• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Cruyff Turn

• Geoff Kilpatrick

• Hearts007

glynnlondon

I'm not being funny but it's shaping up to be another poor pre season and everything is going to be hunky dory just because if we believe. like it has the past 2and a half.

What has happened to us since promotion and you can **** off with the nearly dead bollocks.

Governor Tarkin
41 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

Get back under the rock you have been hiding under you excuse for a human being.

He's got a point.

You know what, and I lost money today and wasn't impressed....but

As soon as I started watching, in a shit ground, on a shit pitch and a shit atmosphere I had a feeling we would be, well, shit.

No excuse, but we played well last 15 minutes that will have been noted.

Season will come good, starting next game at Tynie.

We're still learning about the players, I groaned when Morrison came on, shows you, what do I knowm turned out to be MOTM.

We've a good team there, chillax.

Just now, glynnlondon said:

I'm not being funny but it's shaping up to be another poor pre season and everything is going to be hunky dory just because if we believe. like it has the past 2and a half.

What has happened to us since promotion and you can **** off with the nearly dead bollocks.

Nothing has changed.

Our away form is still shocking, as it has been for almost my entire lifetime watching Hearts, and we have a pretty average squad with maybe 2 big names.

For comparison what do you believe we had before promotion that has been lost?

Just now, GorgieRules22 said:

We were ****in crap, what do you see that I don’t ???

Ok first off im replying to a guy wi one post whos first post is Levein out. 

But as you asked. Yes for 70 mins we were awful , slow in passing it , no width , didnt find each other , didnt shoot when we could. We shouldnt of needed the young lads to come on to inject energy and enthusiasm in the game. Last 15/20 we played as we did at cove for the first 60/65mins. The disallowed goal would of papered the cracks but it wasnt acceptable. Watch Leveins interview it pretty much says the same thing we all have said then even goes on to say the senior players need a shake as it was very disappointing today. 

Now show me where I said it was acceptable today please

Okay this is my first ever post and  1. I’m posting  from Lanzarote pished having watched the game in an Irish pub 2. I’ve not read the whole thread cos I know the way it’ll have gone but just gonna say yes we weren’t great (pish at times) but ultimately we scored a perfectly legitimate last minute winner that was disallowed cos the referee guessed  a decision so, you know the negative posted are maybe a bit premature - just saying. And yes I know I am  pished and it may transpire the naysayers are right ?

Escobar PHM
49 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

Hows that? We can still make 11 points if it’s a fine on Monday! 

Just a fine gets us out of jail of course. I’m working on the basis that we’ll lose 3 points.

Edited by Escobar PHM

6 minutes ago, Diego10 said:

We were awful. Minor excuses in a garbage pitch, and a terrible decision costing us the win but we knew that we had to win and that we probably needed goals and that's what wer served up.  

Cathro was sacked for little worse

Problem being, a very small percentage of those on here were in Elgin or Peterhead so it’s hard for them to compare today against last year.

We were better today than last year. But not by much.

Nowhere near good enough. Bitterly bitterly disappointed.

grumpy rebus

Think today showed why Lafferty and Naismith as a front two doesn’t work. Both like to come deep and/or wide. We need at least one striker who will hold the line and not just congest the midfield. 

I also thought we looked better with a back four. Smith as an orthodox RB and Haring looked decent in midfield. 

The “kids” that came on we’re possibly our best players, especially Morrison. 

2 minutes ago, Rally200 said:

As soon as I started watching, in a shit ground, on a shit pitch and a shit atmosphere I had a feeling we would be, well, shit.

We're still learning about the players, I groaned when Morrison came on, shows you, what do I knowm turned out to be MOTM.

Morrison was hungry and screaming for the ball on wednesday and anytime he could he took it and drove at the Cove defence same as he did today when he came on. Hopefully he can produce at a higher level for us too

2 minutes ago, Rally200 said:

A good team? Based on what?  You could argue some decent individuals but a good team? Sorry we’ve no been a good team since our first season back in the top flight. 

Clerry Jambo
18 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Hope we don't use Mondays outcome as the reason we are going out. 

Today was a must win and everyone at the club understood that and with that in mind the performance was a huge let down.

100% correct bud, no feckin excuses

1 minute ago, Escobar PHM said:

Just a fine gets us out of jail if course. I’m working on the basis that we’ll lose 3 points.

? let’s hope it’s a fine.  

Bridge of Djoum
4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

He's got a point.

Leaping to the defence of a guy who wished us to lose to Hibs.

You're better than that.

17 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

Hope we don't use Mondays outcome as the reason we are going out. 

Today was a must win and everyone at the club understood that and with that in mind the performance was a huge let down.

Whether we go out the league cup in the first round AGAIN for footballing or administrative reasons, it's embarrassing either way. Excuses are over - even the most ardent optimists in the Hearts support have been saying as much all summer.

2 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

A good team? Based on what?  You could argue some decent individuals but a good team? Sorry we’ve no been a good team since our first season back in the top flight. 

Just think this is the best group of players since then.

We've a good mix of internationalists, quality and youth. The wasters have been binned.

It's a good squad imo for sure, as for Levein and his tactics I'm on the fence but will give it the season before I go overboard.

3 minutes ago, Flimsy said:

Whether we go out the league cup in the first round AGAIN for footballing or administrative reasons, it's embarrassing either way. Excuses are over - even the most ardent optimists in the Hearts support have been saying as much all summer.

Correct.

Love Hearts. Love Craig Levein.

Exiting at the group stage for WHATEVER reason simply isn’t good enough.

Fxxx the SPFL

It'll be a hefty fine on Monday then two home wins top of the group bring on the hobbits. Mrs B will have had a wee word in sflsfa lugholes and all will be fine.

Believe that if you will.

Every signing we have made bar Naysmith is a total punt there will be more days ahead like this Levein has bought himself time with the amount of players brought in ie need time to gel or at least that will be the party line

Nookie Bear

Can only go by what I’ve seen so...blimey, it’s not great at all. 

Apart from Lafferty’s disinterest, it’s tbe midfield once more that concerns. 

Lee was anonymous 

Bozanic will be overrun by better players

Mulraney looks like an ICT benchwarmer

Smith not a wing back (but we do have injuries out there)

Burns lacks quality

We have Edwards on the bench. From what I know of him, he would have provided some impetus to proceedings - is that not the point of having so many players, to give us options and energy?

Just felt we looked like a team made up of what we are: a cobbled together group of players from European and Australian backwater leagues. We all hoped the sun may be greater than the parts but it’s not evident so far. 

It it also doesn't help that our tactics appear to be outdated, based on possession and too slow until we start chasing in a panic. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

132goals1958

On holiday in Spain and dragged the good lady into a bar after requesting the barman to switch the tv to BT Sport 2.Got her a newspaper so she could occupy the time.Apart from the last 15 minutes that was absolutely dire . Luckily she is very understanding lady 

All Out Attack
50 minutes ago, adayinmay said:

Win our two games and we progress. 

Simples. 

Enough of the age 10 panic crap. 

This is a new team in pre season. 

Feet will be found. 

This is  not pre-season. 

This is the league cup and management have had long enough to prepare them now. 

Did Lafferty's injury look like a bad one? Can't see a separate thread so I'm assuming not?

47 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You wanted Hibs to beat us in the last derby.

:cornette:

Lol. Nope. I’ve mever wanted Hibs to best Hearts. I was however prepared to lose a meaningless end of season derby IF (note the word IF, IF you are capable of such comprehension!) it meant the departure of the totally useless and serial losing manager! 

But give him time they cried AGAIN!!! And now we draw with Raith Rovers a must win game on the back of another HMFC fiasco! Another massive F in the long list of Levein FAILS. Keep backing him all you want, head in the sand, delusion. Brought in a bunch of journeymen nonentities that much is already clear. If a couple work out to be top 3/4 in the SPL qualify it will be a surprise. 

All Out Attack
6 minutes ago, pointon said:

Every signing we have made bar Naysmith is a total punt there will be more days ahead like this Levein has bought himself time with the amount of players brought in ie need time to gel or at least that will be the party line

The bulk of the new signings were brought in before pre-season, you don't get to use that excuse for management failings. 

Governor Tarkin
11 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

Leaping to the defence of a guy who wished us to lose to Hibs.

You're better than that.

I wasn't aware of that.

Must've gotten lost in the noise of last seasons pish.

He often makes some valid (if scathing) observations but that's just overstepping the mark.

27 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Hiya Hendricks. Still cheering on Hibs to win matches against us?

Ok, bye.

:vrface:

keep backing Craigy boy I’m sure he’ll luck his way to a 1/4 final at some stage....lol. 

1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

Lol. Nope. I’ve mever wanted Hibs to best Hearts. I was however prepared to lose a meaningless end of season derby IF (note the word IF, IF you are capable of such comprehension!) it meant the departure of the totally useless and serial losing manager! 

But give him time they cried AGAIN!!! And now we draw with Raith Rovers a must win game on the back of another HMFC fiasco! Another massive F in the long list of Levein FAILS. Keep backing him all you want, head in the sand, delusion. Brought in a bunch of journeymen nonentities that much is already clear. If a couple work out to be top 3/4 in the SPL qualify it will be a surprise. 

If another manager was to come in they would have the same scouting network and the same budget at their disposal.

Hearts cannot attract nor afford big name signings and that has nothing to do with Levein.

3 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I wasn't aware of that.

Must've gotten lost in the noise of last seasons pish.

He often makes some valid (if scathing) observations but that's just overstepping the mark.

He can yes , but he did along with a couple of others say he hoped hibs beat us in the last derby. No matter how its dressed up ie to get rid of a manager its just not acceptable for a Hearts fan to ever want Hibs to beat us

Edited by sadj

Just now, Hendricks said:

:vrface:

keep backing Craigy boy I’m sure he’ll luck his way to a 1/4 final at some stage....lol. 

Thats the most Hibs thing you’ve said...

oh wait...second most Hibs thing you’ve said...

13 minutes ago, Rally200 said:

Just think this is the best group of players since then.

We've a good mix of internationalists, quality and youth. The wasters have been binned.

It's a good squad imo for sure, as for Levein and his tactics I'm on the fence but will give it the season before I go overboard.

There are certainly good individuals but so far there’s nothing indicating a good team today it was anything but. 

SFA shafted us today with that terrible decision to disallow berra’s goal and they’ll shaft us again on Monday by awarding cove the win.  Being a hearts fan is great eh?

Edited by Badonde

It should have been ten
1 hour ago, Squirt said:

Think quite a few posters are needing their naps after reading this thread.

Still, can definitely tell the footballs back. 

Thats true :laugh:

1 minute ago, sadj said:

:robbo:

3 minutes ago, Squirt said:

If another manager was to come in they would have the same scouting network and the same budget at their disposal.

Hearts cannot attract nor afford big name signings and that has nothing to do with Levein.

Hahaha what utter tosh. He could have signed half the players on twice the wages augmenting the squad with youth players instead went for massive quantity over quality AGAIN. The guys ****ing clueless. Brings in a rake of mediocre plated all over the place. Best player today was the 20 minutes of Morrison. It would be sad if it wasn’t so utterly predictable. Anyone with any intelligence can already see this seasons going to be the same old pish but continue to excuse him and buy him time if it makes you feel like a top Hearts man!

Edited by Hendricks

Enzo Chiefo
1 minute ago, Hendricks said:

I agree Hendricks. AB has already cut Levein far too much slack and i just can't believe that fans still support him despite literally dozens of players being signed during his tenure as DOF and Head Coach ...with the same outcomes. He can hide behind playing dross like Dumbarton and Forfar but, eventually, we will be found out when we come up against SPL sides and particularity the OF, Hibs and Aberdeen

Big Slim Stylee
3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Nice to see a familiar poster returning from exile.

Self-imposed?

I’d like to say “a welcome return”  but......nah not really.

All Out Attack
17 minutes ago, El Diez said:

Correct.

Love Hearts. Love Craig Levein.

Exiting at the group stage for WHATEVER reason simply isn’t good enough.

If we fail to qualify for the next round, no matter what the reason, new management is required. 

Football matters are Levein's ultimate responsibility. 

Team on the park, Levein's responsibility. 

We are an absolute shambles under this man and have been for two seconds now. If he can't cut it any more, he must be punted.

We need accountability for what we are being served up. 

Edited by All Out Attack

Thanks to the format we only dropped a point but that was absolutely abysmal today.

The most disappointing thing was I knew it would be beforehand.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hiya! Still taking shite I see lololol. Another great result for your boy Levein eh?!!! I wonder how many times you’ve been wrong about him. Must be kinda embarrassing to continue to back such a dud.

3 minutes ago, Juanjo15 said:

There are certainly good individuals but so far there’s nothing indicating a good team today it was anything but. 

Was very disjointed today even at the end the clicking of the team wasn’t quite there. Should come but i’d like it quickly please

First half I thought we were ok, second half we were abysmal until the final 15.

Wasn't a fan of our set up at all today. I just don't think our players will ever be comfortable playing 3 at the back. We really seem to be over-thinking things with this formation and it puts a lot of pressure on the defence if teams get in behind the wing back.

Regarding our play, didn't see many positives until Morrison came on. Souttar shelling long crossfield balls out to Mulraney, overcrowding the attacking midfield areas(Bozanic/Lee/Naismith), countless aimless balls in from wide areas, pedestrian movement in and around the box...**** me we are frustrating away from home.

Should be 2 wins out of 2  ( before the pens) and we could've ended up with 1 point..down to the sfa ref and the verdict on Monday.. mental 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Was very disjointed today even at the end the clicking of the team wasn’t quite there. Should come but i’d like it quickly please

Yeah I agree.  Hopefully it comes because we need to actually play as a team this season and hit the ground running in the league if we are to be put out this competition next week. 

Alex Kintner

The posters who wanted us to lose to Hibs in the last derby and the posters who were desperate for ST sales to be poor are all over this thread like a tramp on chips.

Predictable.

grumpyespana

Its a pity Haring tried to play the world class long pass instead of just knocking it sideways to Berra for the Raith goal, but hey ho its all if and buts.

• davemclaren locked this topic