• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JFK-1

• Maple Leaf

• Justin Z

• Watt-Zeefuik

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He acted irresponsibly and the inevitable happened.  But he will get the absolute best  health care that America can provide, unlike the millions of other Americans who can't afford any health care, thanks, in part, to his policies, so I don't feel sorry for him.

And we cannot ignore the fact that this is a national crisis for America.  A country is considered its weakest when their leader is ill.  By recklessly exposing himself to this virus, despite the warnings that his own medical people were issuing, he has just given another example of why he is unsuitable for the job. 

1 minute ago, westbow said:

Still 10% or so of Americans are undecided voters. Scary that these people decide who is to be the most powerful person on Earth.

That's democracy for you.

John Gentleman
4 minutes ago, westbow said:

Still 10% or so of Americans are undecided voters. Scary that these people decide who is to be the most powerful person on Earth.

They're probably part of the 45% or so that cannae be bothered to vote at all. Now that's a scary number.

3 hours ago, JackLadd said:

So they wanted to cover up the Hope Hicks positive on Thursday and Trump went on campaign events unmasked.  The lack or responsibility is staggering. Hope the arsehole gets a full Boris.

Steady on, she's got the virus but that's a bit much ;)

On a related note, I still can't decide if I would or not. Her old bikini pictures are well worth a fap, and I'm a sucker for the sexy office girl look she goes for, but i'm not sure I could deal with thr personality for long...decisions, decisions.

4 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

EjTSpkvU8AAvCKB?format=jpg&name=large

:interehjrling:

As soon as there's a sign that health wise he's not going to be in trouble it'll disapate from the news cycle and the focus will come onto other CV19 issues and highlighting his failures to combat it. 

If Democrats aren't coming out hard highlighting how Trump downplayed it, called it a hoax etc then they are missing an opportunity.

28 minutes ago, trotter said:

Steady on, she's got the virus but that's a bit much ;)

On a related note, I still can't decide if I would or not. Her old bikini pictures are well worth a fap, and I'm a sucker for the sexy office girl look she goes for, but i'm not sure I could deal with thr personality for long...decisions, decisions.

I am sure I heard on the News a short time ago, [was busy making my porridge] that her positive test was a few days ago, she just started showing symptoms on the plane last night It was also said that it was known that she had tested positive for the virus, but still no spaces, no masks.

Semi-surreal news to wake up to. Some great posts so far.

Had to share this meme for the sake of levity

4 hours ago, fancy a brew said:

EjTSpkvU8AAvCKB?format=jpg&name=large

But in seriousness I absolutely see something like this happening. Rather than Trump cultists finally taking it seriously, because we're in the absolute worst timeline, he and everyone around him are going to recover with no complications and the refrain will be "see! It's no big deal!"

Nothing for political gain is beneath him, no matter how many people it kills.

J.T.F.Robertson
5 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Semi-surreal news to wake up to. Some great posts so far.

Had to share this meme for the sake of levity

But in seriousness I absolutely see something like this happening. Rather than Trump cultists finally taking it seriously, because we're in the absolute worst timeline, he and everyone around him are going to recover with no complications and the refrain will be "see! It's no big deal!"

Nothing for political gain is beneath him , no matter how many people it kills.

Clarification.

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Presuming it's real, what a loser. I like people who don't get caught by an avoidable virus.

pinpng.com-troll-face-png-596217.png.d16232aa7f2f2a04e73418d1f1b06cba.png

Another thing is it's a perfect example of how totally untrustworthy Trump is seen to be. King of liars. Would it even have crossed your mind to wonder is this true if it were anyone else? I would guess no.

What did you think when Boris Johnson was reported as testing positive? I would be willing to bet it didn't even enter your mind that there was a chance it was a scam. If Putin were reported as testing positive I would instantly believe it.

Anybody but Trump it wouldn't be questioned. And this is what some people would elect? A man whom you can never take a single thing he says at face value? It's insane.

Big rally of support in 10-14 days when he's beaten the China virus and that makes him indestructible and the only person to take America forward blah blah. And he will have had the worst possible dose of it but Clorex was the answer!! 

Biden and wife testing negative.

Just now, Justin Z said:

Unfortunately, the more I think about it the more I think this is the correct take.

image.png.18d1a74b4aa05100a6e229c17d64619d.png

Am I just being Eeyore again @I P Knightley?

That crossed my mind too. If he doesn't at least end up on a ventilator like Boris there are massive downsides that would have knock on effects in the effort to contain this virus.

I P Knightley
7 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Unfortunately, the more I think about it the more I think this is the correct take.

image.png.18d1a74b4aa05100a6e229c17d64619d.png

Am I just being Eeyore again @I P Knightley?

We are all Eeyore in these times, Justin.

I look at it that Trump being well and not having contracted the virus is destabilising and dangerous for the US and the west. So by the reckoning of that tweet, getting seriously ill is status quo.

It will be worse if he comes out largely unscathed for the reasons quoted.

Best outcome (or one of them) is that he gets it really bad; bringing up his ring for 3 or 4 weeks and comes out about 5 stone lighter and a shadow of himself; weak and feeble and taking about 6 months to recover his strength. The R-Soles who worship him will see that he's fallible and that the virus is a real threat.

5 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

The R-Soles who worship him will see that he's fallible and that the virus is a real threat.

First man in history to contract a fake virus.

Is he too sick to tweet?

Part of me does wonder if it is just a ploy after his white supremacy call to arms. He knows he's trailing Biden so this is his unleash the hounds while he 'blamelessly' steps out of the limelight.

An interesting 5 weeks ahead of us one way of another...

Trump is very lucky. I assume that they test him daily, which means that they will have caught the virus as early as possible and it gives him the best chance of beating it. Almost everyone else doesn't share the opportunity to be tested that frequently - the later you catch the disease, the more damage it will do, as we found to our cost earlier this year. Nor will most others have recourse to the personal medical attention that Trump is able to receive. So, if he recovers well from this with minimum symptoms, it should in no way be used as an example of how the virus is not a threat. He's living in an abnormal situation. The lesson we *should* be learning from this, given the lax approach amply evidenced by he and his team, is that we have to take mask wearing and social distancing more seriously.

6 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Trump is very lucky. I assume that they test him daily, which means that they will have caught the virus as early as possible and it gives him the best chance of beating it. Almost everyone else doesn't share the opportunity to be tested that frequently - the later you catch the disease, the more damage it will do, as we found to our cost earlier this year. Nor will most others have recourse to the personal medical attention that Trump is able to receive. So, if he recovers well from this with minimum symptoms, it should in no way be used as an example of how the virus is not a threat. He's living in an abnormal situation. The lesson we *should* be learning from this, given the lax approach amply evidenced by he and his team, is that we have to take mask wearing and social distancing more seriously.

It will

The way I see it is if this man who has played down the virus since the outset has an easy ride of it, then it does a disservice to the rest of the population including the 200,000 plus who have been lost.

He will play it down even more, paint it as not a big deal. The Trump cult would become even more reckless regarding virus precautions.

Apparently feverish Trump hasn't been so hot under the collar since he attended his last Epstein ranch show.

Edited by JackLadd

I P Knightley
1 minute ago, Barack said:

Being moved to Walter Reed now. "Precautionary."

Right...after giving him a non-trialled heavy dosage of cocktail drugs. "Mild symptoms"...yeah.

He's getting the Boris treatment.

Gabba gabba, hey!!

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Right...after giving him a non-trialled heavy dosage of cocktail drugs. "Mild symptoms"...yeah.

the thing is boris was il for around 9 days before being admitted to hospital

What Did You Expect?

Trump should never have been allowed anywhere near any public office.

There is a great deal you have every right to expect at this moment of crisis, and no reason at all to believe that Donald Trump or his White House will provide it.

You cannot expect this White House to tell the truth about Trump’s health. His doctors have lied about the president’s weight and height. They have never offered an adequate explanation of his sudden, unscheduled visit to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center a year ago.

Even the fact that a close aide to the president had tested positive for the coronavirus was kept from the public until Bloomberg broke the news.

You cannot expect the White House to produce any orderly plan for the execution of Trump’s public duties, even to the very limited extent that Trump executed public duties in the first place.

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was diagnosed with COVID-19 on April 6 of this year. Johnson formally deputed Foreign Minister Dominic Raab to preside over the government during his own incapacity.

But the pattern in the Trump administration has been that the president will not and cannot do the job himself, and that he vengefully strikes down anyone who tries to do the job for him.

Trump fired his most successful chief of staff, John Kelly, for trying to force him to work. Kelly’s successor, Mick Mulvaney, survived by enabling Trump “to act as he chooses—a recognition that trying to control Trump is a futile approach,” as Politico’s Nancy Cook put it.

Likewise, Vice President Mike Pence had better be awfully circumspect about filling the role that the Constitution and its Twenty-Fifth Amendment assign him. Trump will be watching. So long as Trump is conscious, he will not allow it; should he lose consciousness, he will retaliate when and if he recovers.

You cannot expect the White House to exhibit any regard for the health of others. The president knowingly exposed his wife, his adult children, his staff, his donors, and his supporters in the Cleveland debate hall.

He refused and forbade the most basic safety precautions in the close quarters of the West Wing and on Air Force One, except for testing, which was intended to protect him personally. On Tuesday, Trump was on the debate stage mocking former Vice President Joe Biden for wearing face masks; as the positive tests came in, he did not bother to inform Biden or his team that Trump had exposed him to the coronavirus.

Until we know the date of Trump’s last negative COVID-19 test, we can only guess at the number of people he exposed. By sticking to an aggressive travel schedule with in-person gatherings while eschewing even minimal safeguards, Trump has carried the risk of disease across the country.

You cannot expect Trump to gain any wisdom, empathy, or compassion for others. Throughout the pandemic, Trump has disdained the hardships suffered by sick and dying Americans, by their families and neighbors, by those who have lost jobs and homes.

When NBC’s Peter Alexander asked Trump on March 20 what the president would say to Americans feeling fear because of the disease, he upbraided Alexander: “I’d say you are a terrible reporter.”

When Republican Senator Mitt Romney self-isolated because he had been exposed to COVID-19 by the negligent selfishness of Senator Rand Paul, Trump sarcastically said to reporters, “Oh, that’s too bad.”

It’s a consistent pattern for Trump; on October 2, 2016, four years ago to the day of Trump’s COVID-positive acknowledgment, Trump cruelly pantomimed onstage Hillary Clinton’s campaign-season bout of pneumonia.

What you can expect is a lot of victimhood and self-pity. Trump and those around him have always demanded for themselves the decencies that they refuse others. They will get them, too.

Trump’s opponents will express concern and good wishes—and if they do not, Trump’s allies will complain that those opponents are allowing politics to overwhelm human feeling.

It was only three days ago that Trump on a debate stage dismissed Biden’s dead son, Beau, and falsely claimed that Biden’s surviving son, Hunter, had been dishonorably discharged from the Army.

he next day, Trump’s eldest son, Donald Jr., appeared on Glenn Beck’s show to describe Hunter as a “crackhead.” Now, though, we will hear a lot about how people are not being respectful enough to a president in his time of illness.

Trump has all his life posed a moral puzzle: What is due in the way of kindness and sympathy to people who have no kindness and sympathy for anyone else? Should we repay horrifying cruelty in equal measure? Then we reduce ourselves to their level.

But if we return indecency with the decency due any other person in need, don’t we encourage appalling behavior? Don’t we prove to them that they belong to some unique bracket of humanity, entitled to kick others when they are writhing on the floor, and then to claim mercy when their own crimes and cruelties cast them upon the floor themselves?

Americans are dead who might have been alive if Trump had met the challenge of COVID-19 with care and responsibility—or if somebody else, literally almost anybody else, had been president instead.

Millions are out of work, in danger of losing their homes, living in fear. Tens of millions of young people have suffered disruption to their education, which will follow them through life.

The pandemic was not Trump’s fault, but at every turn, he made things worse than they had to be—because at every turn, he cared only for himself, never for the country. And now he will care only for himself again.

Trump should never have been allowed anywhere near any public office. Wish him well, but recognize that his deformed spirit will never be well—and that nothing can be well for the country under his leadership.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/10/what-did-you-expect-donald-trump/616583/

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

the thing is boris was il for around 9 days before being admitted to hospital

Boris is probably a great deal healthier

6 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

The old *******’s overdosed on Domestos. 

Or maybe even mixed it with dettol, risky combination. The speedball of injectable disinfecting products.

The president will visit the hospital as a “precautionary measure” for the next few days, according to the White House.

His physician reported that the president has been administered a dose of experimental Regeneron treatment, a polyclonal antibody cocktail, and is “fatigued but in good spirits” with a slight fever, congestion and a cough, according to reports.

The Real Maroonblood
22 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nothing trivial I hope.

4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Nothing trivial I hope.

I doubt it means everything is going swimmingly when they start hitting you with a "cocktail of experimental drugs"

6 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I doubt it means everything is going swimmingly when they start hitting you with a "cocktail of experimental drugs"

Just ask Putin

1 minute ago, JFK-1 said:

If I asked Putin he would say don't you let my puppet die.

If he tells you that whilst in a spacesuit then it's too late

9 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

I do know that I've had some belters of a time experimenting with cocktails of drugs, but I get the feeling that's not quite the same thing...... 

I P Knightley

They wouldn't give experimental drug cocktails to a POTUS unless they were desperate. 

I'm putting on the popcorn. 🍿 

Just now, I P Knightley said:

They wouldn't give experimental drug cocktails to a POTUS unless they were desperate. 

My thoughts exactly. When I heard that phrase used I immediately thought he must be going downhill rapidly.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (title updated)
  • Maple Leaf changed the title to U.S. Politics megathread (merged)