Jump to content
Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Recommended Posts

hughesie27
10 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

 

Absurd. But.....that’s what you earn in a series like this where you can’t change actors and don’t tie them down. HBO will make much more and Headey is pivotal regardless.

its obscene though I agree. Think Martin at Hearts ??

You should see how much we are paying our joint top earner Connor Sammon...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlimOzturk

They have run out of source material and the person who truly knows the characters and their destination George R.R Martin hasn't finished the story. The show writers have tried to finish an increbly complex story by themselves and have failed. And for a show with the budget of GOT the lighting has been shocking this season which does not help. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
indianajones
19 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:

 

Apparently you never saw Lost.

 

This is worse imo. 

 

Game of thrones is bigger than lost ever was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo

Reading that Varys tried to poison Dani via the kid from the kitchen that he was talking to “She refuses to eat” was the dialogue. 

 

Makes sense now if that was the case but if it was, I completely missed it. 

 

Wasnt exactly clear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
1 hour ago, AlimOzturk said:

They have run out of source material and the person who truly knows the characters and their destination George R.R Martin hasn't finished the story. The show writers have tried to finish an increbly complex story by themselves and have failed. And for a show with the budget of GOT the lighting has been shocking this season which does not help. 

 

 

 

Didn’t Martin write them a 120 page synopsis to follow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Reading that Varys tried to poison Dani via the kid from the kitchen that he was talking to “She refuses to eat” was the dialogue. 

 

Makes sense now if that was the case but if it was, I completely missed it. 

 

Wasnt exactly clear. 

Sounds like nothing other than a fan theory. Plausible though. Would even have justified his death and given it some more substance. Especially given what he attempted in season 1.

Edited by hughesie27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Toggie88
5 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Sounds like nothing other than a fan theory. Plausible though. Would even have justified his death and given it some more substance. Especially given what he attempted in season 1.

I thought they were trying to make it pretty clear that he had tried to poison her. 

 

D6iQv_YWAAAgSae.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
39 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

I thought they were trying to make it pretty clear that he had tried to poison her. 

 

D6iQv_YWAAAgSae.jpg

 

 

 

Thought it was pretty clear as well ??‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
gjcc
Posted (edited)

Thought it was clear to. 

 

Possible that Varys didn’t succeed in giving her enough poison to kill, but enough to turn her mad. 

Edited by gjcc
Hit post by accident

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27

Reading that it does seem likely. Just not obvious to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
1 hour ago, Toggie88 said:

I thought they were trying to make it pretty clear that he had tried to poison her. 

 

D6iQv_YWAAAgSae.jpg

 

 

Well now that I read that it does seem to be the case. Getting my eyes n lugs checked the morra ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Captain Sausage

Just watched the latest episode. 

 

All feels far too rushed. How did Jamie survive being stabbed twice to then casually walk up a bunch of stairs and ‘rescue’ Cersei? Feels like the writers are taking the piss now. 

 

Dany’s actions also make little sense - why go after everyone in Kings Landing, it’s completely out of character. 

 

Another episode where I’m Very meh. At least it was daytime this time so I could tell what was happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
3 hours ago, To Be Frank said:

 

Didn’t Martin write them a 120 page synopsis to follow?

 

He has worked closely with the writers so it’s not the departure some would think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1971fozzy
1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Just watched the latest episode. 

 

All feels far too rushed. How did Jamie survive being stabbed twice to then casually walk up a bunch of stairs and ‘rescue’ Cersei? Feels like the writers are taking the piss now. 

 

Dany’s actions also make little sense - why go after everyone in Kings Landing, it’s completely out of character. 

 

Another episode where I’m Very meh. At least it was daytime this time so I could tell what was happening. 

 

Danys plight has started a while ago. She’s lost absolutely  everything and went exactly the way of her dad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
12 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Dany’s actions also make little sense - why go after everyone in Kings Landing, it’s completely out of character. 

 

 

Wouldn't say it's out of character at all, if you think of her freeing slaves etc as simply being just good PR while she acts like a radge then the only thing out of character is the lack of good PR while she keeps doing what she's always done, kill anyone she deems disloyal or her enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To Be Frank
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

 

Wouldn't say it's out of character at all, if you think of her freeing slaves etc as simply being just good PR while she acts like a radge then the only thing out of character is the lack of good PR while she keeps doing what she's always done, kill anyone she deems disloyal or her enemy.

 

She has never killed innocents before, only those who betrayed her or challenged her authority.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble
10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

 

She has never killed innocents before, only those who betrayed her or challenged her authority.

 

Yes, but has she only not killed innocents before because since she's become the Mother of Dragons she's nearly always had someone to justifiably kill to satisfy her bloodlust? 

 

Plus as she becomes more and more the Mad Queen does she even see the people of Kings Landing as innocents or does she just see them as being loyal to Cersei?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RobboM

I'm ok with the main plot of Dany burning down Kings Landing. There's been many examples in past seasons where she has burnt down her enemies. The "visions" of a dragon's shadow flying over Kings Landing and the throne under a snowfall of ash all foreshadowed this as an ending. The transformation though has felt clumsy. I wonder if, when she stopped with Drogon and the bells sounded, what if they had a series of flashbacks, through all the violent deaths she has been involved in, allies she has lost, betrayals she has experienced right up to Missandei's "Dracarys",  maybe that would have been a way of illustraing her journey to this point in a truncated fashion? What bugs me more is the crappy side stories. Wouldn't it have been better, more shocking and unexpeced, for Euron to have been torched as Dany burnt the ships in Blackwater Bay instead of the ludicrous fight scene with Jamie? As much as fans have talked up Cleganebowl, how about the Keep collapses before The Hound can even get close, no redemption, no neat ending. Has Bronn added anything of use with his quest with a crossbow? For a show that used to be "clever" it hasn't half turned dumb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27

Looking forward to any spin offs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cade
38 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Looking forward to any spin offs.

RR Martin has been shitting out prequels and world histories like nobody's business.

Easier than finishing the main story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Der Kaiser

I've even more attracted to Daenerys after that episode.

 

Who isn't turned on by a wee bit angry crazy.....

 

:wow:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
2 hours ago, RobboM said:

I'm ok with the main plot of Dany burning down Kings Landing. There's been many examples in past seasons where she has burnt down her enemies. The "visions" of a dragon's shadow flying over Kings Landing and the throne under a snowfall of ash all foreshadowed this as an ending. The transformation though has felt clumsy. I wonder if, when she stopped with Drogon and the bells sounded, what if they had a series of flashbacks, through all the violent deaths she has been involved in, allies she has lost, betrayals she has experienced right up to Missandei's "Dracarys",  maybe that would have been a way of illustraing her journey to this point in a truncated fashion? What bugs me more is the crappy side stories. Wouldn't it have been better, more shocking and unexpeced, for Euron to have been torched as Dany burnt the ships in Blackwater Bay instead of the ludicrous fight scene with Jamie? As much as fans have talked up Cleganebowl, how about the Keep collapses before The Hound can even get close, no redemption, no neat ending. Has Bronn added anything of use with his quest with a crossbow? For a show that used to be "clever" it hasn't half turned dumb

Forgot about Bronn. Hes only got 1 Lannister left & theres no way hes collecting his new castle, estate & title. Be cool if he tries in the last episode though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27

How are they going to manage to conclude all of this to a decent end in 1 episode?

 

Bronn

Brann

Iron Throne Winner

Sansa

Arya

All need a decent conclusion.

Can see a few deaths as an easy out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

How are they going to manage to conclude all of this to a decent end in 1 episode?

 

Bronn

Brann

Iron Throne Winner

Sansa

Arya

All need a decent conclusion.

Can see a few deaths as an easy out.

 

 

Does someone need to be sat on the throne for it to end? We’re all preoccupied with who will sit on it, that no-one seems to entertain the idea that no-one will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Say What Again
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

Does someone need to be sat on the throne for it to end? We’re all preoccupied with who will sit on it, that no-one seems to entertain the idea that no-one will. 

 

Funnily enough, I saw the betting this morning, and nobody to be on the Iron Throne at the end is around 4th favourite.

 

Favourite listed below for anyone interested.

 

Spoiler

Brann Stark is strong favourite at around evs, followed by Sansa at 5/2

Jon/Arya/Nobody all around 6/1 to 8/1 mark

 

Edited by Say What Again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Phil Dunphy
1 hour ago, Say What Again said:

 

Funnily enough, I saw the betting this morning, and nobody to be on the Iron Throne at the end is around 4th favourite.

 

Favourite listed below for anyone interested.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Brann Stark is strong favourite at around evs, followed by Sansa at 5/2

Jon/Arya/Nobody all around 6/1 to 8/1 mark

 

 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the North and South being governed as separate kingdoms when it ends. 

 

Sansa as Queen of the North (ending as the series started, with her wanting to be Queen) and Tyrion in the South, as the Lannister’s have the throne and, technically, he’s next in the line of succession.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic

Someone has set up a petition to get HBO to redo Season 8 :lol:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns
7 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the North and South being governed as separate kingdoms when it ends. 

 

Sansa as Queen of the North (ending as the series started, with her wanting to be Queen) and Tyrion in the South, as the Lannister’s have the throne and, technically, he’s next in the line of succession.  

Sansa North, Brann South and a pregnant Arya carrying the heir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Sansa North, Brann South and a pregnant Arya carrying the heir

 

Who they'll call Ned! 

Edited by AndyNic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack

Maybe we’ll see gendry on the throne now he has a valid claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
12 minutes ago, superjack said:

Maybe we’ll see gendry on the throne now he has a valid claim.

I thought that for a long time, otherwise what's the point in him being Baratheon's *******? But it would seem strange now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maple Leaf
On 14/05/2019 at 12:06, Tazio said:

Just saw a great tweet basically saying Good work for Lena Headey, $1,000,000 an episode to look out a window and drink wine. 

 

I'd be happy to look out a window and drink wine with her, and I would do it for free. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hughesie27
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

I thought that for a long time, otherwise what's the point in him being Baratheon's *******? But it would seem strange now.

To convince Stanis he is the rightful heir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Brow
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, AndyNic said:

IMG_20190516_171634.jpg

 

The incels are raging ???

 

Its a ****ing fantasy series. Its been great and this series is also enjoyable, so its been rushed? Well dry your eyes folks, these things happen. 

 

Folk need to get out more instead of pouring over every wee detail.  Heres a spolier - ITS NO ****ING REAL

 

And if you couldnt see that Daenerys was going to go mental about 4 series ago you need a slap. 

Edited by The Brow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns
2 hours ago, superjack said:

Maybe we’ll see gendry on the throne now he has a valid claim.

Gendry and Arya, uniting the 2 houses? Unfortunately not how it supposedly ends

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Gendry and Arya, uniting the 2 houses? Unfortunately not how it supposedly ends

Fuuuuuuuuuckkkkk offfffffffff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio
2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Fuuuuuuuuuckkkkk offfffffffff.

I agree completely. Spoiler after the episodes please. 

In spoiler tabs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
8 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Gendry and Arya, uniting the 2 houses? Unfortunately not how it supposedly ends

 

Worthy a thread ban. No need whatsoever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The Frenchman Returns

apologies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
superjack
40 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

Worthy a thread ban. No need whatsoever. 

Not far enough, a total forum ban is called for here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndyNic

Officially off this thread until Monday night. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
scott herbertson

Personally don’t see why Jon won’t end up on the Throne. varys’s litttle speech about his suitability would seem to presage that ending.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mac_fae_Gillie

The excuse for a 2 year wait was the huge cost and time to make these battles for a TV market as it all seems so rushed now it clearly needed 1 more season which would have involved less dramatic scenes but more unveiling scenes to show the character changes of Danny and Jamie and move the story at a slower pace, Still can't get over no reaction scene from Jon telling his sisters who he is, holy hell how to miss one of the most important moments ever.

Massive failings this season almost as bad as Lost. Great programme ruined by not having to care if viewers continue watching in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Mac_fae_Gillie said:

The excuse for a 2 year wait was the huge cost and time to make these battles for a TV market as it all seems so rushed now it clearly needed 1 more season which would have involved less dramatic scenes but more unveiling scenes to show the character changes of Danny and Jamie and move the story at a slower pace, Still can't get over no reaction scene from Jon telling his sisters who he is, holy hell how to miss one of the most important moments ever.

Massive failings this season almost as bad as Lost. Great programme ruined by not having to care if viewers continue watching in the future.

 

I do think they were on a bit of hiding to nothing either way. Folk were moaning in previous seasons when there wasn't enough action and they were apparently spending too much time on characters but this season they are criticised for the opposite. It might not be the same folk tbf and they have backed themselves into a corner opting for 6 episodes and 1 season. Two seasons to wrap all the main characters stories up properly would have been perfect imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jambo-Jimbo
1 hour ago, AlphonseCapone said:

 

I do think they were on a bit of hiding to nothing either way. Folk were moaning in previous seasons when there wasn't enough action and they were apparently spending too much time on characters but this season they are criticised for the opposite. It might not be the same folk tbf and they have backed themselves into a corner opting for 6 episodes and 1 season. Two seasons to wrap all the main characters stories up properly would have been perfect imo. 

 

Agreed, it's all a bit rushed now to try and tie up all of the story lines they have been building for the last 7 seasons.

For me a huge disappointment was the Night King, for 7 seasons all we've heard about is 'Winter is coming' and the all but invincible night king and in the flash of a blade he's gone and the whole massive build up over 7 seasons just ended so flatly imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AlphonseCapone
5 minutes ago, Jambo-Jimbo said:

 

Agreed, it's all a bit rushed now to try and tie up all of the story lines they have been building for the last 7 seasons.

For me a huge disappointment was the Night King, for 7 seasons all we've heard about is 'Winter is coming' and the all but invincible night king and in the flash of a blade he's gone and the whole massive build up over 7 seasons just ended so flatly imo.

 

Definitely, it was very underwhelming in the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheStig

At work and sitting thinking, when dany decided to go full BBQ mode kings landing looked in a pretty good state. Too much of a good state considering cersei blew half of it up with wildfire not so long ago, same goes for winterfell after the battle. The workies on site must have been on a job and finish contract.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tazio

Another thing that dawned on me, if someone were to get rid of Dany (sneaky Arya stabbing would be good) then you're stuck with a very large pissed off dragon that has already destroyed all the scorpions that seem to be the only way to get rid of them. Tricky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pans Jambo
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Another thing that dawned on me, if someone were to get rid of Dany (sneaky Arya stabbing would be good) then you're stuck with a very large pissed off dragon that has already destroyed all the scorpions that seem to be the only way to get rid of them. Tricky.

Perhaps Jon being of Targaryen blood might allow him to calm/control the dragon?

 

Just a guess but its obvious shes gonna bite the dust last episode and I would bet it will be Arya or Jon that will dispatch her.

 

Not so sure how the unsullied will feel about their queen getting slaughtered though.

Edited by Pans Jambo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...