Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
13 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Apparently Ghost didn't recieve a proper goodbye from Jon due to CGI complications. A giant picked up Lyanna in the last episode. Make of that what you will?

David Nutter the director said he was under pressure to keep the episode shorter. When you consider the time wasted on the Grissandei storyline over the last 4 seasons that really is nonsense. They even had a scene where Bran gives Tyrion a bit of wheelchair lore in this episode...

To Be Frank
3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I doubt it. He is dead.

Was killed when Rickon got captured as his head was used as proof is Rickons identity.

2 hours ago, Cade said:

You mean Nymeria.

And she already bumped into her last season.

Yeah, meant Nymeria. She is leading a pack and recognised Arya last season so may well make an appearance.

bajthejambo
44 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

David Nutter the director said he was under pressure to keep the episode shorter. When you consider the time wasted on the Grissandei storyline over the last 4 seasons that really is nonsense. They even had a scene where Bran gives Tyrion a bit of wheelchair lore in this episode...

I think it was quite disrespectful to the viewers. Everyone loves Ghost and the relationship Jon had with him. To only have him look in his direction was very underwhelming

Cade
Posted (edited)

The whole season feels rushed, half-ersed and as if the show makers don't care any more.

Just want to get to the end and find out who wins.

Edited by Cade

Bozi

I can't believe Greyworm is still alive, he is the least threatening warrior in history, he looks like he would struggle to hold a sword never kind swing one 

In all of the show I think this is the worst bit of casting 

Zico
42 minutes ago, Cade said:

The whole season feels rushed, half-ersed and as if the show makers don't care any more.

The last two seasons have been pish - Eastenders with dragons. It’s night and day (or fire and ice) from the first four seasons. Not long to go now though so might as well stick with it.  

AlimOzturk

So many people claim that this is the greatest show of all time. I agree it is a great show but in this order..

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The wire, Mad Men, Spartacus, Sons of Anarchy and arguably...

Vikings, Dexter, Justified and Lost are all better shows. 

luckyBatistuta
17 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

So many people claim that this is the greatest show of all time. I agree it is a great show but in this order..

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The wire, Mad Men, Spartacus, Sons of Anarchy and arguably...

Not a fan of Sons of Anarchy. If I remember right, I gave up in 3rd series. Vikings is better than GoT imo. Also think that Band of Brothers should be in any top 10 of boxsets.

Pans Jambo
5 hours ago, TheStig said:

Hot pie will come out of nowhere and be the hero of the battle of kings landing.

:yas: Mon the hot pie

AlimOzturk
21 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Not a fan of Sons of Anarchy. If I remember right, I gave up in 3rd series. Vikings is better than GoT imo. Also think that Band of Brothers should be in any top 10 of boxsets.

Never seen band of brothers. Will have to give it a try

Craig Gordons Gloves
18 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

You won't be disappointed.  While GoT has been excellent, it doesn't come close to Band of Brothers.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I've only seen The Sopranos on that list but it's the greatest show ever made. 

Cade

Nothing else even comes close to Band of Brothers.

Deadwood was feckin ace, though

Barack
21 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

You won't be disappointed.  While GoT has been excellent, it doesn't come close to Band of Brothers.

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

These two gentlemen, know their stuff.

luckyBatistuta
41 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

22 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

Band Of Brothers really is a fantastic watch, episode in the forest in the snow the highlight. Now I’m typing this, it’s got me wanting to go back and watch it again. Wasn’t even sure about watching it when it first starts, because Ross Geller was in it?

vegas-voss
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

I'm with you on the first 3 can't agree with anything else though.

superjack
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I thought the follow up, Pacific, was better than band of brothers. All about personal choice though.

I would have game of thrones as the best ever though.

Mr Brightside
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

41 minutes ago, Cade said:

Sons of Anarchy is terrible tv.

Deadwood was brilliant.

luckyBatistuta
26 minutes ago, superjack said:

I thought the follow up, Pacific, was better than band of brothers. All about personal choice though.

Never seen Pacific, another to add to the growing list of boxsets I need to watch, just not enough hours in the day. 

Back on to GoT though, was disappointed with this weeks episode. Also a bit miffed with the one before to. How many seasons have we been watching this, with a huge build up to that battle...and it was all over in one episode☹️ 

superjack
2 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Back on to GoT though, was disappointed with this weeks episode. Also a bit miffed with the one before to. How many seasons have we been watching this, with a huge build up to that battle...and it was all over in one episode☹️ 

It's sort of like your first ride, you build the excitement up up a bit too much, and then it's all over far too quick.

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Band Of Brothers really is a fantastic watch, episode in the forest in the snow the highlight. Now I’m typing this, it’s got me wanting to go back and watch it again. Wasn’t even sure about watching it when it first starts, because Ross Geller was in it?

That episode is the most terrifying bit of TV I can think of. Gripping.

To Be Frank
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Spartacus mentioned in the same sentence as The Sopranos, Breaking Bad and The Wire

:cornette:

luckyBatistuta
30 minutes ago, superjack said:

It's sort of like your first ride, you build the excitement up up a bit too much, and then it's all over far too quick.

?

3 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Spartacus mentioned in the same sentence as The Sopranos, Breaking Bad and The Wire

Aye Spartacus

AlimOzturk
51 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Spartacus is an amazing show.

Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, To Be Frank said:

The wire? Actors mumbled their way through the entire thing! Still no idea what they were on about! Most over rated thing ever!

Mon the thones!!!

hughesie27

Lost

Game of Thrones

The Wire

The OC

Breaking Bad

Ray Gin
5 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

The Sopranos, Breaking Bad, The Wire (and yes, Band of Brothers) are in a completely different league to all the other ones mentioned.

bajthejambo

If I could add a current show, then I'd suggest Billions. You can't take your eyes off of it.

On topic, I can't believe we only have three hours of Thrones left! 

Tazio
6 hours ago, AlphonseCapone said:

I've only seen The Sopranos on that list but it's the greatest show ever made. 

Well if you haven’t seen the others that’s a bold claim. 

Maple Leaf
9 hours ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

I agree. That's because Band of Brothers was real history with real people while GoT is fairy tales with invented characters.

Maple Leaf
8 hours ago, superjack said:

The now-famous Rami Malek was outstanding in Pacific.

ri Alban

I've never watched GoT. So I decided I'd watch this last series with the Mrs, who's never missed it. I fell asleep after 5 minutes of both episodes I tried to watch.

Garbage!

To Be Frank
9 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Spartacus is an amazing show.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed it but it was just a random mash of fight scenes and sex scenes thrown together with very little storyline.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I've never watched GoT. So I decided I'd watch this last series with the Mrs, who's never missed it. I fell asleep after 5 minutes of both episodes I tried to watch.

Garbage!

That’s hardly surprising if you haven’t watched the 7 seasons prior to it you won’t have a clue who anyone is or what’s going on

Haken
17 hours ago, Cade said:

16 hours ago, Zico said:

The last two seasons have been pish - Eastenders with dragons. It’s night and day (or fire and ice) from the first four seasons. Not long to go now though so might as well stick with it.  

I think what's been noticeable is that since the TV has caught up with and passed the books, things have happened much more quickly.  I have doubts that GRRM will ever finish writing ASoIaF, but if he does, I imagine they'll cpontain all the detail that's missing from the TV.

superjack
6 minutes ago, Haken said:

I think what's been noticeable is that since the TV has caught up with and passed the books, things have happened much more quickly.  I have doubts that GRRM will ever finish writing ASoIaF, but if he does, I imagine they'll cpontain all the detail that's missing from the TV.

I actually think that winds of winter is ready for release, and the last book isn't far off, he's just waiting on the completion of the TV series.

AlphonseCapone
7 hours ago, Tazio said:

Well if you haven’t seen the others that’s a bold claim. 

Started both Mad Men and Sons of Anarchy and stopped. 

Mr Brightside
10 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Started both Mad Men and Sons of Anarchy and stopped. 

Mad Men is decent and worth sticking with, some good character arcs. SoA was just nonsense.

Say What Again
Posted (edited)

Good to see Deadwood getting a deserved mention.

Cock suckers!! 

Deadwood+Swearingen+by+HBO.jpg

Edited by Say What Again

Cade

First couple of seasons of Sons of Anarchy were good, then it jumped the shark and went shite.

Bozi

Watched all of sons of Anarchy and agree that after season 3 it diminished in quality quite quickly. 

The Wire was incredible, brilliant, outstanding but I do know some people that struggled with the dialogue. 

Breaking Bad was equally brilliant 

Started Mad Men but couldn't get into it(I would have stuck with it but the wife couldn't) 

Lost is a bit like most (I exclude It and the stand) Stephen King books, it starts off amazing, interesting, magical, mystical, then completely loses its way because it doesn't know how to finish a story. 

Sooperstar
Posted (edited)

There has been an apparent leaked of the GoT ending. I don't know how real or fake it is but either way, gonnae not be a dick and just don't post the details in this thread. Thanks in advance.

Edited by Sooperstar

Bozi

I want to get round TO sopranos and deadwood but starting Line of Duty and halfway through season 2 of Ozark. 

For what it's worth I think Game of Thrones has been tremendous and its quite normal for it to reach breakneck speed towards the end the time for talking is done. Anyone who has endured the last few years of the walking dead would agree that "all out war" should mean just that and not ten episodes of inane chattering 

Zaba

Just read the leaks, won’t post anything.

Skybet have removed all their markets, which I’m taking as confirmation that they are legit.

Raging that I read them ?.

AlphonseCapone
3 hours ago, Mr Brightside said:

Mad Men is decent and worth sticking with, some good character arcs. SoA was just nonsense.

I'll need to give it another try. It was the other half who really didn't take to it so we just stopped, I was sorta in the middle really. 

AndyNic
8 hours ago, Zaba said:

Just read the leaks, won’t post anything.

Skybet have removed all their markets, which I’m taking as confirmation that they are legit.

Raging that I read them ?.

Seriously? **** sake. Bet some ***** spoils it for me now. 

AndyNic
9 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

There has been an apparent leaked of the GoT ending. I don't know how real or fake it is but either way, gonnae not be a dick and just don't post the details in this thread. Thanks in advance.

Agreed. Spoilers should only be ok after the episode has aired on TV. 

Normthebarman
45 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Agreed. Spoilers should only be ok after the episode has aired on TV. 

I dunno. I'd say for GoT, anything from 11pm on the Monday is fair. This whole having to dodgy the internet during the day on a Monday, because of the Sunday/Monday showing, is a bit of a pain. 

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Normthebarman said:

I dunno. I'd say for GoT, anything from 11pm on the Monday is fair. This whole having to dodgy the internet during the day on a Monday, because of the Sunday/Monday showing, is a bit of a pain. 

11pm on Monday is after it has aired on TV!

Normthebarman
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

11pm on Monday is after it has aired on TV!

It's first aired at 2am on the Monday.

Edited by Normthebarman