U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

5 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Completely predictable from the loser.  If he lived in Scotland he'd be a Hibs supporter.

After he fails in the lower courts,he will take it to the SCOTUS.

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Wonder what Bidens ploy will be, A new war on terror? Another pandemic? WW3?

Bit Hibs, mate. 

9 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

"Biden not certified as winner of any states..."

I did predict Trump would try to claim a 92% victory!

WELL strictly speaking, Biden hasn't got any Electoral College votes yet.

All he has is the "indicative" and "advisory" popular votes in enough States that if they DID give him their Electoral College votes, he'd then become President.

13 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

🤪

****ing idiot.

Have to say though, I love that the social awkwardness is over and we can finally call his redneck hillbilly butt**** supporters thick twats.

"I will not rest until.."

He'll be on the golf course within days, the prick 

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, kila said:

"Biden not certified as winner of any states..."

I did predict Trump would try to claim a 92% victory!

That's how it works over there.

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

🤪

****ing idiot.

Have to say though, I love that the social awkwardness is over and we can finally call his redneck hillbilly butt**** supporters thick twats.

He's on the golf course right now! (Reported on BBC.)

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

🤪

****ing idiot.

He was playing golf when he heard it was called for Biden.

No shit.

Is it possible that Rudy is even more of a ***** than Donald?

He seems to have a smidgin more intelligence. Or should that be seemed...?

Just now, Smithee said:

:laugh2: beyond parody!

Yup!

JB
74,857,880 votes

DT
70,598,535 votes

That's still an awful lot of heidbangers with guns and a grievance.

They're not going away even if their white messiah is.

Just now, Cade said:

JB
74,857,880 votes

DT
70,598,535 votes

That's still an awful lot of heidbangers with guns and a grievance.

They're not going away even if their white messiah is.

Orange surely....

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

After all this time, I can't even gloat or celebrate.

It's just relief. Ridiculous, as it's not even my country. But relieved more for my relatives who do live there.

Feel a bit similar. 

To be honest I even felt quite nervous this week.

10 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

He'll be rushing back to the WH so that he can barricade himself in. :laugh:

I'm sure that a fleet of industrial paper shredded trucks will be on their way to the White house even as we speak.  

Trump has 70-ish days to hide or destroy evidence of misconduct, steal as much as he can and enact a scorched earth policy to cause as much damage as he can before being punted.

Just now, Cade said:

I'm sure that a fleet of industrial paper shredded trucks will be on their way to the White house even as we speak.  

Trump has 70-ish days to hide or destroy evidence of misconduct, steal as much as he can and enact a scorched earth policy to cause as much damage as he can before being punted.

Problem with that, is that implies Trump thinks he will be leaving at all.

All roads lead to Gorgie
17 minutes ago, Auld Reekin' said:

Bet the divots are a bit deeper than usual.

Just now, Cade said:

I agree that this is pretty-much what DT will be up to for the next couple of months if allowed to. I also very much hope that there are checks and balances and security-protocols in place to prevent this happening, but suspect that even if there are they won't be anywhere near sufficient. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Other trucks will be delivering tinned food, sandbags, land mines and tank traps

Don't forget a wall.

We are about to actually now see how completely bat shit mental he is.

He will deny this completely and will refuse to leave.

OR.... He will just run away and completely hide.

Hope Trump and all his family are pulled up in court.  Especially his rat son.

He really is a sore loser.  However not surprising at all. A man child, abrasive, stupid, ignorant, disrespectful of tradition and what the honour is was the be President.  He  targeted the vulnerable, the minorities , mocked disabled people and  rolled back LGBT rights.  His only friends were big business or the thick rednecks who supported him.  Surely he can at least attempt to go with some dignity by conceding?  He wont though.  His 4 years as President have divided America and may well still cause a civil war of disobedience.  I honestly think he will just carted out of the office very soon.

So happy. Not just for America, the world needed this.

Trump cannot handle defeat. It is enormously satisfying knowing how much this is hurting him. Absolute weapon.

Bear in mind that he can only be pardoned for Federal crimes.

Any State crimes will have to be answered for.

I'm fairly sure that NYC is ready to go with several cases against him on tax and insider trading and lots of other things.

3 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

He really is a sore loser.  However not surprising at all. A man child, abrasive, stupid, ignorant, disrespectful of tradition and what the honour is was the be President.  He  targeted the vulnerable, the minorities , mocked disabled people and  rolled back LGBT rights.  His only friends were big business or the thick rednecks who supported him.  Surely he can at least attempt to go with some dignity by conceding?  He wont though.  His 4 years as President have divided America and may well still cause a civil war of disobedience.  I honestly think he will just carted out of the office very soon.

He's acted like this his whole life. 

For those who have closely followed his life, accepting Biden's win would be the surprise. 

14 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Problem with that, is that implies Trump thinks he will be leaving at all.

"Build that wall.......... build that wall "

2017-01-70396-500-Images-populum_uploadnic_a2-jpg_70396_20170114-792.jpg

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

So happy. Not just for America, the world needed this.

Trump cannot handle defeat. It is enormously satisfying knowing how much this is hurting him. Absolute weapon.

His buddy Piers Morgan was interviewed on the Jeremy Vine program on R2 on Thursday - he reckons all the bluster about fraud and corruption and the "as far as I'm concerned, I won" nonsense is simply because he's got a pathological hatred & fear of being seen as a loser.   In his own brain, the concept of him losing  at anything just doesn't exist.      It would be great to have expert shrinks get to work on him, and reveal their findings !!

13 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Excellent summing up.

15 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Indeed. He'll probably do his best to cause as much civil unrest as possible in his remaining time, stirring up hatred and divide. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)