***Official Motherwell v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

The Bookkeeper
Just now, Dallas Green said:

Tbf he is correct. 

You are reeking.

If by "reeking" you mean capable of telling the truth about our bang average management team, their abysmal recruitment record and totally underwhelming overall performance and record then yes....guilty as charged  ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

Tbf he is correct. 

You are reeking.

I like your avatar, I'm a big fan of Alexisonfire and City and Colour!

joondalupjambo

Celtic win today and we are only 3 points behind Killie and 4 behind the Sheep, still plenty of time to catch them both.  Oh and Motherwell go ahead of Hibs today whihc has to be ok.   Always look on the bright side I guess,.

Just now, The Bookkeeper said:

If by "reeking" you mean capable of telling the truth about our bang average management team, their abysmal recruitment record and totally underwhelming overall performance and record then yes....guilty as charged  ?

You say truth.

I say it is your shitey reeking opinion ??

Thunderstruck
9 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

There's a big difference between Gordon and Doyle in age, ability and potential. 

The difference in ability should have removed the risk of making such a mistake. It didn’t so it might be argued that mistakes are in all keepers irrespective of ability. 

The post was about selective memory (as are the threads about Best/Worst players) and that all keepers make mistakes that cost goals. 

That said, I don’t remember the same level of criticism for Gordon after that game. 

An outfield player makes a poor choice or a blunder and it is quickly forgotten but a keeper will have to live with his mistakes for some considerable time.  

I always find it funny when seemingly intelligent people return on here under another username, and continue using the exact same posting style that they always have.

Put a little thought into it, eh. ???

Yet another disjointed performance, this group of players should be capable of better. Our tactics of hoofing the ball to Uche was so predictable.

To play a back 3 when Motherwell had two direct fast wingers, was asking for trouble. Berra is a shadow of the Player he was previously. Another opportiunity to make up ground lost.

4 minutes ago, El Diez said:

I always find it funny when seemingly intelligent people return on here under another username, and continue using the exact same posting style that they always have.

???

10 minutes ago, El Diez said:

I mean how sad do you have to be to keep creating new usernames and accounts when you post the same shit.

AlphonseCapone
8 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

The difference in ability should have removed the risk of making such a mistake. It didn’t so it might be argued that mistakes are in all keepers irrespective of ability. 

The post was about selective memory (as are the threads about Best/Worst players) and that all keepers make mistakes that cost goals. 

That said, I don’t remember the same level of criticism for Gordon after that game. 

An outfield player makes a poor choice or a blunder and it is quickly forgotten but a keeper will have to live with his mistakes for some considerable time.  

All keepers do make mistakes, even the best and when it happens the consequences are often dire. But I think why Doyle is getting such a hard time compared to Gordon is that with Gordon it was seen as one of those mistakes that happens despite his talent whereas for Doyle, it's something people felt was coming and confirms their fears that he isn't good enough. 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

No worries , if he’d booked him I’d have no arguments. As I said I just think though he lunged he was already on the ground when he made contact with the ball and I don’t think it was a dangerous challenge. Opinions though. As I said was a foul and that was what cost us the red is almost irrelevant

Craig Leveins said the same as I have, no complaints about it. 

Graham Thomson

I thought we definitely deserved a draw

But you can't legislate for a ridiculous challenge, and a horrific goalkeeping error, both in the last minute of the game. 

13 minutes ago, The Bookkeeper said:

I don't know whether you reek or not but i do know you can't make the blind see ?️ ?

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

Yes watched itand stand by my opinion. If Doyle doesn’t make that error I suspect most people would have been saying “decent point away from home against the most in-form team in the league but we had plenty opportunities to win it”

On the very rare occasions we do actually play well you must think you’re watching Brazil if you think today was a good performance.  

Lets just remember we were playing Motherwell today, a bottom 6 team.  Yes, they had won their last 5 games but iirc all against fellow bottom 6 teams, but still managed to get pumped at home to Ross County during that run.  It’s not like they’ve been beating Juve, Barca, etc. 

Bottom line, Motherwell are pish.  We’re a bit less pish, that’s why we’re above them but still hanging around in mid table mediocrity, which is where we will finish this season.

We’ve got far too many fans willing to accept mediocrity. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
5 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

We are nowhere near good enough for the money that we're ploughing in to that club. 

Absolute dross. 

stop moaning and pay more 

? ? 

portobellojambo1

I went through today having taken in yesterday's results with thoughts that we could make up 2 points on clubs above us. It was difficult walking away from that game knowing that rather than making up ground we ended up effectively being a further point behind those who had drawn yesterday.

We certainly did nowhere near enough to win today, but I think a draw would have been a fair result, as it was too poor teams who were in contention today.  It was unfortunate that the game was decided on a goalkeeping howler, as Doyle had played well up until the easiest thing he had to do all day blew up in his face. Nobody stood out today, but there were some disappointments. Mulraney was the starting point, his poor pass (not the first nor the last) formed the basis of their opening goal. It was compounded by Christophe Berra continually backing off their player as he got near our box. I thought Christophe was very poor today. I've thought he has looked unfir since he came back into the team after injury, but in most games he has got pass marks because he has continued to be strong in the air. Today against a team who kept the ball on the ground he just couldn't cope. We need to turn it round in style next week versus St Mirren and follow it up with a win at Firhill.

Calmed down a bit. Really disappointed. Should have been a draw. Unfortunately that's football and we have to live with it.We will all back next week. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

On the very rare occasions we do actually play well you must think you’re watching Brazil if you think today was a good performance.  

Lets just remember we were playing Motherwell today, a bottom 6 team.  Yes, they had won their last 5 games but iirc all against fellow bottom 6 teams, but still managed to get pumped at home to Ross County during that run.  It’s not like they’ve been beating Juve, Barca, etc. 

Bottom line, Motherwell are pish.  We’re a bit less pish, that’s why we’re above them but still hanging around in mid table mediocrity, which is where we will finish this season.

We’ve got far too many fans willing to accept mediocrity. 

Championship fans. 

Absolutely no ambition whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Is Hendricks back?

Seems like it.

The only way i could see Hendricks coming back was if you put a gun to his head...

DjHzvqAXsAE4pNC_1_.jpg?1532717841

30 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Especially when their first post upon returning makes reference to something from ages ago ?

Nelly Terraces

Poor recruitments cost us today. Ludicrous challenge in a dangerous area from 1 of them. Absolute howler from another.

We got what we deserved. Nothing. 

Naismith showing again today he is the only real goal threat, Uche is a beast and will provide knock downs for a goalscorer but wont convert himself. Clare just doesnt make the grade for me, if you are defender with a little pace it must be an absolute joy playing against him, so weak on the ball.

7 minutes ago, VALDOS said:

Naismith showing again today he is the only real goal threat, Uche is a beast and will provide knock downs for a goalscorer but wont convert himself. Clare just doesnt make the grade for me, if you are defender with a little pace it must be an absolute joy playing against him, so weak on the ball.

Clare was probably our best player in the first half. Again, there were a lot worse players to criticise bar Sean Clare today. 

Bazzas right boot
22 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Dross. I can see Hibs catching us if they win at Tynie we are that bad.

Yip, think we're in the relegation battle now tbh. 

A bad day all round keepers howler will take the blame but a lot of mistakes from the rest of the players missing chances bad control and passing thought today we could have edged closer to teams above,but failed again

we are a very ordinary team in a very ordinary league maybe the cup can cheer us up and give us something positive to remember this season . 

36 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

We are nowhere near good enough for the money that we're ploughing in to that club. 

Absolute dross. 

FFS, another one who thinks that the FOH subs are being spent on the team.

If you're not and you mean the ticket money then stop going, nobody will miss you.

GorgieRules22
31 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I went through today having taken in yesterday's results with thoughts that we could make up 2 points on clubs above us. It was difficult walking away from that game knowing that rather than making up ground we ended up effectively being a further point behind those who had drawn yesterday.

We certainly did nowhere near enough to win today, but I think a draw would have been a fair result, as it was too poor teams who were in contention today.  It was unfortunate that the game was decided on a goalkeeping howler, as Doyle had played well up until the easiest thing he had to do all day blew up in his face. Nobody stood out today, but there were some disappointments. Mulraney was the starting point, his poor pass (not the first nor the last) formed the basis of their opening goal. It was compounded by Christophe Berra continually backing off their player as he got near our box. I thought Christophe was very poor today. I've thought he has looked unfir since he came back into the team after injury, but in most games he has got pass marks because he has continued to be strong in the air. Today against a team who kept the ball on the ground he just couldn't cope. We need to turn it round in style next week versus St Mirren and follow it up with a win at Firhill.

My worry for the Partick game is the Celtic game just before it. It’s going to be fairly physical and I feel that we have to go to Partick full strength.

31 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Dross. I can see Hibs catching us if they win at Tynie we are that bad.

Agreed, they are a really good side and on fire just now.

:jj_facepalm:

6 minutes ago, graygo said:

FFS, another one who thinks that the FOH subs are being spent on the team.

If you're not and you mean the ticket money then stop going, nobody will miss you.

I mean our budget in general, compared to the teams we're struggling against. 

You can also take into account our player turn over. 

So much money wasted on experimentation.

We seem to just sign players and cross our fingers. 

I also don't like the way we're playing. It's eye watering stuff. 

Edited by Top Corner

42 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Absolute dross. 

Why would you refer to us as that club.Bit disrespectful to the club you claim to support.

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

Why would you refer to us as that club.Bit disrespectful to the club you claim to support.

Oh, here we go. 

Maybe i'm just sick of watching crap. 

1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

I mean our budget in general, compared to the teams we're struggling against. 

You can also take into account our player turn over. 

So much money wasted on experimentation. 

Which is why our recruitment policy has changed in the past 12 months, did you miss it?

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-assistant-austin-macphee-how-15235333

53 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Craig Leveins said the same as I have, no complaints about it. 

Don’t you use my CL love against me ? Mikey Stewart said was a disgraceful decision. Next thing i saw was an idiot claiming the club is ****ed when FOH take over and at that point he’ll stop buying a season ticket and it was “that bint” Budges fault for not throwing cash at McLaughlin to keep him... Iv given up having any rational debate on todays decison now?

7 minutes ago, graygo said:

Which is why our recruitment policy has changed in the past 12 months, did you miss it?

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hearts-assistant-austin-macphee-how-15235333

I'm not seeing it on the pitch mate. 

We have Naismith and Berra, Both at the end of their careers. 

Naismith will probably leave. 

Uche was a good signing. He'll get better. 

Lee, bozanic etc... Meh

Edited by Top Corner

Thunderstruck
56 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

All keepers do make mistakes, even the best and when it happens the consequences are often dire. But I think why Doyle is getting such a hard time compared to Gordon is that with Gordon it was seen as one of those mistakes that happens despite his talent whereas for Doyle, it's something people felt was coming and confirms their fears that he isn't good enough. 

I’m not clear on what basis people felt a mistake ‘was coming’.  His record since getting the first team gig has been pretty good and his handling, positioning and reading of the game have all been fine. His main faults, from my (Gorgie Stand) perspective, are that he is often slow to recycle the ball and he isn’t as vocal as McLaughlin when it comes to managing those in front of him. 

1 minute ago, Top Corner said:

I'm not seeing it on the pitch mate. 

We have Naismith and Berra, Both at the end of their careers. 

Naismith will probably leave. 

We've also got Souttar, Haring, Clare, Ikpeazu, Cochrane and young Keena who looks like he's got something.

We've a long way to go after watching some of the shite served up this season but I think we are headed in the right direction. A solid keeper would help for starters.

1 minute ago, graygo said:

We've also got Souttar, Haring, Clare, Ikpeazu, Cochrane and young Keena who looks like he's got something.

We've a long way to go after watching some of the shite served up this season but I think we are headed in the right direction. A solid keeper would help for starters.

Keena should start, he wasn't signed, Cochrane wasn't signed either and i dunno what's going on with him. 

Haring is a good signing, yes. 

Clare... dunno where to start with him. Some moments of quality but mostly goes missing. 

Edited by Top Corner

2 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Keena should start, he wasn't signed, Cochrane wasn't signed either and i dunno what's going on with him. 

Keena was signed from St Pats in Ireland. We paid a fee for him.

4 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

Clare... dunno where to start with him. Some moments of quality but mostly goes missing. 

Keena and cochrane were signed

1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

Correct.

Folk are hurting just now and lashing out at things irrationally. 

1 minute ago, stuart500 said:

Ah, i didn't know that. 

2017 though, Not a current levein signing. 

He looks the real deal. 

2 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

You’re right. Think I read at 18 or something.