...

Thanks ?

Bob Loblaw

Will be interesting to see the lineup for this.  I think it'd be useful to give some starters a run out as we've not had many friendlies but it's quite close to the United game.

On 06/07/2019 at 11:59, Herbert said:

Curtis Main scored his first Aberdeen goal in a 1-1 friendly draw with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

1 hour ago, livi said:

Curtis Main scored his first Aberdeen goal in a 1-1 friendly draw with Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

Your point?

tartofmidlothian

Hopefully we get to see something like our strongest team for this match. Any more players to come back?

All the best to Angus Beith as well, I hope he gets a great turn out.

Are Hearts doing anything much to promote this?  Would havethought they could announce that the new signings will play to promote a bit of interest.

I suppose the crowd for a night match won't be great, particularly against a somewhat unfashionable oponent.  Would like to think that around 5,000 would turn out in favourable weather.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Looking forward to getting back to tynecastle and hopefully seeing some of the new guys. Can't imagine we'll be anywhere near full strength but you'd think that the likes of walker, white and uche would need some more game time before United on Friday.

Captain Canada

There are still a lot of players who haven't had much game time so far. I'm hoping we'll see a few first team squad players alongside some of the young guys who played against Whitehill Welfare.

Edited by Captain Canada

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Captain Canada said:

There are still a lot of players who haven't had much game time so far. I'm hoping we'll see a few first team squad players alongside some of the young guys who played against Whitehill Welfare.

I think I read Barry Anderson saying on Saturday that Berra and McLean should play tomorrow. Think it will be a good mix, with some of the players most in need of game time who played on Saturday on the bench. I imagine if Walker's tweak is fine he will get game time.

Going to it tomorrow, please to see Angus being supported by club. Its not only a nice gesture but the right thing for both clubs to do. A well done to Robbo who Angus says was the person who pushed for this match.

Thought Police
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Are Hearts doing anything much to promote this?  Would havethought they could announce that the new signings will play to promote a bit of interest.

I suppose the crowd for a night match won't be great, particularly against a somewhat unfashionable oponent.  Would like to think that around 5,000 would turn out in favourable weather.

A lot of the players promoted it today. Surely it’s assumed that there’ll be a couple of the new players playing in a friendly

lost in space

Where?

Date?

Ko time?

Ticket/cash gates?

Which stands?

Not trying to be smart arse (on this occasion) - don't know. Good to get this info out. Just looked at Angus Beith thread - couldn't see info on there either - tho I am sure it will be there. Please update.

3 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Where?

Date?

Ko time?

Ticket/cash gates?

Which stands?

Not trying to be smart arse (on this occasion) - don't know. Good to get this info out. Just looked at Angus Beith thread - couldn't see info on there either - tho I am sure it will be there. Please update.

Simple just look on the HMFC website..

The Angus Beith Benefit Match kicks off at 7.30pm on Monday, July 8th at Tynecastle Park.

Entry is £6 adults, £3 concessions and tickets can be bought online at Hearts eTickets, over the phone by calling 0333 043 1874, option 1 then 8 or by visiting the Hearts Ticket Office in person.

The Ticket Office will be open until kick-off on Monday night for ticket sales.

lost in space
13 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Simple just look on the HMFC website..

The Angus Beith Benefit Match kicks off at 7.30pm on Monday, July 8th at Tynecastle Park.

Entry is £6 adults, £3 concessions and tickets can be bought online at Hearts eTickets, over the phone by calling 0333 043 1874, option 1 then 8 or by visiting the Hearts Ticket Office in person.

The Ticket Office will be open until kick-off on Monday night for ticket sales.

Wow

Thanks for info.

Think it is worth keeping topic highly visible til match starts.

Mr Elwood P
25 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Where?

Date?

Ko time?

Ticket/cash gates?

Which stands?

Spacer indeed!

gashauskis9

Hope Angus gets a good turnout tomorrow night.  That said, I think Hearts owe it to him to put out a decent team as well.  It’s all very well asking supporters to dig deep to pay for tickets, but Levein has a duty here to provide a similar gesture in terms of line up.  Otherwise, it would have just been easier to not have the game and just raise money for the lad.

Anyone know if it's actually a cash gate or queuing at the ticket office for tickets and then over to main stand turnstiles ?

If it's the latter might have to allow a little more time before kick off.

lost in space
22 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Spacer indeed!

With my questions and your oblique exclamations, we could bump this thread til ko - hopefully adding to pay off for the lad.

Bunny Munro

I expect we will see Doyle, Berra, and Smith start this game. Walker and Haring if they are fit enough. 

Most other players played on Sat, which is a quick turnaround, although most played 45 mins or less.

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

With my questions and your oblique exclamations, we could bump this thread til ko - hopefully adding to pay off for the lad.

!

lost in space
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

!

Damn you and your infuriating exclamations....

I can only think that you want to know more about Angus Beith and his unfortunate injury and want to know that you can help him AND support Hearts by going to Tynie on Monday night.

Seymour M Hersh
6 hours ago, luckydug said:

Anyone know if it's actually a cash gate or queuing at the ticket office for tickets and then over to main stand turnstiles ?

If it's the latter might have to allow a little more time before kick off.

That's a fair point as I'm not sure how you'd set the new type of turnstile in the main stand up for a "cash" gate. Note to self, must try and get along this morning to get tickets. 

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Can’t make Monday evening friendlies, I’m afraid. Shame though, as it’s a good warm up to the curtain opener, and I feel sorry for the lad. What is the ticket price? Be tempted to make a donation somehow.

Alex Kintner
1 hour ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Can’t make Monday evening friendlies, I’m afraid. Shame though, as it’s a good warm up to the curtain opener, and I feel sorry for the lad. What is the ticket price? Be tempted to make a donation somehow.

£6 ??

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

£6 ??

If anyone wants to go, I’ll buy them a ticket. If not, can you pop six quid in a bucket for me and I’ll wire it to you?

Alex Kintner
3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

If anyone wants to go, I’ll buy them a ticket. If not, can you pop six quid in a bucket for me and I’ll wire it to you?

Happy to do option 2 for you mate ??

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Happy to do option 2 for you mate ??

Cheers bud.