Statement from Budge

kila

1 hour ago, jambocub said:

They clearly think they speak for hearts wanting certain folk banned from ground for no other reason than different belief's/views.

I completely disagree with some of my mates political views but we have a pint and go to the matches together 

It's about time folk realised hearts fans come from all walks of life  and just get on with supporting the team.

1 hour ago, kila said:

That would be nice wouldn't it? Shame those you speak of are the ones who bring sectarian shite etc to Tynecastle. If only they took your advice.

It’s the expressing of these views vocally that cause the problem. We can all agree that sing derogatory songs about the opposition is unifying but it’s the words that are used where it references the likes of religion, homophobia and the like. Calling them shite is however acceptable (to me anyway☺️)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, jambocub said:

They clearly think they speak for hearts wanting certain folk banned from ground for no other reason than different belief's/views.

I completely disagree with some of my mates political views but we have a pint and go to the matches together 

It's about time folk realised hearts fans come from all walks of life  and just get on with supporting the team.

Yip, when you follow HMFC you do so knowing that it is a very diverse support with regards most subjects outwith football itself. However, it highlights why football, religion and politics should never be mixed. In terms of the route this thread appears to be going down I've been reading one or two things on Facebook and if Robinson does appear at Tynecastle in the near future it will be in the Rangers end of the ground on 2 December.

30 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

You need to stop giving this thing oxygen of publicity. Exactly what they crave 

Very much this. Ignore the twit. Sadly though the media will milk it for all’s it’s worth especially as we are involved.

1 hour ago, Inch Hearts said:

Again I totally agree, leaflets won’t send a very strong message out to anyone though imo. 

There will be plenty of paper planes on the pitch though.

1 hour ago, busby1985 said:

I know it’s ridiculous but it’s true ?. No one has ever went “oh no better no go there cause we’ll get leafletted” ?? 

True. Apologies as well if taken the wrong way (doesn't seem it was), it wasn't meant as a mocking laugh. Genuinely made me laugh at how ridiculous the whole scenario is.

I think the leafletting is good though, it's less about making them not attend but strengthening the bond between the rest of us who in turn can make it clear that Tynecastle is no place for people to further their political ideology.

On that note @maroonleith my suggestion for the flyer would be to de-politicise it. Don't make it left versus right. So maybe don't mention Robinson et am specifically. Just we are against racism, fascism and non-inclusive politics.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

What's your problem with it?

I’m just getting the feeling this is a wind up. I’ve much the same feelings about TR coming to a Hearts game, it’s people at it. They hate KB and know this rustles everybody’s jimmys on here. Evidenced by some of the shrieking type posts on the TR thread. 

This “flyer” if true is a bit of a riddy imo. I don’t think we’re at that stage tbh. 

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If TR attends Tynecastle among the Rangers support we probably won't even notice him☺

You’d just see a line up of Huns on their knees in the concourse all sucking him off. 

1 hour ago, Taffin said:

True. Apologies as well if taken the wrong way (doesn't seem it was), it wasn't meant as a mocking laugh. Genuinely made me laugh at how ridiculous the whole scenario is.

I think the leafletting is good though, it's less about making them not attend but strengthening the bond between the rest of us who in turn can make it clear that Tynecastle is no place for people to further their political ideology.

On that note @maroonleith my suggestion for the flyer would be to de-politicise it. Don't make it left versus right. So maybe don't mention Robinson et am specifically. Just we are against racism, fascism and non-inclusive politics.

No I got that yous weren’t mocking and I hope you got that mine was half toungue in cheek. Scum bags like Robinson won’t be deterred by peaceful campaigns to stop him coming. 200k people marched to keep him in prison etc and it hasn’t stopped him. These types of boys unfortunately have to be met head on. 

Am all for the leaflets as well if it’s an exercise in uniting the normal dudes amongst us to get involved in drowning out the bigots rather than a targeted campaign against one nut job. 

1 hour ago, jack D and coke said:

I’m just getting the feeling this is a wind up. I’ve much the same feelings about TR coming to a Hearts game, it’s people at it. They hate KB and know this rustles everybody’s jimmys on here. Evidenced by some of the shrieking type posts on the TR thread. 

This “flyer” if true is a bit of a riddy imo. I don’t think we’re at that stage tbh. 

Sorry mate but the "riddy" as you put it is having Tommy Robinson associated with Hearts in any way.

As a support we have been absolutely battered since the Hibs game so fair play to these guys as the message they are putting over is one I am sure the overwhelming majority of Hearts support agree with. 

Edited by jambogemz

jack D and coke
30 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Sorry mate but the "riddy" as you put it is having Tommy Robinson associated with Hearts in any way.

As a support we have been absolutely battered since the Hibs game so fair play to these guys as the message they are putting over is one I am sure the overwhelming majority of Hearts support agree with. 

We got a bit of stick granted and some of it deserved tbh. We batter ourselves more than anybody else tbh. 

Nobody dislikes Hearts fans as much as other Hearts fans I find. 

The TR stuff (and I’m all for that being kept miles away from Hearts btw)  I’m sure there’s plenty of people pissing themselves laughing at the amount of ripped jimmys it’s caused.  

The flyer....mibbe it’s to do with that heart shape that Gareth Bale does eberytime he scores. Makes me want to break his fingers and raggy him about by his girly little man bun :lol: 

I don’t trust a lot of people on this board at times either. Place is choc full of Hibbys kiddyin on they’re Hearts. 

****ing weirdos. 

4 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

You need to stop giving this thing oxygen of publicity. Exactly what they crave 

This was the point I was getting at. Highlighting and magnifying a problem that really doesn't exist. 

Every club throughout the land will have these groups associated with their clubs. We start handing out leaflets and it plays into the hands of anyone who'd like to ram it up us. We're pretty much admitting to a problem we don't have. And there'll be no shortage a of folk willing to stick the boot in!

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, JyTees said:

This was the point I was getting at. Highlighting and magnifying a problem that really doesn't exist. 

Every club throughout the land will have these groups associated with their clubs. We start handing out leaflets and it plays into the hands of anyone who'd like to ram it up us. We're pretty much admitting to a problem we don't have. And there'll be no shortage a of folk willing to stick the boot in!

''A problem we don't have''?

Lee Rigby flags, Red Hands, sectarian and bigoted songs, using the MB image as some kind of propaganda tool. Yeah, no problems there.

An interesting quote from Jack Alexander today. 

"Ever since the inauguration of the memorial cairn in the Somme Village of Contalmaison, it has attracted the attention of a small cadre of intensely stupid individuals who like to think themselves keepers of some mythical tradition of Heart of Midlothian as a protestant loyalist club. They come to the western front, meet up with their equally bigoted cohorts from Lanarkshire and NI and sing their dubious songs of hate. They have no place drawing McCraes battalion onto their petty little world"

First I've heard of this but it's truly disgusting. 

Edited by jambogemz

11 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

"Ever since the inauguration of the memorial cairn in the Somme Village of Contalmaison, it has attracted the attention of a small cadre of intensely stupid individuals who like to think themselves keepers of some mythical tradition of Heart of Midlothian as a protestant loyalist club. They come to the western front, meet up with their equally bigoted cohorts from Lanarkshire and NI and sing their dubious songs of hate. They have no place drawing McCraes battalion onto their petty little world"

It really is but the bigots on here just ignore any common sense and continue to stick their fingers in their ears and eyes and ignore the growing problem

Just now, XB52 said:

It really is but the bigots on here just ignore any common sense and continue to stick their fingers in their ears and eyes and ignore the growing problem

Agreed.

25 minutes ago, jambogemz said:

Where was that quoted?

3 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

He has written a letter to the Evening News.

?

They won’t much like the mythical bit. 

itsnomarooned

Clearly I've not been keeping up with current events ............... wtf is the brouhaha about Tommy Robinson?

For clarity, I think he's a knob.

...a bit disco
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

?

They won’t much like the mythical bit. 

:lol:

Kudos Dave.

Bridge of Djoum
7 minutes ago, itsnomarooned said:

Clearly I've not been keeping up with current events ............... wtf is the brouhaha about Tommy Robinson?

For clarity, I think he's a knob.

We signed him on a shreeeeee year deal. Apparently he's gonna play right wing. Replacing Berra as captain.

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

We signed him on a shreeeeee year deal. Apparently he's gonna play right wing. Replacing Berra as captain.

Yeah but he's going to pretend to be centre mid. 

1 hour ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Lee Rigby flags, Red Hands, sectarian and bigoted songs, using the MB image as some kind of propaganda tool. Yeah, no problems there.

Mate, don't engage with me. It'll just end with you running off to the mods...again.

28 minutes ago, JyTees said:

Mate, don't engage with me. It'll just end with you running off to the mods...again.

What are your thoughts on Jack Alexander’s words above?

39 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

You're being ambitious with the plural there, kiddo.

Cheers kiddo

Perhaps if you attempted to engage like an adult rather than call people juvenile names...

???

Edited by ShedBoy

2 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

What are your thoughts on Jack Alexander’s words above?

Think he's spot on, and certainly the correct source for the sentiment to come from.

4 hours ago, jambogemz said:

Jack Alexander has nailed it there. 

6 hours ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Mind give everyone a list of what they can and can't bring to the game 

Just now, jambocub said:

Mind give everyone a list of what they can and can't bring to the game 

Just put ‘a three figure IQ’ on the list, and the rest should take care of itself.

MacDonald Jardine
13 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Maybe that message is getting a little lost under the gross weight of arseholery coming from the spangles in our support nowadays? You were always going to get a reaction to stuff like that. That’s the way these things work. A significant rise in political activity from one end of the spectrum always causes a reaction from the other. 

No arseholes with Lee Rigby Flags and SDL banners = no anti bigotry movement.

Does it?

What about Union Flags?

2 minutes ago, MacDonald Jardine said:

Does it?

What about Union Flags?

Who honestly gives a shit about the flag of the UK being flown? Don’t care. Not even sure what your point is with that question. 

Lee Rigby flag however... er, maybe just pack that shit in right away, eh lads? 

MacDonald Jardine
Just now, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Who honestly gives a shit about the flag of the UK being flown? Don’t care. Not even sure what your point is with that question. 

Lee Rigby flag however... er, maybe just pack that shit in right away, eh lads? 

In fairness you did say that and we agree on the Lee Rigby nonsense, but the rest of this thread is something else.

Just now, MacDonald Jardine said:

In fairness you did say that and we agree on the Lee Rigby nonsense, but the rest of this thread is something else.

Of course I said that. I’ve been bloody consistent from the beginning. I don’t get offended by the flag of a country or nation. Eire, UK, Scotland... no ****s to give. I’m actually surprised so many people do. I’m a bloody card carrying SNP member who wants an independent Scotland too. Union Flag at Tynecastle? Not one **** to give.

The SDL/EDL attaching themselves and their agendas to the club? GTF.

Tommy Robinson using the idiots in our support to self publicise at our club’s expense? GTF.

Arseholes disrespecting the wishes of a murdered soldier’s family and using his name and image to push their agenda beside the club badge? GTF.

3 hours ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Of course I said that. I’ve been bloody consistent from the beginning. I don’t get offended by the flag of a country or nation. Eire, UK, Scotland... no ****s to give. I’m actually surprised so many people do. I’m a bloody card carrying SNP member who wants an independent Scotland too. Union Flag at Tynecastle? Not one **** to give.

The SDL/EDL attaching themselves and their agendas to the club? GTF.

Tommy Robinson using the idiots in our support to self publicise at our club’s expense? GTF.

Arseholes disrespecting the wishes of a murdered soldier’s family and using his name and image to push their agenda beside the club badge? GTF.

You must surely question why somebody would take a UJ to a league football match in Scotland .

4 hours ago, johnthomas said:

You must surely question why somebody would take a UJ to a league football match in Scotland .

Yes, probably they are doing it to get a rise out of Celtic or Hibs fans. Just does t bother me though. I find it a weird thing to get annoyed about. If it had something offensive scrawled on it, then that’s another matter. 

chuck berrys hairline
On 20/11/2018 at 01:36, maroonleith said:

Well, a few of us have had enough. 

We will be leafletting at tynie and setting up a campaign amongst supporters to do our bit.

Logopit_1542610480335.jpg

Fighting racism showing two white hands ? surely a colour of each would be more poignant. Need to narrow down your hate scope I think. Bigotry is a bigger problem than racism and last I seen I couldn't see any swastikas at tynecatle so leave that out of it. Are people not allowed to have right leaning views anymore?? Lefty libtards 

What about middle class Hearts fans, can they also unite against fascism?

Or is this protest just for "working class" ?

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

We're having a bake sale instead.

2 hours ago, SUTOL said:

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

We're having a bake sale instead.

Well dont forget your V-necks and corduroys will you.

3 hours ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Fighting racism showing two white hands ? surely a colour of each would be more poignant. Need to narrow down your hate scope I think. Bigotry is a bigger problem than racism and last I seen I couldn't see any swastikas at tynecatle so leave that out of it. Are people not allowed to have right leaning views anymore?? Lefty libtards 

I think a hand of each skin colour might be hard.. unless you think there is only two?

People are allowed to have whatever views they wish, they should keep them to themselves at Tynecastle though. Especially the more unsavoury ones mentioned on the flyer.

12 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think a hand of each skin colour might be hard.. unless you think there is only two?

People are allowed to have whatever views they wish, they should keep them to themselves at Tynecastle though. Especially the more unsavoury ones mentioned on the flyer.

Make the hands yellow - Simpsons characters welcome too

Pictures are now doing the rounds of the group without their masks on.  Average age about 16/17...........apart from one guy who is much older.

PhoenixHearts
Just now, Notts1874 said:

Pictures are now doing the rounds of the group without their masks on.  Average age about 16/17...........apart from one guy who is much older.

Surely somebody could at least identify some of the wee tramps? A friend of a friend. A second cousins wee toerag pal from school?

Identify.

Notify the club.

Ban.

Easy peasy.

4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Or maybe said older guy had a difficult paper round.

• cosanostra locked this topic