Aidy White signs for Hearts

kimosavi

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Read the interview with Joe Urqhuart Yorkshire Evening Post. Sums up Aidy very well. 

This can only be described as speculative. A fiver would be too much for me

Only 4 quid dearer than Mikey Stewart

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• frankblack

• JamboAl

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

What's the source? If he's not enjoyed his stay so far it isn't surprising given his limited game time. An extended run in the team and a trip to Hampden may change his mind.

Homesick I believe.  People closest to him all in Oz. That’s where he is headed. 

2 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Do tell me.

A load of ***** are saying it’s a waste of money. As one of them can you prove that it is please? 

Edited by Jammy T

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

Watch the blood pressure mate. We have signed about 40plus players in 4 years & about a dozen are decent. 

If you like mediocrity maybe check out Easter Road. 

You’re the slaver - I’m amused by your pish spouting - maybe you need the blood pressure tablets?

You’ll recall we were in administration

You’ll recall we were in the championship

You’ll recall that we started with a squad of about 7 players and had not much money.

To get anywhere we were always going to have a high turnover of players from administration until now unless you think naismith and Lafferty and Djoum and McGlaughlin etc would have signed for us in the Championship?

Edited by Jammy T

Mr Elwood P
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Homesick I believe.  People closest to him all in Oz. That’s where he is headed. 

Can't blame him. The Scottish winter is not fun if you are used to it, coming from Australia it must be torture. I think someone said his girlfriend is at university back in OZ so that may be another factor?

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Can't blame him. The Scottish winter is not fun if you are used to it, coming from Australia it must be torture. I think someone said his girlfriend is at university back in OZ so that may be another factor?

Especially if you can’t get a regular game and as a result  have lost your place in national squad. 

Mr Elwood P
1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Especially if you can’t get a regular game and as a result  have lost your place in national squad. 

He's not got any full caps for Australia and only has 3 caps for the U23 squad? Maybe thinking of Bozanic.

Edited by Mr Elwood P

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

A load of ***** are saying it’s a waste of money. As one of them can you prove that it is please? 

A bit OTT.

What do you know about Aidy? You ever seen him.

It's ok to have an opinion and it's ok to disagree with a signing without being abused 

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

He's not got any full caps for Australia and only has 3 caps for the U23 squad? Maybe thinking of Bozanic.

No, he did get called up to their squad after he joined us. Didn’t get a cap and now doesn’t get called up. 

You’re the slaver - I’m amused by your pish spouting - maybe you need the blood pressure tablets?

You’ll recall that we started with a squad of about 7 players and had not much money.

To get anywhere we were always going to have a high turnover of players from administration until now unless you think naismith and Lafferty and Djoum and McGlaughlin etc would have signed for us in the Championship?

Youre post are quite confrontational. 

We disagree. Its OK you know!

You seem to think its ok to turn a blind eye when we sign complete dross (take a look at the last 4 years squads and I will bet even you could pick 20plus player that are/were shite). 

For every Naismith & Lafferty theres a Martin & a Sowah etc.

Mr Elwood P
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

No, he did get called up to their squad after he joined us. Didn’t get a cap and now doesn’t get called up. 

Wouldn't really call being part of a training camp and then not getting called up again losing your place in the squad. To me you would have to be established, i.e. have been capped, to subsequently have been deemed to have lost your place in the squad. Just my opinion.

35 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Wouldn't really call being part of a training camp and then not getting called up again losing your place in the squad. To me you would have to be established, i.e. have been capped, to subsequently have been deemed to have lost your place in the squad. Just my opinion.

Entitled to it. I was just pointing out that they things were going great in Aug and Sept. getting a game for us, called up by Oz, then it fell apart. Can understand him wanting out. 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Entitled to it. I was just pointing out that they things were going great in Aug and Sept. getting a game for us, called up by Oz, then it fell apart. Can understand him wanting out. 

Maybe get called up again if he keeps his place in the Hearts team for the remained of the season.

1 hour ago, Pans Jambo said:

You seem to think its ok to turn a blind eye when we sign complete dross (take a look at the last 4 years squads and I will bet even you could pick 20plus player that are/were shite). 

In building a squad from virtual scratch you can only sign players that are available and within our budget.  That is why Poundshops flourish during austerity.

Maybe we should go back to the Vlad days and sign players with funny money.  Is that what you suggest?

Just now, JamboAl said:

In building a squad from virtual scratch you can only sign players that are available and within our budget.  That is why Poundshops flourish during austerity.

Maybe we should go back to the Vlad days and sign players with funny money.  Is that what you suggest?

Aye it is mate.

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Good luck building a career in football with that attitude, if true.

3 hours ago, Jammy T said:

You really come over as an angry man who hates anyone who has a different point of view from you.

Cruyff Turn
7 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Think Garrucio has a good chance over the last 10-12 games of the season to establish himself as our first choice left back. He’s only 23 so another 2-4 years away from being in his prime. He has show enough, from my perspective, to be retained and developed.

Garuccio has a good game on Saturday minus one iffy clearance in the first half. 

Decent v Partick too plus an assist. Deserves a run in the team. Certainly young enough to improve and it’s only his first season outside Oz. I’m starting to like him tbh. 

8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s 19, out of contract in the summer but he wouldn’t be free as they would be due them a development fee.

We'd be a cracking move for the lad. I hope he does look beyond the money and look at it practically. He's either better coming and joining us where he's going to play football or sticking with Motherwell to get his 100 games before looking for a move. 

At 19 he's not going to get the sort of game time he needs to keep developing if he moves to rangers. 

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

A bit OTT.

What do you know about Aidy? You ever seen him.

It's ok to have an opinion and it's ok to disagree with a signing without being abused 

What if his deal is appearance based?

Is that a waste of money?

4 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Like practically every club.....

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, OTT said:

We'd be a cracking move for the lad. I hope he does look beyond the money and look at it practically. He's either better coming and joining us where he's going to play football or sticking with Motherwell to get his 100 games before looking for a move. 

At 19 he's not going to get the sort of game time he needs to keep developing if he moves to rangers. 

Exactly, I hope we are registering an interest at least.

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

It was only a training camp, he was one of 31 players and still hasn’t won a cap yet.

I would be surprised if he left, he has a lot to learn but who doesn’t at 23.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 hours ago, Jammy T said:

What if his deal is appearance based?

Is that a waste of money?

Sadly probably yes. It's a career in a long term downward spiral. 

Don't see the rationale behind this at all nor anyone in Yorkshire apparently. 

Will be a great comeback if this works 

1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Sadly probably yes. It's a career in a long term downward spiral. 

Don't see the rationale behind this at all nor anyone in Yorkshire apparently. 

Will be a great comeback if this works 

You mean if he is constantly injured and we don’t pay him money it’s a waste of money?

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You mean if he is constantly injured and we don’t pay him money it’s a waste of money?

No, I don't.

But I doubt in any case that is the deal, do you know that's the deal then, pay per play?

What do you know?

We have been monitoring him for over a year. At this point, he has been free of injury for a period and latetest assessment  is that he has overcome the injuries and getting back to fitness. 

No way on earth would the contract be a full salary for the period of the deal. He won’t be top paid and there will be an element around appearances. 

He has the potential to be a player beyond our budget (as per Berra, Naismith -might add Gordon) who either contributes positively to the team and/or gets us a good transfer fee. 

We cannot compete financially for guaranteed Premiership level players. If we want to punch above our weight we occasionally have to take some (low cost) risks. 

Those who think we have gone anywhere near paying him going rate for the level he was before injury, for the period of his contract, are clearly wildly off the mark.

We could take no risk and have no chance of punching higher. 

Mid takevyhe managed low risk route. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Interview with his previous manager

Have to say I'm finding it quite hard to hate this fella. First derby should sort that out though.

4 hours ago, Longshanks said:

we'll spend two years getting him fit and then he will **** off to celtic for free NAP

Does this sort of thing happen often?

Gibson_HMFC
5 hours ago, Jamhammer said:

Have to say I'm finding it quite hard to hate this fella. First derby should sort that out though.

I'm sure there's something in that that means he won't be the same player. Retrain your whole body? 

Sounds like the guy is learning to walk again. 

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

6 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

I'm sure there's something in that that means he won't be the same player. Retrain your whole body? 

Not really. There are simple stretches that anyone can do post injury from a physio which can have surprising results. Just about knowing your body and adjusting. All about being savvy

Gibson_HMFC
6 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

Not really. There are simple stretches that anyone can do post injury from a physio which can have surprising results. Just about knowing your body and adjusting. All about being savvy

If simple stretches retrained his whole body, fair play to him and his physio.

I'll give him a month with our physios before he's in a wheel chair. 

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

5 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

All relative of course. But suspect he's a gamble with costs stacked in our favour. We are not cash rich so I welcome the prudent approach. 

Gibson_HMFC
1 minute ago, Jim Panzee said:

All relative of course. But suspect he's a gamble with costs stacked in our favour. We are not cash rich so I welcome the prudent approach. 

Yeah, i hope he comes good. 

It would be easier for me to accept these kind of signings if all was going well on the pitch at the moment. 

I can't help but look at the other risks we've taken that have come to nothing. Amankwaa comes to mind. Wighton to a lesser extent. 

Edited by Gibson_HMFC

6 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

Yeah, i hope he comes good. 

It would be easier for me to accept these kind of signings if all was going well on the pitch at the moment. 

I can't help but look at the other risks we've taken that have come to nothing. Amankwaa comes to mind. Wighton to a lesser extent. 

Its where we are financially. Celtic are probs the only club in our league who can sign / loan players who are 100% ready and at the top of their game (Sinclair and that boy from Chelsea). 

We gamble.....but appropriately- hence Clare and Wighton. I'm happy with that.

30 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

But he'll not be with your physios; he'll be with Hearts' physios.

45 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

I meant Heginbottom

portobellojambo1
On 11/03/2019 at 21:24, JamboAl said:

I don't disagree with what you say in the above 2 paragraphs. And yes, of course we need to look within our budget. But in saying that, do we also not have to look at what we think is missing in our team, and buy with the intention of looking for/hoping for almost immediate entry to the first team. I know little about this guy, I had to have a look at Wikipedia, and it seems he has been injury prone for around 5 years now, and if the data is correct hasn't played for the best part of two years. In our situation do you think it is wise to employ someone where it is very much a gamble and he might never play for us, and in the process we may overlook a fully fit left back out there who could be available within our budget and a certainty to be in the first team from the kick off next season.

47 minutes ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

The physios Souttar and Uche have praised?

23 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't disagree with what you say in the above 2 paragraphs. And yes, of course we need to look within our budget. But in saying that, do we also not have to look at what we think is missing in our team, and buy with the intention of looking for/hoping for almost immediate entry to the first team. I know little about this guy, I had to have a look at Wikipedia, and it seems he has been injury prone for around 5 years now, and if the data is correct hasn't played for the best part of two years. In our situation do you think it is wise to employ someone where it is very much a gamble and he might never play for us, and in the process we may overlook a fully fit left back out there who could be available within our budget and a certainty to be in the first team from the kick off next season.

Usual drama from other posters. We have a great budget and the market is huge from which we can shop in.

As ever though, it will still come down to good or bad judgement from our scouts and coaches when picking players to sign.

There’s teams who spend millions upon millions and get it wrong because of shite scouts and managers wrong decisions, but you still get some Hearts fans using the budget excuse. 

Edited by Debut 4

1 hour ago, Gibson_HMFC said:

This made me laugh.

That is not to say i condone you.

29 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Firstly let me say I do not know what money was available but White was signed outwith the transfer window for a position we have been trying to fill for some seasons. Alternatives able to hit the ground running would be few and far between or they would already have been snapped up by 31 Jan.

Is he a gamble?  Every player is a gamble but his history suggests he would be more so although I'd be most surprised if the club haven't covered themselves somehow within his contract lest things should go awry.  That said, he must have passed a medical, probably more stringent than normal, leaving him to get himself match fit asap.  At this point, it is probably worth mentioning that in the last couple of seasons we have lost 3 LBs to long term injuries and they had no known history. (Smith-Brown, Mitchell and Brandon). 

CL has been chasing AW for some time so clearly rates him and feels he is worth taking the chance on.  Time will tell if he is right,

Toxteth O'Grady
11 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

CL has been chasing AW for some time so clearly rates him and feels he is worth taking the chance on.  Time will tell if he is right,

CL likes a punt at the bookies and at Musselburgh races,  gambling with money is in his nature so it's no surprise he does this with players. Bookies and agents must have made a fortune out of him over the years. 

tynietigers

Have been told he hopes to maybe give him a run out in the last two or three games. Wheather that comes about from us not being able to get 4th I have no idea.

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

Have been told he hopes to maybe give him a run out in the last two or three games. Wheather that comes about from us not being able to get 4th I have no idea.

I doubt we are writing off 4th yet.