• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Beast Boy

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

• Jammy T

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

eFFS the answer is mink. 

Anyway, have people never heard of continuity? Why get a striker in on a 6 month loan and then replace him with Vanacek in January? Two periods of bedding a new player in and getting them used to team tactics etc when we could get Vanacek in and only do it once. 

You have a point

but

It appears Teplice won't release until they have a replacement meaning we can't get DV in.  If this looks to be unsettled as the window date nears. then I would bring in a decent loanee (if we can get one) than run short of numbers until 1 January.

Edited by JamboAl

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

You have a point

but

It appears Teplice won't release until they have a replacement meaning we can't get DV in.  If this looks to be unsttled as the window date nears. then I woulsd bring in a decent loanee (if we can get one) than run short of numbers until 1 January.

Vanecek will 100% be a Hearts player when the window closes

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

Guess or itk ?

TyphoonJambo
4 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

100% doesn't seem much like a guess.

Well, my ITK source quite rightly never quotes anything as 100%until pen has been put to paper. We’ve been let down at the last minute quite a few times recently.

Alex Kintner
7 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Guess or itk ?

Logic. There’s every reason for us to buy and every reason for them to sell. 

100% is possibly a bit too high though. I’ll go with 99.5% as there’s a chance he could pick up an injury in training and we wait till January till he’s recovered.

Dalstonjambo
2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

His team are saying he’s going nowhere till they get a replacement striker in for him. 

Craig Levein said he didn't think Lafferty had played his last game for hearts and was sold 3 days later.

Why not buy Shankland, lend him to Teplice until january as a replacement for Vanacek. When he comes back we have another fully formed striker on the books.

1 minute ago, davieholt said:

Why not buy Shankland, lend him to Teplice until january as a replacement for Vanacek. When he comes back we have another fully formed striker on the books.

...or just lend them Keena?

Edited by davieholt

Alex Kintner
5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

His team are saying he’s going nowhere till they get a replacement striker in for him. 

We would say the same. Part of the negotiation process. The bottom line is they are losing their main striker for free in January and will have to try and sign a replacement out of their own pocket during the Jan transfer window when options are more limited and players are cup-tied or possibly injured. They’re getting the opportunity to get momey tgey wouldn’t otherwise be getting to go and make that signing just now. They will definitely take it. They’ve over a week to sign a replacement and will already have identified potential signings.

Alex Kintner
6 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Craig Levein said he didn't think Lafferty had played his last game for hearts and was sold 3 days later.

It’s called negotation.

3 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

We would say the same. Part of the negotiation process. The bottom line is they are losing their main striker for free in January and will have to try and sign a replacement out of their own pocket during the Jan transfer window when options are more limited and players are cup-tied or possibly injured. They’re getting the opportunity to get momey tgey wouldn’t otherwise be getting to go and make that signing just now. They will definitely take it. They’ve over a week to sign a replacement and will already have identified potential signings.

Also they have known Vanacek was leaving for weeks (months even)  you would think they would have identified potential replacements by now and would want someone in before January.  

Cut The Crap
10 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

His agent is quoted as saying the fee to release Vanecek now is already agreed. All they need is a replacement.

If we do not get Vanecek in early I hope that it does not mean Uche being used the way he was on Saturday, with his back to goal, easy to find for defenders and meaning just a physical struggle. We need to get the best out of him running at defenders from down the middle or wide. He was ineffective on Saturday because of what he was asked to do, I hope this is not seen as his ''away from home'' role.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

If we do not get Vanecek in early I hope that it does not mean Uche being used the way he was on Saturday, with his back to goal, easy to find for defenders and meaning just a physical struggle. We need to get the best out of him running at defenders from down the middle or wide. He was ineffective on Saturday because of what he was asked to do, I hope this is not seen as his ''away from home'' role.

We do this allot, use strikers the wrong way. Been a theme for years, we must play to their strengths. 

chester copperpot

This is me adding 2 + 2 however Rangers were told to put up or shut up with regards the Lafferty fee this week. They were told if it dragged on till next week then he wouldn't be moving.

Now this is an assumption on my part but Hearts must have insisted this in order that we had enough time to bring in a replacement.

The Old Tolbooth
8 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

Totally agree with that, he stripped the Celtic defence the week before on numerous occasions, and looked a different player against a much poorer defence away from home, we should be using him the same as we use him at home which will give other teams a lot to worry about. 

Alex Kintner
10 minutes ago, Skacelsid said:

That wasn’t his “away from home” role against Hamilton.

• redm changed the title to David Vanecek
8 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

This is me adding 2 + 2 however Rangers were told to put up or shut up with regards the Lafferty fee this week. They were told if it dragged on till next week then he wouldn't be moving.

Now this is an assumption on my part but Hearts must have insisted this in order that we had enough time to bring in a replacement.

Im guessing its because the euro deadline was yesterday and they wanted him to play so probably a mix of both us and Rangers drawing a line in the sand.

chester copperpot
3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Im guessing its because the euro deadline was yesterday and they wanted him to play so probably a mix of both us and Rangers drawing a line in the sand.

I get that but Hearts also wanted it sorted this week as well. 

Edit - Just realised you kind of said that in your post. Apologies!

Edited by chester copperpot

51 minutes ago, davieholt said:

Because he would not be eligible to play for us in January

33 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

Correct - nothing happens in isolation 

1 hour ago, Frank1874 said:

Logic. There’s every reason for us to buy and every reason for them to sell. 

100% is possibly a bit too high though. I’ll go with 99.5% as there’s a chance he could pick up an injury in training and we wait till January till he’s recovered.

A logical guess then? 

BackOfTheNet
40 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I could be reading too much into Naismith’s Sportsound comments but saying that everyone got what they wants suggests to me we got the asking price as well as the time to go into the market.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hopefully they get someone this week and we have the new Roman Bednar ready for action against St Mirren. 

Czech players and Hearts......

:rudiyas:

Oops!  Truth hurts!  There goes another myth!

Personally, I think the big man looked absolutely knackered.

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Because he would not be eligible to play for us in January

Why not? If he's our player before the loan? Is it something to do with playing for 3 clubs in the same season?

Fair point Frank, that's the Uche we want to see on Saturday.

Dunfermline were on him like flies on a jobby didn't matter we still won it.

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

2 hours ago, JamboAl said:

It appears Teplice won't release until they have a replacement

ffs they’ve known for weeks we wanted him in the summer. I believe they really want to keep him as long as they can as they are relegation fodder and he might do enough between now and January to keep them up

billythejambo
2 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

January window?

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

ffs they’ve known for weeks we wanted him in the summer. I believe they really want to keep him as long as they can as they are relegation fodder and he might do enough between now and January to keep them up

I know but how long has it taken us to find a suitable LB?

brunoatemyhamster

Hes inthe Teplice Daily Record this morning.

" End my Na Stinadlech Stadium Hell"

Wont get rid until they have a replacement?  We had Sammon tae,they would have went for that!

Half time pie
2 hours ago, Frank1874 said:

Interesting how Tiplice won’t let their player move until they have a decent replacement signed up, but we were quite happy to let our most effective asset up front go without any cover?

David McCaig
1 minute ago, Half time pie said:

Interesting how Tiplice won’t let their player move until they have a decent replacement signed up, but we were quite happy to let our most effective asset up front go without any cover?

The asset who's only started 1 of our last 5 games, in which we've scored 16 goals and in which Uche, MacLean, Naismith and indeed Haring have all scored more goals than him.

We replaced Lafferty in the summer and Vanacek is just the cherry on top.

1 minute ago, Half time pie said:

That being the case, we must surely have another option for the scenario that Teplice wouldn’t let him go. Surely tae feck we’re not going to leave ourselves with 2 strikers and a laddie for 4 months.

3 minutes ago, Half time pie said:

Who said we were quite happy?

Read Ann Budge's statement.

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Half time pie said:

Obviously Vanechek doesn't want to move as much as Kyle. OR Tiplice aren's as SOFT as us?

Gimme an H...

Hearts manager Craig Levein said he was keen to push through a deal for a new striker within 48 hours after selling Kyle Lafferty to Rangers.

The Jam Tarts saw their top goalscorer from last season return to the Light Blues on Wednesday.

However, given the drawn-out nature of the transfer the Tynecastle boss said he had already made moves to bring in a replacement right away.

Levein revealed he has pressed Teplice to fast-track the transfer of forward David Vanecek, who has agreed to move to Edinburgh in January, but should that attempt fail he will complete a short-term loan deal.

The Hearts boss, who also said he is keen to add another defender to his squad, said: "It hasn't come as a surprise so we have had long enough to consider other options.

"We have signed David Vanecek on a pre-contract from Teplice and even before Kyle left I've been trying to hurry that process up.

"It doesn't seem they are willing to let him go at this moment in time so I have other things in mind to bring someone else in until David gets here in January.

"I'm pretty sure within the next day or two we'll have somebody else in if David is not coming.

"I've made the decision that if I don't get a positive response from Teplice today or tomorrow I'll do something else."

Levein said the sale of Lafferty to Rangers was a "normal situation" as the player had made no secret of his interest in making the move.

He added: "Everybody has got a price and I felt the price we got for Kyle was good. It's a normal situation.

"I don't think it was any secret Kyle wanted to go to back to Rangers so for us it was just about getting the right price.

"As I say, it's not the first time I've been on this rodeo, it's just normal."

Levein on Souttar's Under 21 call-up

Hearts defender John Souttar has been called up to the Scotland Under 21 squad for the upcoming qualifiers.

The centre-half's impressive displays had seen him highly touted for a full international call-up but the 21-year-old prospect remains uncapped at senior international level for his country.

Levein warned the national team that Souttar has an Australian grandmother, paving the way for a potential switch to the Socceroos should he not receive a call-up.

Asked if Souttar was ready to play for Scotland: "Has been for a while, he's got an Australian granny, do you know that? I'm being serious."

Pressed on whether Souttar had been speaking to Australia, Levein said: "I just know he's got an Australian granny, that's all."

"I'm not in any way trying to anyone to pick for the Scotland squad, I'm just pointing out the fact."

8 minutes ago, Half time pie said:

aye all AB and CL's fault !

Give the club bashing a rest, its BORING !

Bazzas right boot
27 minutes ago, Kid Creole said:

or Martin, with a Fake CV

Fake CV, New name, wig. 

Jobs a good un'