• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I hate trump as much as the next person however Biden is hardly the second coming of Christ. The guy is a dinosaur and unless he does something extraordinary he will set the democrats back by years. Trump legacy will live on for years and unless they completely implode he or a version of trump will manifest in four years. 

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

I hate trump as much as the next person however Biden is hardly the second coming of Christ. The guy is a dinosaur and unless he does something extraordinary he will set the democrats back by years. Trump legacy will live on for years and unless they completely implode he or a version of trump will manifest in four years. 

Ok Nostradamus.

The guy isn't even in power yet :rofl:

I am very happy that Trump has been defeated, he is an obnoxious character with severe mental challenges, a coward in many ways, but particularly ghat he i afraid of and cannot deal a a normal person could with what have been justified criticisms. The only thing and I never understood it is how he got people from whom we expected more sanity to become enablers. 

I am less than ecstatic about Biden winning, I have never felt he was the best candidate, and have a feeling the Democrats viewed him as a man of integrity with experience and saw him as an excellent teacher and mentor for Harris to take a run for President based on the success if there is some as VP. They do now have time and ability to access the possible candidate for 2024. I congratulate Biden he seems likeable enough, and I think and hope he will do more good than harm, he has a big job, save America and the World without help from Russia, China or N Korea. Good luck and good health to him. 

I will miss Trump, he was the ideal recipient for any vitriol  I amassed in my being and now he is gone like a fart in the wind.

5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Ok Nostradamus.

The guy isn't even in power yet :rofl:

I know. Why do we just fling older people on the scrap heap. Give the man a chance. 

Edited by ri Alban

Downside of US election...having to wait until January for the new guy to take over

Giving the current incumbent under 24 hours to pack up and go has its advantages as in the UK

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

I know. Why do just fling older people on the scrap heap. Give the man a chance. 

Agreed again.

Thought I would give Fox News a shot for once. They're being surprisingly very balanced from what I've seen so far...

5 minutes ago, SE16 3LN said:

Nope, I campaigned to remain but accept the democratic decision unlike Trump today.

Glad to hear it. 👍

Kalamazoo Jambo

May have already been mentioned, but effective January 20, Twitter will hold Trump to the same rules as everyone else. Interesting to see how that will go :laugh:

What we are currently seeing is a man that nobody has said no to since his father died. An entire lifetime where he got what he wanted surrounded by yes men. Now he’s got the humiliating experience of millions of people saying not at the same time. 
It must sting. 

CavySlaveJambo
1 minute ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

May have already been mentioned, but effective January 20, Twitter will hold Trump to the same rules as everyone else. Interesting to see how that will go :laugh:

More like how long it takes for that to happen. It’s inevitable what will happen 

Also talk of an unexplained wealth order being sought against him in regards to Menie and Turnberry

1 minute ago, Hagar the Horrible said:

The secret service have the code name CELTIC for biden. Trump was Mogul. 

I bet the Green Brigade are already working up a banner for him.

I know we're all happy that the Donald's tea's oot but just to bring the party back down to a bump, you have half a nation delighted because they've just got a president who makes Boris Johnson look like card carrying member of the Labour party. While the other half are raging that their new guy isn't right wing enough. Long term, that country is ****ed. 

44 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Indeed. He'll probably do his best to cause as much civil unrest as possible in his remaining time, stirring up hatred and divide. 

Oh yes he will

definitely stir his support up in a call to arms and this may create chaos . Or alternatively he may hide away and meekly accept the vote , it’s hard to tell as he’s just so unpredictable 

Kalamazoo Jambo
16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

What we are currently seeing is a man that nobody has said no to since his father died.

Some women said no, but...

33 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

One of my Republican friends - who was ecstatic at Trump winning in 2016 - wanted Biden to win because Trump lost his way a bit and him winning this time would guarantee, in his eyes, the Republicans the Presidency and more for a long time to come. And keep out the crazies like AOC.

It looks like Biden will win the Presidency (despite legal challenge) but he won't have the Senate so, from my friend's perspective, all has played out well.

22 minutes ago, Tazio said:

What we are currently seeing is a man that nobody has said no to since his father died. An entire lifetime where he got what he wanted surrounded by yes men. Now he’s got the humiliating experience of millions of people saying not at the same time. 
It must sting. 

And even his father said: "OK son, here's $1m to start your first business with".

So, he can of course really identify with the average, American, working-joe.

17 minutes ago, Cade said:

Where's this press conference at yon garden centre?

Been & done, it was the usual tears & snotters from Giuliani.

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Justin what was the outcome in Arizona?

It appears as yet it'll still go to Biden.

Was saying the other day I was feeling a lot of pride for my avatar which, there's not been much to celebrate as regards Arizona the past several years.

Trump's statement isn't clear, at least to me.

Is he contesting all 51 elections (50 states plus DC) or just Pennsylvania? Does he want the entire process to be thrown out and redone? 

Maybe he just going to contest those elections that he lost, but it would an interesting conversation when you tell a judge that the states you won are fine, it's only in the states that you lost that you are suing over.

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Euronews has Biden at 290.

Arizona and Nevada called?

BBC projecting Biden victory in Nevada.

The Real Maroonblood
6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

It appears as yet it'll still go to Biden.

Was saying the other day I was feeling a lot of pride for my avatar which, there's not been much to celebrate as regards Arizona the past several years.

👍

1 minute ago, gjcc said:

Another candidate for winning today’s twitter. 

Still find it weird that Doctor Who married a woman who played his own cloned daughter in the show (which was where they met, just to bump the weird factor up) and is also the real life daughter of a previous Doctor Who actor.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Still find it weird that Doctor Who married a woman who played his own cloned daughter in the show (which was where they met, just to bump the weird factor up) and is also the real life daughter of a previous Doctor Who actor.

It'd be worse if his own daughter played his wife or something in the show.

1 hour ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Mark it in your calendar folks. Meltdown will ensue.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)