U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

8 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

The ONLY uncertainty about Pennsylvania is what will happen with the large number of provisional ballots. Because of the unusual nature of this year’s voting patterns (mail-in / early / on the day voting mix), there’s just not a lot of certainty about how they will break. However, there is also no evidence to suggest these will break for Trump in any significant way. Decision desks are just being massively cautious about making the call.

Biden will win Pennsylvania, and the Presidency, it’s just a matter of time.

While nothing is certain , I thought (given it's Dem voters who are largely using mail-in ballots) that these votes are expected to be very substantially in favour of Biden ? 

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Kalamazoo Jambo
Just now, RobboM said:

Got to think it's because they have concerns the call will trigger Trump and who knows his reaction .... maybe just leave the call till early January 😉

Decision desks have made bad calls before (e.g. Florida 2000). They’re just being wary but I think we’ll get probably a call later today. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

While nothing is certain , I thought (given it's Dem voters who are largely using mail-in ballots) that these votes are expected to be very substantially in favour of Biden ? 

Most likely they are, again, they’re just being super cautious.

4 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Listening to someone on the radio right now saying Trump will probably set up his own news network once he is out of office. Thoughts of America coming back together whilst Trump is still putting out his propaganda either to get back himself or push his son forward in four years doesn't look good on than part.

I've read that too.

I've also read that he might start his own political party.  It's just the sort of thing that an egoist would do, and he got 70 million votes in the election, so his party would get a huge initial following.  It would be a disaster for the Republican Party.

One thing is certain ... he won't slip quietly into the background like most previous ex-presidents.

3 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've read that too.

I've also read that he might start his own political party.  It's just the sort of thing that an egoist would do, and he got 70 million votes in the election, so his party would get a huge initial following.  It would be a disaster for the Republican Party.

One thing is certain ... he won't slip quietly into the background like most previous ex-presidents.

Hard to believe there is much more to Trumpism and a trump Party beyond Donald. Similar to UKIP and Farage, there is something about right wing populist demagogues and a cult of personality that leaves most of us outsiders absolutley stone cold. After Donald you'd expect the machinery of the Republican Party to sweep up as much of the Trump electorate in the same way Johnson and teh Tories did with UKIP voters after Farage

8 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

I've read that too.

Thats certainly true, but it will be because he will be called on his massive debts, his income tax problems will be identified, and New York State Attorneys will be looking at Criminal  charges, and his erstwhile friends will turn on him because he is no longer any use to them. The books written by people he has removed from their government offices will destroy any  credibility he has retained, and his fancy lawyers he has also used will refrain from doing so because he will have no money.  His wife will dump him and write an expose of how he with no money has left her bankrupt.

The old expression as you sow so shall you reap is  appropriate, and you'll find who your real friends are is also fitting. My only request is that the Good Lord gives me enough time to enjoy it, which also just reminds me about his taking the Lords name in vain. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Any sensible country would look at the past few days and say right, this can’t happen again. Recounts, fair enough, they’re part and parcel of elections but PA saying it might wind up the count for that state next week? There’s no excuse for that and it just fuels the conspiracy bollocks that the republicans are coming out with. 

On CNN now, counting has restarted in PA & GA and there's likely going to be more results announced from PA very soon today (they actually said "this morning" but I can't figure out the time difference) . 

Kalamazoo Jambo
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

On CNN now, counting has restarted in PA & GA and there's likely going to be more results announced from PA very soon today (they actually said "this morning" but I can't figure out the time difference) . 

PA and GA are on Eastern Standard Time (5 hours behind UK). So 9.53am right now.

Also, c’mon the Hearts! (Sorry to go off topic.)

1 hour ago, kila said:

How soon could Biden actually take power if Trump is throwing the toys out the pram? He's already been impeached ffs!

Makes no difference.

All roads lead to Gorgie

If the Trumpet gets back in by some crazy court ruling by his cronie judges making legitimate postal votes invalid then true democratic countries around the world should not recognise him as The President of The USA. 

They would be right to do so but unlikely that would happen but it is a dangerous time for democracy and all countries should be concerned.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Biden - his time
Kalamazoo Jambo
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Is Trump still doing his press conference? Was due to start 5 mins ago 🤣

Dunno. The landscape has changed.

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, kila said:

I hope sky or CNN cover it. It will be a great watch

All roads lead to Gorgie
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

My neighbour went there. 

Good Uni. Not many Trump followers were graduates there obviously 😉

14 minutes ago, kila said:

HE never was.

He's at one of his resorts in Virginia, golfing.

It was a presser featuring his legal team.

The Mighty Thor

Here's Ruuuudddiii banging on about mail in ballot fraud. 

Law suits to be filed on Monday. 

50-60 witnesses all ballot inspectors who will testify to voter fraud. 

And so it begins. 

Edit:

This is tin foil hattery of the finest order.  

Edited by The Mighty Thor

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Here's Ruuuudddiii banging on about mail in ballot fraud. 

Law suits to be filed on Monday. 

50-60 witnesses all ballot inspectors who will testify to voter fraud. 

And so it begins. 

:rofl:

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)