***Official Motherwell v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

True.  Wouldn’t even have been s four years ago but now that’s a red or a yellow for all reds.   Doesn’t matter about the red anyway, it was the fact it was a foul that cost us a point.

I don't think it was a foul that cost us the point, that FK was a long ways out and there is no way a professional keeper shouldn't have dealt with that regardless of the bounce!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thunderstruck
Just now, gator said:

Those are bad memories I would like to forget!

There are a few on here that do need to remember.

All keepers make mistakes - dropping balls from crosses, letting the ball through their legs or getting caught with the ball at their feet. 

The Hearts keeper on that day in November 2006 was guilty, on many occasions, of blocking shots straight to the feet of inrushing strikers which cost us goals. In fact, he still does it. 

Did that hat keep him out of the team? Did that stop him progressing in the game? No, of course not. 

C6E60210-53DC-4689-B77D-BD1ECFA70A58.jpeg

Tackle wasn't 2 footed. From the other angle it looked as if his left foot was tucked under so nowhere near the ball. I'd have to see it again though. Turned the TV off when it went in,

17 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Imagine going to Parkhead and being 1-0 up until the 86th minute and then losing 2-1 after keeper fumbles the ball into his own net in the 94th minute. 

Do you think that keeper would/should have played for Hearts again? 

Wasn't that Rousset in a Cup Semi at Hampden ?????/ and he certainly played again and again and again !!!!

Just now, robbo1874 said:

Tackle wasn't 2 footed. From the other angle it looked as if his left foot was tucked under so nowhere near the ball. I'd have to see it again though. Turned the TV off when it went in,

Correct.

His trailing leg was nowhere near the ball.

Folk calling it two footed need their ? tested

3 minutes ago, El Diez said:

It wasn’t two footed.

It really was. He lunged off the ground (out of control in today's terminology) and even ended up with the ball trapped between his legs as he came down on it.

Having said that, whether he was on the pitch or not wouldn't have stopped Doyle having his brain fart. And why does a professional keeper not take a cap out with him when he knows he's going to be facing into the sun?

Bobby and Doyle are both prone to howlers but I reckon Bobby has more brilliance in him to at least partially compensate, although neither are good enough.

manaliveits105

It seemed to me early in 2nd half that our keeper could do with a sun cap as he claimed sun was in his eyes on at least one occasion - hope that wasnt what caused his feck up 

16 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Very good performance?  Did you even watch that?! A game full of schoolboy errors eventually settled by a schoolboy error.

A draw would have been fair and both teams will feel they had the chances to win it but we need to start getting the basics right.  The inability of so many of our players to kill a ball with their first touch or play a simple pass or even a simple clearance was embarrassing at times.

Can’t blame Levein though, thought he was positive with leaving Uche and Naismith on when Keena came on and even Soutar charging forward to near score on 83 minutes.  Ultimately though, even with all our big hitters back, we’re just not a very good football team.

Yes watched itand stand by my opinion. If Doyle doesn’t make that error I suspect most people would have been saying “decent point away from home against the most in-form team in the league but we had plenty opportunities to win it”

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
7 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

The expectation levels of some are extremely low Bob. 

Only game that really matters in the next few weeks is Partick as the league season is once again an inconsistent shambles.

Since the bereak we've managed a frankly woeful 7pts from 15pts in games against Dundee, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Livingston and Motherwell scoring a truly atrocious SIX goals in those 5 games. I would suggest that tells you everything about this setup and this manager. Bang ****ing average and going nowhere. You can't win many football matches scoring as few goals as that! 

I think the fans have now lost patience with this. We had an extremely strong start to the season which has completely evaporated. Levein is better at winding up other managers than he is at managing. He’s an adept salesman. He just doesn’t have any notable successes or trophies on his cv. However Levein remains so long as Budge remains. It’s a two part deal so strap in for absolute mediocrity mixed in with flattering to deceive for the foreseeable. Oh & ffs sign a goalie than can actually goalie.

Thunderstruck
3 minutes ago, Simmo said:

Wasn't that Rousset in a Cup Semi at Hampden ?????/ and he certainly played again and again and again !!!!

No, it was the one and only Craig Gordon. 

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

I only watched the last 5 mins, wish I hadn't.

Therefore you are the jinx ? wasn’t doyle’s fault was pilms ?

Just now, HoGwash said:

It really was. He lunged off the ground (out of control in today's terminology) and even ended up with the ball trapped between his legs as he came down on it.

Having said that, whether he was on the pitch or not wouldn't have stopped Doyle having his brain fart. And why does a professional keeper not take a cap out with him when he knows he's going to be facing into the sun?

Bobby and Doyle are both prone to howlers but I reckon Bobby has more brilliance in him to at least partially compensate, although neither are good enough.

I suggest you watch again and look when he first touches the ball. The Motherwell player is clear before his second leg touches the ball.

Both feet were off the ground but that’s something completely different from a two footed tackle.

17 minutes ago, sadj said:

Holding out for a draw? This resources pish gets trotted out all the time. Its a ridiculous argument. Morherwell are flying 5wins in the league on the bounce before today. We were easily a match for them but missed the chances we created. Rangers drew with St Johnstone yesterday at Ibrox does that mean they should bin Gerrard? 

They are not exactly Real Madrid. I couldn't care how many they have won, we should be able to put a team on the park to beat a team like that if we are to move forward. This is how far we have gone when it is deemed acceptable to have a hard game against Motherwell. The same excuses were churned out after defeat by Dundee and St Mirren. If I was a Rangers fan I wouldn't be happier either. 

Edited by Class of 75

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

They are not exactly Real Madrid. I couldn't care how many they have won, we should be able to put a team on the park to beat a team like that if we are to move forward. If I was a Rangers fan I wouldn't be happier either. 

Wind your neck in and stop talking pish.

We could have won the game and didn't deserve to lose it through that unacceptable howler from the keeper.

2 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

They are not exactly Real Madrid. I couldn't care how many they have won, we should be able to put a team on the park to beat a team like that if we are to move forward. If I was a Rangers fan I wouldn't be happier either. 

We had a team on the park that could beat a team like that. They scored from a breakaway and bad defendimg then a honking bit of goalkeeping. Meanwhile we didnt take any of the several chances we had to score second half. We beat ourselves today with two mistakes imo. We definately were not holding on as was claimed though. Can’t make a comment then change direction. 

Just now, frankblack said:

Wind your neck in and stop talking pish.

We could have won the game and didn't deserve to lose it through that unacceptable howler from the keeper.

Just an opinion. We could have won the game but we didn't that is why I commented. 

The Bookkeeper
1 minute ago, sadj said:

We had a team on the park that could beat a team like that. They scored from a breakaway and bad defendimg then a honking bit of goalkeeping. Meanwhile we didnt take any of the several chances we had to score second half. We beat ourselves today with two mistakes imo. We definately were not holding on as was claimed though. Can’t make a comment then change direction. 

Seems a familiar story for Levein teams. Always some excuse or another. Only need to look back to the visit to Fir Park this time last year, must just be unlucky I guess  :rofl:

How very frustrating. This season has been so so frustrating. Expectation begins to build and we flop, whether that be an individual flop or collectively. Despite still being in the cup and in the mix for third place (although I think that's fairly unlikely) I've had enough of this season. Too many missed opportunities and extremely frustrating moments.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Yep, with some proper finishing we probably win this, Naismith's whiff at an open goal and a couple of free headers come to mind, numerous times we had the ball at the top of the box and tried to play into a better position, I like many Jambos behind the goal was yelling "shoot"!

The Bookkeeper
11 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

I think the fans have now lost patience with this. We had an extremely strong start to the season which has completely evaporated. Levein is better at winding up other managers than he is at managing. He’s an adept salesman. He just doesn’t have any notable successes or trophies on his cv. However Levein remains so long as Budge remains. It’s a two part deal so strap in for absolute mediocrity mixed in with flattering to deceive for the foreseeable. Oh & ffs sign a goalie than can actually goalie.

Some have but some still cling to their delusions and ask for "patience"! Your post is spot on. The reek of mediocrity and the acceptance of sub standard results and performances from manager down through the squad is strong. 

Auldreidy1874

Should've at least drawn that. Seemed the team allowed them to hustle too easily and some of the passing was amiss even when they didn't press. Very disappointing. And the train is cancelled. Can this day get any better? Yes, Killie could beat C%?!&c!

6 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Seems a familiar story for Levein teams. Always some excuse or another. Only need to look back to the visit to Fir Park this time last year, must just be unlucky I guess  :rofl:

What seems familiar is you ? 

I think crucial injuries to key players derailed our strong start and we just don't have the depth in the squad to deal with that, now that Berra and Naismith have returned we don't seem to be able to recapture that form, Berra doesn't look 100% to me!

4 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Some have but some still cling to their delusions and ask for "patience"! Your post is spot on. The reek of mediocrity and the acceptance of sub standard results and performances from manager down through the squad is strong. 

Have a wee gin and relax.

Looks like it's another battle to make the top six again this year . 7pt  cushion with 7 games to go . 

If and it's a big if CL ****s this up and the Partick game that's got to be game over for him . 

Played well today in spells but we aren't really improving results wise  tbh . 

So frustrating, personally I'd like to see a change of direction, can't see us being anything other than mediocre season after season . 

3 minutes ago, HoGwash said:

Have a wee gin and relax.

Thought i recognised the attitude , style and wording of the posts. Nevermind... 

1 minute ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

For a team highlighting suicide prevention that didn’t half celebrate ours?

Shouldnt laugh but **** me ???

Actually didn’t think we played bad. They threatened a few times but I was never worried. We broke well and at pace. Having Olly lee out the team helped us to do that. Killie and Aberdeen and probably Rangers will continue to drop points. Two big home games coming up. I thought we were good for the win. Their winger Hastie looks really direct and raw. Mistakes happen, it’s how we bounce back. 

Groundhog Day! Did we not lose to a horrendous goal conceded in the cup at their place last year?

The solutions

Need more coaches to instil better concentration.- no

It will be okay when we have our injured players back.-no

When the big fella from Prague gets here...-no

Fans need to get off players backs,-no

Referee made the wrong call, never a sending off -no

Wait until CL has had a window,-no

Reality- mindset and undercurrent of not losing against a team doing all to win, things go for you when adopting a positive attitude, don't think we will ever learn, and people want to dress it up as haters etc, wakey, wakey!!!!

13 minutes ago, jambogaza said:

How very frustrating. This season has been so so frustrating. Expectation begins to build and we flop, whether that be an individual flop or collectively. Despite still being in the cup and in the mix for third place (although I think that's fairly unlikely) I've had enough of this season. Too many missed opportunities and extremely frustrating moments.

This. 

Every time expectations are high or even get a little bit excited it gets dashed. Either injuries, or ref decisions or a truly awful performance. 

Having said all that we could finish third and are in the Scottish Cup. It can all come good yet but no more margin for error. No more injuries and players need to stand up and get it done. 

There were some really good signs today I thought. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

nearly followed up our home point against Livingston with an away point to in-form Motherwell - so unlucky that would have been amazing

45 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Nothing special, had chances to win but so did they and Doyle had made couple of great saves before his howler. 

43 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thought we were good first half. Second half was scrappy both sides had good chances.

If I am really honest a draw was going to be far until Ben and Doyle show. 

Bozanic I thought was very good today and Mulraney 

42 minutes ago, sadj said:

Decent enough mate , best performance in a while far more like esrly season. Missed a lot of chances we should of buried. Their first was piss poor from Berra on a counter attack , winner was a foul (forgetting the ins and outs of if its a red) and a shocker from Doyle. Naismiths goal was a peach of a finish. Draw would of been fair. Boz played well and we looked more fluent without Lee but we need to take chances that game was there to win and we lost it they didn’t win it

Thank you gents ?

5 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Groundhog Day! Did we not lose to a horrendous goal conceded in the cup at their place last year?

The solutions

Need more coaches to instil better concentration.- no

It will be okay when we have our injured players back.-no

When the big fella from Prague gets here...-no

Fans need to get off players backs,-no

Referee made the wrong call, never a sending off -no

Wait until CL has had a window,-no

Reality- mindset and undercurrent of not losing against a team doing all to win, things go for you when adopting a positive attitude, don't think we will ever learn, and people want to dress it up as haters etc, wakey, wakey!!!!

Wise one indeed! Wakey wakey peeps ?

In no way would I blame CL. I thought he approached the game well and bringing Kenna showed we were going for the 3 points. Two bad mistakes cost us dearly. The game was winnable and we should’ve come away with all 3 points but didn’t. 

No point whingeing as we are all hurting just now. I’m going to do what I always do....and get behind the team for the next game. After nearly 40 years of mediocrity then I’m used to this! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

6 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

nearly followed up our home point against Livingston with an away point to in-form Motherwell - so unlucky that would have been amazing

Why do you still pretend to be a Hearts fan?

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Having less doubts about Doyle in this game. Solid.

So gutted after the game I've been driving around to calm down a bit - don't know if there have been other comments made since but I bet you wish you hadn't posted this!!  I was watching game in a pub with another Jambo ST holder - I mentioned to him after the third brilliant save by Doyle 'that he'd end up doing something feckin stupid'.  I wish I hadn't opened my gob

I thought we were pretty mediocre today, but improved when we went to a back four.    The pace of play is too slow and we seem to want to pass the responsibility of scoring to someone else rather than have a shot.  Djoum had a great chance to hit it, but decided to pass instead.

draw might have been the fairer result, but at least there was the joy of listenng to the duelling drums from both young teams.

Another opportunity missed to make up some ground.  

AlphonseCapone
50 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

There are a few on here that do need to remember.

All keepers make mistakes - dropping balls from crosses, letting the ball through their legs or getting caught with the ball at their feet. 

The Hearts keeper on that day in November 2006 was guilty, on many occasions, of blocking shots straight to the feet of inrushing strikers which cost us goals. In fact, he still does it. 

Did that hat keep him out of the team? Did that stop him progressing in the game? No, of course not. 

C6E60210-53DC-4689-B77D-BD1ECFA70A58.jpeg

There's a big difference between Gordon and Doyle in age, ability and potential. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
6 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Why do you still pretend to be a Hearts fan?

pretend? you never seen any my posts about European trips or in-depth snippets of hearts games over the years?

:)

35 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Shambles of a club aye?! Away bile yer head you balloon ?

38 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Absolutely reeking!

Poster that is!

The Bookkeeper
2 minutes ago, BobbyJenkins said:

Shambles of a club aye?! Away bile yer head you balloon ?

Can you point me in the direction of any post I have made that says "shambles of a club"........I'll wait  :rofl:

The Bookkeeper
3 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Absolutely reeking!

Poster that is!

Oh its Kickback's very own ex Minister. No wonder nobody goes to church anymore if this is the level of wisdom offered.......

It was a horrific embarrassing mistake by Doyle.

Still don't know how he actually managed to do it. Ball was bouncing in front of him at the post but it somehow managed to end up in the middle of the net.

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

3 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Oh its Kickback's very own ex Minister. No wonder nobody goes to church anymore if this is the level of wisdom offered.......

Tbf he is correct. 

You are reeking.

Not a great performance by any stretch, but we more than merited a point for our efforts. I actually thought we tried to play a bit more football than has been the case in recent times, although the style is often still slow, laborious and pretty easy to defend.

With just a single point from the last two winnable games, I'm not sure we're really pushing that hard for top 3 anymore. Killie may be catchable, which along with better cup results, might tempt the gaffer to give it a another go next year.