• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fxxx the SPFL

• been here before

• ...a bit disco

• JamboJen

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, chester copperpot said:

I remember this game as Celtic got beat the same night and we were signing let's all laugh at Celtic. 

Funny how I cannot remember my own children's names now and again, yet I can recall a score and song from a Hearts game 25odd years ago :lol:

You have turned your life arround mate, great guy and one o my pals, 

From Perth to Paisley
8 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I remember this game as Celtic got beat the same night and we were signing let's all laugh at Celtic. 

Funny how I cannot remember my own children's names now and again, yet I can recall a score and song from a Hearts game 25odd years ago :lol:

Pretty sure it was around Xmas 97/98, Salvatore scored and Thomas Flogal was warming up and pretended to drink from the bottle.

11 minutes ago, been here before said:

Just checked and its still there! If no-one gets it soon I might buy it for someone on here who needs one.

I bought it. Seems too good to be true though. 

chester copperpot
9 minutes ago, From Perth to Paisley said:

Pretty sure it was around Xmas 97/98, Salvatore scored and Thomas Flogal was warming up and pretended to drink from the bottle.

Was much earlier in that I am sure. Pretty sure I was still in high school as went on the Porty Hearts bus

Edit was August 1988. Midweek game at EEP that I remember. Cracking night. Was just a bairn too. 

Edited by chester copperpot

1 hour ago, been here before said:

Should have been LPs and Im speaking as someone with a ticket.

If I was sitting here as a ST holder on 120ish LPs and having made the trip up to Cove on a Wed night, not to mention Bayview and sat through the Raith Rovers game, Id have been a bit pissed off.

Why would said supporters have left it this long to get one?  

I’m still pretty sure everyone who wants a ticket will get one.  The club can’t win.  If Celtic had put 5 past us on Sat, folk would be handing them back!

been here before
8 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Why would said supporters have left it this long to get one?  

Off the top of my head...

Because not everyone has access to phones or PCs 24/7.

Or if they can get online or on the phone are unable to get through since the lines or website are under siege from folk who have never been near a Hearts game in however long but now fancy a jolly in the Kingdom cause the teams doing not bad.

Or arent able to rock up and stand for however long in queues at the ticket office.

Im sure theres plenty more.

been here before
13 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

If Celtic had put 5 past us on Sat, folk would be handing them back!

The Celtic result is immaterial. The tickets were initially sold out before that game.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Or if they can get online or on the phone are unable to get through since the lines or website are under siege from folk who have never been near a Hearts game in however long but now fancy a jolly in the Kingdom cause the teams doing not bad.

Or arent able to rock up and stand for however long in queues at the ticket office.

Fair enough, but 18 quid is 18 quid and if we can take larger away crowds because of our form so be it.

been here before
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

Fair enough, but 18 quid is 18 quid and if we can take larger away crowds because of our form so be it.

Hardly fair on the more 'deserving' supporter though- for want of a better word.

LPs for the first batch, steadily brouht down over a week and those who deserve one get one and the rest go to a free for all. 

Same amount of support and a fairer system.

Edited by been here before

2 minutes ago, been here before said:

The Celtic result is immaterial. The tickets were initially sold out before that game.

I think this morning’s surge might have had something to do with the result tbh.

As I said, everyone will get a ticket and going forward I’m sure it will be back to LPs.

been here before
1 minute ago, Gashauskis9 said:

I think this morning’s surge might have had something to do with the result tbh.

As I said, everyone will get a ticket and going forward I’m sure it will be back to LPs.

I think this mornings rush is more likely to be those left frustrated by missing out initially.

comradejambo
4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I'm not sure how having a morning meeting at work would have stopped people from going to either of the group games, given that one was on a Tuesday night and the other on a Sunday afternoon! 

Not sure how this is relevant. The other group matches were not in anywhere near as high demand!

My point is relating to THIS match. Most people, such as myself have jobs and some may have been busy during the short period when the tickets we’re available. As they went so quickly on Wednesday (as was in a meeting for my employment) I could not get one at this point. Granted, like the club i still did not foresee an issue , given 5500 tickets were expected. These went extremely quickly. 

I tried for 3/4 an hour this morning but was unfortunately could not get a ticket. This was not expected and outwith my control (continuously on the phones and online to no avail)

I am also on a 630am flight on Wednesday for work so will not be able to make the ticket office. That said I will try and get a ticket  when the plane lands.

Perhaps, as demand was so high initially, the club could have put the tickets today on LPs to ensure those who go to games get a ticket. (They could do this on Wednesday - even for a tenporary period —say 2pm on the day) Again, I appreciate the club might not have anticipated the demand but I strongly feel, those that go to games should be able to get a ticket and shouldnt be stuck in a scramble.

Hope the team can continue to do well and lessons can be learned from this. I’m sure I will manage to get a ticket one way or other for Saturday (even in the home end at worst)

Edited by comradejambo

40 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Remember Dunfy putting us out of the LC in 1997 in front of a huge away support.

I think the match went to extra time.

Was that a midweek game?  Remember being put out of the cup there and it was baltic that night.

Remember winning there in the Scottish cup in the early 90’s with a late winner too. 

49 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Remember Dunfy putting us out of the LC in 1997 in front of a huge away support.

I think the match went to extra time.

.....that match was the only time I managed to get madam to go to an away game.  

below is the stadium diagram on the pars ticket site.... if all maroon areas are us, then it will be a hell of an atmosphere.

also checking the availiblity for pars sections it seems that they haven't sold very many advance tickets... they have tons of tickets availible atm.

image.png.9f264122289ecffebc730cde3cfa5a30.png

Cairneyhill Jambo
1 hour ago, jambo_ said:

below is the stadium diagram on the pars ticket site.... if all maroon areas are us, then it will be a hell of an atmosphere.

also checking the availiblity for pars sections it seems that they haven't sold very many advance tickets... they have tons of tickets availible atm.

image.png.9f264122289ecffebc730cde3cfa5a30.png

We wont get 7 sections of the northeast stand. 4 or 5 at most. 

4 hours ago, been here before said:

It was easy enough to get a ticket when they originally went on sale. They weren't announced as sold out until the afternoon and anyone with as many loyalty points as you're suggesting would remember the quick sales for the Motherwell and Raith games. An easy online purchase or phone call on a lunch break for anyone who couldn't get to Tynie that day.

been here before
7 hours ago, JamboJen said:

It was easy enough to get a ticket when they originally went on sale. They weren't announced as sold out until the afternoon and anyone with as many loyalty points as you're suggesting would remember the quick sales for the Motherwell and Raith games. An easy online purchase or phone call on a lunch break for anyone who couldn't get to Tynie that day.

Aye because its thats simple.

Despite the fact people clearly couldnt do that, some of whom have stated as much on this thread, you still think they could.

I only managed to get one at the last minute and that was a total fluke otherwise Id likely have missed out entierly.

But you know its eaay for everyone.

19 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Looking like there could be 6K Jambos on Sat.  Highly imrpessive stuff.

I think its nearly 4k sold and another 700 released for tomorrow morning.

Jambo 4 Ever
18 hours ago, Blekksprut said:

The win against celtic should have been the indicator here. start with LPs, worst comes to worst lower it and lower it. then general sale after loyal fans get first go. Agree that it was most likely an honest mistake by the club however.

This

the person who comes up with the non loyalty points needs to have a proper think for next time 

Jambo 4 Ever
18 hours ago, Blekksprut said:

The win against celtic should have been the indicator here. start with LPs, worst comes to worst lower it and lower it. then general sale after loyal fans get first go. Agree that it was most likely an honest mistake by the club however.

This

the person who comes up with the non loyalty points needs to have a proper think for next time 

John Findlay
14 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

It's 3pts awarded for this game.

8 hours ago, JamboJen said:

They were sold out by lunchtime though, as my brother found out when he went to tynecastle that day. He, plus his son and grandson still haven't managed to get tickets but he will be up there tomorrow morning to try again. I hate criticising the club at any time but I do think they should have had at least a day selling them with a decent amount of loyalty points required before the free for all. And I say that as someone who managed to get 5 tickets, one of them for someone with only 3 loyalty points

Stephen Muddie
On 08/08/2018 at 08:24, Haken said:

I think the demand for these tickets has taken everyone by surprise.  The ticket office is probably as astonished as anyone by the switch from wrist-slashing dismay to we shall not be moved optimism.

:laugh:

Stephen Muddie
57 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

This

Which person is it?

John Findlay
8 minutes ago, XB52 said:

one of them for someone with only 3 loyalty points

Then you helped create the problem you're having a moan about.

45 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Then you helped create the problem you're having a moan about.

???? Not having a moan at all, more sympathising with those who have points but not got tickets. Actually reading back my post could even be seen as gloating that I got a ticket for someone who didn't really deserve it and that certainly was not my intention

Edited by XB52

Montgomery Brewster
17 hours ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

i'm sure i remember a game at Dunfermline cup possibly either midweek (cos it was dark) or in the winter (cos it was also dark) and a massive bottle (cheap champagne not buckie) was hurled from the Hearts end terracing days and nearly took Dallas (i think) senior out missed his bonkle by about six inches however my memory might be playing tricks i think it may have finished 3-2 or 3-1 and it may not have been Dallas. London Hearts may be able to help.

Just had a wee skek on London Hearts looks like it was the 4-1 game and McGinlay was the ref

The bottle was chucked at the linesman but landed short ! 

Maroon Sailor

I've got the loyalty points and have dipped out so far but I will be in the last chance saloon tomorrow. I got taken by surprise and was complacent in getting my shit together.

No problem with it - spread the love, I find it good news that Hearts can shift nearly 4K worth of away tickets for a League Cup tie so quickly.

Fxxx the SPFL
37 minutes ago, Montgomery Brewster said:

The bottle was chucked at the linesman but landed short ! 

you could be right i'd had a few bevvies and i'm using my age as an excuse lol.

34 minutes ago, Ray has bus pass hooray said:

you could be right i'd had a few bevvies and i'm using my age as an excuse lol.

It was aimed at the linesman. A match around xmas/new year iirc. 

1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

I've got the loyalty points and have dipped out so far but I will be in the last chance saloon tomorrow. I got taken by surprise and was complacent in getting my shit together.

No problem with it - spread the love, I find it good news that Hearts can shift nearly 4K worth of away tickets for a League Cup tie so quickly.

??? Great post, totally agree.  We’ve got a new stand to fill, we need fresh support to replace the pilots and Levein haters who supposedly aren’t coming back...

scott herbertson

My mate will be on his third go at getting them on Wednesday for him, me (both St holders) and my daughter (who has no loyalty points as she is not registered but attends when she can and is a future st with any luck)

No problem if we lose out - as pointed out the fact we are selling so many indicates happy days are here again

Fxxx the SPFL
54 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It was aimed at the linesman. A match around xmas/new year iirc. 

cheers Dave i stand corrected.

The Old Tolbooth

Are any of the guys on here who're threatening to lose out willing to go into the home end? I say that because there's plenty left, and if you all bought in the same section it could be rather interesting :D 

1 hour ago, johnmitchell said:

Are any of the guys on here who're threatening to lose out willing to go into the home end? I say that because there's plenty left, and if you all bought in the same section it could be rather interesting :D 

Will they sell to us? I.e. With no buying history and Edinburgh address etc

The Old Tolbooth
42 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

They've never been fussy with me in the past mate, never checked anything, just sold me tickets, although to be fair it wasn't as big a game as this one, it was against Hibs in the championship :D 

48 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

It would be funny to ask a friend in Dunfermline to go into the Pars ticket and ask for 400 or 500 tickets, preferably together, and as close as possible to the away end. I'm sure we wouldn't get rumbled.  :laugh:

FarmerTweedy
18 hours ago, comradejambo said:

Not sure how this is relevant. The other group matches were not in anywhere near as high demand!

My point is relating to THIS match. Most people, such as myself have jobs and some may have been busy during the short period when the tickets we’re available. As they went so quickly on Wednesday (as was in a meeting for my employment) I could not get one at this point. Granted, like the club i still did not foresee an issue , given 5500 tickets were expected. These went extremely quickly. 

I tried for 3/4 an hour this morning but was unfortunately could not get a ticket. This was not expected and outwith my control (continuously on the phones and online to no avail)

I am also on a 630am flight on Wednesday for work so will not be able to make the ticket office. That said I will try and get a ticket  when the plane lands.

Perhaps, as demand was so high initially, the club could have put the tickets today on LPs to ensure those who go to games get a ticket. (They could do this on Wednesday - even for a tenporary period —say 2pm on the day) Again, I appreciate the club might not have anticipated the demand but I strongly feel, those that go to games should be able to get a ticket and shouldnt be stuck in a scramble.

Hope the team can continue to do well and lessons can be learned from this. I’m sure I will manage to get a ticket one way or other for Saturday (even in the home end at worst)

Good for you!  The post you were replying to was quite obviously referring to the group stage games. I say quite obviously because it specifically said "group stage games"!!!! Your, and most people's, job didn't really have any bearing on ability to attend the group stage games.  The point of the post you replied to was that the level of interest from the fans in attending the group stage games (at our own ground and with lower ticket prices) would understandably have had a significant bearing on the club's expectation for demand for the away game at Dunfermline.  It's clear from reading through this thread that most people posting on it were also surprised at the level of demand.  Your reply to that post made absolutely no sense at all in relation to the post you were replying to!

FWIW, it will be a shame if fans who have traveled to the likes of the Cove and Raith games, as well as maybe season ticket holders too, miss out on tickets because some folk who only go to the odd game now and again managed to get in ahead of them, and I think you're right that the last batch of tickets (and probably the batch put on sale yesterday) should probably be sold with a LP threshold, and in hindsight, it would have been better if the first batch had been sold in a similar fashion. I'd suggest that you actually feed back your views on this directly to the club, as that's the most likely way that they'll get heard, and possibly acted on in the future!

Good luck tomorrow, I hope you're off your flight in time to get on your phone and get one!

Old Pivotonian

Does anyone know if we will be restricted to one ticket per person tomorrow at the ticket office? So, if I turn up with my season ticket and my son's season ticket will I still only be given one ticket?  I've been phoning the TO all afternoon but no-one seems to be picking up.  Any help appreciated.

oh ah grantona
5 minutes ago, Old Pivotonian said:

Does anyone know if we will be restricted to one ticket per person tomorrow at the ticket office? So, if I turn up with my season ticket and my son's season ticket will I still only be given one ticket?  I've been phoning the TO all afternoon but no-one seems to be picking up.  Any help appreciated.

1 ticket per account so you will get 2 no problem. All tickets have to be assigned to a customer ref 

Old Pivotonian
5 minutes ago, oh ah grantona said:

1 ticket per account so you will get 2 no problem. All tickets have to be assigned to a customer ref 

Thanks very much for the speedy response. I appreciate it.

If you are going to the Ticket Office to purchase it is CASH ONLY. 

Edited by magicTs