Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

gjcc
3 minutes ago, Lemongrab said:

Green eyes...jealousy?

Not that that would narrow the field  much.  I read somewhere that even one of the dragons was jealous when Jon and Dany were at each other. 

The prophesy mentions strangled to death. Do dragons have opposable thumbs?

Tazio

I've got green eyes, feeling a bit nervous now.

sadj
1 hour ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I'm caught between it being her or Jamie.

A complete arc from him putting a sword through the Mad King, now he has to do it to a Mad Queen.

Has she actually killed anyone on her list, apart from Meryn Trant?

Yh i liked the character arc of Theon it was superb , Jorah aswell to a large extent dying as he did and the genuine devastation at losing him from Dany. The runners said the character stories is what they have tried to focus on. 

sadj
1 minute ago, Tazio said:

I've got green eyes, feeling a bit nervous now.

So you should be ????

Uncle Buck

I’m sure Littlefinger was the one with green eyes.

gjcc
3 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I’m sure Littlefinger was the one with green eyes.

Forgot about him. That scene annoyed me a little bit with Sansa passing the sentence and Arya dealing punishment. Not at all what Ned taught about honour early on. 

Placid Casual
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, gjcc said:

Forgot about him. That scene annoyed me a little bit with Sansa passing the sentence and Arya dealing punishment. Not at all what Ned taught about honour early on. 

Think we’ve all seen Arya and Sansa learn a lot and develop a mind of their own over a long period of time.

Edited by Placid Casual

Phil Dunphy
9 hours ago, gjcc said:

He was added when a captive Arya witnessed him beating up an old woman.

Meryn Trant and Rorge(very briefly) on her list and dispatched by her. 

Edit:  

Oops: both other names already mentioned. 

Lucky number three with Cersei then. 

8 hours ago, sadj said:

Yh i liked the character arc of Theon it was superb , Jorah aswell to a large extent dying as he did and the genuine devastation at losing him from Dany. The runners said the character stories is what they have tried to focus on. 

Oddly I was sadder about Theon than I was about Jorah. 

7 hours ago, gjcc said:

I think Ned held quite traditional views of ladies though. If it had been Jon passing the sentence, he’d have wanted Jon to swing the sword. 

If his daughter passed the sentence, I doubt he would have expected her to deal the punishment. 

AlphonseCapone
7 hours ago, gjcc said:

Ned was a dinosaur. Arya would never have become what she has under his watch. She'd be too busy honourably doing the dishes. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
12 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Ned was a dinosaur. Arya would never have become what she has under his watch. She'd be too busy honourably doing the dishes. 

Ned was, to be fair, quite happy to let Arya be something other than the typical lady society would expect her to be. He arranged for her lessons with Syrio for example, let her keep needle and approved of her archery skills.

AlimOzturk
58 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Would hardly call him a dinosaur he let Arya train in Sword dancing and improve her archery skills. He was traditional though and his honour eventually got him killed. 

Still the biggest shock in the whole series was his death such the major character he was. 

PortyJambo
17 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

There were a lot of callbacks, it was also the same spot in the godswood Bran gave Arya the dagger last season, the spot Arya plunged the dagger through NK's chest was where the CoF plunged the dragonglass into the first white walker which we assume was him, Lyanna drops a giant in the same spot Ramsay shot Wun Wun after Battle of *******s, other callbacks to things said in previous seasons like stick em with the pointy end and what Mel said to Arya way back in s3

Also, the scene earlier this season where Arya appeared behind Jon in the Godswood, and he said "how did you sneak up on me" (or something like that). Her using her skills to then sneak on the NK (implausible as that seemed)

DarthVodka
On 29/04/2019 at 23:20, Alan_R said:

It's VERY obvious we are now ahead of the books. Certain characters escaping sudden deaths and fighting past impossible odds.

I was worried that that may happen when they actually passed the books storyline, from memory there are a few quite different character arcs (Beric is deed, Lady Stoneheart) and its been a long time since I read them, but I don't think the actual 'night king' is mentioned anywhere and there seems to be another boy claiming to be be Targaryen 

Ray Gin
26 minutes ago, Louis Litt said:

Her using her skills to then sneak on the NK (implausible as that seemed)

That annoyed me. She just magically appeared in mid-air out of nowhere behind him, despite him being surrounded by a ring of white walkers in an open area.

superjack
2 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

But it was ned who arranged her original sword fighting lessons in season 1.

Say What Again
13 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

Watching the sex scene again? 

:rofl:

AlphonseCapone
4 hours ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Ned was, to be fair, quite happy to let Arya be something other than the typical lady society would expect her to be. He arranged for her lessons with Syrio for example, let her keep needle and approved of her archery skills.

3 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Would hardly call him a dinosaur he let Arya train in Sword dancing and improve her archery skills. He was traditional though and his honour eventually got him killed. 

Still the biggest shock in the whole series was his death such the major character he was. 

2 hours ago, superjack said:

But it was ned who arranged her original sword fighting lessons in season 1.

Fine :laugh: I just couldn't stand Ned and his noble nonsense. 

Alan_R
2 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

That annoyed me. She just magically appeared in mid-air out of nowhere behind him, despite him being surrounded by a ring of white walkers in an open area.

Same, wouldve rather her special weapon had some sort of projectile dagger that she used to stab him from the werewood tree (same bit where he was created by children of the forrest for wee throwback, which i think is what they tried to do anyway)

Seemed a bit of a fuss over that weapon for very little.

Alan_R

Few questions:

Spoiler

What was the point in all of the following:

1- Jons resurrection for Arya to be the hero anyway

2- Arya's super weapon for one Jedi-like fight sequence against some regular wights

3- The "prince that was promised prophecy", could still pan out to be Jon/Bran etc uniting the kingdoms in peace but the prophecy was mostly proclaimed to be the downfall of the night king. Arya fulfills very little/none of this: Lightbringer, Targarayen etc

4- Who is Azor Ahai (linked to above, surely makes little difference now the night kings gone?)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
1 hour ago, Alan_R said:

Few questions:

Hide contents

What was the point in all of the following:

1- Jons resurrection for Arya to be the hero anyway

2- Arya's super weapon for one Jedi-like fight sequence against some regular wights

3- The "prince that was promised prophecy", could still pan out to be Jon/Bran etc uniting the kingdoms in peace but the prophecy was mostly proclaimed to be the downfall of the night king. Arya fulfills very little/none of this: Lightbringer, Targarayen etc

4- Who is Azor Ahai (linked to above, surely makes little difference now the night kings gone?)

Regarding 1 there’s still an argument that he was neede to unite the norf and gather a key ally in Daenerys. If it still had been the Boltons in Winterfell the kingdoms would have been goosed.

2. think her spear was just a. An excuse for her to flirt with Gendry b. An excuse for the show runners to give her a badass fighting scene and c. a means to distract us all from her valaryian steel dagger 

Not sure about 3&4, could be dead in the water as far as the show is concerned. They did make a point last year of saying the translation of prince promised is gender neutral. Maybe Jon still is and he is destined to stop Dany from turning into a mad Queen and burning all her enemies to ash.

flecktimus

So the northern army as been practically annihilated along with the Dothraki and the unsullied. Will Daenerys  have to send for the Second Sons for her attack on the south?

gjcc
Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

So the northern army as been practically annihilated along with the Dothraki and the unsullied. Will Daenerys  have to send for the Second Sons for her attack on the south?

Potentially. Wouldn’t discount the golden company switching allegiance either. They were historically loyal to the Blackfyre house, which is a B*****d branch of the Targs, due to them founding it. 

Edited by gjcc

Stuart McNeill

What do you think the next episode will entail? finding out what cersai has been up to and preparing for another major fight scene going into Episode 5?

Dunks

Probably some target practice with these ....

image.png.d24e8abea7dc09d31379efb6a37ca937.png

Alan_R
10 hours ago, Stuart McNeill said:

What do you think the next episode will entail? finding out what cersai has been up to and preparing for another major fight scene going into Episode 5?

Emilia Clarke reportedly said episode 5 is the big fight scene of the series.

sadj

Its been superb but does still feel a bit condensed and rushed but that is i suppose testament to the character based storylines all the way through. Just feels a slow build to season 8 for a quick pay off. Hopefully they can use these three episodes to avoid that being the lingering feeling 

Uncle Buck

I read a theory that Jon was distracting the dragon and as he was doing it he shouted “go!” to Arya, so she could go kill the Night King.

indianajones
16 hours ago, sadj said:

Its been superb but does still feel a bit condensed and rushed but that is i suppose testament to the character based storylines all the way through. Just feels a slow build to season 8 for a quick pay off. Hopefully they can use these three episodes to avoid that being the lingering feeling 

Yeah it's been enjoyable but I think they are ruining it with their unrealistic timescales. Honestly quite gutted about it. 

Will have to attempt the books as it'll be a much more satisfying story. 

Kalamazoo Jambo

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Rhageal dies = :sad:

Ghost sent to live beyond the wall= :sob::sob: :sob: 

[/]

Lord BJ

I enjoyed that episode, a bit of everything in it, nice change of pace in second half. 

A couple of big and unexpected deaths. 

Sets up for what I assume will be battle for kings landing. Don’t think anyone is talking Danny down, though not convinced it’s the one sided battle she thinks. 

Cant see Danny sitting on the throne at the end of this. Particularly as the secret is now information. 

Even with long long episodes does feel they’re trying to compress a lot in. With some rapid changing on opinions. 

Cleganebowl looks likes it will happen though.

To Be Frank
Posted (edited)

Is it wrong I was more gutted with Viseryon dying than I was at any of the characters this season? Was done in such a sudden way too. Brilliant TV ?? 

Can see some of the many tunnels into Kings Landing being used next week and a wee assassination taking place of Cersei, possibly by Jaime. 

Edited by To Be Frank

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
9 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Is it wrong I was more gutted with Viseryon dying than I was at any of the characters this season? Was done in such a sudden way too. Brilliant TV ?? 

Can see some of the many tunnels into Kings Landing being used next week and a wee assassination taking place of Cersei, possibly by Jaime. 

Jaime might run into the Hound & Arya on the Kingsroad. Could set up an Arya faceswapping with Jaime scenario

Dunks

Unexpected carnage

:verysmug:

flecktimus

Still buzzing,What an episode,it had everything and i ****ing hate Cersei

Tazio
19 minutes ago, flecktimus said:

and i ****ing hate Cersei

I think I love her. Is that so wrong?

Sooperstar
Posted (edited)

Enjoyed that. Lots to tie up in two episodes.

Gendry is still going to play a big part but I no longer think he will end up on the throne. Save Dany from a possible coup perhaps.

Edited by Sooperstar

flecktimus
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I think I love her. Is that so wrong?

Oh i quite understand, Psychopathic killer, whats not to like :)

alwaysthereinspirit
11 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

:sad:

Are you more a Dunkin Donut man?

Oops.See the source image

Prince Buaben

3 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Enjoyed that. Lots to tie up in two episodes.

Gendry is still going to play a big part but I no longer think he will end up on the throne. Save Dany from a possible coup perhaps.

Gendry now he has been legitimised now has a better claim to the throne than Dany too.

Tazio

I think it’s going to end up with nobody getting what they want. The people who end up with power will be ones who never wanted or expected it. With the possible exception of Sansa. 

Kalamazoo Jambo
3 hours ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Are you more a Dunkin Donut man?

Oops.See the source image

I feel bad for the Barista who had to write out her full name on that cup.

indianajones

Show has kind of went quite meh if i am really honest. 

Too much stuff getting crammed in. 

The way that dragon died was so lazy too. 

slashishere

Thought it was an excellent episode, last weeks was epic and tense but I thought this was a brilliant build up to what is coming next.

I’m giving up trying to second guess what happens, but can’t wait.

Ak47
8 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Show has kind of went quite meh if i am really honest. 

Too much stuff getting crammed in. 

The way that dragon died was so lazy too. 

I agree, Worst episode of the series for me.

Winterfell rebuilt overnight.

The Bronn story line is ridiculous.

The Dragon dying from a heat seeking ballista fired from the other side of an island, the them missing every shot when shes flying straight at them.

They build us up to revealing Johns identity to his family and the scene cuts away.

A lot of filler, and yet the more important things seem rushed IMO

indianajones
2 minutes ago, Ak47 said:

I agree, Worst episode of the series for me.

Winterfell rebuilt overnight.

The Bronn story line is ridiculous.

The Dragon dying from a heat seeking ballista fired from the other side of an island, the them missing every shot when shes flying straight at them.

They build us up to revealing Johns identity to his family and the scene cuts away.

A lot of filler, and yet the more important things seem rushed IMO

So rushed!

The dragons were always going to die imo. That one should've died in the last episode during the great war. Far more fitting that getting hit by a heat seeking ballista like you said. 

Apparently GRRM has said that there was only ever one dragon that was killed by a projectile and it was by complete fluke (minus the NK magic). So Euron, who manages to go undetected from someone flying several hundreds of meters above the sea, manages to shoot the dragon three times? Boats also take a long time to turn. They didnt have any ballistas on the rear so why didnt she just fly from behind at burn them all? So bad. 

If thats the last we see of Tormund and Ghost its also a complete farce. 

For what its worth I think we will now see some sort of dragon armour in the next battle. I also now think that after winning Kings Landing, Dany will not be able to live with the paranoia of knowing Jon is the rightful king and will kill him. She will then be killed by Arya leaving the seven kingdoms under Sansas control. 

Ak47
3 minutes ago, indianajones said:

So rushed!

The dragons were always going to die imo. That one should've died in the last episode during the great war. Far more fitting that getting hit by a heat seeking ballista like you said. 

Apparently GRRM has said that there was only ever one dragon that was killed by a projectile and it was by complete fluke (minus the NK magic). So Euron, who manages to go undetected from someone flying several hundreds of meters above the sea, manages to shoot the dragon three times? Boats also take a long time to turn. They didnt have any ballistas on the rear so why didnt she just fly from behind at burn them all? So bad. 

For what its worth I think we will now see some sort of dragon armour in the next battle. I also now think that after winning Kings Landing, Dany will not be able to live with the paranoia of knowing Jon is the rightful king and will kill him. She will then be killed by Arya leaving the seven kingdoms under Sansas control. 

The last episode will probably end with Bran opening his eyes after his fall from the tower, And it was all dream.

Cade

Season 7:

Season 8:

alwaysthereinspirit
27 minutes ago, Ak47 said:

The last episode will probably end with Bran opening his eyes after his fall from the tower, And it was all dream.

Laying next to Bobby Ewing.

Pans Jambo
47 minutes ago, indianajones said:

So rushed!

Agree about the boats. They should be tinder. 

The line from Danni “we can live together, I’ve just told you how” was interesting. 

I dont think it’ll end well for her TBH.