• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• Shanks said no

• Forever Hearts

• graygo

2 hours ago, RDSK said:

Was in the queue for a pish in the San Siro on Sunday night infront of 2 boys in Celtic tops. They stood there belting out In The Heat of Lisbon at a game involving 2 Italian sides. Very cringey stuff.

:cornette:

Tramps.

6 hours ago, RDSK said:

Was in the queue for a pish in the San Siro on Sunday night infront of 2 boys in Celtic tops. They stood there belting out In The Heat of Lisbon at a game involving 2 Italian sides. Very cringey stuff.

Had the same with a shower of Huns at a Hertha Berlin game last year. One guy in particular was acting like a total helmet for the whole 90 minutes, shouting shite weegie patter at the Home players to impress his thick mates. 

I would have thought Hearts would have been opening everything they have including the new Natural Orders bar with signs saying Minimum IQ 20.

That should keep it all trouble free.

On 19/10/2018 at 17:33, Pans Jambo said:

Went as the Grim Reaper last year with the big skeleton fingers and the scythe the lot.

Its fancy dress this year (not horror). Going as Ron Burgandy from Anchorman. Maroon suit, white shoes, kipper tie, wig, stick oan mustache the full shebang.

I would probably get away with that at the game :thumbsup:

???

Edited by ERjambo

1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

I would have thought Hearts would have been opening everything they have including the new Natural Orders bar with signs saying Minimum IQ 20.

That should keep it all trouble free.

No way. 

25 Smelltic fans will show up saying “we fot in meaned ‘in queue!’”

?

1 hour ago, ERjambo said:

No way. 

25 Smelltic fans will show up saying “we fot in meaned ‘in queue!’”

?

Aye because they could spell queue right enough.

Geoff the Mince

Has anyone heard what the Roseburn bar is doing ? 

Would rather see it full of us than them .

3 minutes ago, Geoff the Mince said:

Has anyone heard what the Roseburn bar is doing ? 

Would rather see it full of us than them .

I'll assume Celtic fans. It's location makes it hard to police for our end given it's on the main road West.

Balcarres Street - Hermitage & The Waiting Room open at 10.00 am Sundays. Any locals here know what time booze goes on sale in these boozers ? 

Cheers in advance. 

maroonlegions

Spoke to a NEWCO fan today at work who said that the Murryfield  Sports Bar will be full of Celtic fans.He said this because it was full of Rangers fans when we played them at Murryfield. Is this pace endorsing  a home support only policy??

Selkirkhmfc1874
2 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Spoke to a NEWCO fan today at work who said that the Murryfield  Sports Bar will be full of Celtic fans.He said this because it was full of Rangers fans when we played them at Murryfield. Is this pace endorsing  a home support only policy??

Not true , was and always is full of hearts supporters 

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Not true , was and always is full of hearts supporters 

So he is full of shite then. LOL

I would imagine that bounces might be on the door, to keep the green vermin  out.

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, maroonlegions said:

So he is full of shite then. LOL

I would imagine that bounces might be on the door, to keep the green vermin  out.

Was in for couple before that game and guarantee was as always is full of jambos 

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Was in for couple before that game and guarantee was as always is full of jambos 

So no danger of it being taken over or even allowed to be taken over be green vermin.

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

So no danger of it being taken over or even allowed to be taken over be green vermin.

No chance at all

15 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Possibly talking about the Murrayfield Sports Club rather than the Murrayfield Sports Bar, different places but no idea if he is right or not.

maroonlegions
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

Possibly talking about the Murrayfield Sports Club rather than the Murrayfield Sports Bar, different places but no idea if he is right or not.

Aye he was ranting on about locations right enough and how there will be no places to booze on Sunday for the vermin. Surely the Sports Bar is way out of their location??  

GorgieBoysAreInTown

Shandon a safe option as it holds plenty and will all be hearts. getting a drink at the bar quite a wait but nip through to Locarno for that :)

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

I'm going to guess that the place the person you were speaking to is talking about is the Murrayfield Bar (and Kitchen), which is along at the other corner of the block that the Roseburn Bar is located on. Both of those will be full of the shit as I'd imagine their buses will park somewhere in that area and those getting off trains at Haymarket will be diverted back down that way from the station.

The Murrayfield Sports Bar, which has sponsorship with HMFC, in Westfield Road will be full of HMFC fans. I did hear that most, if not all of the businesses/shops between the Roseburn Bar and Murrayfield Bar will be remaining closed on Sunday, as a result of what happened to the Tescos place directly opposite the Roseburn (think it used to be a Western Motors sales office) when Celtic played European ties at Murrayfield. The Tescos was looted, then smashed up by Celtic fans, and probably more unfortunate was that the guy telling me said police stood on the other side of the road watching what happened.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Was speaking to my cousin who is a celtic fans and going to the game. I suggested meeting up somewhere neutral and away from either set of fans for a few drinks. He suggested malones. Hearts fan, irish bar, ira loving celtic fans. What could possibly go wrong?

Mill or the shandon i think

portobellojambo1
16 minutes ago, farin said:

Seriously doubt the bouncers will let any Celtic fan into westies tomorrow, always rammed with jambo’s at home games. 

I'm guessing by Westies you are referring to the Murrayfield Sports Bar in Westfield Road. I agree with what you say if it is that pub in that there won't be any Celtic fans in it. Their buses will all be parked up North of the stadium, and those getting off trains at Haymarket will predominantly be diverted back towards Roseburn, with the only place you are liable to find a number of them heading for being Malones (formerly Dianes pool hall).

Within Gorgie/Dalry I think the only potential issue could be that some of the social clubs that HMFC fans normally use may be limited to members only tomorrow, as they will be rammed to the doors. I'll be heading where I always go pre match for games at Tynecastle. For the league games we played at Murrayfield I headed for Russell Road as the way to the ground but this time round I'll be heading back along Gorgie Road, down through Wheatfield and round to the ground that way.

I do think the police will try all they can to keep the fans as far away from each other as possible, and get the Celtic fans out of Edinburgh as quickly as possible after the game.

18 hours ago, graygo said:

The murrayfield sports club will be packed with hearts fans. They’ve been fending off phone calls from the vermin all week

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

Threads like this are great, I'm sure they help the part time fans enjoy their day a little more. Good work PHM. 

Bridge of Djoum
On 18/10/2018 at 10:05, maroonlegions said:

15 year olds get in??

DP

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Bridge of Djoum

15 year olds get in??

TP!

Edited by Bridge of Djoum

Bridge of Djoum

15 year olds get in??

Aye but she'll tell you she's 18.

1 hour ago, mutley said:

The murrayfield sports club will be packed with hearts fans. They’ve been fending off phone calls from the vermin all week

:pleasing:

1 hour ago, mutley said:

Aye, more likely it is the Murrayfield bar that PJ1 mentioned above.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
1 hour ago, mutley said:

Selkirkhmfc1874

All you pee heids enjoy your pre match bevvy ! Be orange Lucozade walking to ground for me having my 2 kids and there wee pal with me

Scnorthedinburgh
19 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Threads like this are great, I'm sure they help the part time fans enjoy their day a little more. Good work PHM. 

As a part time fan who was a phm when younger. You do realise you sound like a tosser, with that patter.

How about welcoming all of the hearts family to our biggest support  in Edinburgh in, well my lifetime and guessing yours.

Anyone know what the deal is with the fans bar at Tynecastle?  Think I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread that it’s being used for hospitality?  Had a look on the hearts web site etc but can’t see any mention of it. I’m guessing it’s not open as no word from Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Flogel7 said:

Anyone know what the deal is with the fans bar at Tynecastle?  Think I saw it mentioned earlier in the thread that it’s being used for hospitality?  Had a look on the hearts web site etc but can’t see any mention of it. I’m guessing it’s not open as no word from Hearts. 

As it says on the website, it's closed to the public tomorrow. Due to as you say a hospitality package being run there.

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/eighteen74-fans-bar

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Do we think the police are going to be extra stringent with buses coming in from other areas, ie stopping and searching for booze etc?

1 hour ago, Joe Rogan said:

Shandon at 9am.

9.00 in the morning.

Drinking ?

:sad: 

Edited by Morgan

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
8 hours ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

As a part time fan who was a phm when younger. You do realise you sound like a tosser, with that patter.

How about welcoming all of the hearts family to our biggest support  in Edinburgh in, well my lifetime and guessing yours.

Welcome back, for a couple of weeks at least. 

Apart from enjoying your day out you may want to ask for directions to the sense of humour shop. 

Cheers. ? 

Just now, BarneyBattles said:

4 hours before a semi final. That would mean a late afternoon pint if the original kick off time stood. People are just adjusting accordingly Morgan. Plus the clocks go back so it's only three hours! 

Sheesh. People are so quick to judge?

:lol:

Just having a wee laugh, Barney!

2 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

I know. Me too. I just can't wait for tomorrow! 

Will you be able to watch it on the cote  dazur (can't be bothered with correct punctuation!)   

Yeah, we’re heading along to Nice the morns lunchtime.  Wee bar there showing the game. 

Enjoy yourself Barney, jealous as anything.