U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Antifa: "Stop police killing people in the streets for nothing! Save our communities! Give us a chance to live!"

Fa: Insurrection and storming the US Capitol building, attempting to overthrow the US government and results of an election, while the police pose for selfies with them.

Aye, comfortably in the centre, you.

Spot on again ! I wondered about that too 

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Sooperstar said:

:berra:

Stir them up by reiterating the stolen election claim, but saying peace is needed and they should go home because it's over.

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I am an eighty five year old thirty year retired policeman, I seem to recall  about a week ago submitting a post here that Trumps plan to hold a rally on this day would be the start of demonstrations involving violence injury and death, the latter has not happened yet, but a woman critical and a policeman taken to hospital with apparently serious injuries. Us auld yins get razzed about our memory loss, and as I have stated I get criticised in my neighbourhood for yapping about my history, but I learned a few things in life, how the police or whomever was responsible for security were not prepared for this boggles my old mind. They had manpower, they had National Guard resources, they had all the electronic aids available but didn't foresee this, and plan accordingly is a crime. I would humbly suggest that action should have been taken to disrupt  seperate the groups and divert them in different directions, identify the potential leaders and isolate them, sure there would be complaints after the fact of denial of rights etc, in the famous words not used by Winston Churchill F... Em.

Respect to you 👍

Felix Lighter
1 minute ago, Justin Z said:

In my world, people protesting for basic human rights are not the same thing as insurrectionists storming a capitol because their cult leader lost an election and they have a case of the fee fees.

If that's pish, so be it. Maybe step outside your cosy little box for once in your life and walk in the shoes of other folk. Get some ****ing perspective in the middle of a god damn coup.

The cosy little box you've admitted to fleeing to because you saw this shit show coming? Tell me Justin, if civil war kicks off will you go back to your country and fight for what you believe in?  

SwindonJambo

Trump is currently the most dangerous man in the World. If ever there was a time to invoke the 25th amendment for the 1st time, this is it. He needs to be taken away in a straitjacket. No prison sentence would be too long for this utterly sick, delusional self serving narcissist.

1 minute ago, Felix Lighter said:

The cosy little box you've admitted to fleeing to because you saw this shit show coming? Tell me Justin, if civil war kicks off will you go back to your country and fight for what you believe in? 

You headed over there? I'll be right behind you.

John Gentleman
15 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Just out of curiosity Justin, would there be any secrets, state or country be on those computers in Pelosi's office or other offices?

No chance. Highly classified material would only be accessible inside a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility). Multiple layers of security (physical & electronic) are employed in SCIFs.

1 minute ago, Captain Slog said:

How come its dusk on NBC, yet Trumps clip was in bright daylight?

Maybe some of the ultraviolet light Trump thinks he got as a covid treatment shining out his sheriffs.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

In my world, people protesting for basic human rights are not the same thing as insurrectionists storming a capitol because their cult leader lost an election and they have a case of the fee fees.

If that's pish, so be it. Maybe step outside your cosy little box for once in your life and walk in the shoes of other folk. Get some ****ing perspective in the middle of a god damn coup.

Maybe he doesn't want to step out of his cosy little box and in to your world because he thinks it looks shite and he thinks you're a ****.

:interehjrling:

Felix Lighter

You headed over there? I'll be right behind you.

It's not my country. Now you? 

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Nice to see Abby Phillips again though.

:sadrobbo:

Oh, I suppose if forced I'd just have to let her have her way with me, purely in the interests of the special relationship of course.

3 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

No chance. Highly classified material would only be accessible inside a SCIF (Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility). Multiple layers of security (physical & electronic) are employed in SCIFs.

Well at least that's something.

1 minute ago, Felix Lighter said:

It's not my country. Now you? 

I made a conscious decision more than five years ago that it's no longer my country either. It's my accident of birth. Don't like it? Lump it.

Just now, Barack said:

Hands across the Ocean-type thing? Very noble & worthy cause, mate.

The things I do for Britain, but somebody has to do it, I suppose.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Maybe he doesn't want to step out of his cosy little box and in to your world because he thinks it looks shite and he thinks you're a ****.

This would of course come as a surprise to no one. Now, do one? Sound idea mate.

Note the Republican representatives are now beginning to tell us these are Trump followers clearly trying to break the link between the party and Trump

Those who pinned their support to Trump may well find they have backed the wrong horse

Oh and the idiot  Trump comes on to tell us once more it was an injustice and fraudulent election...but of course now wants them to go home 'in peace'.

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

🤣

12 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

🤣🤣🤣 FFS!!!! I'll not bother replying anymore tonight Justin, we seemed to have had break out of peace this last wee while and I was enjoying that to be fair, but your pretty historical just now so I don't want to upset you further by not instantly agreeing with you.

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Note the Republican representatives are now beginning to tell us these are Trump followers clearly trying to break the link between the party and Trump

Those who pinned their support to Trump may well find they have backed the wrong horse

Oh and the idiot  Trump comes on to tell us once more it was an injustice and fraudulent election...but of course now wants them to go home 'in peace'.

The final nail in Trump's coffin, there is no way any Republican can stand by him now, and if any do it's the end of their political career.

Governor Tarkin

This would of course come as a surprise to no one. Now, do one? Sound idea mate.

Sorry if I'm not taking this seriously enough for you, Justin. I'll away and tear gas myself if that'll help. 

Governor Tarkin
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣🤣🤣 FFS!!!! I'll not bother replying anymore tonight Justin, we seemed to have had break out of peace this last wee while and I was enjoying that to be fair, but your pretty historical just now so I don't want to upset you further by not instantly agreeing with you.

*hysterical.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Sorry if I'm not taking this seriously enough for you, Justin. I'll away and tear gas myself if that'll help. 

It's never serious until at least four exclamation marks come out, Gov.

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Reporting that they are going to verify the final votes tonight regardless of what is happening.

Definitely will now. Even senators raising concerns about the vote have condemned the protest.

This could and actually should be the end of the Republicans as a credible governing party. Putin must be laughing his socks off. The Republicans have made it clear they have no interest in democracy. They're a dangerous unstable element.

Trump must immediately be removed and held accountable. That's being widely said.

alwaysthereinspirit
7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m still trying to process that Trump statement. 
And now it looks like nobody is being arrested. 

No rush. The morons wore no masks so hopefully will be named and shamed and jailed for a very long time. 
Pretty sure breaking into any Federal building is bad enough.

Storming that particular site. Not their smartest life choice.

Hope the selfies were worth it.

The loonies are out tonight encouraged the their chief loony Donald Trump. 
Anarchy takes over in the worlds biggest democracy. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Definitely will now. Even senators raising concerns about the vote have condemned the protest.

They're not condemning the protests if they're 'raising concerns' about what everyone knows was a fair election. They're the cause of this.

They're instigating it. Condemning it would be saying Trump is crazy, the election was won fair and square by the Democrats.

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Reporting that they are going to verify the final votes tonight regardless of what is happening.

It will be interesting to see what happens if they resume.  Will those who were going to object to the vote on behalf of Georgia and Pennsylvania follow through with their intention? If they do object, then it will pour further fuel on the fire of division.  It will also add another 4 hours of debate.

Trump has achieved what he and his backers wanted, disruption and delay of the latest step in confirmation of Biden as president. I hope that Cruz and his mates do back down, but given how far they have shoved their heads up Trump's arse, I have my doubts.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)