Mitchell returns on a season long loan (confirmed)

thehibsaregay

chester copperpot
18 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Back on the thread after apologising to admin for referring to another member as a salad thrower. I’ll be sure to be on my best behaviour from now on. ?

Absolutely delighted that he’s finally been confirmed by the club and that our current situation with CL hasn’t affected our ability to sign players despite our resident ITK poster stating differently. 

WHAT. A. SIGNING. ?

How's Craig mate?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• sadj

• Famous 1874

• ...a bit disco

...a bit disco
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Getting a bit carried away three games in but it was a special season to follow Hearts. 

interesting that 'We Shall Not Be Moved' has made a return this season. It was a standout in 85/86 too.

1 minute ago, ...a bit disco said:

interesting that 'We Shall Not Be Moved' has made a return this season. It was a standout in 85/86 too.

‘’Championies’ next Saturday. ??

Only too happy to say I was wrong, because a month ago I just couldn't see it happening.

Brilliant piece of business!

...a bit disco
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

‘’Championies’ next Saturday. ??

:lol:

Welcome back, I am sure you will be more than impressed with the strength in depth we have as a squad since the last time you were here, I hope you enjoy it and kick on and get some silverware while you are here. 

It certainly was. My first season at the games with my dad. Dens aside, what an unforgettable time. Know it sounds a bit daft, but I think it’s relevant that Craig experienced that season. He knows exactly what it’s like to be part of a team that just clicked and felt like it could present a challenge against the odds. Here’s to a promising season ahead. 

chester copperpot

The one place I have been seriously worried about has been the left wing. I am not a big fan of Mulraney. We have just had a huge upgrade (No offence Jake, hope you make it make).

We are challenging for 2nd/3rd this year.

Still think Celtic are ahead but we have a shout of the other places.

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, siegementality said:

Thanks for alerting me. I’d have worked out you were a roaster for myself though.

Give it a rest, son. it's a good news thread. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, blairdin said:

Instead of abusing each other, why don't we enjoy the monent and tweet the actual feck out of this absolute throbber...

@samuelluckhurst

I've been doing that all week. The boy is strangely quiet.

2 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

The one place I have been seriously worried about has been the left wing. I am not a big fan of Mulraney. We have just had a huge upgrade (No offence Jake, hope you make it make).

One thing he could be right now, is an effective impact sub.

If we have Ben and Demi down the left, we could hook one late in the game, the remaining player fills LB and Mulraney comes on to run at players with fresh pacy legs.

He might need development if he is going to become a starter (can't see him getting there TBH)

But he can probably make a useful squad player as a late impact sub or starting in the odd game we wan't to inject a bit of pace into

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

Another ITK tip??

Where does this South Korean fellie play?

Racist!

Also, funny.

:pleasingao:

A player who gets the fans off their seats. Might have fork out a lot more than usual on travel to see this team as many times as possible this season. 

His interview on Hearts TV:

"I kinda fell in love with the club"

He's spent his entire career at Manchester United and he comes to Heart of Midlothian for 6 months and falls in love. Incredible.

I cannot wait for him to rattle one in from 30 yards against the wee team.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I've banned my dad from Dens, every time he's been there since 86, we draw or lose. ****ing Jonah. :laugh: 

Never been back in that shitehole since that fateful day and probably never will.

Before Jammy T audits my post history to quote me, just want to say that I didn’t see this coming and put my hand up and admit I was miles off.  Delighted to be proven wrong.

Amongst all the excitement about the return of Mitchell, which I am delighted about btw...I looked on the Evening News site to read the article and noticed Arnaud Djoum has just completed his first 90 minutes. I genuinely forgot about Djoum and I tell you what, if we can get him back to anything like his best, he could be a phenomenal member of this current team. Delighted with our options, even more so if we can get a few more in the door...

Literally bouncing around with joy today.  

Our team is great, and we HAVE to go for it.  

THIS IS IT LADS.

wattie exploited
43 minutes ago, haj said:

Speaking as someone who wasn't even alive to experience 86...

Please don't

I was there it was a nightmare  also bought a champion 86 scarf yeah that went right in the bucket !!!!!!!!   

Djoum coming in to this team.    Cherry on the top or what?     

Ikpeazu, MacLean, Vanecek, Naismith, Mitchell, Djoum, Lee, Cochrane, Morrison as our main attacking players. 

Jings. 

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

Ikpeazu, MacLean, Vanecek, Naismith, Mitchell, Djoum, Lee, Cochrane, Morrison as our main attacking players. 

Jings. 

Plus another still to be confirmed maybe....

2 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Jings. 

:clumshot:

Just opened a bottle of wine as I’m feeling in a great mood after hearing this. Delighted with what’s happening on and off the field at tynecastle park.  Well done to all concerned on a fantastic piece of business. Welcome back Demi! The travelled miles, the finances, the tears and tribulations are all what make this a great club to follow. HHGH

Guess The Crowd
6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Jings. 

MacDonald? 

Jack Torrance
10 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

I was there it was a nightmare  also bought a champion 86 scarf yeah that went right in the bucket !!!!!!!!   

I remember saying to my old man when we dropped points the week before, “it’ll be good to win it on the last day”.

“Naw son, I’d rather it was in the bag.”

I’ve never forgotten it. And never been back either.

It’s starting to feel like it did back then. Feet are firmly on the ground though.

Edited by Jack Torrance

9 minutes ago, wigwam123 said:

Amongst all the excitement about the return of Mitchell, which I am delighted about btw...I looked on the Evening News site to read the article and noticed Arnaud Djoum has just completed his first 90 minutes. I genuinely forgot about Djoum and I tell you what, if we can get him back to anything like his best, he could be a phenomenal member of this current team. Delighted with our options, even more so if we can get a few more in the door...

Djoum playing with the likes of Naismith, Demi, Uche, MacLean and Morrison will be really exciting.

Hessuch a clever player and particularly Naismith and MacLean will so good to watch. 

Demi and Garuccio will also make some pairing. 

And Demi whipping them in for Uche and Vanecek. Oh that's frightening.

This makes me so happy. He looked a class act last season before he got injured and we have a far better squad this year. He could be a star!

1 hour ago, davie1980 said:

Why couldn't we just have both

:(

Because milinkovich held us to ransom for more money than originally discussed 

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Because milinkovich held us to ransom for more money than originally discussed 

I know

I'm just being a fantasist

Christ I saw Callum Patersons name earlier and got all jittery.

I'm easily excited

I think this is an incredible bit of business getting this lad back. A quality player who’s costing us practically nothing at all.

9 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

I remember saying to my old man when we dropped points the week before, “it’ll be good to win it on the last day”.

“Naw son, I’d rather it was in the bag.”

I’ve never forgotten it. And never been back either.

It’s starting to feel like it did back then. Feet are firmly on the ground though.

Your post sent a shiver down my spine. I cannot, and will not, allow myself to think that this excellent start to the season is anything more than that. An excellent start. I now want us to just continue in that vein and hopefully keep improving game by game. St Mirren up next, let's gub them, hopefully Demi get's off to a flyer with his second goal for us.

3 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I think this is an incredible bit of business getting this lad back. A quality player who’s costing us practically nothing at all.

He's actually paying us by contribution to FOH

PHM Hearts Jammies on sleeping by CL bedside tonight 

29 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

One thing he could be right now, is an effective impact sub.

If we have Ben and Demi down the left, we could hook one late in the game, the remaining player fills LB and Mulraney comes on to run at players with fresh pacy legs.

He might need development if he is going to become a starter (can't see him getting there TBH)

But he can probably make a useful squad player as a late impact sub or starting in the odd game we wan't to inject a bit of pace into

Sure you will find he is here to do a specific job for the team and Craig is getting him doing that,happy for the payroll to accommodate him any time.Nom Martan and Amanxxxx that is where your complaints should be directed imo.

PhoenixHearts

Garuccio and Demi down the left. 

Garuccio can take the ball to the corner, Demi can cut in. If Ben crosses it, other team is going to need to respect Uche's danger and commit bodies in the box, that's without even mentioning Naismith and a late arriving Haring.

But wait! He doesn't need to cross it!

He cuts it back to Demi waiting at the top left of the 18 yard box for a ****ing screamer. 

Think this partnership is going to keep opposing defended very honest. 

It's like basketball. If defenders double up on the guy driving to the basket, you just kick it out to the unmarked guy at the arc for a 3 pointer. Win win.

We still have Godhino to come back on the other side as well. Him  and Morrison down one side and Gauricco and Demi down the other with Big Uche and Vanecek up top and Djoum and Naismith piling in from midfield and Lee smashing them from outside the box....

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

We still have Godhino to come back on the other side as well. Him  and Morrison down one side and Gauricco and Demi down the other with Big Uche and Vanecek up top and Djoum and Naismith piling in from midfield and Lee smashing them from outside the box....

Brandon as well.  What a squad we have.  

6 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Sure you will find he is here to do a specific job for the team and Craig is getting him doing that,happy for the payroll to accommodate him any time.Nom Martan and Amanxxxx that is where your complaints should be directed imo.

Who's complaining?

Just now, Gashauskis9 said:

Brandon as well.  What a squad we have.  

With Berra to return and Bozinac still untried, Mullraney as a sub and that’s before we even get to Cochrane and McDonald....holey shit I’m starting to convince myself  we might...just might... no one game at a time?

28 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Jings. 

It's stunning when you think about it.  Those guys up front with a defence that has conceded only one goal in the last six games.  Awesome!