David Vanecek

kimosavi

11 minutes ago, Half time pie said:

Interesting how Tiplice won’t let their player move until they have a decent replacement signed up, but we were quite happy to let our most effective asset up front go without any cover?

"It hasn't come as a surprise so we have had long enough to consider other options."

I guess it appears the club we weren't quite so stupid as you seem to think.

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Jammy T

10 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

That being the case, we must surely have another option for the scenario that Teplice wouldn’t let him go. Surely tae feck we’re not going to leave ourselves with 2 strikers and a laddie for 4 months.

It seems we do.

15 hours ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Perhaps not, but when big Uche & MacLean were out of sorts at the weekend, which could happen again, it would be better to call upon an experienced Czech striker, rather than an unproven young Scottish lower league player.

Maybe the money that the Club would spend to get him here a few months early, might just be worth it re league position & Cup Final appearances at the end of the season..

Here's the thing though..... Vanaceck is our player for free in January.  Say we pay 250k for him now,.... that's about 16k per week plus his salary from now until the time we get him for nothing, all for the privilege of having Vanaceck 4 months early.

I really can't see us doing this when that kind of money could be spent elsewhere to strengthen the squad, whether it's on Shankland or someone else.

Hearts manager Craig Levein on Kyle Lafferty’s move to Rangers: “It’s a normal situation. We got a good price for him. Our squad will be better at the end of the window than it is now.”

14 hours ago, Bez said:

I just think the way Keena is champing at the bit, he may be ready. I totally trust the gaffer though. ?

I’d much rather give Keena a shot, than spend a fairly decent wedge on Shankland.  I fail to see how Shankland would be less of a risk. 

Tennant's  6's
16 minutes ago, Badonde said:

Hearts manager Craig Levein on Kyle Lafferty’s move to Rangers: “It’s a normal situation. We got a good price for him. Our squad will be better at the end of the window than it is now.”

Bullish as ever. Like the sound of that. Some scarf above heads soon. 

12 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

I’d much rather give Keena a shot, than spend a fairly decent wedge on Shankland.  I fail to see how Shankland would be less of a risk. 

If we don't get DV this week, it wouldn't surprise me to see a loan period with an option to buy at a pre-agreed price.  Could maybe even throw in someone like Keena or Callachan on loan as a sweetener.

Edited by JamboAl

2 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If we don't get DV this week, it wouldn't surprise me to see a loan period with an option to buy at a pre-agreed price.  Could maybe even throw in someone like Keena or Callachan on loan as a sweetener.

And Martin? ?

Alex Kintner
46 minutes ago, Half time pie said:

Interesting how Tiplice won’t let their player move until they have a decent replacement signed up, but we were quite happy to let our most effective asset up front go without any cover?

The same most effective asset who has only started one of our first seven competitive games this season? ?

Jamboscanbevicius
1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

The same most effective asset who has only started one of our first seven competitive games this season? ?

This is the point which softens the blow most with losing KL for me. We have started the season strongly, mostly without him. Even without his strike, a strong performance and draw with Celtic would have been good. 

I love CL's comments as always. Not panicked, and firm in stating we will be stronger again in a week's time!

46 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

That being the case, we must surely have another option for the scenario that Teplice wouldn’t let him go. Surely tae feck we’re not going to leave ourselves with 2 strikers and a laddie for 4 months.

Pretty much the position every club in the league is in no? 

Hibs have Kamberi, McLaren and Shaw. 

Aberdeen have May, Cosgrove and Anderson.

Celtic are really the only team with more than 2 recognised senior strikers

The Old Tolbooth

I reckon we should not be paying any more than £100K for to release Vanecek, it wouldn't be financially viable to go as high as £250k for the sake of 16 weeks or so, not unless he banged in 10 goals between now and then, and that's always a risk. Uche and McLean are more than capable of leading our line, with Keena coming on as a late sub. 

18 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I reckon we should not be paying any more than £100K for to release Vanecek, it wouldn't be financially viable to go as high as £250k for the sake of 16 weeks or so, not unless he banged in 10 goals between now and then, and that's always a risk. Uche and McLean are more than capable of leading our line, with Keena coming on as a late sub. 

Spot on 

Jambof3tornado

Teplice are playing games for more money. Mr Levein is good at games.

I have every faith that CL will do the right thing. We've clearly told teplice what we will pay and they are haggling for more, as we did with the dirty hun bassers over Lafferty.

Normal situations. Uche and Macca will do fine but reinforcements will either come in now or in january.

Allowayjambo1874
36 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

You’re basing that on zero injuries, suspensions or loss of form. Not saying we should splash out 250k but we definitely need another striker. 

1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

How many ?

13 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Get sow in now and just get the guy for nowt in January.

that will do for me and I believe that’s what will happen.

Sow is injured

20 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Teplice are playing games for more money. Mr Levein is good at games.

I have every faith that CL will do the right thing. We've clearly told teplice what we will pay and they are haggling for more, as we did with the dirty hun bassers over Lafferty.

Normal situations. Uche and Macca will do fine but reinforcements will either come in now or in january.

Vanecek's agent says the fee has been agreed. 

Just about Teplice getting a replacement. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Vanecek's agent says the fee has been agreed. 

Just about Teplice getting a replacement. 

Where did you see this?

2 hours ago, davieholt said:

Why not? If he's our player before the loan? Is it something to do with playing for 3 clubs in the same season?

Iirc you can only play for two clubs in one season

GorgieRules22
7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Ah well we will have to see what happens I guess 

I’m assuming you’ve heard that we will try and bring in Sow as your contacts are normally spot on but he seems a bit away from anywhere near 100% fit.

Fxxx the SPFL
2 hours ago, johnking123 said:

Maybe we should try for a loan of Ross McCormack January. 

no thanks lazy bassa

The Old Tolbooth
1 hour ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

You’re basing that on zero injuries, suspensions or loss of form. Not saying we should splash out 250k but we definitely need another striker. 

I get that mate, but it's only 16 weeks (I can hear you shouting, but what about Berra?), and Keena for me can come on late to save McLean's legs, and if need be we can push Naisy up front if we get really short, no matter the position we find ourselves in in the next 16 weeks or so, it's still a hell of a lot better than last season when we all worried ourselves sick that Lafferty would get injured and we'd end up with nothing up front. 

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Not in tonight's line up for teplice 

Could be good news for us. 

Still a little light up top and on the wing. Him and Uche up top could be frightening.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Not in tonight's line up for teplice 

Did he throw his kit into the crowd on his last appearance??

Hmmmm

He’s their only guy that scores for them. No good reason to leave him out at all.

He’s in prime fitness, on great form in a decent league, and he’s potentially about to join us when we are flying.

Allow me to get a little excited

Scarf above the head by Wednesday is my gut feeling, however I also think walker is coming back if I was to go with my gut so what do I know 

Main man isn't playing. We've put the brakes on Sow for now. The big man will be a Jambo by next week me thinks. 

:glorious:

Edited by Cruyff Turn

Ministry MK2
On 23/08/2018 at 11:16, johnking123 said:

Heard we have approached Agent.

scott herbertson
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • s
On 23/08/2018 at 11:16, johnking123 said:

Heard we have approached Agent.

Bit of a bad boy reputation (allegedly late for training, fell out with Steve Bruce etc) so doesn't fit the bill as a Levein style player. So would be surprised - great player though.

Erm, does this Ross McCormack rumor have any level of fact?!!! If so would be hugely exciting. The boy under the correct leadership and in the right side could be a massive asset to us.