Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Uncle Buck
1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Cheers for the spoiler you absolute *****.

::troll::

jambos are go!
45 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

So did Bran know all along he was going to be King ?

That was shit would rather have had Dany just kill them all than that.

I think so. He could see the future and it was hard to see the point of Him otherwise. Why did the Night King make him his top target?.

Thought there might be more twists and turns to be honest before the Dragon Queen bought it. If she did!!!

Bozi

I can't believe the Imp ate the dragon and then killed denerys and John with a flaming fart.... Raging likes

Tazio
5 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

I think so. He could see the future and it was hard to see the point of Him otherwise. Why did the Night King make him his top target?.

If he could see the past he'd know the origin of the Night King and his weaknesses, if any. As we saw.

hughesie27
32 minutes ago, Tazio said:

If he could see the past he'd know the origin of the Night King and his weaknesses, if any. As we saw.

Bran did see the origin of the Night King though?

OTT

That was so ****ing shit. 

Shocking writers that absolutely butchered a series which should have been in the same bracket as the Sopranos, Breaking Bad etc. 

Hope their next shite is a hedgehog. Arseholes. 

(Spoilers)

Ritchez

So to sum up the regions and who controls them:

The North (as an independent kingdom) - House Stark, led by Sansa as queen.

IronIslands - House Greyjoy, led by Yara

Riverlands- House Tully, led by Edmure Tully.

The Vale - House Arryn, led by Robin Arryn and supported by House Royce.

Westerlands - Unknown, possibly Tyrion as last surviving Lanister. Guessing he inherits Casterly Rock.

The Crownlands - Brann as king

The Reach - Bronn.

The Stormlands - House Barathion, led by Gendry Barathion.

Dorne - Dornish Prince Dude

By my count this is 9 kingdoms, but the show constantly referred to 7. Am I right in saying that the Iron Islands and possibly The Crownlands aren't classed as kingdoms?

Tazio
38 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Bran did see the origin of the Night King though?

I know. I said that in the post. The King needed to quash the chance of the knowledge spreading. 

Just an idea. 

Uncle Buck
58 minutes ago, Ritchez said:

Westerlands - Unknown, possibly Tyrion as last surviving Lanister. Guessing he inherits Casterly Rock.

The Reach - Bronn.

By my count this is 9 kingdoms, but the show constantly referred to 7. Am I right in saying that the Iron Islands and possibly The Crownlands aren't classed as kingdoms?

I think the kingdom of the Iron Islands was run by House Hoare before Aegon’s conquest. But it got split in to the Isles and the Rivers, which meant the Riverlands were eventually ruled by House Tully and I believe the Greyjoys came under that.

The Crownlands aren’t a kingdom.

scott herbertson

Bran has shown absolutely nothing to suggest he would be a good king

ne chance they'd choose him if they are a politically scheming bunch of lords and ladies, nae chance at all

Alan_R
Spoiler

Just thought are we expected to think Jon just said oh aye btw I stabbed the queen? the dragon just roasted a city couldn't he just have claimed it went a bit mental killing or swooping away with danerys

Also I don't no why I'm still using spoiler tabs as we seem to just be assuming all in this thread have now viewed?

vegas-voss
8 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Think he can only see the past least they made reference to that at least once. But at other times he seemed to be all seeing. Didn't mind the ending but his character seemed inconsistent

Was just when he said why do you think I have travelled all this way.Was as if he knew he was going to be King.

Alan_R
8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Was just when he said why do you think I have travelled all this way.Was as if he knew he was going to be King.

As another poster said above no evidence he will make a good job of it, infact the opposite as he's got 1000s killed as well as those closest to him.

Then gets all smug telling Jon how he was in the right place all along... Except Jon died and lost who he loved most and finally ended up ostracised.

Aye cheers bran ya wee p****

Alan_R
Spoiler

What I will say though is I think if was meant to be a somewhat anti climatic ending. Not read the books bit I imagine GRR will do it more justice.

Despite "breaking the wheel" westeros has went full circle to what it was 1000 of years prior.

Parallels with bran the builder, all the houses and seats are occupied just with different folk , dragon fly's the skies in valayria, wild folk past the wall and the north is its own kingdom...

It was disappointing for many but more I think about it was quite typically GoT in the sense it's went full circle almost to say nothing really changes.

Ending

Edited by Alan_R

superjack

So how long will Bran sit on the throne? Pretty sure the previous 3 eyed raven lived for quite a while, a good few hundred at least.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
8 hours ago, Ritchez said:

The Reach - Bronn.

Yep 7 kingdoms but 9 administrative regions; iron islands came within riverlands... kings landing, Dragonstone and crown lands didn’t exist as a separate entity when there was 7 Kingdoms

hughesie27

Looked like Arya toona few Stark men with her on her travels. Surely the best chance of a spin-off show. 

Alan_R
58 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Looked like Arya toona few Stark men with her on her travels. Surely the best chance of a spin-off show. 

Possibly but far more likely we will see a spin off prequel series, either about Roberts rebellion or set years previously in a different part of westeros. Martin has churned out loads of 'westorosi history' for them to delve into if they want to.

hughesie27
Just now, Alan_R said:

Possibly but far more likely we will see a spin off prequel series, either about Roberts rebellion or set years previously in a different part of westeros. Martin has churned out loads of 'westorosi history' for them to delve into if they want to.

There is already a confirmed prequel that follows the Children of the Forrest 1000s of hears in the past. They started production a few weeks ago.

superjack
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I think it will be a movie, west of Westeros.

AndyNic

Edited by AndyNic

AndyNic

Triple post.

That video is brilliant. 

Edited by AndyNic

Jambo-Jimbo

Well that felt more like the end of a season rather than the final ever episode of the whole series.

Guess when you have a cash cow which GoT obviously is,  Martin & HBO wouldn't want the whole thing to come to a complete end.

Cue spin-off's, prequels, films, there is a vast amount of possible story lines to work with, probably not for a few years though, apart from the one which is in filming now.

hughesie27

Apparently Martin is working on 5 TV shows with HBO however he said not all of them are Westeros related.

vegas-voss
36 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Well that felt more like the end of a season rather than the final ever episode of the whole series.

Guess when you have a cash cow which GoT obviously is,  Martin & HBO wouldn't want the whole thing to come to a complete end.

Cue spin-off's, prequels, films, there is a vast amount of possible story lines to work with, probably not for a few years though, apart from the one which is in filming now.

Even the one in the works might not be for a couple of years according to the producers

Jambo-Jimbo
8 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Even the one in the works might not be for a couple of years according to the producers

Yeh heard that as well, that it might be a full year or more after the filming has finished for the children of the forest or whatever they decide to call it before it comes to our screens, so that could be close on two years.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

vegas-voss
21 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

Yeh heard that as well, that it might be a full year or more after the filming has finished for the children of the forest or whatever they decide to call it before it comes to our screens, so that could be close on two years.

Read about it yesterday it actually sounding pretty good a lot more to it than just the children of the forest.More the rise of all the houses and Azor Ahai to be part of it they think as they reckon Naomi Watts is playing his wife 

Jambo-Jimbo
16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Read about it yesterday it actually sounding pretty good a lot more to it than just the children of the forest.More the rise of all the houses and Azor Ahai to be part of it they think as they reckon Naomi Watts is playing his wife 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-48280752

Miranda Richardson as well.

Edited by Jambo-Jimbo

vegas-voss

Why didn't they just reveal to the houses that John was the true heir to the throne.

hughesie27
16 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Why didn't they just reveal to the houses that John was the true heir to the throne.

Greyworm likely didn't care for that anyway.

Also, Jon wasn't interested in being King.

Tazio
16 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

He wasn’t interested in anything if the acting performance was anything to go by. 

vegas-voss
43 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

He might have said that but you could see from the moment he was told who he was that he kind of fancied it it's just Dany was in the way.

Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Yes, I was waiting on Tyrion coming out with that at the houses meeting, especially when he told Greyworm that it wasn't his (Greyworm's) decision what happened to Jon & Greyworm asked who's decision was it.

Les Izemore
On 20/05/2019 at 08:50, Shooter McGavin said:

Not going to lie, I’m buzzing that the last 3 episodes have all had terrible reviews, I don’t watch it and basically everybody at work has been telling me it’s the best thing to ever happen to this earth. 

I remember asking them what they would do if the ending is s****, “it’s too big to fail” was the reply. 

Just a poor mans breaking bad......

:pleasing::verysmug:

I almost agreed with you. Then I remembered I’ve never watched Breaking Bad either. Or the Sopranos. Or any other over-hyped shite TV Series.

I did love Happy Days though. ?

Shooter McGavin
28 minutes ago, Les Izemore said:

I almost agreed with you. Then I remembered I’ve never watched Breaking Bad either. Or the Sopranos. Or any other over-hyped shite TV Series.

I enjoyed Breaking Bad, but anybody telling you that a TV series is the best thing in the world ever is a moron who’s probably quite boring and thinks watching endless tv shows is a personality trait. 

vegas-voss

Trying to think of any great shows that do have a good ending.Can only really think of The Wire as it comes to a natural conclusion.

Kalamazoo Jambo
23 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Trying to think of any great shows that do have a good ending.Can only really think of The Wire as it comes to a natural conclusion.

Six Feet Under and M*A*S*H come to mind.

Les Izemore
58 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

I enjoyed Breaking Bad, but anybody telling you that a TV series is the best thing in the world ever is a moron who’s probably quite boring and thinks watching endless tv shows is a personality trait. 

Succinct and spot on. How can someone enjoy staring at some made up stuff rather than meeting and enjoying real life kinda baffles me. I know that makes me sound like a choob, and each to their own, but it’s not for me. 

I should also admit that the cinema bores me to tears as well. It must be over 35 something years since I went. I know, I’m boring as all hell. Gimme the company of friends and strangers any day. 

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, Les Izemore said:

The original “jumping of the shark” ??

JamesM48
56 minutes ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

Six Feet Under and M*A*S*H come to mind.

Oh yea Six feet under had a terrific ending. I also think " The sopranos" did too.  Despite many who didnt.  I felt the ending of GOT was ok.  It did tie up many loose ends and paves the way for a film or three !  Im betting that the Mother of dragons will rise again....! She has before.  

indianajones
2 hours ago, Les Izemore said:

If you think breaking bad and especially the sopranos is over hyped thus making it not worthy of a watch I feel sorry for you! 

Give them a go. Honestly excellent stories. 

Mr 3 Putt

Breaking bad was good but it annoyed the shite out me. Would leave every episode on a belter of a cliff hanger then the follow up episode just didn't live up to the hype. The Blacklist is up there for one of my best series.

Sooperstar
1 hour ago, Les Izemore said:

Succinct and spot on. How can someone enjoy staring at some made up stuff rather than meeting and enjoying real life kinda baffles me. I know that makes me sound like a choob, and each to their own, but it’s not for me. 

I should also admit that the cinema bores me to tears as well. It must be over 35 something years since I went. I know, I’m boring as all hell. Gimme the company of friends and strangers any day. 

Instead you are spending your time on an internet forum reading about a programme you have no interest in and judging others you have never watched. Aye, some life you've grabbed yourself there!

Les Izemore
45 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Instead you are spending your time on an internet forum reading about a programme you have no interest in and judging others you have never watched. Aye, some life you've grabbed yourself there!

It’s way worse than that. I spend a large portion of my life in the pub. 

TV and cinema do now’t for me so I fill my life with beer and talking shite. Much like GOT, but far less beer I believe. 

No need to take it personally though, I did say each to their own.

If you enjoy watching rubbish on a wide-screen TV with surround sound crack on. 

I genuinely cannot get get my head around how people obsess about it and try to predict plots etc.

Speak with a real human. 

?

Mr Brightside
28 minutes ago, Les Izemore said:

It’s way worse than that. I spend a large portion of my life in the pub. 

TV and cinema do now’t for me so I fill my life with beer and talking shite. Much like GOT, but far less beer I believe. 

No need to take it personally though, I did say each to their own.

If you enjoy watching rubbish on a wide-screen TV with surround sound crack on. 

I genuinely cannot get get my head around how people obsess about it and try to predict plots etc.

Speak with a real human. 

?

Lots of people use tv and film as a subject to talk to real people. It gives a shared topic to chat about, much like watching football then talking about it.

TV & movies and talking to real people are not mutually exclusive.

Les Izemore
22 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Lots of people use tv and film as a subject to talk to real people. It gives a shared topic to chat about, much like watching football then talking about it.

TV & movies and talking to real people are not mutually exclusive.

That’s a very good point and well made. 

My lack of watching  disappointing fantasy drama is probably the main reason my chat is so poor. 

Box sets required. 

Alan_R
4 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Ive banged on about it before on here but now they are both over I'd say Black Sails was better than GoT. Consistently brilliant for 4 seasons and criminally under rated.

Gangland Undercover was one of my favourites as well and reached a conclusion.