Vanecek

gashauskis9

21 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ll put the word into my friend Ann Park and see if she can make it happen. She’s always got time for my wee girl and made a fuss of her when she won the Hearts under 13’s player of the year. I’ve sponsored his home strip so will get it at the end of the season if I don’t get it after the livi game. 

Really enjoyed following this thread @Saughton Jambo

Great work

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SMJ_1874

• jamboinglasgow

• CloustonHMFC

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

jamboinglasgow
37 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ll put the word into my friend Ann Park and see if she can make it happen. She’s always got time for my wee girl and made a fuss of her when she won the Hearts under 13’s player of the year. I’ve sponsored his home strip so will get it at the end of the season if I don’t get it after the livi game. 

Must be pleasing to have a child who plays for Hearts. Hope she makes it to the first team and captains the club. I am interested to see what the club are doing with the Ladies side of the club after Ann Budge talked about a large investment into it and incorporating the girls youth teams into the academy at the AGM.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Must be pleasing to have a child who plays for Hearts. Hope she makes it to the first team and captains the club. I am interested to see what the club are doing with the Ladies side of the club after Ann Budge talked about a large investment into it and incorporating the girls youth teams into the academy.

The investment into girls/women’s football is a very clever business move by AB. This will attract more fans and in turn will ensure additional revenues for the club. Women’s football is now massive and more and more females are going to games than ever before. The investment into women’s football will eventually give the club added exposure and will attract future investors. She already ensures that Tynecastle is not just a 90 minute operation on a Saturday. We already have the nursery, the fans bar and I’m sure we may even see one in the wheatfield in future  if bar 1874 is a success. Space can be made when the changing rooms switch over. The catering is already in-house and all the good reason for people to spend their money in-house as all profits go to the club. We are a business and have been structured as such to ensure that even during the off season , the club will continue to generate an income. Never a truer saying than needing to speculate to accumulate. Good things are on the Horizon for our club. 

HHGH ??

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

The investment into girls/women’s football is a very clever business move by AB. This will attract more fans and in turn will ensure additional revenues for the club. Women’s football is now massive and more and more females are going to games than ever before. The investment into women’s football will eventually give the club added exposure and will attract future investors. She already ensures that Tynecastle is not just a 90 minute operation on a Saturday. We already have the nursery, the fans bar and I’m sure we may even see one in the wheatfield in future  if bar 1874 is a success. Space can be made when the changing rooms switch over. The catering is already in-house and all the good reason for people to spend their money in-house as all profits go to the club. We are a business and have been structured as such to ensure that even during the off season , the club will continue to generate an income. Never a truer saying than needing to speculate to accumulate. Good things are on the Horizon for our club. 

HHGH ??

Would agree with you on that. I know some scoff at womens football but as you say it can attract more and more people and new opportunities. With the right investment we can make it one of the best clubs in the country. Also think its clever getting the girls teams run under the academy, as our aim is for the best academy for the men side in Scotland then using same coaching, organisation, video analysis etc for the girls puts us way in front of rivals.

Also agree the increase in year round income puts us in a strong position.

And (to bring it on topic) signing Vanecek will hopefully show this great work at the club.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

HHGH ??

I'd question how many more fans a woman's team will attract, and how much extra exposure and investment it would really bring tbh

11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'd question how many more fans a woman's team will attract, and how much extra exposure and investment it would really bring tbh

It’s not about  attracting more fans to watch woman’s football. It’s about attracting parents and their families to watch Hearts after having their kids playing for the youth teams. Loads of parents and kids go to watch the first team after watching their kids play on a Saturday and Sunday morning. Once the kids and their families buy into the concept that is Heart of Midlothian FC then some of them are happy to put their hands in their pockets for our club. It’s all about business and exposure for our club. I really don’t think there’s a niche market yet for having thousands of fans turn up and watch ladies football but you never know what’ll happen with the ladies first team in future. Promotion to the top league will help and In turn the investment will help get them there. I’m sure AB has thought this through before she made her investment though. 

Theres a reason she’s a shrewd cookie! 

Edited by Saughton Jambo

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

It’s not attracting more fans to watch woman’s football. It’s about attracting parebta and their families to watch Hearts after having their kids playing for the youth teams. Loads of parents and kids go to watch the first team after watching their kids play on a Saturday and Sunday morning. Once the kids and their families buy into the concept that is Heart of Midlothian FC then some of them are happy to put their hands in their pockets for our club. 

I'd still question how many it's likely to attract, I'm not aware of any significant fan increases at other clubs because of women's teams. 

I'm kind of on the fence about it, on one hand I do think it's important that we're a club that cares about the young and old, male and female in our community, but on the other I can only see it being a financial drain.

Edited by Smithee

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'd still question how many it's likely to attract, I'm not aware of any significant fan increases at other clubs because of women's teams. 

I'm kind of on the fence about it, on one hand I do think it's important that we're a club that cares about the young and old, male and female in our community, but on the other day I can only see it being a financial drain.

Any investment isn’t a get rich quick scheme. The American and English markets do very well and I’m sure the blueprint will be copied over here. All investments take time to come to fruition. 

Was always told a strict lesson in business many years ago,  namely “tall oaks grow from small acorns” and “you only nurture the trees that will bear you fruit” I’ve always applied the same mantra to my own ethos. Perhaps too early to make a judgment call just now but so far, all Ann’s business decisions seem pretty much on the money! 

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm kind of on the fence about it, on one hand I do think it's important that we're a club that cares about the young and old, male and female in our community, but on the other I can only see it being a financial drain.

It could be that it also attracts new sponsors and benefactors to the club who are more likely to invest if we have a good and strong womens club as well as the mens side.

Unknown user
3 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

Any investment isn’t a get rich quick scheme. The American and English markets do very well and I’m sure the blueprint will be copied over here. All investments take time to come to fruition. 

Was always told a strict lesson in business many years ago,  namely “tall oaks grow from small acorns” and “you only nurture the trees that will bear you fruit” I’ve always applied the same mantra to my own ethos. Perhaps too early to make a judgment call just now but so far, all Ann’s business decisions seem pretty much on the money! 

We exist to have a team in the Scottish professional system though, not to make speculative business moves.

I'd say there's a decent argument to be made in terms of community, but the speculative business argument is pretty weak. 

39 minutes ago, kimosavi said:

Change thread mods Please to 

The Saughton Jambo Appreciation Thread

Well played me old son,  well played 

???

Unknown user
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It could be that it also attracts new sponsors and benefactors to the club who are more likely to invest if we have a good and strong womens club as well as the mens side.

It could be, but then again maybe not. I mean, are there many examples of this happening? All I've ever heard of is clubs closing their women's teams down because of the drain.

I'm not saying it's something we shouldn't do, I'm not sure where I stand on it, but the business argument doesn't have much evidence behind it for me. 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

We exist to have a team in the Scottish professional system though, not to make speculative business moves.

I'd say there's a decent argument to be made in terms of community, but the speculative business argument is pretty weak. 

This is true to an extent but without a profitable business, then there’s no return in which to invest in the first team. We need profit to attract better players like the calibre of Naismith and Berra etc. From the published accounts it is now well known we have a secret benefactor who is a friend of AB’s, who’s money helped pay KL’s wages, and without it he wouldn’t have signed. When we signed KL, we got him for nothing and sold him for £700k pure profit, which in turn was invested into the pitch and and new stand and helped buy future signings.  KL was only signed to be sold on...and that was purely a business decision. Same reasons behind Sean Clare. I wouldn’t doubt AB’s business decisions to date and will reserve judgement on her investment into ladies football. 

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Well done Saughton!!! Great work

Can't believe we've also brought in Ji Sung Park ???

True. That's definitely him. Quite a coup

Excellent work SJ and Ms S J. If he turns out to be a ledge you’ve pure got bragging rights. 

Youve gone above and beyond here 

1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

This is true to an extent but without a profitable business, then there’s no return in which to invest in the first team. We need profit to attract better players like the calibre of Naismith and Berra etc. From the published accounts it is now well known we have a secret benefactor who is a friend of AB’s, who’s money helped pay KL’s wages, and without it he wouldn’t have signed. When we signed KL, we got him for nothing and sold him for £700k pure profit, which in turn was invested into the pitch and and new stand and helped buy future signings.  KL was only signed to be sold on...and that was purely a business decision. Same reasons behind Sean Clare. I wouldn’t doubt AB’s business decisions to date and will reserve judgement on her investment into ladies football. 

at a time where some clubs are cutting back on youth teams(which does prove to be beneficial to their senior team)putting money into a female system that obviously will never benefit the club makes not much sense at all to me.if its self financing through sponsorship or benefactors thats fair enough.

Unknown user
1 hour ago, Saughton Jambo said:

That's fine but it would be a mistake for any of us to think she's infallible and not scrutinise what the club do. As an obvious example, it's clear that we've got away with a multi million overspend on the stand because of the goodwill of our mystery benefactor rather then good judgement.

Player trading with a view to making profit seems reasonable, something I'd expect us to do as part of the core business- starting a women's team not so much, and I don't buy the argument it'll make us money. 

As I say, I do get why it's a positive thing, I just don't think the business argument stands up to scrutiny. 

But nice one for today and glad your lassie got her moment!

5 hours ago, Smithee said:

That's fine but it would be a mistake for any of us to think she's infallible and not scrutinise what the club do. As an obvious example, it's clear that we've got away with a multi million overspend on the stand because of the goodwill of our mystery benefactor rather then good judgement.

Player trading with a view to making profit seems reasonable, something I'd expect us to do as part of the core business- starting a women's team not so much, and I don't buy the argument it'll make us money. 

As I say, I do get why it's a positive thing, I just don't think the business argument stands up to scrutiny. 

But nice one for today and glad your lassie got her moment!

I suspect that Ann had prior knowledge of the benefactor cash before deciding to upgrade the plans for the new stand. She is way too smart to have overspent without knowing she could cover it. 

18 minutes ago, Homme said:

Back to the airport today Saughton?

Full squad should be there if they haven't already left!

Tomorrow 

Unknown user
3 hours ago, km7bhf said:

I suspect that Ann had prior knowledge of the benefactor cash before deciding to upgrade the plans for the new stand. She is way too smart to have overspent without knowing she could cover it. 

We completely underestimated the time and cost mate. I'm not slagging, none of us have built a stand before and I'm happy with what we've got, but mistakes were definitely made - it was meant to cost 11 million and be completely ready in a few months, we're now looking at 15 million, we sacked the architect, we've had to change the toilet layout, appointed an inexperienced project manager that forgot to order seats, the skyline view isn't what was planned and large parts are still empty and being worked on way after it was meant to be finished.

Again, I'm not slagging, but we shouldn't turn off or critical faculties and have blind faith just because she's a good guy, means well and we got away with it.

48 minutes ago, Homme said:

Back to the airport today Saughton?

Full squad should be there if they haven't already left!

I’ll need to change my name from saughton Jambo to saughton stalker if I do go ?

24 minutes ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

SJ you seem like a top guy :thumbsup: 

Great thread.

FAther of the year and still only January. ?

scott herbertson
54 minutes ago, Saughton Jambo said:

I’ll need to change my name from saughton Jambo to saughton stalker if I do go ?

Turnhouse Jambo?

With the greatest respect to SJ and his daughter for their sterling work at the airport, when will we see the official scarf above the napper photo?

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Smithee said:

We completely underestimated the time and cost mate. I'm not slagging, none of us have built a stand before and I'm happy with what we've got, but mistakes were definitely made - it was meant to cost 11 million and be completely ready in a few months, we're now looking at 15 million, we sacked the architect, we've had to change the toilet layout, appointed an inexperienced project manager that forgot to order seats, the skyline view isn't what was planned and large parts are still empty and being worked on way after it was meant to be finished.

Again, I'm not slagging, but we shouldn't turn off or critical faculties and have blind faith just because she's a good guy, means well and we got away with it.

Cripes! Sounds like a public sector project. :facepalm:

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Can’t wait for him to go one game without scoring and folk to get on his back straight away. 

❤️

Can you? How strange - I on the other hand can't wait for him banging in the goals and becoming a Legend!

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Can you? How strange - I on the other hand can't wait for him banging in the goals and becoming a Legend!

I’m looking forward to seeing him, finally, in a Hearts shirt and to see what he can bring to the team. 

I’m just completely aware of what a large portion of the Hearts support are like. Impatient. 

I don’t recall this sort of hype for a player in a long long time !!!

I hope he he lives up to expectations......I can’t wait to see him in action.

Absolute Scenes

Wearing number 32 I believe

strange number considering I think he’ll be a regular but he’s maybe chosen it himself

regardless, welcome big sexy Czechy Davie 

Absolute Scenes
2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I’m looking forward to seeing him, finally, in a Hearts shirt and to see what he can bring to the team. 

I’m just completely aware of what a large portion of the Hearts support are like. Impatient

*Imbeciles 

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Wearing number 32 I believe

strange number considering I think he’ll be a regular but he’s maybe chosen it himself

regardless, welcome big sexy Czechy Davie 

Give him Clare's No 9 shirt.............

6 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

1.07 goals per game very Skacel esk. I’ve got a feeling that this boy might become a hero. 

BD6AFFA8-909A-4096-9860-698265AC2F77.png

Those stats aren’t correct.

42 minutes ago, kila said:

Excited too see Dave in Maroon! Hopefully start flying in 2019. A win in Scottish followed by a win over Dundee would be a great start!

The 27-year-old arrives at Tynecastle on an 18-month deal with an option to extend, after his contract at Czech First League side FK Teplice expired.

Very good news.