Semi Final Dot Count

mainstandjambo

25 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

15 out of every section into W8. That gap is going to be annoying 

I don’t think it’ll be that bad, even if we don’t start selling W8.

If you have a look on e-tickets, you’ll see that the sections aren’t split up like Tynie (with a staircase separating each section). At Murrayfield they split right down the middle and each section having two stair cases up the middle, splitting the sections into 3 columns. 

Naturally people in W6 and W10 will stretch out and end up moving a few seats into W8 - taking up the outer columns.

You’ll probably also have people in the upper sections of W6 and W10 decide to move to the front middle column of W8 for a better view. All in all, I think it would just be the middle top section of W8 that might be completely free. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JALBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• scott herbertson

• Clerry Jambo

20 minutes ago, graygo said:

One thing to note is that despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth when the tickets went on sale, anybody who wanted a ticket could get one, as long as they were on the database.

Well played Hearts/SPFL.

Is that the case? Someone told me you had to have bought a ticket for a game in the past 18 months to be able to buy tickets. 

37 minutes ago, henry said:

Is that the case? Someone told me you had to have bought a ticket for a game in the past 18 months to be able to buy tickets. 

Then they were wrong.

You had to be on the database prior to 26th September.

4 tickets each they could buy.

Supporters who registered an account with Hearts either via the Ticket Office or on the eTicket's website on, or prior to, the 26th of September 2018 will be eligible to purchase tickets.

Edited by graygo

Missing dots!!

The lovely fantastic Jalbo has accounted for approximately 30,500 dots in the

maroon half of the stadium. Assuming the Celtic are allocated the same (??) that gives the clubs a combined 61,000 allocation!

So where are the missing 6,000 dots???

Surely, surely, surely the SPFL have not allocated Celtic 35/36,000?? Not saying I’d be against that (looks like we will be short of 30,000 allocation/ sales) but lack of transparency would be a concern!!

Just now, Jambo-Fox said:

Missing dots!!

maroon half of the stadium. Assuming the Celtic are allocated the same (??) that gives the clubs a combined 61,000 allocation!

Surely, surely, surely the SPFL have not allocated Celtic 35/36,000?? Not saying I’d be against that (looks like we will be short of 30,000 allocation/ sales) but lack of transparency would be a concern!!

Segregation plus VIPs and Hampden debenture holders, apparently.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Missing dots!!

They will be for cooperate smooshing from Neil in a stadium he doesn’t think is better than Hampden, and I think around 1,000 to 1,500 for segregation 

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Missing dots!!

PS these were the last words from Longmuir CEO of the SFL  before the SPL / Doncaster took over the merged (SPL / SFL) organisation

We trust the custodians of the new body will continue to work in an open, trustworthy and professional manner for the good of our national game"

My words; Where did it all go wrong SPFL is not fit for purpose, totally incompetent!!

Edited by Jambo-Fox

There’s a good chance Celtic maybe got around 10% more tickets than us - strange it wasn’t officially announced though.

I don’t think we’d really have moaned about that too much - us with 30k, them 33k. Will make **** all difference.

See if my tickets dont come in the post, i can just get them re-printed from the ticket office before hand can't I?

Not looked forward to a game this much in a while, but relying on the postie is breaking me :lol:

55 minutes ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

See if my tickets dont come in the post, i can just get them re-printed from the ticket office before hand can't I?

Not looked forward to a game this much in a while, but relying on the postie is breaking me :lol:

There's a possibility they're already at the TO anyway. Someone else on another thread said his were sitting there for collection when he'd paid for postage (no idea whether he or the TO were right though, but mistakes do happen).

21 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

There's a possibility they're already at the TO anyway. Someone else on another thread said his were sitting there for collection when he'd paid for postage (no idea whether he or the TO were right though, but mistakes do happen).

Yeah was thinking they might have just held them incase they didnt arrive. Fairly sure that they do that after the Wednesday before a Saturday match even if you select postage.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Mine have not arrived , been in touch with TO since Thursday. They say were sent on 19th that’s over a week now. As it’s not Hearts game re prints have to be done by Murrayfield and you have to be on a list of re prints to be collected at Murrayfield TO after 11am on Sunday so would request a re print ASAP as I have.  If your tickets arrive you won’t need the re print but least your covered. TO has been so busy been sending e mails ((Lindsey) and given this info in replies

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Heartbeat said:

Mine have not arrived , been in touch with TO since Thursday. They say were sent on 19th that’s over a week now. As it’s not Hearts game re prints have to be done by Murrayfield and you have to be on a list of re prints to be collected at Murrayfield TO after 11am on Sunday so would request a re print ASAP as I have.  If your tickets arrive you won’t need the re print but least your covered. TO has been so busy been sending e mails ((Lindsey) and given this info in replies

The postman is probably a Hobo.

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

15 out of every section into W8. That gap is going to be annoying 

My first thought, a wee spread out and it wouldn't be noticed. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, graygo said:

One thing to note is that despite all the wailing and gnashing of teeth when the tickets went on sale, anybody who wanted a ticket could get one, as long as they were on the database.

Well played Hearts/SPFL.

The usual posters moaning for moaning sakes.

As many predicted, although great sales we won't completely sell out. 

Plenty tickets. 

J Cheever Loophole
7 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

My cottage is situated off the rd behind 4 other cottages and if anybody’s coming to visit for the first time, I have to stand at the rd like a $20 whore! If I get a new postie, I don’t get mail for weeks!!

ps Ah’ve not made a dink Hawkin ma mutton so far btw

I can’t see us selling the remainder before Sunday unfortunately.

question... how did Anne get to purchase more than 4 tickets... rules for one and rules for another it seems ?. Go on Anne, give another 200 away!! 

letsalldothebeattie

Only W2,4 & 6 available on e tickets a large part of 6 up the back available not too many in other two sections a nice wee burst today would do nicely to get it at least very close to the sell out

TynecastleBC5
1 hour ago, J80MBO said:

Are we close to 28k?

Picked up ten from the ticket office on Thursday at 5:30pm. Boy behind the glass said they were over 27.5k at around 3 o'clock but not quite 28 so definitely!

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

Picked up ten from the ticket office on Thursday at 5:30pm. Boy behind the glass said they were over 27.5k at around 3 o'clock but not quite 28 so definitely!

Check the dot count 

Tickets are definitely still shifting but it would be nice to see W8 opened up for sale as a completely empty section will stand out like a sore thumb (no offence Leigh).

2 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Tickets are definitely still shifting but it would be nice to see W8 opened up for sale as a completely empty section will stand out like a sore thumb (no offence Leigh).

Let's hope he is a very sore thumb by tomorrow at teatime. ?

12 hours ago, Toggie88 said:

C24ED7E5-C32E-45FE-80F9-11E0A6BAF8C9.jpeg

Is that not sections W10/12 or maybe W12/14 you've got empty toggie? Think the first or second part filled one may be W8?

Edited by Gordon Zola

7 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Three JALBO counts coming up today - 10am, 5pm and 10pm. Super Saturday.

DC8352FE-7284-4307-B62F-35A44B00A1BA.gif

Edited by Debut 4

6 minutes ago, JALBO said:

Three JALBO counts coming up today - 10am, 5pm and 10pm. Super Saturday.

Are the counts all taking place at hampden one after the other?

Can't wait till it clicks over 29,000.

9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Missing dots!!

Full house matches at Hampden such as Cup finals the tickets are never split solely between the teams. Usually 23k tickets each leaving 5k troughs oops sorry tickets for blazers etc.

They are just moving the troughs to Murrayfield on this occasion.

Hearts have been getting crowds of around 18k this season at Tynecastle. There are now going to be another 10k on top of that at Murrayfield. Are these extra fans mainly just Jambos who don't go all that often but are coming along because it's in Edinburgh and it's a big game and also perhaps family members of those who go on a regular basis but aren't normally fussed? Perhaps lots of neutrals too?

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Hearts have been getting crowds of around 18k this season at Tynecastle. There are now going to be another 10k on top of that at Murrayfield. Are these extra fans mainly just Jambos who don't go all that often but are coming along because it's in Edinburgh and it's a big game and also perhaps family members of those who go on a regular basis but aren't normally fussed? Perhaps lots of neutrals too?

Probably a mix. I reckon there will be about 25,000 hearts fans who go to tynecastle in a season , just not all at the same time. Eg my son has been once this season, and my daughter twice I think. They'll both be there tomorrow but the guy I usually sit beside will be on a badly planned cruise with his wife.

Great to see that Jimmy Dunne is offering a couple of tickets to anyone who is struggling for one on his instagram. Players must be desperate for a sell out as well!

Just now, Thomson1874 said:

Great to see that Jimmy Dunne is offering a couple of tickets to anyone who is struggling for one on his instagram. Players must be desperate for a sell out as well!

That's a lovely gesture. I really like Jimmy. Even watching the Murrayfield training video on Hearts TV he was one of the first out of the tunnel onto the pitch and he immediately said, "where will the Hearts fans be?" I know it's a phrase often used, but the guy just gets us. I'm sure he'll be asking to have his loan extended until the end of the season.

4 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Probably a mix. I reckon there will be about 25,000 hearts fans who go to tynecastle in a season , just not all at the same time. Eg my son has been once this season, and my daughter twice I think. They'll both be there tomorrow but the guy I usually sit beside will be on a badly planned cruise with his wife.

My brother's the same. He only goes omce or twice a season (partly as he lives outwith Scotland) but he his definitely a Jambo. Even if he lived here he would probably only go to a handful of games and definitely semis/finals. I suppose there are a lot of Jambos out there like that. It woudl be great if we could get even some of the fans who come along on Sunday to become regulars and sell out Tynecastel every week, even for the minor games against Hamilton, Livi etc.

10am:

West Stand - currently selling everything except W8:

Allocation currently on sale: approx 12901

Seats remaining:  651

Seats apparently sold - West Stand: 12250

Hearts End (South Stand) - currently selling everything

Allocation currently on sale: approx 11588

Seats remaining:  0

Seats apparently sold - South Stand: 11588

East Stand - currently selling everything

Allocation currently on sale: approx 4757

Seats remaining:  0

Seats apparently sold - East Stand: 4757

Total seats currently made available for sale: 29,246

Total seats remaining: 651

Total seats apparently sold with the usual caveats:  28,595**

**Including grey'd out hospitality, wheelchair, blind and PA sales, it looks as if we could currently be around 28,820 tickets sold. It looks as if we've sold 70 since 8pm last night.

The last section to go on sale is W8 with a capacity of 1,117.  Including seats remaining from current sections on sale, we have 1,768 left from our allocation of around 30,550.

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, JamboJen said:

That's a lovely gesture. I really like Jimmy. Even watching the Murrayfield training video on Hearts TV he was one of the first out of the tunnel onto the pitch and he immediately said, "where will the Hearts fans be?" I know it's a phrase often used, but the guy just gets us. I'm sure he'll be asking to have his loan extended until the end of the season.

:spoton:

the boy has 100% bought into the Hearts way and totally gets the club and fans 

36 minutes ago, Gordon Zola said:

Is that not sections W10/12 or maybe W12/14 you've got empty toggie? Think the first or second part filled one may be W8?

Nah, it’s right. You can work it as W2 is the section below the commentary box (so less rows). W4 is the next entrance/exit, W6 the one after that and so on. 

The seating plan on the back of our tickets is a little skewed. W10 is a lot more along the touchline than it appears just because of the angle it is taken from - this seating plan shows you a bit more what it’s actually like.

88883044-55BA-49DA-9A8E-93F46E3CA4DF.jpeg

Selkirkhmfc1874
12 minutes ago, JamboJen said:

He wants to stay till end of season 

57 minutes ago, TynecastleBC5 said:

The TO boy might be estimating by the number remaining. I.e. they’ve still got just over 2k tickets left, so sold just under 28k. Might be unaware that the total allocation is actually closer to 30.5k, meaning sales are closer to the 28.5k counted by Jalbo et al. 

Also wouldn't account for hospitality sales. 

41 minutes ago, Toggie88 said:

Nah, it’s right. You can work it as W2 is the section below the commentary box (so less rows). W4 is the next entrance/exit, W6 the one after that and so on. 

The seating plan on the back of our tickets is a little skewed. W10 is a lot more along the touchline than it appears just because of the angle it is taken from - this seating plan shows you a bit more what it’s actually like.

88883044-55BA-49DA-9A8E-93F46E3CA4DF.jpeg

Yeah you're right, you can tell from the entrance/exits. I thought W10 was more in the corner. Didn't help that those sections are massive!!

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

We come up for 5 or 6 games a season normally....generally in the school holidays. It’s our third game so far this season so we couldn’t be counted as regulars but we still love watching Hearts! 

This has worked out perfectly as it’s the start of our half term.

Edited by JayTeeJnr

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

My brother's the same. He only goes omce or twice a season (partly as he lives outwith Scotland) but he his definitely a Jambo. Even if he lived here he would probably only go to a handful of games and definitely semis/finals. I suppose there are a lot of Jambos out there like that. It woudl be great if we could get even some of the fans who come along on Sunday to become regulars and sell out Tynecastel every week, even for the minor games against Hamilton, Livi etc.

People go through phases. 

There’s 7 in our group going on Sunday. 5 of which aren’t present ST holders, but all were at one point in time (talking multiple seasons, even decades, not just one). Other commitments can take over - work, studies, family - but these people are still Jambos to the core. Ask them, and they’ll all be of the view that they will be ST holders again but for whatever reason, haven’t managed it the last few seasons. 

The fact that major games at Tynie are now regularly sold out and on TV, also makes it far easier to justify not going along but those people are still there - cup parades have shown that. 

Price plays a large part as well. It would be complete financial suicide to do this and is not a serious suggestion, but if ST prices were £100/£50  and capacity allowed, then I reckon we’d potentially shift 30k or more.