Vanecek

gashauskis9

36 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I don’t recall this sort of hype for a player in a long long time !!!

I hope he he lives up to expectations......I can’t wait to see him in action.

Juwon Oshinawa??

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SMJ_1874

• jamboinglasgow

• CloustonHMFC

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, 8skacel8 said:

The 27-year-old arrives at Tynecastle on an 18-month deal with an option to extend, after his contract at Czech First League side FK Teplice expired.

Very good news.

That's the key bit 

Looks like an old fashioned centre forward type

Fxxx the SPFL
44 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Wearing number 32 I believe

strange number considering I think he’ll be a regular but he’s maybe chosen it himself

regardless, welcome big sexy Czechy Davie 

32 games before he scores

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Beslija   :jj_facepalm:

Oh don't 

Looks the part from the clips I've watched. Him and Uche together up front will be quite the handful for teams to deal with. 

Pieces are coming together 

Not intending to be negative but is anyone a little concerned about the 18 month deal being a bit too short? We'll be sweating about losing him on a free if he does well this time next year..

1 minute ago, OTT said:

Not intending to be negative but is anyone a little concerned about the 18 month deal being a bit too short? We'll be sweating about losing him on a free if he does well this time next year..

I think it's just right.Better than being stuck with a player for 3years who does absolutely nothing.If he's still enamoured with us in 18months & banging in goals then we can offer him an extension. 

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

We have the option to extend the contract.

Re woman’s football - it’s clear as day that it is being integrated into the mainstream.

more club teams, female ex-players as pundits or summarising on Sky Sports.

I’d imagine as soon as a couple of years from now there will be sponsors/investors that won’t put money into a club unless they have a female team set up.

Hugely short sighted to even suggest there won’t be a benefit to Hearts having women’s teams.

4 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

32 games before he scores

Or the number of goals he'll score between now and the end of the season :)

Unknown user
45 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Re woman’s football - it’s clear as day that it is being integrated into the mainstream.

more club teams, female ex-players as pundits or summarising on Sky Sports.

I’d imagine as soon as a couple of years from now there will be sponsors/investors that won’t put money into a club unless they have a female team set up.

Hugely short sighted to even suggest there won’t be a benefit to Hearts having women’s teams.

I don't think anyone's said there would be no benefit to Hearts at all, and it isn't necessarily about benefiting the club in a material way, but there's really no coherent argument being put forward to support the idea that it would be financially beneficial, imaginary future sponsorship deals aside. 

Ronald Villiers
3 hours ago, OTT said:

Exactly what I thought last night OTT.  I can understand as we've wasted cash on imposters recently.  I would like to think that his contract will be extended in the summer if he's coming up with the goods.  I'd hate to see him do well just for the ugly sisters to get him on a pre contract this time next year, just like they're doing this window with the boys from Killie and Dundee.

Thought Police
58 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Exactly what I thought last night OTT.  I can understand as we've wasted cash on imposters recently.  I would like to think that his contract will be extended in the summer if he's coming up with the goods.  I'd hate to see him do well just for the ugly sisters to get him on a pre contract this time next year, just like they're doing this window with the boys from Killie and Dundee.

We have an option on another year

Squad number 32 probably the lowest we have  available 

pretty certain the 9 was being kept for him but clare wanted it and perhaps (just speculating) hearts were so keen to get him in they let him take it rather than upset him.

big Dave will have it next season all good

5 hours ago, OTT said:

No, almost guarantees that he's amazing. File under Osman Sow, Ricardo Fuller & Kyle Lafferty. All on relatively short term deals and all made a massive impact during their short time at Tynecastle.

BackOfTheNet
1 hour ago, BM1874 said:

pretty certain the 9 was being kept for him but clare wanted it and perhaps (just speculating) hearts were so keen to get him in they let him take it rather than upset him.

Pretty sure Clare said during one of his first interviews he was surprised to be given the no.9 shirt.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, BM1874 said:

You are correct, 32 was our lowest available number. From what I can see 46 is our next (unless it has been assigned to an under 18 player,) though if Martin and Keena stay out on their season long loan then 33 and 35 will be available. We also players out on loan with numbers 24, 27, 29, 30, 40, 41 and 44 who are due back this month so their loans could be extended and those numbers become available. 

Clare said that he was offered 9 shirt by Levein (I think Levein wanted to give him one in the top 11 and that was the only one available.)

21 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Seen him score that last goal v bohemians.hopefully see him score his 1st for hearts on Friday!

Don't see him running with the ball at all. He seems very awkward at times and whenever he receives it he looks to move it on immediately rather than try to carry it himself. 

Suspect that might be a weakness of his. 

11 minutes ago, Bauld said:

Don't see him running with the ball at all. He seems very awkward at times and whenever he receives it he looks to move it on immediately rather than try to carry it himself. 

Jesus.

Ok.....so he’s no Harry Kane....but you can’t say he looks awkward....not from the highlights above. I think he looks perfectly suited to Scottish football and he’ll be a huge success.

Ronald Villiers
10 hours ago, Thought Police said:

We have an option on another year

I know that TP but if he's doing well and the Old Firm turn his head prior to the option being taken up, it's likely he'll be interested in a move.  I know it's early days.

2 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

I know that TP but if he's doing well and the Old Firm turn his head prior to the option being taken up, it's likely he'll be interested in a move.  I know it's early days.

I don't think he'll end up at either of the OF, If he's a massive success he'll be away to England if he fails he'll be away back to a team in the Czech republic. 

26 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Jesus.

Ok.....so he’s no Harry Kane....but you can’t say he looks awkward....not from the highlights above. I think he looks perfectly suited to Scottish football and he’ll be a huge success.

Never said anything about whether or not he will be successful. 

Everyone on here can see his strengths from the little we have seen and I would say it has been well covered. 

I'm merely pointing out one of my own observations and if I'm right it will mean he needs constant support making runs ahead of him when he receives the ball in deeper areas in order to get the best out of what he is good at. Which is moving the ball quickly with one or two touches.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

:jj_facepalm:

Dalstonjambo
1 hour ago, Ronald Villiers said:

So if he wants to move, we take up the option of the extra year and that increases the transfer fee a club would need to pay. 

Not really sure what the issue is here.

Oh and he won't be going to the old firm. As another poster says, England if he does well. Back to Czech Republic if he doesn't. But let's enjoy him first ffs. He's not even in the door and people are worried about a complete non issue in a hypothetical transfer. 

Edited by Dalstonjambo

Ronald Villiers

There's absolutely no issue Dalston and I'm certainly not worried.  I was merely commenting on what another poster had said.  I'm really looking forward to seeing the guy play.

1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Never said anything about whether or not he will be successful. 

Everyone on here can see his strengths from the little we have seen and I would say it has been well covered. 

I'm merely pointing out one of my own observations and if I'm right it will mean he needs constant support making runs ahead of him when he receives the ball in deeper areas in order to get the best out of what he is good at. Which is moving the ball quickly with one or two touches.

??????

2 hours ago, Bauld said:

No offence but I remember when Sammon signed and you gave a wee review of his strengths and weaknesses and you couldn't have been more wrong, as ever I'll judge the guy with my own eyes when he's playing for hearts, not interested in YouTube videos.

FarmerTweedy
On 07/01/2019 at 13:23, Phil Dunphy said:

Can’t wait for him to go five minutes without scoring and folk to get on his back straight away. 

❤️

FTFY!

FarmerTweedy
On 07/01/2019 at 13:33, Thomaso said:

Give him Clare's No 9 shirt.............

But that'll have the wrong name on it!  Might not be the right size either!

On 08/01/2019 at 06:23, Bauld said:

I thought that would be the case with Uche then all of a sudden he was steaming past Celtic players and crossing it for Lafferty

I think we have been crying out for a CF who can score and provide knockdowns and lay offs for our many other forwards who prefer running with the ball. Big Dave looks to be that guy.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:17, RudiHMFC said:

No offence but I remember when Sammon signed and you gave a wee review of his strengths and weaknesses and you couldn't have been more wrong, as ever I'll judge the guy with my own eyes when he's playing for hearts, not interested in YouTube videos.

Indeed - El Hass looked fabulous on YouTube......

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Indeed - El Hass looked fabulous on YouTube......

He would have probably looked decent in the flesh annaw, if he hadn’t been injured for virtually his entire time here. Still have a bit of a ‘what if’ feeling about El Hass. 

rudi must stay
18 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

He would have probably looked decent in the flesh annaw, if he hadn’t been injured for virtually his entire time here. Still have a bit of a ‘what if’ feeling about El Hass. 

El Hass was alright. Some nice goals, I think things may have happened behind the scenes with him and Neilson

2 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

El Hass was alright. Some nice goals, I think things may have happened behind the scenes with him and Neilson

Just a crock I think. Hardly played a minute of football since he left. Think he's possibly unattached like Zeefuik 

4 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Yeah, it didn’t seem to be down to ability for me. He was big mates with Öztürk was he not? Feels like they both maybe didn’t always get on with Neilson very much. 

21 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

But that'll have the wrong name on it!  Might not be the right size either!

?if he scores, the shirt should be retired. 

I just want to see him smash broon,morelos & every other baddy who feels it's necessary to hack & injure our players AND get away with it