• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• kila

• tartofmidlothian

• been here before

Absolutely cracking evening. Surreal seeing Tynecastle like that but some absolutely wonderful music and a fantastic atmosphere around the place. 

First time in the fans bar tonight too, amazed at how reasonable the prices were!

We absolutely must try and do more of this kind of thing during the summer months, must have made a fair few quid tonight and it gives us a chance to sell the club to non fans. The three folk I was with tonight (two non football fans and a lapsed Hibby) all commented on how good the experience was and are going to get tickets for A War of Two Halves as well. 

Really need to do something about those seagulls though... 

23 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Casablanca Olympic and Fawkes Phoenix my favourites 

The Harry Potter and John Williams music was smashing...

But was waiting for Humphrey Bogart, Sidney Green street, and Peter Lorre to appear from the wings........   My favourite picture.... Casablanca....Not to mention Vishy Claude Raine's 

Really enjoyed tonight. Good music, relaxed atmosphere, and was in good company.

Had to help squeeze a large American through the wheatfield turnstile! Seriously the turnstile sizes were causing many an issue that I seen!

Went to the pie stand for some juice until it was pointed out we could get a drink, which we did not expect, so we gladly obliged, with gusto!

The star wars and superman finale was superb. Spotted a storm trooper earlier but was well outdone by the super father and daughter. Fantastic and kudos to you sir.

Personal f avourite was the pink panther. Reminded me that I really should've seen stuff in the jazz festival.

11 hours ago, sac said:

Any seagulls?

It’s Tynecastle. Of course there was.  Think we need to get a hawk. Don’t know if there was food.  Plenty drink cans and bottles tho.n

Edited by Tams bird

AlphonseCapone
48 minutes ago, Tams bird said:

It’s Tynecastle. Of course there was.  Think we need to get a hawk. Don’t know if there was food.  Plenty drink cans and bottles tho.n

I've saw places before that have hawk kites flying that scare off the seagulls. 

AlphonseCapone
23 minutes ago, Arry said:

Great night. Seat in the Georgie with a few glasses of wine. Happy days.

Still drunk? 😝 

Classical music is beautiful to listen to I just started to listen to it in the last year and now I’m hooked on it.

I really enjoyed watching last night well done to everyone in the orchestra I’m a fan now.🎵🎻🎺🎷

Surprised its not been mentioned but was good to see the manager in attendance up the back of the Gorgie stand. Looks like he's been on the tanning beds

tartofmidlothian
8 hours ago, Super T said:

Had to help squeeze a large American through the wheatfield turnstile! Seriously the turnstile sizes were causing many an issue that I seen!

I was thinking that last night as well, why do turnstiles have to be so narrow? Thought the same at the Liverpool game last week.

tartofmidlothian
Just now, BigAlim said:

Surprised its not been mentioned but was good to see the manager in attendance up the back of the Gorgie stand. Looks like he's been on the tanning beds

I imagine a lot of the audience wouldn't know who he was. I wonder if any players were there?

Weird how the Gorgie became the posh seats for the night.

tartofmidlothian
4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

And the seagulls. A lot of people praising it as part of the show.

Good review, but I don't know why it mentions terraces.

Geordie Jambo
3 minutes ago, tartofmidlothian said:

I imagine a lot of the audience wouldn't know who he was. I wonder if any players were there?

Weird how the Gorgie became the posh seats for the night.

Berra and McPhee there last night as well as JJ and Billy Brown I saw.  Also The PieMan walking about with his director lanyard on 🤬

2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I've saw places before that have hawk kites flying that scare off the seagulls. 

We have those. If you go past during the week you can just about see them fluttering about over the top of the stands.

letsalllaughathobos

Had a great time at the concert last night, start was delayed as everyone went to main stand entrance, 

The staff where brilliant noticed it was going to take ages and just opened doors and checked ticket far to much common sense, 

I was on pitch seating got plenty photos and videos, 

Would like to see big boxing events now too and plenty for other concerts as well, 

Well done to all the organisation and set up, 

Top night 

This will all end in tears. A brand new pitch that will be damaged. Those who think otherwise have limited knowledge of how to manage turf.

1 minute ago, Prof said:

This will all end in tears. A brand new pitch that will be damaged. Those who think otherwise have limited knowledge of how to manage turf.

It’s over a year old now :D

Good first birthday. At least the weather is good - sun and rain. It’ll bounce back quicker than the bits those fuds burnt with their smoke bombs. 

3 minutes ago, Prof said:

Unlike you who just has limited knowledge.

Football grounds all over the world host concerts without any issues.

10 minutes ago, Prof said:

I would be stunned if Hearts hadn’t seeked advice from the experts who lay and maintain the hybrid pitch before hosting the concert. 

Edited by Nobreath

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Absolutely no bitterness here. Nope, none at all. :teehee:

STANDING ON HER OWN... ON. HER. OWN!

:wow:

142D771D-8D3A-43B0-BB57-8E3946C7225E.png

Guy is obviously suffering badly.    

Wonderful.   😁

6 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

Is Col2 actually Prof? Not for me to say.

AlphonseCapone
29 minutes ago, Prof said:

What's your qualifications on the matter? 

19 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

I would be stunned if Hearts hadn’t seeked advice from the experts who lay and maintain the hybrid pitch before hosting the concert. 

Not all the experts, clearly Prof wasn't asked. 

11 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Is Col2 actually Prof? Not for me to say.

I suspect Col is a Professor of Bitterness and jealousy studies, at Butt-Hurt University.

59 minutes ago, Prof said:

Deek at the nick of this. 

The stadium was 100% not offered free of charge that is absolute shite. 

It would never even have been a conversation that hearts had to deal with the “audio/visuals” either so no idea where he has got that from but it’s utter nonsense. 

Edited by Morph

gashauskis9
58 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

And there’s the admission.  They reckon we’re just a decent manager away from owning them again.  Forever in our shadow, even by their own admission 😂😂😂.

1 hour ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

Had a great time at the concert last night, start was delayed as everyone went to main stand entrance

The huge queues outside the Wheatfield would suggest otherwise.

13 minutes ago, Morph said:

The stadium was 100% not offered free of charge that is absolute shite. 

It would never even have been a conversation that hearts had to deal with the “audio/visuals” either so no idea where he has got that from but it’s utter nonsense. 

He’s plucked it straight out his jealous, bitter little hoop. 

It’s a strange one for hibs fans to be bitter about as hearts didn’t really have much to do with this beyond the venue hire. 

The concert was completely organised by EIF and hosted by themselves and Standard Life.  The concert could’ve easily been put at Easter Road but with them focusing quite heavily on Leith last year with Leith Theatre being brought back, I think it was mentioned at the programme launch event that they wanted to focus on the west of the city. 

Ann Budge didn’t organise this so all the wee jibes at her are pretty daft :laugh:  Of course all the attention wouldn’t be on her by people attending the events in the build up because it really had little to do with hearts and more to do with Tynecastle as a venue. 

As for the pitch, it will be fine.  From the wee bit of info I was fed I think the pitch was one of the biggest concerns early on so there had to be assurances made that it would be fine.  Obviously they’ve done their homework and made sure the protection was adequate rather than throwing down a bit of sheet and hoping for the best. 

Edited by Morph

2 minutes ago, Morph said:

It’s a strange one for hibs fans to be bitter about as hearts didn’t really have much to do with this beyond the venue hire. 

The concert was completely organised by EIF and hosted by themselves and Standard Life.  The concert could’ve easily been put at Easter Road but with them focusing quite heavily on Leith last year with Leith Theatre being brought back, I think it was mentioned at the launch event that they wanted to focus on the west of the city. 

Ann Budge didn’t organise this so all the wee jibes at her are pretty daft :laugh:  Of course all the attention wouldn’t be on her by people attending the events in the build up because it really had little to do with hearts and more to do with Tynecastle as a venue. 

As for the pitch, it will be fine.  From the wee bit of info I was fed early on I think the pitch was one of the biggest concerns early on so there had to be assurances made that it would be fine.  Obviously they’ve done their homework and made sure the protection was adequate rather than throwing down a bit of sheet and hoping for the best. 

They are bitter because it doesn’t fit with their line about our stadium being a part finished health hazard. 

2 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

They are bitter because it doesn’t fit with their line about our stadium being a part finished health hazard. 

That's only one of the reasons the vermin are bitter.

3 minutes ago, Icon of Symmetry said:

:laugh: true. 

Its a good event to be a part of though and definitely paves the way for tynecastle to be used in the future when murrayfield is too big.  With meadowbank being shut down it leaves a hole that tynecastle could potentially fill.    ER could too, it wouldn’t be a bad thing for the city to have 3 stadiums capable of events like that. 

I was laughing at everyone leaving when walking along Gorgie Road last night.  I’ve never seen a more orderly exit in my life, everyone sticking to the pavements and apologising to the cars if they got in their way :laugh: 

Edited by Morph

1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

What's your qualifications on the matter

First class honours and PhD in Botany.

John Findlay

Watching the concert on you tube through my telly now. One word superb. The sound is fantastic and the conductor and musicians are top drawer.

The venue also top drawer. Well done Tynecastle Park.

As for our neighbours across the city.

Green with envy doesn't even start to cover it.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, Prof said:

First class honours and PhD in Botany.

Come on then. Spill the beans on how the pitch will be permanently damaged.

Personally I think you are full of excrement. 

I bet the pitch is immaculate for Ross County next week.

We don’t have a particularly good record in pitch care. Before the last pitch was laid which cost about £1 million, various reseeding attempts were undertaken, all of which ended up poorly. The goal mouths, touchlines and corner flags in particular were a disgrace for a club like Hearts.

2 minutes ago, Prof said:

We don’t have a particularly good record in pitch care. Before the last pitch was laid which cost about £1 million, various reseeding attempts were undertaken, all of which ended up poorly. The goal mouths, touchlines and corner flags in particular were a disgrace for a club like Hearts.

Well we'll just have to wait and see then. Should know by next Saturday. 

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Come on then. Spill the beans on how the pitch will be permanently damaged.

Personally I think you are full of excrement. 

I bet the pitch is immaculate for Ross County next week.

Ever heard of ground impaction and compression and the effect it has on water availability in grass? The effects do not become apparent for a number of months.  Plenty of examples for you to look up using google scholar.

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Well we'll just have to wait and see then. Should know by next Saturday. 

See sbove reply on timing

Edited by Prof

1 hour ago, Prof said:

You are getting more desperate with every post. Hibsnet must be so proud of you

gashauskis9
17 hours ago, graygo said:

It's just about to start on pussbook now.

Goosebumps watching that.  World class (seriously world class) music event held in OUR stadium.

Very very proud of my club this morning.