Sean Clare signs 3 year deal ( updated )

El Diez

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Bazzas right boot

• Deviskan

• Beast Boy

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Sellng Djoum mght help fund the other 2. 3.5 years is a bit excessive though. ?

Nah, takes him to 35.

Perfect, also gives him security, maybe the deal clincher v bigger teams offering 1 or 2 year deals on more money. 

Never been pacey anyway. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, CornhillHearts said:

He’s manager of civil service strollers these days

Ahhh Ffs, is he? 

Thought he was still with City, did he get sacked?

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Canny turn our noses up at promising talents but the question remains, is it is or them? 

Never underestimate the ambition of The Spartans 

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Never underestimate the ambition of The Spartans 

They only play 300 a side though.  Cheats!

CornhillHearts
36 minutes ago, WeeChuck'sHeed said:

Ahhh Ffs, is he? 

Thought he was still with City, did he get sacked?

Yes mate, last October. 

James Mcdonagh- ex Hibs 20s, then Falkirk assistant to Peter Houston now the manager. 

2 minutes ago, SM Sheffield said:

Central midfield

Hmm. Would be a squad player then. We have quite a few players for that role- Haring, Lee, Djoum, Bozanic and Cochrane. Although Djoum is better further up the pitch. However in saying that if we picked up a couple of injuries/ suspensions or poor form then we could be a bit light in the middle of the park.  If his wages are ok then it would be a good bit of business. Only 21 years old and has plenty of sell on value potential. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Sellng Djoum mght help fund the other 2. 3.5 years is a bit excessive though. ?

Why sell your best midfield player if he is willing to re-sign?

If we offered Naismith a 5 year deal I seriously wouldn't blink. The guys a winner and pace isn't his game. What he could potentially do for this club on the pitch is exciting and a captain without the armband. Dunno if he'd last to 37, but if meant securing him now then it would worth it IMO I reckon if he could transfer that mentality into coaching we could have an even stronger set up in 3-7 years time (assuming thats what he wants to move into). 

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

If we offered Naismith a 5 year deal I seriously wouldn't blink. The guys a winner and pace isn't his game. What he could potentially do for this club on the pitch is exciting and a captain without the armband. Dunno if he'd last to 37, but if meant securing him now then it would worth it IMO I reckon if he could transfer that mentality into coaching we could have an even stronger set up in 3-7 years time (assuming thats what he wants to move into). 

Spot on guy is a born winner.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Cert of this is true he’s signing for Hibs. Hearts target they’d never heard of so they go nd sign him. Pretty sure Celtic reserves and Hearts targets are their entire scouting network

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is he willing to re-sign on terms within our means?

Not trying to be funny when I say this but I think his injuries may have screwed his chance of getting a move to the championship or a bigger club just my thoughts though.

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Not trying to be funny when I say this but I think his injuries may have screwed his chance of getting a move to the championship or a bigger club just my thoughts though.

You may be right and we are in an excellent position to know his long term prospects  better than anyone else.

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

good post

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Tell you where we definitely could strengthen, and where this kid can play - right wing back.

Needs to be a strong tackler if so, because that's where we'd be attacked you can bet on that. No I think hed be an option for the bench right now, that's what Levein said about McLean. He was brought in for if things weren't going well, this guy would be too. On paper it's another exciting signing

31 minutes ago, OTT said:

All Kenny Miller has is pace and the ability to score a goal. He’s 38 and still playing at the top level in Scotland. Naismith can’t lose much pace as he doesn’t have much and scores for fun and is a much better player. I wouldn’t write him off playing that long. 

1 hour ago, CornhillHearts said:

He’s manager of civil service strollers these days

I thought Civil service manager is Alex Cunningham unless it's recently changed.

Tynecastle Valhalla

I’m a big fan of Michael smith and think he will nail down the right side This season. Very consistent player 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, CornhillHearts said:

Yes mate, last October. 

James Mcdonagh- ex Hibs 20s, then Falkirk assistant to Peter Houston now the manager. 

Cheers, checked wiki as well. 

Dunno how that got by me. 

28 minutes ago, wallace_mercer said:

I’m a big fan of Michael smith and think he will nail down the right side This season. Very consistent player 

I’ll be honest and say I’ve never been a big fan but he’s been steady enough. However, I think he showed his weakness against St Mirren at the equaliser.

If we are to keep moving forward I think we need to improve that side of the park, both defensively and going forward as we are seeing on our left side.

Even if we don’t sign anyone I think in time Godhino and even Brandon will offer more. 

I’m really excited about this if it’s true. Whisper it, but... Craig’s actually going for the big prize here. Otherwise he wouldn’t have signed Dikamona, Wighton, and Clare. We would just have went with what we have. ?

If we do fall short but win a cup, I’ll still be celebrating, but... ?

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No clue via Twitter 

Huh?

He has no clue about this? You've found nothing about this on Twitter? There is no suggestion of this on Twitter?  ?

42 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I’ll be honest and say I’ve never been a big fan but he’s been steady enough. However, I think he showed his weakness against St Mirren at the equaliser.

If we are to keep moving forward I think we need to improve that side of the park, both defensively and going forward as we are seeing on our left side.

Even if we don’t sign anyone I think in time Godhino and even Brandon will offer more. 

Yeah I agree. He does a shift at right back in a back 4 and centre half in a back 3. But is awful at wing back. Jamie Brandon will be the long term right back i’d imagine although Godinho was very impressive when he played last season and is back a few months before Brandon. 

1 hour ago, Bez said:

I’m really excited about this if it’s true. Whisper it, but... Craig’s actually going for the big prize here. Otherwise he wouldn’t have signed Dikamona, Wighton, and Clare. We would just have went with what we have. ?

If we do fall short but win a cup, I’ll still be celebrating, but... ?

Me too! Though I don't think we've signed these players because of the winning start, he would've anyway as so many left.

P.s. WELCOME SEAN

Edited by Dia Liom

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Not sure he's signed Dikamona for that. More necessity. 

18 minutes ago, Dia Liom said:

Me too! Though I don't think we've signed these players because of the winning start, he would've anyway as so many left.

P.s. WELCOME SEAN

More the fact we signed him/them at all. Wasn’t too long ago we would have went with what we had and ‘made do’. Just sensing that we maybe in for something a wee bit special this season.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Not sure he's signed Dikamona for that. More necessity. 

Ye. I'm all in favour of clutching at straws as a Hearts supporter infact it's a must, but Dikamona is here for the bench definatly