Aidy White signs for Hearts

kimosavi

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

He is. No positional awareness, no awareness of where the opposition are. We haven’t had a solid left back for years. We have had attacking left backs since the season in Champinship. We have tried to sign a few but price was always too high.  Dabbling with back three also negates need for solid defensive left back. Whites signing suggests back four in future. 

CL always has favoured a back four, I still don’t think Ben is any worse defensively than Godhino/Mitchell/Mulraney/Brandon or Smith for that matter but we can agree to disagree on that. If this guy can stay fit he looks like a good player, it’s whether he can do that and buck the trend of the rest of his career that folk have a problem with.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• soonbe110

• frankblack

• JamboAl

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

At the time they were signed, and how they performed, Wilson,Gomis, Buaben, Zeefuik, Alexander and there’s more.  Most signed to get us out of a division over a two year period and achieved it in one

Wilson was signed before admin, Keatings is the only other signing I can think of when we were in the Championship.

colinmaroon
20 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

During the time these millions were  being wasted (apparently) we won the Championship and finished 3rd. We were on track for another two thirds in 16/17 before Neilson left and before our injury crisis this season, and we're still in with a chance of a great cup run this year.

So the budget has to be looked at in the context of what was achieved. Two good seasons, two gong show seasons for various reasons and then this season that could yet be quite good or a going show. Not great but not disastrous. What's clear though is our signing policy is now much more stable and targeted and we finally have the makings of a decent long-term spine in the team, something Neilson and Cathro failed to put in place.

Oh, you little rascal you!

The "Truth" Monster will get you!

On 08/03/2019 at 15:29, The Future's Maroon said:

Ink barely dry on the guys contract and written off by JKB already, geezus.

You don’t get long on here. These days you don’t even get to kick a ball before you’re pronounced sheeit, apparently 

14 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Oh, you little rascal you!

The "Truth" Monster will get you!

To add to the points from @ToqueJambo  we had massive capital projects on the new stand and new hybrid pitch and are still in the hunt for 3rd or 4th and a second semi final place.

Its truly terrible being a Hearts supporter just now. :rofl:

Edited by frankblack

jamboinglasgow
On 09/03/2019 at 10:15, CJGJ said:

That's a fair post and the deal wil be structured to protect the club

IF he gets back then we have a player who will do an excellent job for us. Had he not had his injury problems I doubt we would have been able to afford him and he would likely be playing for a championship side

He's been up at the training ground over the last couple of months and I'm sure been examined by the medical team.

Signed now because in the summer he may well have had other offers providing he proved his fitness

I don't really see the harm in signing him providing the wages are structured correctly and giving him that length of deal must mean someone has a good bit of faith in him and has seen enough to offer that contract

Thats my thinking as well.

For us to be after him since the summer and only sign him now when he has been free in that time suggests that we were waiting to get it clear the injury isn't an issue before offering him a contract.

I doubt we will see him this season except for maybe 1 or 2 games at the end. But I am certain he will be a program to be up to speed for next season that will require hard work every day till then.

Also dont think this means the end of Gracuccio. 

On 09/03/2019 at 15:21, Pasquale for King said:

Wilson was signed before admin, Keatings is the only other signing I can think of when we were in the Championship.

Eckersley?

Pallardo

Pallardo?

On 09/03/2019 at 14:23, jambonian said:

Yes, there is. Greg Taylor of Kilmarnock. We won't sign him but someone else will while we continue to scrape the depths for "potential". Do we actually look at the decent players in our own Leagues? So many decent players have moved to similar clubs (in size, give or take) and done well for them. Aberdeen and Hibs as examples? We sign Mulraney, Wighton and Edwards, still don't understand this signing. Do we trust the manager to another transfer window?

Jake Hastie, Greg kiltie and Dom Thomas all out of contract end of season. Now I'm not saying they'd take us to the next level or anything but given there wouldn't be a huge expense I wouldn't mind us looking at the likes of these. Btw they are all wide players. A gamble's obviously but at least used to the Scottish leagues and would know they'd need to step up to what's required.

Hungry hippo
6 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Jake Hastie, Greg kiltie and Dom Thomas all out of contract end of season. Now I'm not saying they'd take us to the next level or anything but given there wouldn't be a huge expense I wouldn't mind us looking at the likes of these. Btw they are all wide players. A gamble's obviously but at least used to the Scottish leagues and would know they'd need to step up to what's required.

Hastie wouldn't be a gamble. I'd be very surprised if we could get him though.

On 09/03/2019 at 14:58, jambonian said:

Oh well, if his contract still has a way to go then that's that. As I say I didn't know what his contract length was as that's up to the manager to find out and also what deal could've been done for him or indeed any other players.  What could Hearts have done? I don't know, offer a few hundred grand with add-ons? A deal that when he moves on again from us in future they get a percentage of any future transfer fee? Cash plus player swaps? It would all depend on how much Killie would want but it won't matter now anyway, he has been very consistent for them so he'll likely go elsewhere.

Just admit your suggestion was (being kind here) ill-researched . Or , even better , keep us all informed about how we should sign players which are unavailable

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Pallardo

Pallardo?

I thought he had been mentioned, like a few others only good enough for the Championship.

On 09/03/2019 at 02:10, Pasquale for King said:

He’s no worse defensively than the other full backs we have at the club, are they not supposed to coach them to make them better or is up to Berra and Hughes to teach them? Is Levein incapable of picking a Left back, can you name one from either spell?

Our LB troubles have been weird but Mahe, McAllister, McCann and Maybury were all decent SPL LBs (even if Maybury was primarily a RB) brought in by Levein. He also gave Lee Wallace his first pro contract.

Finlay James

I can see Garrucio being punted back to Oz this summer and White & Hickey being our LB options.

Garrucio hasn't taken his opportunity and I think he's a level below what we require.

8 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Dom Thomas ? he is playing in league 1 for Dumbarton 

7 minutes ago, 19/05/2012 said:

I said LIKE these guys. You usually get lambasted for not giving some sort of example. It's not by job to scout his progress.

I just remember seeing him in a Motherwell v hearts youth match and he ripped us apart. He turned down a deal with Motherwell and signed for Killie and is now out in loan. I think he's only about 19? Could be wrong.

He could be utter guff of course but damned if you do, damned if you don't on jkb as usual ?

Edit I googled and see he is 23. Ship has well sailed on that one so I stand corrected.

Edited by Alan_R

jambos are go!
2 hours ago, 19/05/2012 said:

And playing very well according to a Dumbarton fan yesterday.

2 hours ago, Finlay James said:

I can see Garrucio being punted back to Oz this summer and White & Hickey being our LB options.

Garrucio hasn't taken his opportunity and I think he's a level below what we require.

He needs to discipline himself. 

I don't just mean the silly tackles etc but he looks like a good enough player who gets too caught up in the game to focus on what his main job in the team is. 

doctor jambo
10 hours ago, Hungry hippo said:

Hastie wouldn't be a gamble. I'd be very surprised if we could get him though.

rangers in for him as a free replacement when Ryan kent leaves

2 hours ago, Alan_R said:

I said LIKE these guys. You usually get lambasted for not giving some sort of example. It's not by job to scout his progress.

I just remember seeing him in a Motherwell v hearts youth match and he ripped us apart. He turned down a deal with Motherwell and signed for Killie and is now out in loan. I think he's only about 19? Could be wrong.

He could be utter guff of course but damned if you do, damned if you don't on jkb as usual ?

Edit I googled and see he is 23. Ship has well sailed on that one so I stand corrected.

Greg Kiltie , 22 , on loan to Morton ?

1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

Greg Kiltie , 22 , on loan to Morton ?

Been very unlucky with injuries. Would be a gamble of course. But decent player. Seems to be on the road to recovery, which I guess is what the loan is about. We were linked with him in the past.

The point I was replying to was there could be some players worth picking up from lower leagues. Something we've done well with in past.

1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Been very unlucky with injuries. Would be a gamble of course. But decent player. Seems to be on the road to recovery, which I guess is what the loan is about. We were linked with him in the past.

The point I was replying to was there could be some players worth picking up from lower leagues. Something we've done well with in past.

I agree on Kiltie , was surprised he went out on loan . Didn't realise it was due to injury 

The Apprentice
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

You've just described Craig Wighton.

On 08/03/2019 at 18:32, mitch41 said:

His history is one of continually having injuries. This is one hell of a gamble one that could cost the club a right few quid.

Do you know the commercial terms of his contract? 

On 08/03/2019 at 19:36, wavydavy said:

Utter nonsense, Levein knew all about Souttar mainly because he played in Scotland where he could be watched easily any time rather than signing players on a points scoring system or from abroad based on some video footage and a nod and a wink from an agent.

And Levein is such a dick and shite manager that Souttar couldn’t get here quick enough....

On 08/03/2019 at 19:41, Markymark said:

Oh goody,  more of our money spunked away on yet again another risky gamble.

let me rush down and get my new season ticket now ?

Do you also know the commercial terms of the deal we have with him?

On 08/03/2019 at 20:26, Pans Jambo said:

Never heard of the guy & I hope he becomes a complete legend of a Left back. 

But...

Just ONCE it would be good to sign someone who arrives & is fit, match fit & plays like a demon the first day he pulls on a Hearts jersey. 

I’m pist aff wi projects!

Like Sow? Or Uche? Or Souttar? Haring? Should? Lafferty? Naismith?

Or like Oshinwa who actually had a good debut?

Wittenvem? Who somehow managed to score against Rangers on his debut?

Youd have ditched Hartley I guess because he was pony for 3 months?

On 08/03/2019 at 21:46, Sir Gio said:

Sadly Aidy has never lived up to early promise and injury prone. 

Ridiculous waste of money in my mind 

Come on then, you tell me the money involved in this deal? There is some leak some where obviously....

On 09/03/2019 at 00:21, Pasquale for King said:

Club accounts, loook it up. Do you think they weren’t paying a Nigerian International footballer who they banged on about for months a pittance?

Talking of the club accounts - see all this money we’ve pished up against a wall? Can you remind me of our most recent accounts which include the costs of a £15m new stand? 

On 09/03/2019 at 01:24, siegementality said:

Can I just remind you that both Neilson and Cathro were Levein picks. If they failed, Levein - as DOF and mentor - failed. .

Neilson didn’t fail

Cathro did and was gone within 8 months

15 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Like Sow? Or Uche? Or Souttar? Haring? Should? Lafferty? Naismith?

Or like Oshinwa who actually had a good debut?

Wittenvem? Who somehow managed to score against Rangers on his debut?

Youd have ditched Hartley I guess because he was pony for 3 months?

Yesh youre bang on mate,  Whiteveen & Oshinawa were awesome!

Edited by Pans Jambo

10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Yesh youre bang on mate,  Whiteveen & Oshinawa were awesome!

Whoosh

you said you only want players that can come and make an impact straight away.

I mentioned a few that did and are now key to our team.

I mentioned two that had good debuts and turned out to be pish

I then mentioned somebody Levein signed who was shite for months and then became a complete legend.

The point?

Your post was honking and poorly thought out. Typical ‘straight from the terraces’ slavering.

Edited by Jammy T

Mr Elwood P
7 hours ago, Finlay James said:

Think Garrucio has a good chance over the last 10-12 games of the season to establish himself as our first choice left back. He’s only 23 so another 2-4 years away from being in his prime. He has show enough, from my perspective, to be retained and developed.

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Our LB troubles have been weird but Mahe, McAllister, McCann and Maybury were all decent SPL LBs (even if Maybury was primarily a RB) brought in by Levein. He also gave Lee Wallace his first pro contract.

Mahe is the only one I’m afraid. McCallister was awful, remember the semi final at ER against Motherwell. If McCann hadn’t scored that goal v Celtic nobody would remember him. Maybury was a RB made to play on the left so Leveins little project could learn his trade on the right. He didn’t sign Wallace.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

Talking of the club accounts - see all this money we’ve pished up against a wall? Can you remind me of our most recent accounts which include the costs of a £15m new stand? 

Not really sure what you mean? Are you saying the stand has been a waste of money?

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, doctor jambo said:

rangers in for him as a free replacement when Ryan kent leaves

He’s 19, out of contract in the summer but he wouldn’t be free as they would be due them a development fee.

doctor jambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s 19, out of contract in the summer but he wouldn’t be free as they would be due them a development fee.

Old firm compensation decided at tribunal= negligible

At least when compared to what the kid is worth

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

Old firm compensation decided at tribunal= negligible

At least when compared to what the kid is worth

Definitely, not free though.

Heartsofgold
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Which is based on a set formulas based on his current earnings so will be a pittance,

Pasquale for King
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

Which is based on a set formulas based on his current earnings so will be a pittance,

When Charlie Telfer signed for Dundee United from Rangers the tribunal actually awarded them £208k which was £2k less than they asked for, as much as they could award. He had played once for Rangers but it was based on future caps etc as well as wages, bet they don’t do that this time if it happens. We should be in for him, he won’t play at Ibrox as Murphy will be back next season.

Heartsofgold
31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

When Charlie Telfer signed for Dundee United from Rangers the tribunal actually awarded them £208k which was £2k less than they asked for, as much as they could award. He had played once for Rangers but it was based on future caps etc as well as wages, bet they don’t do that this time if it happens. We should be in for him, he won’t play at Ibrox as Murphy will be back next season.

And when has the fact that they will get little of even no playing time ever stopped a player signing for one of the arse cheeks??  It's all about the money and the sad truth is that they will always be able to pay more in wages for sideline players if for the only reason is that it keeps them out of the hands of other teams.

For the record, I agree with you that we should be trying to sign him but if we offer our maximum to him (and we won't) then they can still offer 2/3 times as much as this without breaking a sweat.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Heartsofgold said:

And when has the fact that they will get little of even no playing time ever stopped a player signing for one of the arse cheeks??  It's all about the money and the sad truth is that they will always be able to pay more in wages for sideline players if for the only reason is that it keeps them out of the hands of other teams.

For the record, I agree with you that we should be trying to sign him but if we offer our maximum to him (and we won't) then they can still offer 2/3 times as much as this without breaking a sweat.

Definitely.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Come on then, you tell me the money involved in this deal? There is some leak some where obviously....

Read the interview with Joe Urqhuart Yorkshire Evening Post. Sums up Aidy very well. 

This can only be described as speculative. A fiver would be too much for me

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Think Garrucio has a good chance over the last 10-12 games of the season to establish himself as our first choice left back. He’s only 23 so another 2-4 years away from being in his prime. He has show enough, from my perspective, to be retained and developed.

Don’t think he wants to stay though. 

2 hours ago, Jammy T said:

Whoosh

you said you only want players that can come and make an impact straight away.

I mentioned a few that did and are now key to our team.

I mentioned two that had good debuts and turned out to be pish

I then mentioned somebody Levein signed who was shite for months and then became a complete legend.

The point?

Your post was honking and poorly thought out. Typical ‘straight from the terraces’ slavering.

Watch the blood pressure mate. We have signed about 40plus players in 4 years & about a dozen are decent. 

If you like mediocrity maybe check out Easter Road. 

Mr Elwood P
45 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think he wants to stay though. 

What's the source? If he's not enjoyed his stay so far it isn't surprising given his limited game time. An extended run in the team and a trip to Hampden may change his mind.