Top Posters In This Topic

• maroonlegions

• Shanks said no

• Forever Hearts

• graygo

maroonlegions
3 minutes ago, Chaka Demus & pliers said:

Yes

Thought so cause there are pool tables in the Shandon right enough. PInt for me and a juice and game of pool for the lad.

19 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

I'm taking my 14 year old son so would appreciate a family friendly pub with zero Celtic fans in it. 

Westfield mate has a kids licence and will have a sign outside saying home support only. 2 things tho, I don’t know what time it will open, and it will be rammed 

edit

26FEC288-0C04-4DB5-8D0C-0E17D313714F.png

Edited by ShedBoy

1 hour ago, Rudolf said:

Bacon & Egg Naan doubler.

Outstanding!

Chilli Cheese on toast with two fried eggs on top and rashers of spicy bacon! Fantastic!

Just now, bobskeldon said:

Chilli Cheese on toast with two fried eggs on top and rashers of spicy bacon! Fantastic!

Better not wander too far from a bog then Bob?

Forever Hearts
37 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Westfield mate has a kids licence and will have a sign outside saying home support only. 2 things tho, I don’t know what time it will open, and it will be rammed 

edit

Cheers. Appreciate that. ?

1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

edit

Common sense.

maroonlegions
1 hour ago, ShedBoy said:

edit

No jakeys allowed , great news.

7 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Great watering hole, deffo my choice for this match.

And mine, and with door to door service from the taxi (wife) i will be able to sink a few more than normal.

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

The Mhanks won't get in. Their 'look' is easy to detect. 

Plus their stench.

Do they not restrict their pre-match aperitifs to slugging a few cans of Tennents Super and some Buckie in the streets anyway?

24 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Great watering hole, deffo my choice for this match.

Used to be my local when it was Mr Q’s and I lived on Gorgie Road. Don’t go there too often nowadays, but we went there before the first Murrayfield game last season and it was a bad choice. Took over twenty minutes to get served as the place was absolutely rammed.

5 minutes ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Used to be my local when it was Mr Q’s and I lived on Gorgie Road. Don’t go there too often nowadays, but we went there before the first Murrayfield game last season and it was a bad choice. Took over twenty minutes to get served as the place was absolutely rammed.

Harry though, is their No.1 regular and gets preferential treatment due to his salary being paid directly to the pub.

:) 

4 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Harry though, is their No.1 regular and gets preferential treatment due to his salary being paid directly to the pub.

:D

47 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Aye. Plus their own pish.

Mind you, slugging Tennents Super, Buckie and your own pish?

Let’s not knock it ‘til we’ve tried it eh?  :biggrin2:

Two out of three ain’t bad for me.  

:whistling:

Pasquale for King
On 17/10/2018 at 20:45, frankblack said:

I'd imagine the Police will have a say in this anyway and effectively be sectioning off the Celtic side of the stadium from the Hearts side, so pubs like Murrayfield Hotel, Roseburn etc will all be Mhank bars for the day, and everything else will be Hearts.

Most of the Mhanks will be drinking Buckfast on the streets, anyway.

Same as last season with Huns and sheep, be a few more Celtic fans but Sunday morning is a busy time for them ?.

14 hours ago, Morgan said:

lol.

On 17/10/2018 at 20:14, Forever Hearts said:

I'm taking my 14 year old son so would appreciate a family friendly pub with zero Celtic fans in it. 

Murrayfield Sports Bar usually has kids pre match and handy to the ground....!

The Old Tolbooth

This game must a policing nightmare, we haven't played anyone at Murrayfield yet who will bring such large numbers, and who there's a real poisonous feeling between both sets of fans, there would be less bother at a derby match than against these tinks and the potential for trouble will be huge, it won't take much to spark it off either. 

2 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

This game must a policing nightmare, we haven't played anyone at Murrayfield yet who will bring such large numbers, and who there's a real poisonous feeling between both sets of fans, there would be less bother at a derby match than against these tinks and the potential for trouble will be huge, it won't take much to spark it off either. 

Alright Fraser?

51 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'm sure the policing arrangements will be more than adequate to deal with any potential flashpoints. Most mhanks will enter from the North side and us from the Gorgie side. I just expect it to take a lot longer to get in and get out.

I won't be able to leave the BMC 10 minutes before kick off in this particular instance! 

maroonlegions
4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Been told that Corstorphine Inn opens at 10am and Manse Snooker club at 9am

source a Celtic fan 

Smeltic fan at the work said his mate has booked him in to some bowling club. :rattus:

Forever Hearts
4 hours ago, stuart500 said:

I'm sure the policing arrangements will be more than adequate to deal with any potential flashpoints. Most mhanks will enter from the North side and us from the Gorgie side. I just expect it to take a lot longer to get in and get out.

I won't be able to leave the BMC 10 minutes before kick off in this particular instance! 

There will be plenty of Celtic fans walking from Haymarket right through Gorgie. I just hope the police manage to stay on top of it as my son and I will be sharing a train through from Queen Street with them. 

Mind the old wheatshief at the corner of balgreen road, opposite luckies, for some reason,

unknown to me i wandered in to it prior to a celtic game, tbf nothing was said , was full o them,

only glare ive had was the roseburn bar from a wee ger half my size, mups 

Haloween perty the night before. Hame about 3am. Up at the crack of 12. Shower, Coffee, bottle of lucozade and a bacon roll then away to the match. No pre-drinks for me :(, just rennies!

Dean Winchester
28 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Smeltic fan at the work said his mate has booked him in to some bowling club. :rattus:

:what: 

Doesn't fill me with much confidence. Not really many bowling clubs nearby and I'm booked into the Beechwood.

Heart of Darkness

Have a few beers in Corstorphine - walk down past the zoo hurling abuse and rotten veg at the Celtic buses then sneak away down the Forestry Commission to Pinkhill b4 they can stop the bus to catch me!!  ?

maroonlegions
30 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

:what: 

Doesn't fill me with much confidence. Not really many bowling clubs nearby and I'm booked into the Beechwood.

Aye, wonder what one it could be.  Trying to think were there are bowling clubs near the ground.? Will challenge him tomorrow to name his bowling club.:thumbsup:

larbert_jambo
49 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Haloween perty the night before. Hame about 3am. Up at the crack of 12. Shower, Coffee, bottle of lucozade and a bacon roll then away to the match. No pre-drinks for me :(, just rennies!

You need to turn up at the game dressed as you were from the night before! 

Just now, larbert_jambo said:

You need to turn up at the game dressed as you were from the night before! 

:lol:

No chance I'm looking like a tit 2 days running (no jokes please).

larbert_jambo
3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:lol:

No chance I'm looking like a tit 2 days running (no jokes please).

Are you dressing up as a tit like?

Edited by larbert_jambo

Just now, larbert_jambo said:

Are you dressing up as a tit ?

Went as the Grim Reaper last year with the big skeleton fingers and the scythe the lot.

Its fancy dress this year (not horror). Going as Ron Burgandy from Anchorman. Maroon suit, white shoes, kipper tie, wig, stick oan mustache the full shebang.

I would probably get away with that at the game :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth
5 hours ago, stuart500 said:

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

There will be plenty of Celtic fans walking from Haymarket right through Gorgie. I just hope the police manage to stay on top of it as my son and I will be sharing a train through from Queen Street with them. 

It doesn't matter which way you look at it, keeping the fans apart for this one is going to be impossible. I'll be coming from Fife, arriving at Haymarket, and no doubt will run into those tosspots. 

1 hour ago, Forever Hearts said:

I doubt the police will allow Celtic fans to head up Dalry Road. They will be shepherded off the trains straight along to Murrayfield. No reason for them to be anywhere near Gorgie.

4 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

It doesn't matter which way you look at it, keeping the fans apart for this one is going to be impossible. I'll be coming from Fife, arriving at Haymarket, and no doubt will run into those tosspots. 

I live in Fife too but probably get a bus over. No doubt will be infested as well unfortunately. 

The Old Tolbooth
5 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I live in Fife too but probably get a bus over. No doubt will be infested as well unfortunately. 

They seem to be everywhere mate, even on holiday you can't go anywhere without seen a green and grey sellick tap. 

maroonlegions
1 minute ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

They seem to be everywhere mate, even on holiday you can't go anywhere without seen a green and grey sellick tap. 

Glory hunters, they have an infestation of them.Both arse cheeks have them.

All roads lead to Gorgie
13 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

I doubt the police will allow Celtic fans to head up Dalry Road. They will be shepherded off the trains straight along to Murrayfield. No reason for them to be anywhere near Gorgie.

A good way for Hearts fans to get from Haymarket to Murrayfield could be down by the Haymarket Yards and follow the path to Balbirnie Place and then out at the end of the cycle path at Russell Road. You would only have a short bit of road to share with that lot near the station. I hope the police don't send us round the long way by Dalry Road!

Forever Hearts
23 minutes ago, farin said:

Correct, he’s talking nonsense. They’ll be ushered along to roseburn, they’ll be a heavy police presence at Haymarket insuring it too. 

Ok. There will be zero Celtic fans in Gorgie next Sunday. ?

27 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I was going to bring a couple of my grandkids over. One's 8 and the other 6. First Hearts game. Their Mum and Dad wouldn't let me because it's these scumbags.

Sad but it's probably the right decision.