British IS schoolgirl wants to return home

AlphonseCapone

davemclaren
1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I didn’t expect any other outcome if she’s a British citizen.

Correct.  If there is sufficient evidence she has committed a crime she should be prosecuted on her return. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Jambo-Jimbo

• Governor Tarkin

• Unknown user

Ron Burgundy
34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Correct.  If there is sufficient evidence she has committed a crime she should be prosecuted on her return. 

Is hanging still an option for treason?

1 hour ago, Marty Byrde said:

She is looking to be treated fairly and decently, something which the unfortunate people found lacking in her Caliphate. A Caliphate she does not regret joining.

Point her in the direction of Bangladesh which is where her parents hail from, is where her Dad resides and is more culturally aligned with her faith and background, although, granted it can be difficult to distinguish between there and the East London of her youth.

I have no doubt she'll be awarded her British Citizenship again and her paedo husband will be over eventually.

I spent 9 months in Bangladesh between 2017/18. It is not a brilliant place. Especially down south where I was based. In saying that, the people I met were lovely. 

Jambo-Jimbo
2 hours ago, Angel eyes said:

All courtesy of the the British taxpayer they wii have to foot the bill for the court case if she gets back along with it will be UC plus a house the lot! yet hard working people due to no fault of there own has been made jobless and reliant on food banks but they’ll have to glory on. Mind she wanted away from Britain no fecking way should she be allowed back.

The legal bill & her up keep should be met by all the people who campaigned for her to return, not by the British taxpayer, whom the vast majority don't want the terrorist loving cow anywhere near these shores ever again.

Marty Byrde
2 hours ago, trotter said:

I spent 9 months in Bangladesh between 2017/18. It is not a brilliant place. Especially down south where I was based. In saying that, the people I met were lovely. 

Preferable to a Syrian refugee camp though I'd imagine.

Preferable to a UK jail?

:levein_interesting:

As soon as she's back no matter what happens after she will never be expelled.

The question I would ask is if the UK flat out refuses to have her who will force us?

5 minutes ago, Marty Byrde said:

Preferable to a UK jail?

The question I would ask is if the UK flat out refuses to have her who will force us?

I was staying in a place called Cox's Bazaar and it was grim. The UN have set up the main refugee camp there for the Rohingyan refugees fleeing over the border from Myanmar. Although we were in a pretty decent hotel (that overlooks the worlds second longest beach at 150 odd miles weirdly) looking out the window you could just see abject poverty everywhere you looked. I lost count of the number of dead bodies (human and animal) I saw just lying in the streets when we driving to and from the construction site I was working at. There is no local rubbish collection so it just piles up in the street for either random roving animals to eat or just to rot. The whole place had that overlying stink of decay. 

Back on topic though, whatever the outcome of her appeal, if she stays in the UK she will be watched by the authorities and/or hounded by the press/public for the rest of her life. Wouldn't surprise me if she was given a new identity (at taxpayers expense). That sticks in the craw, but we are a society that preaches the rule of law above all else to others. If something has been judged to have not followed due process, regardless of how heinous the crime, or how you personally feel about the case, then it must be addressed. If we don't follow our own rules, what right do we have to dictate to others?

Personally I think she should rot in that camp. Not only did she willingly join, she has had numerous opportunities to condemn ISIS and apologise for what she did, instead she doubled down and said things like the Manchester bombing was a fair response to what has been done to ISIS. But that's probably why i'm not in the legal profession.  

davemclaren
3 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Is hanging still an option for treason?

No. Is that what she is to be charged with?

I don’t want her to come back. I’d like laws to be introduced that anyone joining isis can loses their citizenship. 

Jambo-Jimbo
27 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I don’t want her to come back. I’d like laws to be introduced that anyone joining isis can loses their citizenship. 

My view is that if someone pledges allegiance to another country or state they are giving up their British citizenship.

Let's not forget, if the caliphate was still intact she'd still be there and happily be just another baby machine for the caliphate, the only reason she wanted to come 'home' was because it had all went pear shaped.

13 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My view is that if someone pledges allegiance to another country or state they are giving up their British citizenship.

Let's not forget, if the caliphate was still intact she'd still be there and happily be just another baby machine for the caliphate, the only reason she wanted to come 'home' was because it had all went pear shaped.

Exactly. 

Let her bloody rot.

18 hours ago, Marty Byrde said:

Preferable to a UK jail?

The UK is bound by a UN convention it signed up to under which no state can deliberately make a person stateless. AFAIK Bangladesh has said it will not grant her citizenship.

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So you are against people having dual citizenship then? Seems a little extreme to me

2 minutes ago, trotter said:

So you are against people having dual citizenship then? Seems a little extreme to me

Lots of countries don’t allow it. Just looked it up there and was quite surprised. 

Jambo-Jimbo
1 minute ago, trotter said:

So you presume to know what I'm for or against, ok then, bash on.

4 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

My view is that if someone pledges allegiance to another country or state they are giving up their British citizenship

Just now, Jambo-Jimbo said:

So you presume to know what I'm for or against, ok then, bash on.

Erm, didn't really have to do much presuming there...

Jambo-Jimbo
5 minutes ago, trotter said:

Erm, didn't really have to do much presuming there...

Well done :clap:

However you haven't pointed out where I said I was against dual nationality.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

1 minute ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well done :clap:

However you haven't pointed out where I said I was against dual nationality.

The bit about pledging allegience (not necessarily using those exact words) to another country is generally a core part of gaining citizenship of said country. 

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, trotter said:

The bit about pledging allegience (not necessarily using those exact words) to another country is generally a core part of gaining citizenship of said country. 

Still nothing about dual nationality though.

4 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Still nothing about dual nationality though.

You said people who pledge allegience to another country should lose their British citizenship. In order to get dual nationality you often have to do that very thing. The two are kind of intrinsically linked...

Jambo-Jimbo
Just now, trotter said:

You said people who pledge allegience to another country should lose their British citizenship. In order to get dual nationality you often have to do that very thing. The two are kind of intrinsically linked...

I said  "My view is that if someone pledges allegiance to another country or state they are giving up their British citizenship."

You say, I said they 'should lose', no I said they are 'giving up', completely different meaning from what you said.

11 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

I said  "My view is that if someone pledges allegiance to another country or state they are giving up their British citizenship."

You say, I said they 'should lose', no I said they are 'giving up', completely different meaning from what you said.

I quoted you wrong so apologies for that. But by your original statement in your opinion if someone was to gain citizenship of another country by pledging allegience to it that amounts to 'giving up' their British one?

Jambo-Jimbo
11 minutes ago, trotter said:

I quoted you wrong so apologies for that. But by your original statement in your opinion if someone was to gain citizenship of another country by pledging allegience to it that amounts to 'giving up' their British one?

Exactly, which means they don't have dual nationality.

But we'll just have to agree to disagree on this, as we are just going around in circles.

You can't make anyone stateless.

It's illegal under international law.

This has always been the case.

The UK govt has been delaying this case as long as possible to score political points.

At the cost of an innocent life.

She'll be brought back here, prosecuted for membership of a banned organisation then slung in jail.

This should have been done ages ago.

Could have saved the wean.

Edited by Cade

Whether you like it or not she is English.

A UK citizen.

She should be held accountable by us in the absence of anyone else.

She went along with some hellish atrocities but there is still a part of me who thinks she was 15 .

Stupid naive .

Anyway she is our responsibility so morally this country should deal with her.

I'm pretty sure she was implicated/named as one of several women who ruled the area she lived in thru fear and strict adherence to Islam (or their version of it). She is far from the innocent she will no doubt be portrayed as (IMO). 

I dont particularly want her back,  but when she does land on UK soil she should be immediately detained under the terrorist act and tried accordingly. 

I suppose that's the benefit of living in a so called civilised country with rights and laws instead of a caliphate or desert camp; even the vilest of UK citizens are entitled to them. 

How hypocritical that the way of life and freedom she fought against is the very thing she will rely on when she gets back. 

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Discrete bullet to the head. I personally wouldnt lose any sleep.

I said this to my wife this morning, it's a toss up between her and Ghislaine Maxwell as to who will get ot first, I'll loose no  sleep either.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Discrete bullet to the head. I personally wouldnt lose any sleep.

Perhaps she will suffer an Epstein.

Jambo-Jimbo
14 minutes ago, Vansen said:

I'm pretty sure she was implicated/named as one of several women who ruled the area she lived in thru fear and strict adherence to Islam (or their version of it). She is far from the innocent she will no doubt be portrayed as (IMO). 

I dont particularly want her back,  but when she does land on UK soil she should be immediately detained under the terrorist act and tried accordingly. 

I suppose that's the benefit of living in a so called civilised country with rights and laws instead of a caliphate or desert camp; even the vilest of UK citizens are entitled to them. 

How hypocritical that the way of life and freedom she fought against is the very thing she will rely on when she gets back. 

Quite a few rumours about her.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/shamima-begum-was-enforcer-in-isis-s-morality-police-squad-a4117501.html

Besides, there is something disturbing about anyone who thinks it's normal to see decapitated heads in bins and to not be repulsed by the sight.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

Tommy Brown

Noticed on the news last night that she has ditched the burqa and is now wearing western clothes (blouse and jeans).

SpruceBringsteen

I'm sure this has been mentioned before because The Shed is a renowned hotbed of tolerance, but it's interesting that this teenage lassie knew exactly what she was doing, yet the white teenage girls groomed by Muslim gangs are helpless victims.

3 hours ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Exactly, which means they don't have dual nationality.

But we'll just have to agree to disagree on this, as we are just going around in circles.

Fair enough. Didn't mean to come across as on the attack earlier so apologies if it did. Just didn't quite understand what I thought was a sweeping statement. 👍

57 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

I'm sure this has been mentioned before because The Shed is a renowned hotbed of tolerance, but it's interesting that this teenage lassie knew exactly what she was doing, yet the white teenage girls groomed by Muslim gangs are helpless victims.

:interehjrling:

Jambo-Jimbo
27 minutes ago, trotter said:

Fair enough. Didn't mean to come across as on the attack earlier so apologies if it did. Just didn't quite understand what I thought was a sweeping statement. 👍

👍

1 hour ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

So say that you think she’s a victim or that the girls groomed by gangs are not victims. All about opinions so let’s hear yours. 

2 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Not the same thing. Grooming gangs don't tell the girls being groomed what they're in for. All they know is that it's a party, drink, drugs, whatever. Then it proceeds from there. You think Jeffery Epsteins victims knew what they were in for?

On the other hand this girl knew exactly what she was doing. Joining up with a terrorist group who were enemies of the nation that had nurtured her. That's all that was on offer and it was unambiguous.

The way I see it allowing her to come back would open the gates to any number of Jihadis to return. There have to be limits to our tolerance when it comes to the security of the nation. She crossed a line of no return.

Edited by JFK-1

3 minutes ago, JFK-1 said:

Not the same thing. Grooming gangs don't tell the girls being groomed what they're in for. All they know is that it's a party, drink, drugs, whatever. Then it proceeds from there. You think Jeffery Epsteins victims knew what they were in for?

On the other hand this girl knew exactly what she was doing. Joining up with a terrorist group who were enemies of the nation that had nurtured her. That's all that was on offer and it was unambiguous.

The way I see it allowing her to come back would open the gates to any number of Jihadis to return. There have to be limits to our tolerance when it comes to the security of the nation. She crossed a line of no return.

Excelent post.

2 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I said this to my wife this morning, it's a toss up between her and Ghislaine Maxwell as to who will get ot first, I'll loose no  sleep either.

Have you thought about marriage counseling?

2 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Have you thought about marriage counseling?

No, why? 

5 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

@Dawnrazor

Sorry, misread your post.

Probably should have added a smile too

😉

🤣 just winding you up, it's psychiatric held my my should be getting!!

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

🤣 just winding you up, it's psychiatric held my my should be getting!!

Oops 😂, I walked into that one, let's call it a draw.

3 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Oops 😂, I walked into that one, let's call it a draw.

😁👍

jack D and coke
4 hours ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Young girls mostly from broken homes getting groomed, fed booze and drugs and passed around adult (mostly Muslim) men, in some cases being threatened and made to have abortions etc is the same as a girl voluntarily leaving this country to go and live in the Stone Age seeing and seeing severed heads lying around and wishing death on the west?

This is the same?

indianajones

Heard the 'it's cause she's a black woman' remarks on the radio earlier from some militant social justice warrior sounding woman. 

Jesus wept. 

Francis Albert

Telegraph for me got this about right. It said withdrawal.of citizenship is a dangerous precedent and since this girl was radicalized in the UK and the UK allowed her to leave to join the jihadists it was the UK's responsibility to deal with her not say Pakistan simply because her father came from there,  and we are bound by international law not to leave a person stateless. However the UK should urgently  tighten its laws to allow it to.prosecute its citizens who go off to join and support  terrorist organisations abroad.

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Telegraph for me got this about right. It said withdrawal.of citizenship is a dangerous precedent and since this girl was radicalized in the UK and the UK allowed her to leave to join the jihadists it was the UK's responsibility to deal with her not say Pakistan simply because her father came from there,  and we are bound by international law not to leave a person stateless. However the UK should urgently  tighten its laws to allow it to.prosecute its citizens who go off to join and support  terrorist organisations abroad.

Or sort out some kind of ESTA for people leaving.