U.S. Politics megathread (merged)

trex

1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Both, probably 

There's a documentary which was first aired in September this year I would advise everyone to watch. It goes a long way to explaining how many, probably most of these people who have become detached from reality ended up on that path.

It's called 'The Social Dilemma'

• Replies 32.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

There's a documentary which was first aired in September this year I would advise everyone to watch. It goes a long way to explaining how many, probably most of these people who have become detached from reality ended up on that path.

I'll give it a look if I can find the strength

A Boy Named Crow
2 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Incidentally it's also beginning to look as if the Dems can win the Senate runoffs in January to capture the Senate too.

Och, you went and got my hopes up,  didn't you...

Bazzas right boot

Kanye West got 60,000 votes 👀🤣🤣🤣

American politics is ****ed forever. 

I never knew the Republican side was full of so many zealots either. 

A real eye opener. 

The Democrats used to be big in the Southern states and the Republicans in the North / North East - a hangover from the “States‘ Rights” v strong federal government days I assume?

When did this flip?  It seems the complete opposite now.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, steve123 said:

Biden increased lead in Georgia by 3,000 odd votes 

His lead in Arizona is about 30k now tho. 

If pheonix has a lege dump to go he will Likley be safe but with 10% still to go it's not guaranteed. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, FWJ said:

The Democrats used to be big in the Southern states and the Republicans in the North / North East - a hangover from the “States‘ Rights” v strong federal government days I assume?

When did this flip?  It seems the complete opposite now.

Big cities are more democrat in general, "normal", more educated folk. 

The red is far more rural, make of that what you will. 

It's pretty much every city area democrate ( not every) and almost every rural area Republican. 

The florida vote illustrates that very well, but it's a national trend. 

It's a city folk v hill billy thing now.... 😂

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

I've watched a few lou therouix documentaries, some of the groups and their beliefs are just ****ing bat shit crazy. 

I'm beginning to think America is more religious and fanatical than the Middle East in lots of areas.

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Big cities are more democrat in general, "normal", more educated folk. 

The red is far more rural, make of that what you will. 

It's pretty much every city area democrate ( not every) and almost every rural area Republican. 

The florida vote illustrates that very well, but it's a national trend. 

It's a city folk v hill billy thing now.... 😂

Yes, the “coasts v square states” thing - but the impression I have is that now the Democrats are in favour of stronger, more interventionist, federal government and it’s the Republicans who oppose this.

Might be wrong of course, but that’s how it seems to me.

2 minutes ago, gjcc said:

that’s aged well Donald. A definite for the highlight reel. 

I’m starting to think he lost the homophobic vote when he mentioned jumping into the crowd to kiss them all.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, FWJ said:

Yes, the “coasts v square states” thing - but the impression I have is that now the Democrats are in favour of stronger, more interventionist, federal government and it’s the Republicans who oppose this.

Might be wrong of course, but that’s how it seems to me.

Yip one way to look at it.

Another is the Republicans have a large section that  seem heavy on religion, guns, hate science and foreigners. 

Good stable mix for any country. 

31 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

His lead in Arizona is about 30k now tho. 

If pheonix has a lege dump to go he will Likley be safe but with 10% still to go it's not guaranteed. 

Yea certainly small margins

The prospect of a Democratic US President repairing the vandalism perpetrated b by Attila the Trump has given me a small spark of hope in a world of hate, racism and xenophobia. As a committed existentialist I'm finding this development quite disturbing.

3 hours ago, steve123 said:

I heard this on CNN yesterday, a bit confused by it (not hard) surely the person with the higher votes out if the 2 will just win the run off

Depends on how many votes the third/fourth/etc. candidates got, and there will be more campaigning before the runoff election.

Some people who didn't vote on Tuesday will vote in the runoff and some who did vote on Tuesday will not. And so forth.

It's unlikely but possible for the second-placed candidate in the first election to win the runoff.

2 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Depends on how many votes the third/fourth/etc. candidates got, and there will be more campaigning before the runoff election.

Some people who didn't vote on Tuesday will vote in the runoff and some who did vote on Tuesday will not. And so forth.

It's unlikely but possible for the second-placed candidate in the first election to win the runoff.

Cheers for explaining

3 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

124102561_10158030905745863_1978647836340694366_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=LTURWLF3plEAX8JyePt&_nc_ht=scontent.fedi1-1.fna&oh=2e4abc50d663ae839d2031e320c46117&oe=5FCA13AD

Talented people on social media who should be getting paid more than comedians at this time 👏👏👏

All roads lead to Gorgie

Listening to someone on the radio right now saying Trump will probably set up his own news network once he is out of office. Thoughts of America coming back together whilst Trump is still putting out his propaganda either to get back himself or push his son forward in four years doesn't look good on than part.

16 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Listening to someone on the radio right now saying Trump will probably set up his own news network once he is out of office. Thoughts of America coming back together whilst Trump is still putting out his propaganda either to get back himself or push his son forward in four years doesn't look good on than part.

Has a UKIP/Brexit Party feel to it.  I think the minority parties hold the key to 2024.  Biden needs to hit the ground running quickly and effectively, because you’re going to see a more centrist approach from the Republicans after Trump walks.  

All roads lead to Gorgie
4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Has a UKIP/Brexit Party feel to it.  I think the minority parties hold the key to 2024.  Biden needs to hit the ground running quickly and effectively, because you’re going to see a more centrist approach from the Republicans after Trump walks.  

If the Republican party switches back towards its normal position could a Trump party itself emerge. That would split the vote and allow the Dems an easy ride the next time around. A large section of Trumps support look like an uneducated bunch who once he goes will probably not even bother to vote if their chief spokesman ( Trump ) is not speaking their language. 

The Republicans might have to keep right of their normal position next time around too to hold onto their new fan base.

13 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

If the Republican party switches back towards its normal position could a Trump party itself emerge. That would split the vote and allow the Dems an easy ride the next time around. A large section of Trumps support look like an uneducated bunch who once he goes will probably not even bother to vote if their chief spokesman ( Trump ) is not speaking their language. 

The Republicans might have to keep right of their normal position next time around too to hold onto their new fan base.

Nailed it.

1308669481_lesserevillongtermvoting.thumb.jpg.5f1112008f40616f767718f812826828.jpg

While neolib Democrats claim progressivism is causing them to lose races and they too have to stay farther right.

30 years of pandering to this bullshit idea and you've just predicted a very likely outcome. Either way I'm going on record now based on what I've already seen that Dems will lose the House back to Republicans in 2022.

2 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

🙂

:notworthy:

Tom

If my love for the man wasn’t already off the chart it is now 👏👏👏

11 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Out of curiosity, Why do you detest about the Democrats? 

What policy or law made you detest them? 

Incredibly high amounts of regulation - we should not need government's permission to trade with one another. 

Incredibly high taxes

Educational policy that seeks to divide people rather than bring them together

A desire to give millions of people who broke the law to enter the US the right to vote - knowing that it will result in more Democrat votes than Republican votes.

Many Democrats (as individuals) hate what America is based on (individualism). The party is infected with them which is why many older Democrats moved to Republicans in last 4-5 years. These older people know what it is to work for a living. 

5 hours ago, XB52 said:

Finally a post of yours I can agree with, you are a total waste of space. Please troll somewhere else

You must be a low class pleb.

58 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Saw this and is an extension of what you’ve said above - long thread to follow 

5 minutes ago, weehammy said:

Thought you were going off in the huff. So why are you still here?

Who said I was off in a huff?

Why am I still here? Careful now - you don't want me to call you a racist. 😉

John Gentleman
8 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

Who said I was off in a huff?

Why am I still here? Careful now - you don't want me to call you a racist. 😉

This is what you said....

Snip.JPG

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I'm really glad I dont live in the USA.

We're going through a heap of shite too. Hopefully this is the first positive change of many

Who picks up the lawyers bill for these lagal challenges that Trump is making?

The Republican Party?Trump? Party Backers?

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Who picks up the lawyers bill for these lagal challenges that Trump is making?

The Republican Party?Trump? Party Backers?

NOT Trump 😂

52 minutes ago, JJ93 said:

I just watched a video on Facebook about how the Republicans can "steal" the election through the courts. Interesting video.

https://www.facebook.com/GregPalastInvestigates/posts/10158726188207128?comment_id=10158735922077128

Definitely worth a watch.

Watched it. Wasn't worth a watch. 

Joe Biden will be the President. Anyone who genuinely thinks otherwise is delusional. I'll eat my own cock if I'm wrong.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Biden’s lead in Georgia increases to 7,248. Feeling pretty confident there now (a recount wouldn’t typically change numbers anything like this big).

According to CNN, vote count drop in PA coming that could tip the balance to Biden- I'm assuming mathematically per their modelling. 

54 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Watched it. Wasn't worth a watch. 

Joe Biden will be the President. Anyone who genuinely thinks otherwise is delusional. I'll eat my own cock if I'm wrong.

Ha Ha, hopefully your not wrong.

3 hours ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Well, now that he's fallen out with Fox he may well consider something like that.   He's chummy with Farage, who can demonstrate the model of how your can strongly influence (& win) the outcome of  a binary vote despite holding no official elected position.   Scary stuff.    The  "sham democracy" tactics of Russia & China are now a reality for us too. 

A Boy Named Crow

I suppose all the chat above about the impact of the Trump party,  Trump tv etc on 2024 would be moot, if he and his chums end up in Sing Sing, aye?

Kalamazoo Jambo
34 minutes ago, Pagey said:

According to CNN, vote count drop in PA coming that could tip the balance to Biden- I'm assuming mathematically per their modelling. 

The ONLY uncertainty about Pennsylvania is what will happen with the large number of provisional ballots. Because of the unusual nature of this year’s voting patterns (mail-in / early / on the day voting mix), there’s just not a lot of certainty about how they will break. However, there is also no evidence to suggest these will break for Trump in any significant way. Decision desks are just being massively cautious about making the call.

Biden will win Pennsylvania, and the Presidency, it’s just a matter of time.

8 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

The ONLY uncertainty about Pennsylvania is what will happen with the large number of provisional ballots. Because of the unusual nature of this year’s voting patterns (mail-in / early / on the day voting mix), there’s just not a lot of certainty about how they will break. However, there is also no evidence to suggest these will break for Trump in any significant way. Decision desks are just being massively cautious about making the call.

Biden will win Pennsylvania, and the Presidency, it’s just a matter of time.

Got to think it's because they have concerns the call will trigger Trump and who knows his reaction .... maybe just leave the call till early January 😉

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)