***Official Motherwell v Hearts Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Thunderstruck

Imagine going to Parkhead and being 1-0 up until the 86th minute and then losing 2-1 after keeper fumbles the ball into his own net in the 94th minute. 

Do you think that keeper would/should have played for Hearts again? 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Mikey1874

• iantjambo

• neilnunb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Don’t be a **** yes I understand the rules prob better than most. I just don’t think even though he lunged he was off the ground when he made contact wi the ball also the distance from the player when he was off the ground was in football terms a fair distance. Therefore I do not think it was a two footed dangerous red card challenge. Either way the thing is it was probably a foul that can’t be argued and it was that which cost us the game not the red.

I tend to agree with this, it was always going to be blown as a foul, watching the replay a few times I think the Red was harsh, it really would make little difference as it was a Free Kick, what a total blunder by Doyle costing us a well deserved point!

4 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Levein acknowledging it's a sending off in the post match interview. We will not be appealing. 

That's not what CL said. the BT panel interpreted CLs  lack of defence of the player as indication Hearts wouldn't appeal. 

The Bookkeeper
8 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Doyle blunder apart, anyone who thinks that was a good performance is deluded. 

The expectation levels of some are extremely low Bob. 

Only game that really matters in the next few weeks is Partick as the league season is once again an inconsistent shambles.

Since the bereak we've managed a frankly woeful 7pts from 15pts in games against Dundee, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock, Livingston and Motherwell scoring a truly atrocious SIX goals in those 5 games. I would suggest that tells you everything about this setup and this manager. Bang ****ing average and going nowhere. You can't win many football matches scoring as few goals as that! 

Edited by The Bookkeeper

Just now, gator said:

I tend to agree with this, it was always going to be blown as a foul, watching the replay a few times I think the Red was harsh, it really would make little difference as it was a Free Kick, what a total blunder by Doyle costing us a well deserved point!

Yup , I think we are all getting a bit caught up in red or not. Utterly irrelevant in the grand scheme. Was a free kick in a stupid place at a stupid time and Doyle undid every bit of good work he had done. Was funny watched Gillespie come and take a ball nearly at the 18yard line in the second half and was thinking i wouldnt trust Doyle or Zlamal to have done that.

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Very good performance ruined by a horror moment. Should have won that game confortably

Very good performance?  Did you even watch that?! A game full of schoolboy errors eventually settled by a schoolboy error.

A draw would have been fair and both teams will feel they had the chances to win it but we need to start getting the basics right.  The inability of so many of our players to kill a ball with their first touch or play a simple pass or even a simple clearance was embarrassing at times.

Can’t blame Levein though, thought he was positive with leaving Uche and Naismith on when Keena came on and even Soutar charging forward to near score on 83 minutes.  Ultimately though, even with all our big hitters back, we’re just not a very good football team.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

2 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Imagine going to Parkhead and being 1-0 up until the 86th minute and then losing 2-1 after keeper fumbles the ball into his own net in the 94th minute. 

Do you think that keeper would/should have played for Hearts again? 

Those are bad memories I would like to forget!

Arguably Berra was brought back from injury too soon and isn't 100% right and not doing himself or the club any favours by pushing on. He needs rested. Give Dikamona a good run in the team.

24 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No point biting. Anybody thinking we were playing only for a point in that game needs their head examined.

Gambo being a perfect example.

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Good for you. Go watch the 96 cup final. 

So one game against all the others where he was superb right you are then.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Don’t be a **** yes I understand the rules prob better than most. I just don’t think even though he lunged he was off the ground when he made contact wi the ball also the distance from the player when he was off the ground was in football terms a fair distance. Therefore I do not think it was a two footed dangerous red card challenge. Either way the thing is it was probably a foul that can’t be argued and it was that which cost us the game not the red.

That wasn’t aimed at you Sadj. Apologies. 15-20 years ago it’s a great tackle. Nowadays it’s a straight red. If one of his feet were planted it wouldn’t have been a foul. They are professional footballers, they should know the rules. There’s a zero tolerance policy on any tackle where a player has two feet off the ground. Some more lenient refs may have just booked him. Although it may look harsh the ref was within his rights to send him packing.

Just now, Morgan said:

:sadrobbo: Might just do that.  :wink: 

Lol im away to walk the dog and possibly just never come home after that gut punch ?

Jambosteve1902

Honestly have such a different few to today than most,  thought Doyle was excellant bar the goal but he's a travesty and needs dropped ASAP? not for me kept them out with a few great saves.  We looked as good for spells going forward as i remember in a while Uche getting back to speeds going to be huge. Please dont forget this was not an easy match today they're not dreadful at home they do what they do well and have some players of quality.  Start of the week we'd have been reasonably okay with a draw, and thinking Sheep and Huns would've won so we've gained a point on my expectations anyways. However for those who are "Were bang average going no where plonkers"  get a serious grip. Once Haring returns we're a different team again also, its a fact we'l be minimum 4th but in my view we'l still overtake Aberdeen. 

Frustrating end to the game but to be honest a club with our resources should not be holding out for a draw against the likes of Motherwell. Yet again Levein's tactics in the first half were suspect by placing Berra in a back 3 where he is not comfortable. How many times will we have to be beaten by smaller sides until the penny drops and it becomes clear that he is not the man to take the club forward? Defeats to Livingston, Dundee, St Mirren and now Motherwell are unacceptable. He has his full team back so has no more excuses. 

We have to stop playing Berra on left side,he is a great player but his pace and distribution is causing us lots of problems.

Completely Doyle’s fault that we lost the game but one of our major problems is that no one, apart from Naismith, looks capable of chipping in with a few goals. We are very toothless.

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

That wasn’t aimed at you Sadj. Apologies. 15-20 years ago it’s a great tackle. Nowadays it’s a straight red. If one of his feet were planted it wouldn’t have been a foul. They are professional footballers, they should know the rules. There’s a zero tolerance policy on any tackle where a player has two feet off the ground. Some more lenient refs may have just booked him. Although it may look harsh the ref was within his rights to send him packing.

No worries , if he’d booked him I’d have no arguments. As I said I just think though he lunged he was already on the ground when he made contact with the ball and I don’t think it was a dangerous challenge. Opinions though. As I said was a foul and that was what cost us the red is almost irrelevant

7 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Parking the sending off argument Garuccio is not good enough and neither are any of our other left backs. In the summer this needs addressed along with the keeper situation. 

Neither are any of our right backs

Just now, Jamboelite said:

So one game against all the others where he was superb right you are then.

You don't get the irony of the Doyle blunder do you. Stop biting mate. you just didn't get my p0int , along with  a few others. Right you are then, right enough.

28 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Hardly. Look at the stats. We gave it a right good go

Happy with a point comment aimed at those on here who beforehand thought a draw would be a good result.

We did play better and compete today, but it is a sorry state of affairs when just competing v Motherwell is something to cheer about.

We will though play worse this season and win (Kilmarnock).

Nelly Terraces
3 minutes ago, Boof said:

Great tackle - years ago.

Not so great nowadays. 

Aye, no complaints really. Pisses me off as I think the game has gone way too soft but it's red card all day long in this day & age 

NaturalOrder74

We’ve got Celtic coming up as well and could have done witth the points, things are looking very difficult to get a push for even 4th 

1 minute ago, Class of 75 said:

Frustrating end to the game but to be honest a club with our resources should not be holding out for a draw against the likes of Motherwell. Yet again Levein's tactics in the first half were suspect by placing Berra in a back 3 where he is not comfortable. How many times will we have to be beaten by smaller sides until the penny drops and it becomes clear that he is not the man to take the club forward? Defeats to Livingston, Dundee, St Mirren and now Motherwell are unacceptable. He has his full team back so has no more excuses. 

Holding out for a draw? This resources pish gets trotted out all the time. Its a ridiculous argument. Morherwell are flying 5wins in the league on the bounce before today. We were easily a match for them but missed the chances we created. Rangers drew with St Johnstone yesterday at Ibrox does that mean they should bin Gerrard? 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Missed the game due to work, how were we apart from the sticker punch?

Nothing special, had chances to win but so did they and Doyle had made couple of great saves before his howler. 

Thought we played well overall and a draw would have been a decent, if not spectacular result. We had plenty of chances to win the game. Naismith's miss was unreal.

Only a moment of unfathomable stupidity cost us a decent point. These things happen in football.

We've learned that Doyle and Shaughnessy are shite and need moving on. **** it. Bring on the next game.

Fozzyonthefence
8 minutes ago, Boof said:

Great tackle - years ago.

Not so great nowadays. 

True.  Wouldn’t even have been a foul years ago but now that’s a red or a yellow for all reds.   Doesn’t matter about the red anyway, it was the fact it was a foul that cost us a point.

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Thought we were good first half. Second half was scrappy both sides had good chances.

If I am really honest a draw was going to be far until Ben and Doyle show. 

Bozanic I thought was very good today and Mulraney 

We seemed to be getting torched down our left side on the counter, it got better with a back 4, I agree with many that Berra looks a shadow of himself before the injury, we had enough chances to win that, Doyle also made some outstanding saves before his shambolic blunder!

Jambosteve1902
1 minute ago, cosanostra said:

Thought we played well overall and a draw would have been a decent, if not spectacular result. We had plenty of chances to win the game. Naismith's miss was unreal.

Only a moment of unfathomable stupidity cost us a decent point. These things happen in football.

We've learned that Doyle and Shaughnessy are shite and need moving on. **** it. Bring on the next game.

Agree with that, we've played alot worse and won on several occasions this year and no one complains. our support and some of the folk on here are the reason i hardly ever post i just get really annoyed with the same shite from the same killjoys.

30 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

Doyle will get all the headlines but that was garbage all round from start to finish. Clare and Ikpeazu probably our two best performers, Berra by far and away the worst on the pitch. 

We should be doing far better with this group of players. 

Absolute and utter nonsense of a post. Was very good spells in the game from both teams. 

I agree on Clare and Ikpeazu. 

This was a tough tough game and I thought we did fairly well, it just didn’t go for us and you can’t account for mistakes like that. 

Edited by hearts00

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Decent enough mate , best performance in a while far more like esrly season. Missed a lot of chances we should of buried. Their first was piss poor from Berra on a counter attack , winner was a foul (forgetting the ins and outs of if its a red) and a shocker from Doyle. Naismiths goal was a peach of a finish. Draw would of been fair. Boz played well and we looked more fluent without Lee but we need to take chances that game was there to win and we lost it they didn’t win it

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

No, the 96 cup final, at Hampden.  

Gilles did redeem himself in 98 and was pivotal winning the cup that day.

Don't see this clown doing likewise