Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Game of Thrones Season 8 (spoilers are coming)

Dunks
17 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Laying next to Bobby Ewing.

And Bouncer :D

TheStig

Grey worm is going to lose his shit in the next battle. Can see him trying to take on the mountain and losing.

alwaysthereinspirit
5 minutes ago, Dunks said:

She definitely put in her gym time on upper chest muscles.

milky_26
25 minutes ago, Dunks said:

after shooting mr burns

milky_26
27 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Agree about the boats. They should be tinder. 

The line from Danni “we can live together, I’ve just told you how” was interesting. 

I dont think it’ll end well for her TBH. 

they have laid the groundwork for her to be like her father and become the mad queen

Uncle Buck

I don’t think I enjoyed it as much as last weeks. Ghost is going beyond the wall, Rhaegal is dead and Sam/Gilly are naming their child after Jon. I’m pretty sure that’s setting up for him to die.

indianajones
38 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Agree about the boats. They should be tinder. 

The line from Danni “we can live together, I’ve just told you how” was interesting. 

I dont think it’ll end well for her TBH. 

She has been pretty annoying for at least 3 seasons to be honest. Wouldn't mind it in the slightest. 

bajthejambo

I can't believe Jon didn't even go to Ghost before he left. All he did was look at him. Poor thing was devastated.

Sooperstar
35 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I can't believe Jon didn't even go to Ghost before he left. All he did was look at him. Poor thing was devastated.

It was a prick move.

AlimOzturk
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

It was a prick move.

Agreed. That wolf risked it's life on more than one occasion for him

Prick 

Edited by AlimOzturk

Alan_R
6 hours ago, Tazio said:

I think it’s going to end up with nobody getting what they want. The people who end up with power will be ones who never wanted or expected it. With the possible exception of Sansa. 

Either Jon.

Varys: "have you even considered the best ruler may be the one who doesnt want it"

or.. after all this could it be bran afterall?

Or at very long odds but wouldnt surprise me if someone random like Gendry or Bronn is left at the end. GRR always hints at how he likes untypical heroes to come from nothing.

Alan_R
2 hours ago, Ak47 said:

I agree, Worst episode of the series for me.

Winterfell rebuilt overnight.

The Bronn story line is ridiculous.

The Dragon dying from a heat seeking ballista fired from the other side of an island, the them missing every shot when shes flying straight at them.

They build us up to revealing Johns identity to his family and the scene cuts away.

A lot of filler, and yet the more important things seem rushed IMO

Spoiler

bronn has been one of my favourite characters throughout, some great lines. He was always a rogue but somewhat honorable even if it was usually for his own gains. you might argue thats why he spared them but it was ridiculous for him to waltz in like that... surely wouldnt be hard to go after him a short time later and have him executed if it came to it.

agree the pace is well off in this series.

Sooperstar

One thing though. There was an army of about 30 outside Kings Landing. Why did Cersei not just take them all out?

bajthejambo

I think Dany is hanging on by a thread. All of her followers are dropping like flies. Once Tyrion abandons her cause, she's finished.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
2 hours ago, Ak47 said:

I agree, Worst episode of the series for me.

Winterfell rebuilt overnight.

The Bronn story line is ridiculous.

The Dragon dying from a heat seeking ballista fired from the other side of an island, the them missing every shot when shes flying straight at them.

They build us up to revealing Johns identity to his family and the scene cuts away.

A lot of filler, and yet the more important things seem rushed IMO

The difficulty with that one is there has now been 3 scenes of the R+L=J theory being told. Sam and Bran in season 7 (on top of the original two visions Bran had of the Tower of Joy in s6), Sam and Jon and then Jon and Daenerys this season. The show runners said in one of the behind the episodes there’s a danger of having these scenes repeat themselves. So that’s what they cut Jon/Brans reveal to the Stark girls, Sansa to Tyrion and Tyrion to Varys. For what’s its worth I would have liked

to have seen the Jon reveal to his sisters and their initia reaction. Although Jon at least clapping his direwolf before ditching would have been my preference . Can’t believe CGI issues would have stopped that if they can manage people riding dragons 

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

I think Dany is hanging on by a thread. All of her followers are dropping like flies. Once Tyrion abandons her cause, she's finished.

The writing is so unbelievably obvious, she’s going like her dad, “the mad queen” and she’s gonna die.. I wonder who will have to do it. ? the real king who loves her maybe. 

This is series has absolutely ****ed the whole show.. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

Does Gendry not know his lore very well. Thought KL *******s were called Waters, Rivers are those from the Riverlands 

hughesie27
8 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

The writing is so unbelievably obvious, she’s going like her dad, “the mad queen” and she’s gonna die.. I wonder who will have to do it. ? the real king who loves her maybe. 

This is series has absolutely ****ed the whole show.. 

It would be pretty shit if it got to the last episode and she randomly turns mad in an instant.

hughesie27

Is Jaimie now going back to fight for Cersei?

Alan_R
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Does Gendry not know his lore very well. Thought KL *******s were called Waters, Rivers are those from the Riverlands 

I googled it and apparently because he was never acknowledged as a ******* by robert he was never given the ******* surname of waters. (like Jon was acknowledged by Ned as his ******* son and therefore christened snow for the north)

Now that doesnt expalin how Rivers comes into it but I think it does mean on screen Gendry did get it right. Not a mistake as you might think.

Only ******* of HIGH BORN parents are named in this way. Since he didnt know he was a baratheon til recently he wasnt named as per the usual customs. (http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/*******y#Surnames)

Edited by Alan_R

indianajones
6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Pump her the kill her. 

imo. 

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I googled it and apparently because he was never acknowledged as a ******* by robert he was never given the ******* surname of waters. (like Jon was acknowledged by Ned as his ******* son and therefore christened snow for the north)

Now that doesnt expalin how Rivers comes into it but I think it does mean on screen Gendry did get it right. Not a mistake as you might think.

Yes ive seen a couple of debates about it today. That would mean he has no surname and he didn’t get it right. he was neither Waters or Rivers. 

Edited by Steve_Jersey_HMFC

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

It would be pretty shit if it got to the last episode and she randomly turns mad in an instant.

Shes been turning mad since the first episode of S8, they have made a really big deal of her snapping and losing the plot, foment out of their way to highlight those scenes. 2 dragons down, Jorah and now missande beheaded, Varys about to turn..

its so utterly obvious. 

Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Nah, I think that's what they want you to think but actually when he says he is 'filled with hate' or whatever then that hate is directed towards Cersei now. Maybe.

Uncle Buck
24 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

He’ll kill her.

Tazio

I called the mad queen thing a long time ago as did a lot of others. What chance Tyrion ruling the south and Sansa the north as happily estranged spouses?

hughesie27
11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Shes been turning mad since the first episode of S8, they have made a really big deal of her snapping and losing the plot, foment out of their way to highlight those scenes. 2 dragons down, Jorah and now missande beheaded, Varys about to turn..

its so utterly obvious. 

That's my point. If she suddenly turned mad in the last Ep with no foreshadowing it would be ridiculous. I don't think they are trying to hide her personality shift.

11 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

He’ll kill her.

King and Queen Slayer

Alan_R
1 hour ago, hughesie27 said:

That's my point. If she suddenly turned mad in the last Ep with no foreshadowing it would be ridiculous. I don't think they are trying to hide her personality shift.

King and Queen Slayer

My guess is that we might even get a "burn them, burn them all" as she tries to attack despite Cersei's human shield of common folk

AndyNic
6 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

My guess is that we might even get a "burn them, burn them all" as she tries to attack despite Cersei's human shield of common folk

I thought similar with Jon then stepping in/fighting her to stop her killing the innocent.

Bozi

I think they will make Dany appear to be going mad, looking to kill John and ensure her claim to the throne but wil either - 

Sacrifice herself to save him or

Try to turn her dragon on him only for it to kill her instead as it knows he is the rightful king 

bajthejambo

Chances of more dragons next week? Surely one of them has laid some eggs?

Say What Again
Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

One thing though. There was an army of about 30 outside Kings Landing. Why did Cersei not just take them all out?

I said this to the missus last night. The pending war/battle could have been ended there are then by easily killing them all (bar Jon).

Also agree about the post earlier in the thread about the ballista's on the boats. Once she flew past them she could have turned them to ash from behind.

I read at the start of this season that the opening credits can reflect what's currently going on or going to happen. With that in mind I called the dragons death before the episode, when I saw the ballista pointed at a dragon head in the credits. :( . Going to skip past the credits from now.

Edited by Say What Again

hughesie27
2 minutes ago, Say What Again said:

I said this to the missus last night. The pending war/battle could have been ended there are then by easily killing them all (bar Jon).

Also agree about the post earlier in the thread about the ballista's on the boats. Once she flew past them she could have turned them to ash from behind.

I read at the start of this season that the opening credits can reflect what's currently going on or going to happen. With that in mind I called the dragons death before the episode, when I saw the ballista pointed at a dragon head in the credits. :( . Going to skip past the credits from now.

The arrow pointed st the dragons Skull has been part of the credits since episode 1. It harkens back to then Qybern first showed his invention to Cersei.

Say What Again
39 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

The arrow pointed st the dragons Skull has been part of the credits since episode 1. It harkens back to then Qybern first showed his invention to Cersei.

Ahh. I don’t usually pay attention to the credits until I read that it reflected what was going on. 

Last night was just a coincidence then that I paid attention during the episode the dragon bit the dust. 

Lemongrab
5 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

Chances of more dragons next week? Surely one of them has laid some eggs?

You mean I missed the dragon pumping scenes? Dammit. :(

alwaysthereinspirit
3 hours ago, Lemongrab said:

You mean I missed the dragon pumping scenes? Dammit. :(

Most of the other main characters have banged at least one family member. Might as well let the dragons get some.

Tazio
35 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Most of the other main characters have banged at least one family member. Might as well let the dragons get some.

I think they're all male, though some reptiles can reproduce without a partner with parthenogenesis an option if no males are around. Maybe dragons can do it the other way around? Or perhaps more to the point how did she know they were all male? 

alwaysthereinspirit
10 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I think they're all male, though some reptiles can reproduce without a partner with parthenogenesis an option if no males are around. Maybe dragons can do it the other way around? Or perhaps more to the point how did she know they were all male? 

She's a wee bit of a goer so I'm sure she's ridden all three. At least once.

Cade

GoT lore seems to make up how dragons reproduce as it goes too.

Some maesters say there are different sexes, some say that they can change sex during their lifetime and others say they are asexual.

RR Martin seems not to bother with details.

"Dragons are magic lol" seems to be the best he can come up with.

1971fozzy

It’s all about Jamie now for me. It’s going to be a brilliant last 2 episodes

Maple Leaf

I thought the most recent episode was disappointing.

The Bronn sudden appearance at Winterfell ?  Yeah right.

The long range death of the dragon was implausible.  

The final scene where Cersei has Dany, Greyworm, Tyrion, and all the surviving Unsullied within range of her giant crossbows and archers ... and lets them go?  Nah.

Suddenly Dany looks helpless and, despite her furious expression, it's hard to figure out how she's going to capture a well-defended King's Landing, even when the armies of the North arrive.

bajthejambo

Apparently Ghost didn't recieve a proper goodbye from Jon due to CGI complications. A giant picked up Lyanna in the last episode. Make of that what you will?

hughesie27
12 minutes ago, bajthejambo said:

Apparently Ghost didn't recieve a proper goodbye from Jon due to CGI complications. A giant picked up Lyanna in the last episode. Make of that what you will?

I see you have just been on twitter as well.

Alex Kintner
7 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

I thought the most recent episode was disappointing.

The Bronn sudden appearance at Winterfell ?  Yeah right.

The long range death of the dragon was implausible.  

The final scene where Cersei has Dany, Greyworm, Tyrion, and all the surviving Unsullied within range of her giant crossbows and archers ... and lets them go?  Nah.

Suddenly Dany looks helpless and, despite her furious expression, it's hard to figure out how she's going to capture a well-defended King's Landing, even when the armies of the North arrive.

Tunnels I reckon?

AndyNic

Alex Kintner

Wonder if Arya will encounter Shaggydog and the pack at some point on the Kings Road?

hughesie27
10 minutes ago, To Be Frank said:

Wonder if Arya will encounter Shaggydog and the pack at some point on the Kings Road?

I doubt it. He is dead.

Was killed when Rickon got captured as his head was used as proof is Rickons identity.

Cade

You mean Nymeria.

And she already bumped into her last season.

TheStig

Hot pie will come out of nowhere and be the hero of the battle of kings landing.

bajthejambo
13 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

I see you have just been on twitter as well.

Sorry. Credit @twitter.