***Official Motherwell v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Vanecek is a current levein signing... Where the hell is he?

Honestly had high hopes for him. Not even on the bench today. 

First team signings have been mediocre. 

Edited by Top Corner

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, graygo said:

Correct.

Folk are hurting just now and lashing out at things irrationally. 

It's a  day for irrational behaviour. Still can't believe it's happened. 

Kilmarnock to get a late winner to put the boot in 

14 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

I’m not clear on what basis people felt a mistake ‘was coming’.  His record since getting the first team gig has been pretty good and his handling, positioning and reading of the game have all been fine. His main faults, from my (Gorgie Stand) perspective, are that he is often slow to recycle the ball and he isn’t as vocal as McLaughlin when it comes to managing those in front of him. 

His kicking is awful. He rarely comes off his line and doesn't command his area. I thought he was having his best game for us today until the blunder. We need better than him and Bobby IMO

1 hour ago, The Bookkeeper said:

Oh its Kickback's very own ex Minister. No wonder nobody goes to church anymore if this is the level of wisdom offered.......

Pathetic response!

And if stating the bleedin' obvious about your post is anything but "wisdom," then, well, it's obvious the lunatics have taken over the asylum.   

PS 71 year old working minister and the church has grown by over 30% in last two years.  Indeed, the revitalisation of the Free Church in general has growth in many of their churches.  You should have a try, because we're experts in dealing with those who have no hope.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

MacLean another Levein signing on the bench. 

I think today was far from our worst. 

Probably best to leave 24 hours for all of us.

Manner of defeat has left us all raging 

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

It's a  day for irrational behaviour. Still can't believe it's happened. 

Kilmarnock to get a late winner to put the boot in 

The thing is I believe we were better against Killie  than Celtic are currently doing.. So bloody frustrating,

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Now, that is wisdom!

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Every 2 weeks we're raging though.. 

Even when we do win, it's terrible football. 

I'm actually past the stage of raging. 

It's all just too predicable. 

Edited by Top Corner

I thought we were alright today. Maybe I just accept mediocrity. Thought Bozanic gave us a bit more energy in midfield and we looked to be trying to win the game. Terrible goal to lose but we've played worse and won

2 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I thought we were alright today. Maybe I just accept mediocrity. Thought Bozanic gave us a bit more energy in midfield and we looked to be trying to win the game. Terrible goal to lose but we've played worse and won

I agree, that feck up by Doyle has changed things completely though.

7 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

I don't get excited to watch my team anymore. 

I don't have a favourite player or anything. 

It's horrible. 

Not even Naismith

32 minutes ago, sadj said:

Don’t you use my CL love against me ? Mikey Stewart said was a disgraceful decision. Next thing i saw was an idiot claiming the club is ****ed when FOH take over and at that point he’ll stop buying a season ticket and it was “that bint” Budges fault for not throwing cash at McLaughlin to keep him... Iv given up having any rational debate on todays decison now?

You know what. We played well today and for once no one is talking about how shite we were. Two stupid individual mistakes after 90mins cost us the match

4 minutes ago, Barack said:

Don't then. It's not hard to do something else for 90 minutes. 

:lol:

This post made me laugh... supposed to change it up when the good luck charm stops working though pres....

21 minutes ago, Top Corner said:

weirdly he was used in the social media 'game day' promotion. image of him training

Just now, 132goals1958 said:

Not even Naismith

Nut. Quality player, could probably be used a bit better, but nut. 

He'll be gone soon. 

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

On another note, how many chances does Uche miss. Fair few scuffed shots against Talbot and same today. A better connection on the ball and he scores.

Striker misses 5 months and is a bit rusty- shocker. 

Folk should really think before posting. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

You know what. We played well today and for once no one is talking about how shite we were. Two stupid individual mistakes after 90mins cost us the match

No, we didn't

5 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Boz was getting it tight for slowing us down. Soon as I saw Lee on the bench I thought. Good we will move it quicker , which we did , woeful finishing all game apart from what was one of the best finishes we’ve seen from a Hearts player in a long time. We were def trying to win the game. The ott reactions are i think down to the awful manner we lost not a proper reflection on the game

Just now, sadj said:

Boz was getting it tight for slowing us down. Soon as I saw Lee on the bench I thought. Good we will move it quicker , which we did , woeful finishing all game apart from what was one of the best finishes we’ve seen from a Hearts player in a long time. We were def trying to win the game. The ott reactions are i think down to the awful manner we lost not a proper reflection on the game

Aye. I was spewing but, that mistake apart we were well worth the point if not more. Probably more chances to win it than them

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Too sensible for jkb. We had chances to win that. Soapy just needed more contact on the header and its in!!

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

All fair comments. But for me weve looked too pedestrian for a few games now. Auckinleck aside as cant take much from that. But weve played livi, dundee and now M'well and its the same predictable passes and movement. We were going for it a little bit more today but we are still sorely lacking. Thats where the frustration comes from for me.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

4 minutes ago, jambali said:

No, we didn't

I think in reflection as Iv just said the nature of the loss is whats causing the spewing of vitriol in all directions. However I do think we played quite well today. We changed things when we needed to and got on top of them and really should of made the free kick irrelevant. That is my frustration and the goal itself was a gut punch iv not felt in a while. Did look like spin and wind kicked it up in an unexpected way but still feel Doyle will know he should of saved it. We also went for a win today and Keena looks very promising. First time iv seen us play someone since Velicka who isnt called Skacel or Naismith that i see and think yesss serious goal threat. 

2 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Too sensible for jkb. We had chances to win that. Soapy just needed more contact on the header and its in!!

Naismith missed essentially an open goal , Uche fell backwards shooting when it seemed easier to score , Mulraney hit a pinger that was blocked , Clare slid one past the post and there were a few others. Thats just the decent efforts/chances. Never mind the could of got shots away etc ones. 

9 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Striker misses 5 months and is a bit rusty- shocker. 

Folk should really think before posting. 

I know hes rusty. And i did think before posting. His hold up play and dribbling is second to none probably in the league. He doesn't strike the ball well enough when he was the chances. 

Unless of course my eyes fail me and you have some sort of evidence that he scores loads of goals?

3 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

All fair comments. But for me weve looked too pedestrian for a few games now. Auckinleck aside as cant take much from that. But weve played livi, dundee and now M'well and its the same predictable passes and movement. We were going for it a little bit more today but we are still sorely lacking. Thats where the frustration comes from for me.

As I said without Lee in there I think we looked less pedestrian. No argument we have and its caused us to labour against Livi and Auchinleck (as you siad difficult to take anything from that though) Boz was far more direct and Uche gives us space to run into and play in like we didn’t have while he was out. Clare and Naismith seem to be enjoying that. Mulraney was hit and miss all game and Godinho was average. But they were not as bad as people are saying. Def positives but we need to finish chances. Even winning early in the season we were missing chances we should be taking. 

40 minutes ago, graygo said:

Correct.

Folk are hurting just now and lashing out at things irrationally. 

No wonder , that loss today was enough to to finish anyone, bar the happy clappers nothing fazes that lot.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

I know hes rusty. And i did think before posting. His hold up play and dribbling is second to none probably in the league. He doesn't strike the ball well enough when he was the chances. 

Unless of course my eyes fail me and you have some sort of evidence that he scores loads of goals?

He's probably not the complete player you want if you want all the above tbh. 

Played at Cambridge and now with us at 25.

He's also just came back from a lengthy lay off. 

Also not sure why he's being singled out. 

But then, we did get beat so everyone must be shite for one reason or another. 

2 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

He's probably not the complete player you want if you want all the above tbh. 

Played at Cambridge and now with us at 25.

He's also just came back from a lengthy lay off. 

Also not sure why he's being singled out. 

But then, we did get beat so everyone must be shite for one reason or another. 

But i never said he was shite did i? I just claimed he had 2 of the best attributes arguably in the league. I stated that had he struck the ball better against Talbot and Motherwell he could have had 2 goals and then said he doesn't score enough for the chances he creates. But you bash on with your blanket assesment of my post.

20 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Ver much this.if any team was trying to win it late on, it was us.

Naisy not blazing it over the bar and bit more on the header by Souttar, the game was won.

I posted on the "Demi" thread last week. Garrouchio puts in the odd dangerous tackle.

Today he paid for it, big style. And because of a GK that we wall suspected (no, change that  to "knew!) was an accident waiting to happen, we have all suffered.

9 minutes ago, sadj said:

Naismith missed essentially an open goal , Uche fell backwards shooting when it seemed easier to score , Mulraney hit a pinger that was blocked , Clare slid one past the post and there were a few others. Thats just the decent efforts/chances. Never mind the could of got shots away etc ones. 

Souttars header chance 2nd half the best of the lot, imo.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

But i never said he was shite did i? I just claimed he had 2 of the best attributes arguably in the league. I stated that had he struck the ball better against Talbot and Motherwell he could have had 2 goals and then said he doesn't score enough for the chances he creates. But you bash on with your blanket assesment of my post.

Probably just lacks match fitness then, he was out for 5 months. ?

3 hours ago, Barack said:

Is Hendricks back?

Seems like it.

Seems he's taken a book-keeping course since he was last here.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, El Diez said:

Yip, he made contact and should have scored 

14 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Difference today was that Motherwell attacked us and that gave us space to play when we had the ball. We are poor when teams come to Tynie and sit in and we don’t get that early goal. 

18 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think in reflection as Iv just said the nature of the loss is whats causing the spewing of vitriol in all directions. However I do think we played quite well today. We changed things when we needed to and got on top of them and really should of made the free kick irrelevant. That is my frustration and the goal itself was a gut punch iv not felt in a while. Did look like spin and wind kicked it up in an unexpected way but still feel Doyle will know he should of saved it. We also went for a win today and Keena looks very promising. First time iv seen us play someone since Velicka who isnt called Skacel or Naismith that i see and think yesss serious goal threat. 

Well - to start with our defence was poor. Not for the first time recently either.

2 minutes ago, jambali said:

Well - to start with our defence was poor. Not for the first time recently either.

Agree with this.

Shaugnessy won’t cut it and Berra is off it.

9 minutes ago, Olly Lee's left boot said:

Probably just lacks match fitness then, he was out for 5 months. ?

Sorry if i was snappy. Im so ****ing pissed off after watching today its unbelievable. Especially after going through last season to the 1/4 final and losing a last minute goal there aswell. Sick fed up of football tbh. 

27 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Wouldn’t argue that. More just the point that we had plenty of chances to be at least a couple goals ahead

20 minutes ago, jambali said:

Thats not even a response to a well reasoned position. 

19 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Agree with this.

Shaugnessy won’t cut it and Berra is off it.

Thing with Shaugnessy is everyone is clammering for Dikamona to be in. Dikamona has had some howlers this season too. Berra is definately not on the pace. You must see that yourself up at the Oriam nevermind in games. Dikamona has bought himself time with the Hins display after being ripped apart for games against Rangers and Livi. Hopefully Shaugnessy will come good aswell. Teams seem to be playing Souttar as if hes a holding midfielder maybe thats throwing the whole dynamic of the three off. CL also (apparently) said during the week that 4 is his preference when everyone is fit. Smith and Mitchell being out also limits our options and means theres no real competition for those places. 

Game should've been dead and buried before the mistake. Clare should've out in Djoum, Naismith should've at least hit the target from 3 yards, Uche header at the back post and Souttar's chance. They all need to take responsibility, it's not just on Doyle.

Actually thought we played well, and at least we are creating chances again. 

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thing with Shaugnessy is everyone is clammering for Dikamona to be in. Dikamona has had some howlers this season too. Berra is definately not on the pace. You must see that yourself up at the Oriam nevermind in games. Dikamona has bought himself time with the Hins display after being ripped apart for games against Rangers and Livi. Hopefully Shaugnessy will come good aswell. Teams seem to be playing Souttar as if hes a holding midfielder maybe thats throwing the whole dynamic of the three off. CL also (apparently) said during the week that 4 is his preference when everyone is fit. Smith and Mitchell being out also limits our options and means theres no real competition for those places. 

Dikamona went off injured after 25 mins against Livingston. He has had one abysmal 20 minute cameo off the bench against rangers and other than that has been pretty good. 

Bazzas right boot
28 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Sorry if i was snappy. Im so ****ing pissed off after watching today its unbelievable. Especially after going through last season to the 1/4 final and losing a last minute goal there aswell. Sick fed up of football tbh. 

Still allot to play for. 

Semi final of the sc beckons. 

3rd is still a realistic ambition. 

Back on it next week ?

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

From what I’ve seen of him, Shaugnessy isn’t good enough. Dikamona, whilst also capable of a brainfart is the better option.

I accept your point about the injuries to Smith and Mitchell hindering our options.

10 minutes ago, tokyowalnut said:

Game should've been dead and buried before the mistake. Clare should've out in Djoum, Naismith should've at least hit the target from 3 yards, Uche header at the back post and Souttar's chance. They all need to take responsibility, it's not just on Doyle.

Actually thought we played well, and at least we are creating chances again. 

But this is our problem. We aren’t thorough or clinical enough and to me we flit in and out the game far too often with some decent play. It’s all too rare.

We have too many players who lack staying power in one 90 minutes, never mind over a few matches. The concentration goes too easy. 

32 goals is a poor return for a Hearts team at this point in the season. The same style of football and set-up will continue to throw up today’s scenario now and again.

2 minutes ago, crusty1984 said:

Dikamona went off injured after 25 mins against Livingston. He has had one abysmal 20 minute cameo off the bench against rangers and other than that has been pretty good. 

1 minute ago, El Diez said:

From what I’ve seen of him, Shaugnessy isn’t good enough. Dikamona, whilst also capable of a brainfart is the better option.

I accept your point about the injuries to Smith and Mitchell hindering our options.

Shaugnessy def hasn’t hit the ground running as Dunne did. Dikamona iv no issue with but my opinion is he’s more grit n determination than a footballer. Certainly helped v Hibs. Berra looks uncomfy in every game just now the balance just isn’t right why we’ve all got opinions on i’m sure. Hopefully we can get a way to move back to CL’s preferred 4 and push on.