• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Cruyff Turn

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

One thing is for sure.  Losing Lafferty, Berra and Mitchell from last season does not make us stronger.

Yeah and the goalie. I think Berra will be the only one that matters tho.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Currie in for Lafferty... Come on to **** :laugh:

Keena and Currie. :D

HeartofHartley

People saying Currie and Keena.... honestly what goes through people's heads. Keena I can see give a chance here and there but we have just lost our star player and are on a roll of form and people want CURRIE AND KEENA TO COME IN. Clueless.

10 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

That I could accept!

Also if they did do a job, and we had more money to replace Berra and bring in Mitchell, then once Berra returns and Vanacek comes in we will be in a good place. 

Is Currie not your cousin btw?

Edited by Bez

54 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Disappointed Kimosavi

Thought this was going to be an airport scoop from you

Could well yet be one Belge 

Stay tuned 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I fully trust this deal was not completed today without our contingency plans in place 

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

People saying Currie and Keena.... honestly what goes through people's heads. Keena I can see give a chance here and there but we have just lost our star player and are on a roll of form and people want CURRIE AND KEENA TO COME IN. Clueless.

Star player? We’ve sold Berra? 

:sob:

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I fully trust this deal was not completed today without our contingency plans in place 

Far too sensible for jkb

Last 2 games his club has drawn blanks. Before that he was something like 4 goals and an assist in 3 games. I want him now if there's nothing else in the works

1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

Star player? We’ve sold Berra? 

:sob:

Lost our star player to injury? Only thing it could possibly be

10 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Could be wrong here, but I think most of that run of form was with Lafferty playing a bit part at best. Other than Celtic of course.

”clueless”... not very nice Chief. :(

“star player”... Naismith and Berra are more important imo.

2 minutes ago, dumpson said:

Currie will definitely get more game time this season.

At East Fife for whom he signed on loan at the start of the month !

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/6853

Thats fair enough. Didn’t realise he’s been punted on loan. I’ve liked him when I’ve seen him.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
8 minutes ago, Bez said:

Also if they did do a job, and we had more money to replace Berra and bring in Mitchell, then once Berra returns and Vanacek comes in we will be in a good place. 

If I'm being honest I would bring in Vanacek now or at least go for another striker until then. We need a goalscorer, it's that simple for me. Vanacek appears that he could provide what we are now missing. Money for Mitchell will have already been set aside.

Just now, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

If I'm being honest I would bring in Vanacek now or at least go for another striker until then. We need a goalscorer, it's that simple for me. Vanacek appears that he could provide what we are now missing. Money for Mitchell will have already been set aside.

I rate Mitchell unbelievably high. I think he was our most talented player last season. Milinkovic was my favourite player, but for sheer ability, I thought Mitchell was the best.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
Just now, Bez said:

I rate Mitchell unbelievably high. I think he was our most talented player last season. Milinkovic was my favourite player, but for sheer ability, I thought Mitchell was the best.

I liked Mitchell too, excellent talent and hopefully we can get him back.

Milinkovic? :sob:

brunoatemyhamster
21 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Shankland now and wait for Vanecek. 

This would be the best business decision.

1 hour ago, BigC said:

He’s coming in January.

Hearts want him now. They are holding out for a fee which we were unwilling to pay before KL left. 

They're also short of options and he is scoring goals just now so they don’t want to let him go, but if we add another £100k or so to the previous offer, it may be enough to let him come, and we should be able to afford to do that.

Levein will have known that KL was likely to go for some time, so will have a plan.

Most are assuming that Vanecek coming early is that plan, but he may surprise us!

Can't see us paying too much of a fee to have him at Tynecastle now instead of in January.

More likely that we get someone in on loan until Vanaceck is available.

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

This would be the best business decision.

I'm sure that someone posted that Shankland has a release clause of about  £250k.  That amount would probably get Vanecek, if that release clause is true. 

HeartofHartley
9 minutes ago, Bez said:

Could be wrong here, but I think most of that run of form was with Lafferty playing a bit part at best. Other than Celtic of course.

Last season Lafferty and Berra were our star players no doubt about it. Naismith has started well this season but Laff was always ahead of him in terms of form up until now.

1 minute ago, HeartofHartley said:

Last season Lafferty and Berra were our star players no doubt about it. Naismith has started well this season but Laff was always ahead of him in terms of form up until now.

Lafferty was here longer. Naismith arrived for less than half a season and hadn’t played at a decent level for ages.

Jack Torrance
7 minutes ago, Bez said:

:spoton:

1 hour ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I'm sure they'll accept 100-150k, for a guy who has already signed or us and only has 4 months left on his contract.

It's possible that we've already agreed a fee ages ago and had to wait until Lafferty left to sign him because we didn't want to end up with 5 strikers and 3 of them not playing every week. 

Though it was a five figure fee to get him early....!

Just now, Section Q said:

Though it was a five figure fee to get him early....!

I thought ourselves and Slovan Liberec offered them a 5 figure fee but they wanted 6 figures.

Not too sure but I'm sure someone else can clarify.

31 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

? think Berra was more important.

Laff done great for us but don't forget the amount of games he was posted missing. 

More rounded team this season so don't think he will be as big a miss as some people are making out

1 hour ago, E3OBE said:

Is he actually a direct replacement for Lafferty though? (Not disputing he might improve our overall squad)

Vanecek appears to be an out and out striker where Uche/McLean have been playing. Lafferty has been playing off the left hand side. Surely we need a forward or winger who can play there?

Enter Demi Mitchell on the left wing?

sy

13 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

I'm sure that someone posted that Shankland has a release clause of about  £250k.  That amount would probably get Vanecek, if that release clause is true. 

Don't think that £250k to have Vanaceck on our books 4 months early would be very good business.

I'd rather we waited until January for him and got Shankland, or a n other in now with that dosh.

26 minutes ago, Bez said:

Spot on. Mitchell was an absolute baller, if we can get him on any sort of deal then it will be brilliant.

Tennant's  6's
5 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Don't think that £250k to have Vanaceck on our books 4 months early would be very good business.

I'd rather we waited until January for him and got Shankland, or a n other in now with that dosh.

Perhaps not, but when big Uche & MacLean were out of sorts at the weekend, which could happen again, it would be better to call upon an experienced Czech striker, rather than an unproven young Scottish lower league player.

Maybe the money that the Club would spend to get him here a few months early, might just be worth it re league position & Cup Final appearances at the end of the season..

Sierra Delta

Shankland's an interesting one. 

Done well in the lower leagues and started the season very well (was apparently very impressive against Dundee at the weekend), but at £250k it's quite an expensive gamble for somebody who has scored goals in the lower leagues. Could be great, or could be like Gavin Reilly. 

HeartofHartley
37 minutes ago, Bez said:

Lafferty was here longer. Naismith arrived for less than half a season and hadn’t played at a decent level for ages.

Exactly my point which made him the current star player. 

Ibrahim Tall

We’re top of the league and still in both cups(with a decent draw), are people seriously saying we should just ‘make do’ with our current reduced options or ‘alter the tactics’ until January?

Christ.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

Shankland's an interesting one. 

Done well in the lower leagues and started the season very well (was apparently very impressive against Dundee at the weekend), but at £250k it's quite an expensive gamble for somebody who has scored goals in the lower leagues. Could be great, or could be like Gavin Reilly. 

He was thought highly of at Aberdeen but was overweight. 

He has reinvented himself as a Fitness coach and turned that around. 

Not a huge risk 

1 hour ago, i8hibsh said:

Brutal eh.  I really wish would leave this shitefest for the West Coast.  Whether I agree with the setiment or not, I really hate seeing this pish at our club.

Well said. 100% agree.

4 minutes ago, HeartofHartley said:

Exactly my point which made him the current star player. 

Aye, if this was last season.

brunoatemyhamster
55 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

We cant surely be looking at paying 250k for Vanacek.We hold the cards there.Anything is a bonus to Teplice. Hes got 4 months left on his contract and hes already signed for us.Dont you want 100k now or nothing in January?

250 for Shankland might be a bit steep, but could easily work some deal there for apperances sell on fees etc.

All that just on the wages were saving on Laff.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

We cant surely be looking at paying 250k for Vanacek.We hold the cards there.Anything is a bonus to Teplice. Hes got 4 months left on his contract and hes already signed for us.Dont you want 100k now or nothing in January?

250 for Shankland might be a bit steep, but could easily work some deal there for apperances sell on fees etc.

All that just on the wages were saving on Laff.

Is Vanacek's contribution worth nothing? :stuart:

1 hour ago, Bez said:

You have to be joking..he did okay but vastly over rated by some on here

1 hour ago, Bez said:

I'd like the young guys to get a chance IF and WHEN they're ready.  I think it would be a wee bit unfair to heap so much pressure on either of them.  I'm pretty confident that Levein will have something lined up.

brunoatemyhamster
13 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Is Vanacek's contribution worth nothing? :stuart:

Its worth something. Is it worth 250k though? Cant see it.

15 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You have to be joking..he did okay but vastly over rated by some on here

Not joking at all CJ. Cheers. ?

12 minutes ago, Haken said:

I'd like the young guys to get a chance IF and WHEN they're ready.  I think it would be a wee bit unfair to heap so much pressure on either of them.  I'm pretty confident that Levein will have something lined up.

I just think the way Keena is champing at the bit, he may be ready. I totally trust the gaffer though. ?

1 minute ago, Bez said:

I just think the way Keena is champing at the bit, he may be ready. I totally trust the gaffer though. ?

Ideally we bring these lads on when the game's safe.  Ease them in and get them up to speed.  I think that's where we now are in terms of the middle of the park where we relied heavily on Cochrane and McDonald last year.  Having said all that, I'll contradict myself by saying that I'd rather see Morrison start than Mulraney.  ?

HeartofHartley
42 minutes ago, Bez said:

Aye, if this was last season.

Your star player doesn't change after 2 league games and a few cup games. 

• redm changed the title to David Vanecek