AGM Week

Footballfirst

24 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its very difficult for police to do much as theres a lot of annonymity in amongst a big crowd who dont want to cooperate with police they can do their best to track sear numbers and pass that info on to clubs to deal with but they have to be ? sure of who carried out an act to deal with it

From my mate who is arranges policing for games for one of the regions within Police Scotland....

I don't agree with the Police excuses over this.

In years gone by it was common sight to see Police wade in to the crowd to arrest a troublemaker.

My opinion is the Police are so understaffed they just don't want the extra work required to prosecute low level football hooliganism. 

To demonise a whole section because of a relatively small amount of wrongdoers is unfair. 

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Francis Albert

• soonbe110

• Pasquale for King

31 minutes ago, sadj said:

Its very difficult for police to do much as theres a lot of annonymity in amongst a big crowd who dont want to cooperate with police they can do their best to track sear numbers and pass that info on to clubs to deal with but they have to be ? sure of who carried out an act to deal with it

From my mate who is arranges policing for games for one of the regions within Police Scotland....

And, as per yesterday’s AGM, they have to have a complainant  and a witness for corroboration or they can’t charge anyone. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s quite change then. I was there for Everton game couple of months ago and very few home fans standing. 

They always stand in a section behind the Goal, I've stood there myself. Didn't see any Union Flags, hear any racism or hear much in the way of any singing tbh.

Also been in a section at the old White Hart Lane and we where to told to sit down funnily enough or supporters would be ejected. Everyone sat down. It was a whole section as well. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

And, as per yesterday’s AGM, they have to have a complainant  and a witness for corroboration or they can’t charge anyone. 

And the witness wont be one of the fellow fans when 80/90% of them are at it. Green brigade same outfits headgear etc you try and say which one it is... no chance... cant charge them all cant bar them all or they just come back at you. Its a difficult position

1 minute ago, sadj said:

And the witness wont be one of the fellow fans when 80/90% of them are at it. Green brigade same outfits headgear etc you try and say which one it is... no chance... cant charge them all cant bar them all or they just come back at you. Its a difficult position

Too difficult again? 

Close a section then! 

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

An under cover area to queue/wait outside, modern turnstiles that do not require force to get them to turn, stairs that can hold more than two fans abreast, a large internal concourse area to meet people/wait out of the cold, increased number of concession serving points, increased catering offering, increased number of toilets, modern toilet facilities, unrestricted views of the pitch, padded seats, improved sound system, better sightlines and an increased capacity...but apart from that it hasn’t changed much.

I didn't say it hasn't changed' Of course it has, enormously as you would expect for however much of the £24m plus it is costing . But I turn up, walk in without much of a wait (I am not sure I know about this undercover area outside), occasionally buy a pie and Bovril after a short wait, take my seat, watch the game with sometimes a quick  pee at HT, resume my seat and leave at the end certainly  no more quickly than before. In terms of my match day experience not really much change.

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Think that’s  how it is. Hands tied behind their back when dealing with away fans unless police take action. And they will only do that when it’s  absolutely necessary

4 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

I am in the new stand and can see what some of the£24 m and counting is being spent on. Can others in the other three stands explain what the major redevelopment there has added to their matchday experience?

If it keeps moaning faced clowns like you away from the Wheatfield then it's money well spent.  ;) 

Francis Albert
41 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

That’s quite change then. I was there for Everton game couple of months ago and very few home fans standing. 

To be fair the last Spurs game was excptional as you'd expect coming back from 1-2 at HT to win 4-2. But there are always a few thousand standing behind the goal at the north end and they are never challenged.

As with us at anfield and elsewhere.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, sadj said:

I don't recall much corroboration when we were getting booted out of parkhead for sneezing in a proddy manner.

We simp,y tell them that their behaviour last time was unacceptable and remove a section. We should probably not let Celtic, rangers or hibs occupy the front row anywah, based on recent events.

4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I don't recall much corroboration when we were getting booted out of parkhead for sneezing in a proddy manner.

We simp,y tell them that their behaviour last time was unacceptable and remove a section. We should probably not let Celtic, rangers or hibs occupy the front row anywah, based on recent events.

I think someone mentioned on here its been decided the front two rows be taken away from them.

On 18/12/2018 at 16:39, Francis Albert said:

Was there any clear analysis of the scope and cost variations that on the face of it seem to have resulted in a spend to date almost double the original £11m estimate with another year of the redevelpmemt project still to go?

I don’t understand why this isn’t getting questioned more. Why build the scale of project we have when we are not even using it for the intended purposes? The offices have remained, the hospitality has been scaled back yet the price has increased massively and it doesn’t seem like we even know what to do with the now additional space! 

50 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think someone mentioned on here its been decided the front two rows be taken away from them.

Ann said they were looking at doing that for the bigots and hib s but it hasn't been decided for certain

4 hours ago, Boab said:

Re. your second point, why would it be difficult ?

If action can be taken in one section of the stadium, why can't that threat be issued for any other ?

Please don't give me the " own house in order " spiel ! I'm not buying that anymore.

There isn't even an argument for saying they're only here once or twice a season, this has went on for years.

If it's money, which it is really, then, cool ! Just don't give us some old pony about it being none of our concern, which has been said on here recently !

You make a good point Boab.  Why would it be difficult?

In theory, it shouldn't be difficult but, as I said,  the Police seem reluctant/scared to go into Roseburn on OF days and the chances of corroboration are next to zero.  With section N, most will be ST holders attending say 19 games per season and will more likely become known/identifiable by stewards and Police.

I do agree there should be no difference .

18 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You make a good point Boab.  Why would it be difficult?

In theory, it shouldn't be difficult but, as I said,  the Police seem reluctant/scared to go into Roseburn on OF days and the chances of corroboration are next to zero.  With section N, most will be ST holders attending say 19 games per season and will more likely become known/identifiable by stewards and Police.

I do agree there should be no difference .

Close N and / or close K when it's being inhabited by unruly mobs?

Im not sure what the difference is? 

1 hour ago, sadj said:

They took away a couple of rows behind the goals in the past for OF and Hibs (they put up a G4S banner along the seats). Don't think it made any difference.

If someone wants to chuck something, chucking it another 1-2m hardly a big challenge. And lots of things chucked probably come from rows further back. Throwing punches, well, that's assault and should be dealt with by the authorities. The idiot that wants to throw a punch is probably the same that would run on the pitch.

Can't see taking rows away making away fans behave any better. Just half arsed attempts at a solution, maybe because the real solution requires police action. But we'll never see large amounts of OF fans arrested, if days later, for how they behave at Tynecastle.

Footballfirst

Director election results

Louise - 2324

Gary - 2247

Brian - 859

If everyone cast their two votes then 2715 members voted.

In the vote on the governance proposals, 2901 members voted in the online poll, with 99% in favour.

I didn't see anyone in the room voting against the proposals, in a show of hands. I would have done so, but I had already voted online.

Edited by Footballfirst

siegementality
10 hours ago, Thomaso said:

No, but why take away your flexibility on ticket allocation to Hearts fans by making an agreement at the start of the season????

We may not have a title decider but we could have a decider with Rangers for 2nd place - another game that many Hearts fans would want to see.

As I've said before, IMO the sensible move at the start of the season would have been to guarantee them two sections, and more may be available nearer the time - if there was no big demand from Hearts fans then the OF get more tickets - no chance they would turn them down as there is a huge demand from OF fans for away tickets!

Fair enough. As it’s turned out we can’t even sell all the tickets available for the three home stands so it’s not really worth arguing about.

Central Belt 1874

Is 2901 a good turnout from around 8000 compared with other votes that we have had? 

Considering it was really quick and straight forward to vote, I was expecting a higher turnout. 

49 minutes ago, kila said:

They took away a couple of rows behind the goals in the past for OF and Hibs (they put up a G4S banner along the seats). Don't think it made any difference.

If someone wants to chuck something, chucking it another 1-2m hardly a big challenge. And lots of things chucked probably come from rows further back. Throwing punches, well, that's assault and should be dealt with by the authorities. The idiot that wants to throw a punch is probably the same that would run on the pitch.

Can't see taking rows away making away fans behave any better. Just half arsed attempts at a solution, maybe because the real solution requires police action. But we'll never see large amounts of OF fans arrested, if days later, for how they behave at Tynecastle.

I've been critical of a couple of things from the AGM but this is a start, if it comes to pass. Will, at least, rule out some of the fan/player incidents involving away fans.

Can't fault it.

2 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Is 2901 a good turnout from around 8000 compared with other votes that we have had? 

Considering it was really quick and straight forward to vote, I was expecting a higher turnout. 

In my view and experience it is a good turnout. 

And a decisive overwhelming result. 

3 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Stewart Wallace stated it was the highest vote to date

3 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

That was a question I was hoping to raise at some point how are we/FOH looking to engage people to vote.

2900 is the highest vote turn out so far.

13 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Circa 30% for both Governance and Director votes, I'd say that was decent. 

Central Belt 1874

Thanks for the info, that's good to see. I'd like to see us try and engage as many members to vote every time, even if 99% are in agreement with the decisions and direction the FOH is going in.

45 minutes ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

Thanks for the info, that's good to see. I'd like to see us try and engage as many members to vote every time, even if 99% are in agreement with the decisions and direction the FOH is going in.

The voting details went out by email to each pledger, were posted on here, Facebook and Twitter. 

Not sure what more could be done to encourage engagement to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Louise - 2324

Gary - 2247

Brian - 859

In the vote on the governance proposals, 2901 members voted in the online poll, with 99% in favour.

I didn't see anyone in the room voting against the proposals, in a show of hands. I would have done so, but I had already voted online.

99% is 

2872 in favour

29 against 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

99% is 

2872 in favour

29 against 

Probably less than 29 if the % are rounded up/down. I will guesstimate at 15.

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

99% is 

2872 in favour

29 against 

Or, with rounding, in the range of 2886 - 15 to 2858 - 43 'ish

Edited by Footballfirst

Just now, Footballfirst said:

Or, with rounding, in the range of 2887 - 14 to 2858 - 43 'ish

Yes. 

Very very minimal insignificant number of people voting against. 

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Yes. 

Very very minimal insignificant number of people voting against.

That's not the final step in the approval process. Once the proposed changes have been incorporated in the Articles or other formal agreements between FOH and the club, then it will still have to be approved as a special resolution at an AGM or GM (needs a 75%+1 vote in favour).

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Interested to know why you say this. The FoH governance arrangements which will be voted through almost unanimously tonight and the related "Working Together" agreement between FoH and the Club make it clear that FoH will have no direct (or indeed other than representation and influence as a minority on the club board, indirect)  control over the footballing side of the business. And indeed they have shown to date no interest in doing so or even promoting a way forward or vision for the football club. I see no reason to suppose the Ann/Craig model and even personnel would be overthrown any time soon.

The model leaves the club board to run the football side  and indeed the whole business as it sees fit. The role of the membership club that is FOH is to provide funds to the club board with no real say in how those funds are spent.

There will be no change in the coaching structure and follow-on sucession wil happen. No way of changing it

2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Louise - 2324

Gary - 2247

Brian - 859

Do you mean you would have voted against the propsals if you hadnt voted online?

If so how come?

26 minutes ago, 8skacel8 said:

Do you mean you would have voted against the propsals if you hadnt voted online?

If so how come?

I think FF means he voted against in the online poll so if he stuck his hand up at the meeting,  he would've voted twice. At least,  that's how I read it. 

3 hours ago, Central Belt 1874 said:

I thought the engagement was spot on. Reality for most pledgers is that they are effectively contributing to Hearts and aren't too bothered about who/what/whys.

5 hours ago, iainmac said:

Close N and / or close K when it's being inhabited by unruly mobs?

Im not sure what the difference is? 

I have tried to explain the difference and agree that there ought not to be any difference.

If OF allocation has been agreed beforehand then presumably we can't do much this season apart from warn them that their allocation next season will be severely cut unless all their crap stops.  I don't know if this conflicts with SPL rules but if it does we need to ask them (SPL) what it is we need to do to eliminate the sectarian etc nonsense and ask what support they will provide to this end.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, iainmac said:

I think FF means he voted against in the online poll so if he stuck his hand up at the meeting,  he would've voted twice. At least,  that's how I read it. 

Correct.

Footballfirst

One notable comment from Ann at the FOH AGM was that she thought that it wasn't good governance for her to hold the three roles of majority shareholder, chairman and chief executive.

Once FOH takes majority ownership, then one of those positions of responsibility goes, but I also took it took it to be  an indication that Ann may relinquish the role of chairman or CEO before, or soon after, the handover. I would expect that she will already have a succession plan in mind that she will put to the FOH Board to ensure that continuity is maintained between the current and future club boards. 

The Treasurer
15 hours ago, Rudy T said:

If she thinks that, then she’s really out of touch! It’s never happening, said it early on this thread, she needs to open a dialogue with the N season ticket holders. Make it very clear what incidents have been recorded and why she is driving at stamping out the behaviour. These guys deserve that they are Hearts fans they pay their money and support the team like the rest of us. If there was ******s in my section in wheat field and she decided to shut it I’d expect at least that from her. If like has been claimed they have no brains and ignore either the meeting, her or are disrespectful in the meeting then they’ve had their chips it’s over! To tar everyone in there as a bigot and racist etc is wrong and those doing it should wind their necks in a bit.

There is so much wrong in this post I wouldn't know where to start, but the last sentence is the most ridiculous part.