***Official Motherwell v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

NaturalOrder74
1 minute ago, PB21 said:

Love how we all focus on the mistake from Doyle. Not the saves he made previous.

Saves aren’t worth anything when you cost us the game 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

A draw would of been fair given the game

Correct. Both teams trying to win it and not a bad game barring the late disaster. 

Doyle will get all the headlines but that was garbage all round from start to finish. Clare and Ikpeazu probably our two best performers, Berra by far and away the worst on the pitch. 

We should be doing far better with this group of players. 

1 minute ago, Dallas Green said:

Im not even pissed off with the game as a whole. I thought it was a battle and we had done well.

Im raging that doyle ****ed that up.

Pretty much sums it up. We did fine and it wasn't a poor performance.

Moment of madness by Doyle.

Nelly Terraces
3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Lheveins Losers.

Absolute ****ing pish.

Too many ropey players in this squad to make us anything but average mate.

But that mistake at the end - wow. You just gotta laugh at how shite that was!

Fitzroy Pointon
5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Was a decent effort 

Should have had game won with chances second half 

How many times could we have said that this season? Yet, again, without Naismith we wouldn't have scored at all. 

1 minute ago, PB21 said:

Love how we all focus on the mistake from Doyle. Not the saves he made previous.

That is because he ****ing chucked it in the net. No point praising any saves when he goes and ****s up an easy save.

2 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Judge a keeper on his mistakes and that is a major one.

6 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

And that's the howler that's been waiting to happen. 

6 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Been coming for weeks.  He’s a ****ing bombscare.

Unfortunately it's been on the cards. Unbelievable. 

HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

I think the only thing levein, works on in training is set pieces like I actually thing the whole week Is spent on that absolute dinosaur. 

Not good enough need to take our chances Colin Doyle had a good game in fairness just a shocking mistake Zlamal & Doyle not good enough overall simple as that. In regards to the red card people saying it’s not a red card are in denial it’s a free kick anyway and still would of scored it red card debatable. Look at everyone we have dropped points to this season sitting 5th in the league disgrace.

Edited by HMFC THE TEAM FOR ME

1 minute ago, PB21 said:

He had a great game up to that point, but unfortunately that's not what folk will remember.

The life of a goalie summed up 

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, GrimUpNorth said:

Doyle will get all the headlines but that was garbage all round from start to finish. Clare and Ikpeazu probably our two best performers, Berra by far and away the worst on the pitch. 

We should be doing far better with this group of players. 

Correct about berra. He is now unsettling the defence rather than strengthening it. Either not fit or still carrying an injury.

Amateurish goalkeeping. The very fact the man has around 8 mins of rolling bloopers tells you everything. That’s just added to it now.

We have found our level though - mid table mediocrity. 

I thought we played well but a draw would have been a fair result over the piece.

Definite sending off for Garuccio, yep he won the ball but jumped in with two feet, an illegal challenge.  Stupidity on stilts. 

Doyle made a number of good saves today, I thought he was excellent for 90 minutes but has been getting away with some dodgy keeping for a while and it was only a matter of time, just like Bobby, he’d sell the jerseys. 

Terrible mistake, awful goalkeeping but if Garuccio doesn’t jump in two footed, we in all probability earn a decent point. 

2 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Oh piss off! He won the ball cleanly. To give a foul for that, let alone send him off, was an utter travesty!

I thought that the distance the player was from where Garuccio got the ball. Was no way that was a red

3 minutes ago, PB21 said:

His previous saves count for nothing when he chucks in the winner.

9 minutes ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

Never a red in the first place but to throw away the three points like that get him back on the bench, clown 

Only threw away a point.

Chances to have the game put to bed not taken costing us again. Keeper will struggle to recover from that. No confidence in him at all now and neither will the defense. Berra needs a rest or at worst not being played on the left. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Former England keeper Tim Flowers was interviewed after a purple patch.

As a keeper I will never be judged on the saves I make only the amount of mistakes 

rudi must stay

Better effort attacking wise, didn't deserve to lose that game at all, its tackles like that being outlawed thats turning people away from football. Naismith's miss is an utter disaster and inescapable. That should be in the net, and I dont like Uche's instinct of holding it up and then passing it back, a couple of times we were in with a forward pass. I doubt we'll see Doyle in the goal again, that moment his concentration had to be at the top level, and it wasn't there, I think Zlamal would have done better and he's had his time out to reflect. For me he's our best keeper in a while

Both keepers are unreliable. Have mistakes in them and it's not like they are youngsters. Both are experienced keepers and just aren't up to the required standard.

Both have strengths but neither inspire confidence that say a kello or McLaughlin would. 

That said we lack quality in the wide areas. 

Just not good enough today never produced enough attacking threat 

Just now, iantjambo said:

His previous saves count for nothing when he chucks in the winner.

Played his part in their winner, Garuccio is a ****ing idiot however. 

5 minutes ago, PB21 said:

Actually thought he'd been our motm just before the free kick was taken. Chucked it harder than he chucked that ****ing ball

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I thought we played well but a draw would have been a fair result over the piece.

Definite sending off for Garuccio, yep he won the ball but jumped in with two feet, an illegal challenge.  Stupidity on stilts. 

Doyle made a number of good saves today, I thought he was excellent for 90 minutes but has been getting away with some dodgy keeping for a while and it was only a matter of time, just like Bobby, he’d sell the jerseys. 

Terrible mistake, awful goalkeeping but if Garuccio doesn’t jump in two footed, we in all probability earn a decent point. 

You've either not seen it or you're blind. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Just out the ground.

What the actual **** was Doyle doing? Moved with the agility of a wardrobe and tried to catch like a humpback whale.

Also, what is Shaughnessy meant to be because he ain’t a footballer. They tell me he’s actually played for Leeds which utterly baffles me. A genuine pub player.

We should have won that today.

4 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

Oh piss off! He won the ball cleanly. To give a foul for that, let alone send him off, was an utter travesty!

Rules of the game, law 12, excessive force endangering an opponent is a red card. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Markymark said:

Amateurish goalkeeping. The very fact the man has around 8 mins of rolling bloopers tells you everything. That’s just added to it now.

We have found our level though - mid table mediocrity. 

To be fair a lot of that video were the same mistake replayed but today's one do seem to be the mistake he makes. Misjudged bounce 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Bits on garuccio i dont agree with Doyle and draw yes. 

Great to see Uche back terrorising defenders. Great game by Clare. 

Really tried to take the game to Motherwell and paid the price defensively unfortunately.

Good game though and we should really have won. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

That’s so hard to take 

Wasn’t even a foul let alone a red card 

standard save for the keeper and got it all wrong 

should be dropped 

annoying as we had chances to win that game and needed the points 

Very poor performance all over the park and then even our luck ran out..horrible ending. Players just don't seem to grasp what is at stake here

We spent a lot of that game bringing pressure on ourselves with our complete inability to either work the ball out of defence or simply clear it effectively. We gave the ball away countless times close to our penalty area. We made Motherwell look a lot better than they were. It’s mystifying that our ball retention is so abysmal.

Jambof3tornado
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Rules of the game, law 12, excessive force endangering an opponent is a red card. 

Thats not excessive force.

Just now, brawlad74 said:

Very poor performance all over the park and then even our luck ran out..horrible ending. Players just don't seem to grasp what is at stake here

Totally disagree, thought we were very good going forward

11 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Won't see a more self destructive two minutes in football. 

Shambles. 

Exactly, I'm still shaking my head over that one!

Governor Tarkin
8 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

But that mistake at the end - wow. You just gotta laugh at how shite that was!

I'm still half expecting Jeremy Beadle to pop out from behind the advertising hoarding. 

To be fair, Beadle probably would've made a better job of saving that free kick even with his gammy paw.

Edited by Governor Tarkin
Edited to say, and in his current condition.

Geoff Kilpatrick
1 minute ago, Jodami said:

Excessive force? :rofl: