Michael Stewart

Phil Dunphy

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

All 4 were or are good defenders but to pick any of them ahead of Levein... you serious?

The other guy was saying they were better. Levein was in a different class.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bridge of Djoum

• Mikey1874

• Pasquale for King

• wavydavy

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah. I wonder. 

Will bool eyes even bring it up ? 

I think we know the answer to that one. 

I think MS would rather quit the BBC than apologize, (correctly) to Mr Levein.

Should be made to stand in his pants and call Mr Levein ''Sir'' as he says sorry.

10 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

I think MS would rather quit the BBC than apologize, (correctly) to Mr Levein.

Should be made to stand in his pants and call Mr Levein ''Sir'' as he says sorry.

He'd probably love that tbh.

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah they played together for a few years, I did rate him just not as highly as some.

From memory McLaren was a right back with Levein and Big Dave MacPherson / Graeme Hogg as the central defence. I was just young so excuse my memory. Levein MacPherson what a pairing. Defence truly was solid as the old castle rock back then. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

From memory McLaren was a right back with Levein and Big Dave MacPherson / Graeme Hogg as the central defence. I was just young so excuse my memory. Levein MacPherson what a pairing. Defence truly was solid as the old castle rock back then. 

Slim switched to RB. Mind his Bambi-esque jaunts up the park, playing a 1-2 before inevitably losing the ball. Great memory.

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Indeed.

Someone earlier used the term ''petulant'' A word that perfectly sums up that ****. Also, a trait he has taken to his ''pundit'' career. I mind the time Tom English handed him his arse, I think it was regarding the Michael O'Neill/Scotland manager fiasco. All Stewart did was get angrier and louder, shouting over TE at every opportunity. His cries of ''how'' how'' when he meant, ''why'' will long live with me. It was akin to listening to a child asking why he had to be in by half 7 for his bath. 

MS is a weapons grade fud. Close the ****** thread. 

:spoton:

8 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Slim switched to RB. Mind his Bambi-esque jaunts up the park, playing a 1-2 before inevitably losing the ball. Great memory.

Remember his runs from defence well looked like a world class player till he hit the half way line then he got a nose bleed. Big Dave was a hero to me back then. Not many as good as he was back in the day. I’d take him in the team now in his prime. 

Bridge of Djoum
Just now, spirt of 98 said:

Remember his runs from defence well looked like a world class player till he hit the half way line then he got a nose bleed. Big Dave was a hero to me back then. Not many as good as he was back in the day. I’d take him in the team now in his prime. 

Brilliant! Yep, that's my exact memory. Cracking guy, too. Met him a few times in the West End in the day. Lovely big guy.

Difference between Levein and MS is that Man U wanted to sign Levein for the first team until he was injured. Man U just wanted to off load MS from their reserve books as he is single fish and could never make it down south. He’s a wee splash from Corstorphine who thinks he’s a big shit cause he cleaned the boot room at Old Trafford. F.... Off MS. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nothing said about the spat on Sportscene.  

Nothing said about our second goal either. 

Quality analysis of the game. ?

Also, for such an intellectual, he hasn't quite grasped the difference between 'should have' and 'should of'. 

Edited by Alma Matters

3 minutes ago, Alma Matters said:

They didn’t show Djoum’s class wee back heel through the defenders legs as well.

Felt like they absolutely rattled through our game.

A word or two from the commentator about it being foundation of Hearts day would have been welcomed, also.

I’d have thought the biggest fan movement in Scottish footballing history would be worthy of comment.

Obviously not.

Still maintain its a Hearts hating ***** that edits it.

MS saying Godinho ‘could of’ done better with his chance in the first half. ?

Moron. 

Edited by Rudolf

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Nothing said about the spat on Sportscene.  

Anything about Lennons treatment of players and Levein's? 

1 minute ago, Rudolf said:

Moron. 

Thats a tough one looked like he mistimed his jump but wasn’t an easy one. If that was a striker maybe fair comment. RB (unless CP) maybe not

2 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

MS saying Godinho ‘could of’ done better with his chance?

Moron. 

Could've. I think you're nit picking Rudolf. 

9 minutes ago, Squirt said:

They didn’t show Djoum’s class wee back heel through the defenders legs as well.

Felt like they absolutely rattled through our game.

I got the impression from MS puss he’d been told to keep off Levein, very brief description of game and no review of second goal which was a great build up, four man move and lovely finish.

Very  strange

6 minutes ago, dode said:

I got the impression from MS puss he’d been told to keep off Levein, very brief description of game and no review of second goal which was a great build up, four man move and lovely finish.

Very  strange

Yes.

They've always discussed it when something has been said. 

12 minutes ago, sadj said:

Thats a tough one looked like he mistimed his jump but wasn’t an easy one. If that was a striker maybe fair comment. RB (unless CP) maybe not

It was his grammar that I found amusing given he pretends to be intelligent. 

7 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

In Tomorrow's Kickback...

Read my thread on why Husref Musemic was a better striker than John Robertson..

Also, ''John Colquhoun...''Why I knew my Hearts career was over when we signed Kevin Twaddle''.

Was John Colquhoun not quoted as saying “ I knew my Hearts career was over when I was replaced by an Olso postman ( Eskillson )”

24 minutes ago, El Diez said:

A word or two from the commentator about it being foundation of Hearts day would have been welcomed, also.

I’d have thought the biggest fan movement in Scottish footballing history would be worthy of comment.

Obviously not.

Still maintain its a Hearts hating ***** that edits it.

Absolutely spot on. An absolute disgrace that they never mentioned FOH day, but that just doesn’t suit their agenda. An absolute sham of a program and folk that run it. Makes my blood boil that we pay their wages

9 hours ago, Jlv2004 said:

McLaren was the best man marker I've seen in a Hearts shirt.

(Honourable mention for Jimmy Sandison too).

One of the best I’ve ever seen, period.

In his first game for Scotland, he was opposite Roberto Baggio in his pomp, and marked him completely out of the game. Baggio barely touched the ball.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Sportscene. 

Sky plus and fast forward over Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum and the Honey Monsters boy

2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

The other guy was saying they were better. Levein was in a different class.

I know!  I'll have some of what he was smoking.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

40th anniversary in March for the tartan Tories, when they did a DUP and supported Thatcher which gave Scotland 18 years of right wing government.

More revisionist history ?.

Reas this, you might learn something.

https://www.commonspace.scot/articles/789/march-1979-what-really-happened-when-the-snp-brought-down-a-minority-labour-government

1 hour ago, Doc Rob said:

One of the best I’ve ever seen, period.

In his first game for Scotland, he was opposite Roberto Baggio in his pomp, and marked him completely out of the game. Baggio barely touched the ball.

Yes I was there. Fantastic performance. 

2 hours ago, Alma Matters said:

Also, for such an intellectual, he hasn't quite grasped the difference between 'should have' and 'should of'. 

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Moron. 

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

He said could of. Clearly. 

He’s a moron. 

I've made this point on several occasions. I also knew someone would be along to tell you both you were wrong.

He's an imbecile.

2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Moron. 

Levein said the same thing post-match.......

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Absolutely spot on. An absolute disgrace that they never mentioned FOH day, but that just doesn’t suit their agenda. An absolute sham of a program and folk that run it. Makes my blood boil that we pay their wages

FoH has to be the most successful grassroots fan movement in European football. I can't think of another one as successful. It's a major Scottish football good news story that isn't celebrated nearly enough in our own country. And it's not like it was an easy thing to do.If it was, other clubs that have had difficulties recently , like D Utd, Hibs and Rangers, would have copied the model.

But our journalists and pundits prefer to focus on the entirely media-created image of Craig Levein as Scottish football's pantomime villain. Bunch of children.

10 minutes ago, Darren said:

I've made this point on several occasions. I also knew someone would be along to tell you both you were wrong.

He's an imbecile.

Are the people going on about MS saying "could of" not from Scotland? Because he's very clearly saying "could've" etc which in a Scottish accent sounds like "could of".

2 hours ago, Rudolf said:

Moron. 

Can't stand the men but "could've" is a common colloquial way of saying "could have."  If it's written "could of," there is no excuse.

Anyway, it was good to see him on Sportscene speaking through gritted teeth and, did you notice no recap of the 2nd goal!!!   Young Calum would be right to be annoyed about that but, I suppose it wouldn't do for MS's script to have to comment on two academy products scoring goals.

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Are the people going on about MS saying "could of" not from Scotland? Because he's very clearly saying "could've" etc which in a Scottish accent sounds like "could of".

Just now, colinmaroon said:

Can't stand the men but "could've" is a common colloquial way of saying "could have."  If it's written "could of," there is no excuse.

Anyway, it was good to see him on Sportscene speaking through gritted teeth and, did you notice no recap of the 2nd goal!!!   Young Calum would be right to be annoyed about that but, I suppose it wouldn't do for MS's script to have to comment on two academy products scoring goals.

He's very clearly saying "could of". It's also how he writes it.

1 minute ago, Darren said:

Not such a clever dick, is he then?

Edited by colinmaroon

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Yes we had a strong defence back then, i remember one game we beat Celtic 3:1 at home with CL scoring with Mcogersin sweeping between the Maclaren and CL. 

4 minutes ago, Darren said:

This is obviously the most stupid argument of all the stupid arguments on here but where has he written this? I searched his Twitter feed and it's not there. If it's his columns then that's as much down to the subs as him. I'm not a fan but he's saying "could've" like everyone does in Scotland.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

This is obviously the most stupid argument of all the stupid arguments on here but where has he written this? I searched his Twitter feed and it's not there. If it's his columns then that's as much down to the subs as him. I'm not a fan but he's saying "could've" like everyone does in Scotland.

He used to do it on Twitter, he seems to have educated himself on that one. Obviously it doesn't appear in any articles he writes.

Michael Stewart's enunciation makes it clear he's saying "could of". He regularly misuses words. It's not stretching the limits of imagination to suggest he might be stupid enough to say "could of" rather than "could've".

5 minutes ago, Darren said:

He used to do it on Twitter, he seems to have educated himself on that one. Obviously it doesn't appear in any articles he writes.

Michael Stewart's enunciation makes it clear he's saying "could of". He regularly misuses words. It's not stretching the limits of imagination to suggest he might be stupid enough to say "could of" rather than "could've".

Nevermind

Edited by Guest

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

I literally searched his entire feed from when he joined as it's easy and takes seconds. Seems to me people are making fun of the Scottish non public school accent here. We say lots of things very differently from other English speakers, it's not a sign of a lack of education.

:lol:

Football forums are traditionally full of upper class, privately educated people, right enough. I must remember to tell Farquhar and Tarquin about this the next time I'm at the private members' club.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

levein post-injury (the first one) was "rubbish" compared to levein pre-injury

levein post-injury was one of the best defenders in Scotland

(and a shadow of the player he might have been)

55 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes we had a strong defence back then, i remember one game we beat Celtic 3:1 at home with CL scoring with Mcogersin sweeping between the Maclaren and CL. 

Where/when did we sign Mcogersin?

On a thread where folk are ripping Ms for his spelling too.  :facepalm:

Don't know why you deeted this as It's true.

When I say it it sounds like could'uv and should'uv and I'm a right clever barstard without a private educaishun.

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

Totally agree.

Up to a point.

It can be said, in the Scottish accent, to sound like ‘could have’’.

However, it’s the morons who actually type/write ‘could of’ that are in the wrong.  So wrong.

18 minutes ago, graygo said:

Where/when did we sign Mcogersin?

On a thread where folk are ripping Ms for his spelling too.  :facepalm:

You missed ‘the Maclaren’.  :lol: 

1 hour ago, ToqueJambo said:

FoH has to be the most successful grassroots fan movement in European football. I can't think of another one as successful. It's a major Scottish football good news story that isn't celebrated nearly enough in our own country. And it's not like it was an easy thing to do.If it was, other clubs that have had difficulties recently , like D Utd, Hibs and Rangers, would have copied the model.

But our journalists and pundits prefer to focus on the entirely media-created image of Craig Levein as Scottish football's pantomime villain. Bunch of children.

At the plot ceremony today it was mentioned that we are the most successful of any such fan subscription schemes in the UK, and indeed FoH receive calls from many other clubs asking for advice on how to go about setting up similar fan subscription schemes.

21 minutes ago, graygo said:

Don't know why you deleted this as It's true.

When I say it it sounds like could'uv and should'uv and I'm a right clever barstard without a private educaishun.

Forgot to add this to my post above.

Capture.JPG