Osman Sow maybe back at Tynecastle

JJ93

The ‘manager’, such as he is, deserves run out of town. A complete failure who is embarrassing our club! Get him to ****. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Top Corner

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Morgan

Geoff Kilpatrick

As good as Sow was for us, the priority is midfielders who can pass and wide players who have pace. Sow is neither of these things.

i wish jj was my dad
10 hours ago, Hendricks said:

It also reveals that some Hearts fans are prepared to see further mistakes in the transfer window. I wouldn't touch Sow with a barge pole. 

By the way Skacel played in a much deeper role for the teams he moved to than he did Hearts and at a much higher level than the SPL thus far fewer goals. 

what mistakes in the transfer market has Levein's made since being appointed manager?

Don’t think it will happen as Levein would have known he was out of contract and wouldn’t have signed the boy fae Cambridge unless he thought he was a better or More likely an affordable option...

If we aren't signing any more strikers, our strike force next season is Lafferty, the guy from Cambridge and a 35 year old?  If that is it, we should be genuinely worried.  

Not sure what his injury situation is, but if fit then I'd be delighted for us to sign him. Got pace to run in behind defenders, which we badly need. 

letsalldothebeattie

How is a player that signed a 2 year deal back in August out of contract after a year? He’s still got another year to run on his deal at MK

8DE6E7DE-A92E-4459-AD20-1EA5E1FF1F84.jpeg

All Out Attack

I think he would be the kind of player who would need a run of games to get up to speed. I simply can't see this happening with Lafferty here and Levein's refusal to play two all out stikers. 

Just not sure it would work. 

13 hours ago, t04dg7 said:

I don’t believe his attitude has ever been questioned. It’s not worked out for him at mk dons much like it’s not worked out for numerous players who’ve succeeded up in Scotland.

Sow was great for Hearts and if we don’t go for him then Aberdeen or hibs will.

Some players fit clubs look at Hartley he did not start his career proper till Tynecastle you never know he just might click give him year contract  see how it goes 

can’t be a risk considering some 

Players we have who don’t play 

2 spring to mind 

For me it was the loss of Sow and the disastrous decision not to put him on the bench for Cup game at Tynie in 2016 that sparked the start of the miserable run of form. His injury-prone disposition was managed very well by us and I don't remember him missing too many games.

Definitely take him back. I think he's the quickest player I've ever seen in Scottish football.

LarrysRightFoot

I think Ikpeazu looks to be our Sow/Fuller/De Vries type unorthodox striker.

I hope he is as good for us as them.

scott herbertson
13 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

Spot on. We know what we would get with ozzy and would prefer to sign someone like that than an unknown striker from Cambridge or 35 year old from st j. I'm certain ozzy would be great for us again but also know we will unlikely go in for him 

It’s not  really a choice between two equal alternatives. I’d bet Sow is on at least three times the wages we will pay to McLean so we can prefer it but can’t do it unless we found more money, maybe by going for less high quality midfielders or goalkeeper.

6 minutes ago, tcjambo said:

For me it was the loss of Sow and the disastrous decision not to put him on the bench for Cup game at Tynie in 2016 that sparked the start of the miserable run of form. His injury-prone disposition was managed very well by us and I don't remember him missing too many games.

Definitely take him back. I think he's the quickest player I've ever seen in Scottish football.

100% agree

Rocky jamboa
Just now, scott herbertson said:

It’s not  really a choice between two equal alternatives. I’d bet Sow is on at least three times the wages we will pay to McLean so we can prefer it but can’t do it unless we found more money, maybe by going for less high quality midfielders or goalkeeper.

If we want to improve on the last two seasons, we need to be setting our standards a bit higher player wise. Also, I would imagine guys like Martin, oshinawa, amankwa etc are picking up decent salaries so I'd prefer to spend that money on a proven player who has done well for us in the past. 

8 hours ago, Hendricks said:

:greggy: yep my honesty about Hearts is comparable to the serial failure useless ***** that’s in charge of our team. Well deduced!!! Levein should **** off. 

I had a word with CL a the POTY dinner. His love for Hearts and determination to get the team right was clear to me. However,  during our conversation I said that I thought a lot of the social media was unfair. At that point his wife stood up and  shook my hand. I have no doubt that the constant negativity by you and few other sanctimonius critics has a wider impact than you realise.

He deserves our respect for rebuilding the club along with Ann Budge. The next season is the key. Give it a rest meantime for God's sake!

13 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

If we want to improve on the last two seasons, we need to be setting our standards a bit higher player wise. Also, I would imagine guys like Martin, oshinawa, amankwa etc are picking up decent salaries so I'd prefer to spend that money on a proven player who has done well for us in the past. 

I'm sure to get Lafferty and Naismith we've had to tear up the wage structure we previously had. Unfortunately, we can't keep doing this for every player but we might have an advantage over other potential suitors in that we are a known quantity to him and he will want to get his career back on track.

If we can manage a 34 year old McLean gammy knee then managing osman sows injury problems should not be a issue. 

I'm surprised some people wouldn't welcome the return of Sow.

He was excellent for us. Blistering pace, skillful, strong, scored goals, worked hard and actually contributed to the game when he wasn't scoring goals (unlike Lafferty).

What happened in China and MK Dons means nothing. Sometimes it just doesnt work out at other clubs. There are plenty of examples of players who do well in Scotland but fail in England (Rooney, Moult etc).

And in regards to the 'attitude' and 'purple patch' comments - his attitude was never questioned once at Hearts and I wouldnt call scoring goals all of the Championship season and half the following season as a purple patch.

Yes. Yes. Yes. 

Mclean is old as ****. The other lad might take some adjustment. Sow would be genuine like for like competition for Laff. 

Maybe see where Neilson lands and make him take Sammon.

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, saxondale said:

I'm surprised some people wouldn't welcome the return of Sow.

He was excellent for us. Blistering pace, skillful, strong, scored goals, worked hard and actually contributed to the game when he wasn't scoring goals (unlike Lafferty).

What happened in China and MK Dons means nothing. Sometimes it just doesnt work out at other clubs. There are plenty of examples of players who do well in Scotland but fail in England (Rooney, Moult etc).

And in regards to the 'attitude' and 'purple patch' comments - his attitude was never questioned once at Hearts and I wouldnt call scoring goals all of the Championship season and half the following season as a purple patch.

You can see why it wouldn't either. He is an unusual player, but he seemed confident in the Hearts shirt. A player than can score a goal out of nothing too, that is a much needed thing in this Hearts team

Edited by rudi must stay

5 hours ago, Elmore said:

If we aren't signing any more strikers, our strike force next season is Lafferty, the guy from Cambridge and a 35 year old?  If that is it, we should be genuinely worried.  

To be fair young Currie impressed me every time I seen him play and young Keena sounds as if he knows where the goal is, both are likely to play more games than McLean next season 

5 minutes ago, Bozi said:

To be fair young Currie impressed me every time I seen him play and young Keena sounds as if he knows where the goal is, both are likely to play more games than McLean next season 

You reckon that those two mean we don't have to sign any more strikers? 

3 minutes ago, Elmore said:

You reckon that those two mean we don't have to sign any more strikers? 

I reckon that will be the 5 options next season, for better or worse. What we need is a midfield behind them, throwing more forwards isn't going to address our shortcomings 

We could have the best striker in the world up front but it means nowt if there’s nobody supporting him or crossing in to him. Our problem is that we need pace in the wide areas and a class midfielder. Again, Lafferty has done superbly to manage his goal haul

6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

I reckon that will be the 5 options next season, for better or worse. What we need is a midfield behind them, throwing more forwards isn't going to address our shortcomings 

The midfield is a priority, but we need a proven striker with pace or we haven't improved our frontline. There is no way we can rely on what we have signed .  We need another proven striker with pace.  This is really underwhelming

colinmaroon
11 hours ago, Hendricks said:

:greggy: an opinion that’s correct. Time and time again. Sorry. ?

As I said, your posts say more about you than anything else.  So full of "me", oblivious of anything that "me" doesn't like, oh, and arrogant with it.

A sure sign of level of OCD due to high levels of insecurity.

You should get an appointment with "Jung of Uruguay!"

Edited by colinmaroon

5 hours ago, tcjambo said:

I had a word with CL a the POTY dinner. His love for Hearts and determination to get the team right was clear to me. However,  during our conversation I said that I thought a lot of the social media was unfair. At that point his wife stood up and  shook my hand. I have no doubt that the constant negativity by you and few other sanctimonius critics has a wider impact than you realise.

He deserves our respect for rebuilding the club along with Ann Budge. The next season is the key. Give it a rest meantime for God's sake!

I agree

HEARTS FOREVER
21 hours ago, JJ93 said:

MK Dons were relegated today from League 1 to League 2.

Osman Sow is out of contract with them in August.

I'm not usually one for signing previous players but Sow would, imo, be a good addition to the squad and if we retain Naismith I don't think we would need to sign any more strikers.

THOUGHTS?

Correct

weegiejambo8

Some players suit certain clubs as we all know too well with the likes of John Sutton... good player but not for us and good for others. 

Sow suited us, would love to see him back in a Hearts shirt. 

He's quick, skilful and can score goals in this league, he's still contracted to MK Dons for another year but out of favour after Neilson left. I'd be surprised if they didn't want him off their books, I'd happily take him back at Tynecastle, take the wages we were going to offer Naismith and give them to Sow.

Sow is one of the best strikers we've had in the last ten years, Lafferty, Zeefuik and Sow top-3.

59 minutes ago, Statto said:

He's quick, skilful and can score goals in this league, he's still contracted to MK Dons for another year but out of favour after Neilson left. I'd be surprised if they didn't want him off their books, I'd happily take him back at Tynecastle, take the wages we were going to offer Naismith and give them to Sow.

Sow is one of the best strikers we've had in the last ten years, Lafferty, Zeefuik and Sow top-3.

Yep. Sow over naismith.

Pasquale for King
On 28/04/2018 at 20:51, JJ93 said:

MK Dons were relegated today from League 1 to League 2.

Osman Sow is out of contract with them in August.

I'm not usually one for signing previous players but Sow would, imo, be a good addition to the squad and if we retain Naismith I don't think we would need to sign any more strikers.

THOUGHTS?

If he wants to come back then yes of course, and add Temps to that too.

Edited by Pasquale for King

scott herbertson
14 hours ago, Paulp74 said:

How can we not spend money on Amankwa and use it on Sow when Amankwa has another 12 months to run on his contract?

I was speaking to an MK Dons season ticket holder a couple of weeks ago and he said that Sow was great when he played but was injured too often.

Rocky jamboa
8 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

How can we not spend money on Amankwa and use it on Sow when Amankwa has another 12 months to run on his contract?

My point is I would prefer us to offer a contract to someone we already know about than taking a chance on another amankwa type signing who turns out to be garbage. 

scott herbertson
48 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

My point is I would prefer us to offer a contract to someone we already know about than taking a chance on another amankwa type signing who turns out to be garbage. 

I get what you're saying, and I'm not keen on what we have seen from Amankwa . But the Amankwa money has gone in effect, and I'm not sure that Sow is a safe bet though as he has issues ( not scoring, injuries), but I agree we need some more solid signings. I'd say midfield was the priority myself.

Rocky jamboa
4 hours ago, scott herbertson said:

I get what you're saying, and I'm not keen on what we have seen from Amankwa . But the Amankwa money has gone in effect, and I'm not sure that Sow is a safe bet though as he has issues ( not scoring, injuries), but I agree we need some more solid signings. I'd say midfield was the priority myself.

I agree. Midfield is the key area we need to strengthen. However, we have already signed this boy from Cambridge plus the guy from st Johnstone, as strikers, both pretty much unknown quantities. I would have preferred us to have went for sow instead of both of them as we would know what we would get from him..

4 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

I agree. Midfield is the key area we need to strengthen. However, we have already signed this boy from Cambridge plus the guy from st Johnstone, as strikers, both pretty much unknown quantities. I would have preferred us to have went for sow instead of both of them as we would know what we would get from him..

McLean isn't an unknown quantity.

Absolute Scenes
On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 14:00, rudi must stay said:

You can see why it wouldn't either. He is an unusual player, but he seemed confident in the Hearts shirt. A player than can score a goal out of nothing too, that is a much needed thing in this Hearts team

I would say a lot of laffertys goals have come out of nothing - 2 free kicks scored this season, several individual goals I can remember against Motherwell and Celtic away...sure there have been more

Despite how bad the season has been, people are quick to take Lafferty for granted. One of the few positives this season

3 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I would say a lot of laffertys goals have come out of nothing - 2 free kicks scored this season, several individual goals I can remember against Motherwell and Celtic away...sure there have been more

Despite how bad the season has been, people are quick to take Lafferty for granted. One of the few positives this season

Think it would be easier to list the goals that Lafferty hasn't had to create for himself

rudi must stay
2 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

Ye, I like him and in a better team he'll be even more effective IMO. Clever footballer

Beast Boy
On 29/04/2018 at 19:11, Greedy_Jambo said:

He won't be back. Too talented and not old enough. 

Hes got younger and less talented than when we last signed him?

Beast Boy
On 30/04/2018 at 17:21, Absolute Scenes said:

Completely agree.

• 3 months later...

Just thinking how a fit Osman Sow would be a perfect replacement for Lafferty. Not sure how soon he is likely to be fit though.

On 29/04/2018 at 05:47, Hendricks said:

The ‘manager’, such as he is, deserves run out of town. A complete failure who is embarrassing our club! Get him to ****. 

Ah memories.....

5 minutes ago, number-16 said:

Just thinking how a fit Osman Sow would be a perfect replacement for Lafferty. Not sure how soon he is likely to be fit though.

Given he’s barely kicked a ball in recent times I’m thinking never. We can do better than Sow. I think Vanecek will be better for starters. 

3 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Ah memories.....

Not been seen in a while....has anyone checked is wellbeing? Or will a defeat prompt his return?