Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Morgan

• CJGJ

• The Internet

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alfie Conn

Nerves are building. Couldn't get a ticket through Spurs and wasn't going to pay £2-5k from a re-seller.

No interest in watching it in a boozer in Madrid so I'm watching it in the stadium with 60k other Spurs. Got boat loads of mates in attendance as well so should be a cracking night.

Quietly confident. 

1 hour ago, Alfie Conn said:

Nerves are building. Couldn't get a ticket through Spurs and wasn't going to pay £2-5k from a re-seller.

No interest in watching it in a boozer in Madrid so I'm watching it in the stadium with 60k other Spurs. Got boat loads of mates in attendance as well so should be a cracking night.

Quietly confident. 

Good luck.The build up has been a disgrace for an all English final.

The press have hardly mentioned Spurs all day.

Talksport has been a disgrace today.

30 minutes ago, benny said:

So it wasn’t just me being paranoid then? It seems like the only story in town is this being “the Liverpool final”

1 hour ago, benny said:

32 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So it wasn’t just me being paranoid then? It seems like the only story in town is this being “the Liverpool final”

It's been like that all season.

Not the ordinary Liverpool fan's fault but c'mon Spurs! 

All starting to kick off.

Seemingly Madrid police laying in to everybody.

Anybody that has been to a game in Madrid would know that it was just a matter of time before they started.

10 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Off down to Liverpool in the morning by train for the final, really looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere down there and hopefully culminating in the parade on Sunday, but it's going to be one hell of a tough 90 minutes for sure as Spurs can beat anyone on their day and it really is a 50/50 game for me. 

Likewise. 8.11am train then off to The Grand Central Hall for the game. Fingers crossed. 

17 minutes ago, benny said:

All starting to kick off.

Seemingly Madrid police laying in to everybody.

Anybody that has been to a game in Madrid would know that it was just a matter of time before they started.

Where did you here this?? Few mates in main square and nothing but good banter so far. 

1 hour ago, c9crew said:

Where did you here this?? Few mates in main square and nothing but good banter so far. 

Twitter and some videos beginning to appear online.

Madrid police treat all fans with contempt.Hit first and don't ask questions later.Famous for it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-7092641/Ugly-scenes-Madrid-50-Spurs-fans-battered-police-restaurant.html

Edited by benny

One of my bosses claims to be staunch Liverpool but more importantly-he’s an arse so for that reason COYS ?

When these billionaire clubs plsy each other in the CL final, what does the over excited supporter throw at the opposition coach?  A pound coin just wouldn't cut it but a platinum card wouldn't even reach.

I suppose a full bottle of Moet would do the trick.

Nookie Bear
3 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

When these billionaire clubs plsy each other in the CL final, what does the over excited supporter throw at the opposition coach?  A pound coin just wouldn't cut it but a platinum card wouldn't even reach.

I suppose a full bottle of Moet would do the trick.

In fairness, it’s the clubs who are minted, not the fans. 

The Internet

Seems every time English fans go abroad police are 'heavy handed' against innocent English lads on their total best behaviour :rolleyes:

Malinga the Swinga

You can't blame the Spanish police for using strict policing methods. After all, at least one of these clubs, not Tottenham, has previous for causing fatalities at European finals. They try and sweep it under the carpet, but history does not lie.

Sooperstar

All the pressure on Liverpool but they've coped with that for the last few months. Spurs have needed a fair bit of luck to get to the final and it might just have run out for them. Liverpool should win this one, probably by a couple of goals.

Jambo, Goodbye
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You can't blame the Spanish police for using strict policing methods. After all, at least one of these clubs, not Tottenham, has previous for causing fatalities at European finals. They try and sweep it under the carpet, but history does not lie.

Ah,  so the police battering 50 Tottenham fans is Liverpool's fault? 

Perhaps Madrid shouldn't host cup finals of they don't like football crowds. I once went to a game at the Bernabeu and don't recall seeing any police. The crowd seemed to be made up of mostly tourists tbf. 

Spanish police are nothing but fascist wankers.

i remember that from our trip over their in the 90’s.

having said that with both the Madrid teams having serious problems with ultras in their supports some would argue they have to be.

and wether fair or not the English teams and their supporters are still not welcome or trusted in many places.

what could possibly go wrong.

hopefully it all goes smoothly and everyone behaves but the whole mix of 2 English supports, 2 Spanish supports and the Spanish police just sets off all sorts of alarm bells

Holyrood_Hearts

Liverpool have to win tonight ( I hope they do obviously) but all the pressure is on Klopp given the money spend on the squad & losing 3 finals since he took over. 

Hoping for a comfortable night but i’ll settle for 1-0.

Edited by Holyrood_Hearts

Unknown user

It's tough, one of my least favourite people is Spurs so of course, I hope they lose. But liverpool are so completely unlikeable, I really hope they lose too.

A pile of us at my mates house watching this tonight. Apart from 1, all supporting spurs.

I liked both teams as a wee boy, so not too fussy who wins.

I however hate watching a game in which I don’t want one team to win over the other so, in light of this, I’ll be ‘supporting’ Tottenham but only on a 51% To 49% ratio.

So, COYS!!

6 minutes ago, Cade said:

As a Gooner, I'll be cheering on the Scousers.

Makes me sick to my stomach to do so, but there we are.:sick:

Could be quite a bad week for Arsenal fans. 

Bridge of Djoum
19 hours ago, Alfie Conn said:

Quietly confident. 

Image result for gay sailors

Bridge of Djoum
10 minutes ago, Cade said:

As a Gooner, I'll be cheering on the Scousers.

Makes me sick to my stomach to do so, but there we are.:sick:

Same quandary for me. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, Rossco said:

Is that Lee Wallace in the middle?

or i8.

On 31/05/2019 at 14:24, The Old Tolbooth said:

Off down to Liverpool in the morning by train for the final, really looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere down there and hopefully culminating in the parade on Sunday, but it's going to be one hell of a tough 90 minutes for sure as Spurs can beat anyone on their day and it really is a 50/50 game for me. 

Do you have a connection to Liverpool ?

The Internet
3 minutes ago, farin said:

Watching it in 4K through the YouTube app on the tv. Cracking picture ?

Same

:glorious:

Jamboelite
15 minutes ago, farin said:

Me too its tremendous !!

16 minutes ago, farin said:

I really want a 4K telly ?

31 minutes ago, farin said:

27 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Same

:glorious:

15 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Me too its tremendous !!

is that different to uhd?

Edited by Boris

portobellojambo1

I've got no preference as to who wins it, and yet in saying that I think I'd like to see Spurs win it, but can't explain why, maybe just because they are deemed to be the underdogs. It is strange in as much as despite the players on both sides I tend to find when I do think about Liverpool and Tottenham the people at the clubs I focus on are the managers. And both of them seem to be really decent guys.

In terms of the actual game I just hope it turns out to be more of a spectacle than what was on shown on Wednesday from Baku, because that was pretty poor, with no atmosphere whatsoever.

Just now, farin said:

Slightly better quality 

Just I've got a Sony to that has uhd or something. Tried the you tub app on the to and no real discernible difference.

looked at settings etc and put them to auto but just seemed hd really.