Angus Beith benefit match ( updated )

SuperstarSteve

oh ah grantona
11 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Retired at 23. Will never have earned a large wage during that time but will have given up any real focus on education to pursue his dream of being a footballer.

Not overly against a wee match but in all honesty Hearts binned him he went to ICT, got injured horribly but has walked straight into paid work for Hearts. 

For me the game should be at ICT as didn't get a chance for Hearts and I like him as a player felt he had a future at us 

Shit happens to everyone and don't land so lucky walking into a job.

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alex Kintner

• Beast Boy

• been here before

• Herbert.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, oh ah grantona said:

Not overly against a wee match but in all honesty Hearts binned him he went to ICT, got injured horribly but has walked straight into paid work for Hearts. 

For me the game should be at ICT as didn't get a chance for Hearts and I like him as a player felt he had a future at us 

To be fair, his injury problems started while he was with us.

I don’t see a problem with it. Nice gesture from both teams.

I'll be there but would imagine it will be a reserve team we play seeing as we're in NI on the Saturday and play United on the Friday.

TyphoonJambo

it was described as a "Hip Injury"must have been fairly serious for hi to give up so soon.

Can't imagine there's going to be a huge turn up for this one. 

I hope the lad isn't disappointed. 

Hungry hippo
1 hour ago, oh ah grantona said:

You don't need to contribute.

Couple of real shitty posts on here regarding a young lad losing his career. He will have given up any educational chances to pursue his footballing career and it must be devastating to have a  obvious talent but to give it up due to injury.

People need to have a bit more empathy ffs. It doesn't matter if Hearts have given him a paid job or not it is a drop In the ocean to what he could have earnt or achieved and he will have to learn a whole new skill set. 

TyphoonJambo
19 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Couple of real shitty posts on here regarding a young lad losing his career. He will have given up any educational chances to pursue his footballing career and it must be devastating to have a  obvious talent but to give it up due to injury.

People need to have a bit more empathy ffs. It doesn't matter if Hearts have given him a paid job or not it is a drop In the ocean to what he could have earnt or achieved and he will have to learn a whole new skill set. 

seconded. If I were in the area I would pop along. Whats to lose, pin money to get in, for a good cause and a couple of beers. Good night out.

Remember the days when greats like Cruickshank were treated like shit. Good to see this modern club treating people with more respect.

On 25/06/2019 at 12:45, WheatfieldWarrior said:

I'm going, should be good to see some evening football without freezing my erse off.

You're a bit optimistic.

4 hours ago, peter_hmfc said:

Only able to buy tickets in the small premium section?

You'd better not sit in my seat!!!!!   

I'm planning to be there so any interlopers well get punted.  :buttkick:

?

7 hours ago, SUTOL said:

You'd better not sit in my seat!!!!!   

I'm planning to be there so any interlopers well get punted.  :buttkick:

?

At this rate it looks like you'll have a few people sitting on your knees.

MaroonedInLeith

Some embarrassing and terrible comments on here, referring to a young player who had his dreams shattered by a chronic hip injury, as if he’s a commodity or - literally - a piece of garbage (‘he was binned’ etc). Shameful attitude to have towards someone’s life’s ambition and playing career prospects being cut short at such a young age. 

I’m sure I’m not the only parent on here whose kids have already been coached by Angus (“Goose”) at Box Soccer and/or the Hearts Academy and seen that he’s already looking like a great youth coach - he has an excellent manner with the kids, gets them to understand complex drills and they all seem to really respond to him. 

Would be great to see some more tickets sold for the ICT game for what will also be the last pre-season match before we play DUFC in the Betfred. There are players like Souttar, Uche, Haring, M.Smith and Halkett who may play some part as they’ve either not travelled to Ireland and/or not featured yet in pre-season. I’d imagine they’d want at least one match under their belt (if fit) before playing a competitive cup tie. 

Lets try to get the ticket sales up to get a half decent turnout for the lad. £6 adult and £3 concession is very good value. 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, MaroonedInLeith said:

Some embarrassing and terrible comments on here, referring to a young player who had his dreams shattered by a chronic hip injury, as if he’s a commodity or - literally - a piece of garbage (‘he was binned’ etc). Shameful attitude to have towards someone’s life’s ambition and playing career prospects being cut short at such a young age. 

I’m sure I’m not the only parent on here whose kids have already been coached by Angus (“Goose”) at Box Soccer and/or the Hearts Academy and seen that he’s already looking like a great youth coach - he has an excellent manner with the kids, gets them to understand complex drills and they all seem to really respond to him. 

Would be great to see some more tickets sold for the ICT game for what will also be the last pre-season match before we play DUFC in the Betfred. There are players like Souttar, Uche, Haring, M.Smith and Halkett who may play some part as they’ve either not travelled to Ireland and/or not featured yet in pre-season. I’d imagine they’d want at least one match under their belt (if fit) before playing a competitive cup tie. 

Lets try to get the ticket sales up to get a half decent turnout for the lad. £6 adult and £3 concession is very good value. 

Fine sentiments and I agree wholeheartedly. The fact that the clubs have done this and Hearts immediately got him on board as a coach speaks volumes of how well regarded he is as a player and young man. 

true-jambo
6 minutes ago, MaroonedInLeith said:

Well said, he has coached my Grandson at Riccarton on Monday afternoons, and he, my Grandson, is very complimentary about Angus, and likes him a lot.

I hope the young man gets a decent turnout

1 hour ago, MaroonedInLeith said:

Well said. 

WheatfieldWarrior
5 hours ago, MaroonedInLeith said:

Got our tickets yesterday - surprised that only the main stand open at the moment.

Edited by WheatfieldWarrior

Captain Canada

Got my tickets for this. I don't really understand the negative comments. You have to pay to watch football games anyway, so might as well go along and help a young guy out at the same time. 

We have such a big squad at the moment, there will definitely be a half decent team put out. 

11 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

Got my tickets for this. I don't really understand the negative comments. You have to pay to watch football games anyway, so might as well go along and help a young guy out at the same time. 

We have such a big squad at the moment, there will definitely be a half decent team put out. 

Because its kickback and half dont go to games. 

22 hours ago, MaroonedInLeith said:

Agree entirely. I think it sends a message that we're a club that does our best by our players. 

Hopeful its a good turnout for Angus, terrible shame about how things have went for him. Hopefully he can kick on as a coach and make a real go of it. Who knows, in 10 years we might be welcoming him back into the first team. 

Just now, OTT said:

Agree entirely. I think it sends a message that we're a club that does our best by our players. 

Hopeful its a good turnout for Angus, terrible shame about how things have went for him. Hopefully he can kick on as a coach and make a real go of it. Who knows, in 10 years we might be welcoming him back into the first team. 

He wasn't our player. Plenty young guys dont make it in football for 1 reason or another. He's still young enough to goto uni etc and have a decent career doing something else. 

GorgieFifeLife
11 minutes ago, Herbert said:

He wasn't our player. Plenty young guys dont make it in football for 1 reason or another. He's still young enough to goto uni etc and have a decent career doing something else. 

It is nice to be nice.

3 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Getting into uni is becoming more and more difficult and even at that, the odds of getting into a 'good' uni are slim. Most youngsters pursuing a career in football go all in and generally won't have the exam results to get in anyway (since you get highers in 5th & 6th year - 17 & 18 years old). True there are other routes but nonetheless at this stage they're looking at several years of prep before actually being able to apply (Highers -> HNC -> HND -> 3rd Year), thats whilst trying to balance a job. Plenty do it yes, but its far from easy. 

I think its about being seen to do the right thing, and youngsters thinking of signing up with us should be able to look at that and know that we're a club that will do right by them. He was a Hearts player for his entire playing career bar one year and had been with us since 2005.. thats just before Vlad came in which is a pretty significant time. Its an amazing gesture and the club should be applauded for it. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

You're a right herbert aren't you?

Hope the boy gets a good turn out for his game.

Don't understand why some folk take a delight in being ignorant dicks.

It's a good chance to get a preview of some of our players as I'd imagine both clubs will use it as a pre season warm up. It's for a good cause as well.

I don't normally attend testimonials but this is different imo.

MaroonedInLeith
On ‎04‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 10:54, Herbert said:

He was our player for 13 years in total, from joining the Academy in 2005 to signing for ICT in 2018.

He's actually spent more of his life playing for Hearts, than he has not playing for Hearts.

Really weird that some people begrudge a nice guy - who worked hard and spent the majority of his life at Hearts - a fundraising match, after a chronic injury halted his development and career progression. 

54 minutes ago, MaroonedInLeith said:

He was our player for 13 years in total, from joining the Academy in 2005 to signing for ICT in 2018.

He's actually spent more of his life playing for Hearts, than he has not playing for Hearts.

Really weird that some people begrudge a nice guy - who worked hard and spent the majority of his life at Hearts - a fundraising match, after a chronic injury halted his development and career progression. 

100% agree.

Why are some people so horrible it's not as if it's any skin of their nose.

2 hours ago, MaroonedInLeith said:

If Djoum is injured next season are we due him anything?

Angus was employed by the club he was well looked after while he was here. He was sold and our responsibility to him ended there. We have given the guy a job he should thank himself lucky for that. If he was horribly injured in a car accident or something and was disabled then yeah a charity game would be totally justified but he's got a job coaching and can still do other things no problem it's not like he's going to be on the breadline.

6 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Angus was employed by the club he was well looked after while he was here. He was sold and our responsibility to him ended there. We have given the guy a job he should thank himself lucky for that. If he was horribly injured in a car accident or something and was disabled then yeah a charity game would be totally justified but he's got a job coaching and can still do other things no problem it's not like he's going to be on the breadline.

:phface: 

Imagine finding an issue with us looking after a guy when his career has been snatched away from him by an injury, some folk are mental :lol:  

MaroonedInLeith

Djoum didn't spend 13 years at the club, coming through the Academy from the age of 9. 

Hearts' financial responsibility ended when they sold Angus, but their moral responsibility didn't.

It's really weird how hell-bent you are on denying the guy a benefit match after 13 years with Hearts coming to a cruel end. Why does it bother you so much that the club is doing something nice? Does our Save The Children sponsorship annoy you? Does the Big Hearts charity partnership wind you up? 

2 minutes ago, MaroonedInLeith said:

Djoum didn't spend 13 years at the club, coming through the Academy from the age of 9. 

Hearts' financial responsibility ended when they sold Angus, but their moral responsibility didn't.

It's really weird how hell-bent you are on denying the guy a benefit match after 13 years with Hearts coming to a cruel end. Why does it bother you so much that the club is doing something nice? Does our Save The Children sponsorship annoy you? Does the Big Hearts charity partnership wind you up? 

He got swapped for mulraney hardly a cruel end to his hearts career is it. How many players come to hearts at 8-9 years old and get let go when they are late teens and dont have a club to goto? He's lucky to still be involved in the game after he couldn't cut it at us or Inverness this injury maybe a blessing for him of he wants to remain in football.

4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

He got swapped for mulraney hardly a cruel end to his hearts career is it. How many players come to hearts at 8-9 years old and get let go when they are late teens and dont have a club to goto? He's lucky to still be involved in the game after he couldn't cut it at us or Inverness this injury maybe a blessing for him of he wants to remain in football.

Have a day off, you're acting like a massive twat.

MaroonedInLeith

21 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Just stop.

You are coming across very badly imo.

MaroonedInLeith
13 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Probably best you just give Monday night's game a miss. Maybe you should give all the games at Tynecastle a miss - there are two clubs in Glasgow where your bitterness and resentment towards others would be an excellent fit.

All the best ? 

9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I would leave it there before you make a bigger fool of yourself. 

Classic way to finish a debate when you have nothing more to say.

Just now, MaroonedInLeith said:

Probably best you just give Monday night's game a miss. Maybe you should give all the games at Tynecastle a miss - there are two clubs in Glasgow where your bitterness and resentment towards others would be an excellent fit.

All the best ? 

:cornette:

because I question  something I'm not allowed back at tynecastle.

1 minute ago, Herbert said:

:cornette:

because I question  something I'm not allowed back at tynecastle.

You’ve made your point and given your opinion. It’s taking place. You don’t have to go to the game. Probably best you stop commenting. 

1 minute ago, Koolkeith said:

You’ve made your point and given your opinion. It’s taking place. You don’t have to go to the game. Probably best you stop commenting. 

Well why is it such an issue that I think it's a waste of time. The guys hardly been left to rot by the club. 

52 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Step away from the keyboard as you are proving to be an absolute roaster of the highest order, honestly you will thank me for it.

4 hours ago, Herbert said:

Well why is it such an issue that I think it's a waste of time. The guys hardly been left to rot by the club. 

You seriously grudging the lad 6 quid? It’s an unfortunate end to a young mans career and you grudge sticking your hand in your pocket for less than the price of two beers?  People like you should take up another hobby of support another team. PHM doesn’t apply to the likes of you.

Wether AB is the beneficiary or not, it’s an opportunity to go and support your team in a pre season game on a boring Monday night.

I hope the lad gets a great turn out and a couple of quid in his pocket to give him a wee head start in his new vocation. 

jamboinglasgow
17 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Cruel luck for the lad, interview on HeartsTV

https://heartstv.heartsfc.co.uk/tv/video/vod/2165

Great interview. Good to hear that he has a few paths that he can go from now. He is Hearts U12 coach but also doing an Open University degree in business management with a year left. I think he wants to go down the coaching route he should look at Germany and the young coaches there such as Nagelsmann of RB Leipzig who became Hoffenheim head coach at 28.

21 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

You seriously grudging the lad 6 quid? It’s an unfortunate end to a young mans career and you grudge sticking your hand in your pocket for less than the price of two beers?  People like you should take up another hobby of support another team. PHM doesn’t apply to the likes of you.

Wether AB is the beneficiary or not, it’s an opportunity to go and support your team in a pre season game on a boring Monday night.

I hope the lad gets a great turn out and a couple of quid in his pocket to give him a wee head start in his new vocation. 

Absolute cretinous behaviour against one of our own!  

PHM ?

Do you get a badge if you qualify as one?

He wasn't one of our own he was a Inverness player. He's got enough of a hand out by the club by being given a coaching job.

been here before
51 minutes ago, Herbert said:

PHM ?

He wasn't one of our own he was a Inverness player. He's got enough of a hand out by the club by being given a coaching job.

Pwopah Danny Dyer.

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

PHM ?

Herbert, everyone else has tried to be tactful, respectful and polite. I would now like to buck that trend. 

Why dont you get of the guys back, cut him some slack and just Shut the **** up? 

If you dont agree, dont go but why slag of any attempt to help him? 

4 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

Herbert, everyone else has tried to be tactful, respectful and polite. I would now like to buck that trend. 

Why dont you get of the guys back, cut him some slack and just Shut the **** up? 

If you dont agree, dont go but why slag of any attempt to help him? 

Why should I shut up? Because the bullies say so?

The club have helped him already.