What have we become...charging to be a mascot ( edited )

Anderson5

Boyces beard
32 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Has anyone bought the mascot package? I was thinking bout taking my wee boy and wondered if was worth the money. Signed him up as a junior jambo and taken to a few games but might be losing him to the dark side in green n white hoops!

My son was a mascot at the rangers game last season and i have to say he loved every second of it. On arrival we where introduced to the girl who would be taking care of the kids that day. The kids (with parents in tow) where taken to the lounge where Gary Locke and some of the players not involved that day where chilling out, the kids got photos with them before being taken on a tour of the stadium. After the stadium tour we where then taken to the museum where the kids got a talk on the history of the club. After the museum we where then taken to the press room and the kids where allowed to sit the chair where Craig gives his interviews and get photos taken.  The kids then recieved a brand new full kit to wear and where given a tour of the home dressing room while the players where out warming up. Craig Levein was in the dressing room at the time and was only to happy to pose with the kids for photos and even allowed then to take there favourite players strip from the peg for the photos. During all this time there is a club photographer taking photos of the kids which are sent to you by email later that day. 30 mins before kick off the kids go out onto the pitch and get a kick about with jock the jambo and and get more photos taken. The parents are then taken to thier seats and the kids are left with the girl who has been with them all day. The kids go in to the tunnel about 5 mins before kick off and then walk out with the team captain or respective favourite players. The kids are then brought to join there parents in the new stand and are given vouchers to use for food and drink during the game. Included in the price are your 3 match tickets and your food vouchers aswell as all the above including a full match kit, its great value i think. Then there is the memories which the kids will never forget, those are priceless. My son is always reminding me  "hey dad remember i walked out with Berra and was playing head tennis in the tunnel with Souttar"

Dunno how other clubs work but Hearts go out of there way to make it a day to remember for the kids.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• luckyBatistuta

• Nookie Bear

• graygo

i wish jj was my dad
2 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Has anyone bought the mascot package? I was thinking bout taking my wee boy and wondered if was worth the money. Signed him up as a junior jambo and taken to a few games but might be losing him to the dark side in green n white hoops!

Exorcism?

My son did this. He couldn't believe it when we first told him that he was going to meet the team. The day was fantastic and all the players were great with him. It is expensive but he talks about this all the time. I would definately do it again,  I just need to save up the cash first!  

11 hours ago, Zlatanable said:

so how much does it cost?

£300

looking at what it includes-

a ticket+2 guests in the main stand: ~£70

Tour:~£50

full kit: ~£40

kiosk vouchers: £10-20

and lots of little things like a lanyard, certificate, signed program, meet and greet with the players, photographs etc. That probably is around £200+ of stuff you’d have to actually pay for if doing this all separately. So £100 of value for the actual experience I think is pretty fair.