***World Cup 2018 - Croatia v England***

Cade

Alex Kintner
17 minutes ago, Deviskan said:

I’m telling you now...he’s a broken man!

Broken to Hibs 5-1 levels...

Glorious!

18 minutes ago, Morgan said:

His phone doesn’t have a camera mind, or his other devices... :lol: 

:jjyay:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Morgan

• Hearts007

• Alex Kintner

• ri Alban

3 minutes ago, Boab said:

Opening later in Scotland and getting extra lemons delivered so people can sook on them to keep the smiles off their faces !

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Cade said:

Spot on.

The orange twat is making his first official state visit this week so there's a campaign to get that song to top the charts.

Ah of course, cheers. I assume you’re not referring to his religious leanings??

Might upset some of our more “traditional” fans.?

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

11 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Haha. Bet they dont announce viewing figures for it!

Add one here. I’m off the morn and have a bottle of red breathing.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Fozzyonthefence
Just now, 1971fozzy said:

Stones :rofl: header saved on the line , then hibsed it minutes later by chasing a ghost at their winner 

:clyay:

That was Sunday pub league defending. I think most of us knew their defence was shite but other than Belgium reserves nobody had really tested it.  France or Brazil would have taken them to the cleaners.

JudyJudyJudy

what a great night just to see the faces on Lineker " "wrighty" Neville et al  and also watching Keano wipe the floor with wrighty  .   Been absolutely outstanding and one of the best day of tennis at Wimbledon ever/  Good night . Pleasing. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Yes but Killing in the Name was a countrywide effort to stop the X Factor getting Christmas no1 iirc. What’s the significance of American Idiot, must be Trump related?

Yes it was an organised attempt to get it to Number 1 for that ****s visit.

5 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Absolutely nails it. These roasters in the media and the public just wrote their team talk. Just made my night this interview. Thanks for sharing 

C309DC02-C292-4D8F-BAF8-CD1704B2F9C7.gif

Edited by 1971fozzy

7 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Modric bombarding the English press and commentators/pundits with truth bullets...lovely stuff.

Howdy Doody Jambo

At least there won't be a waistcoat shortage and there will hopefully be a new no1 in the charts 

15 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Can you imagine how annoyed Southgate will be hearing that? He tried so hard to make his nation humble, curb their inherent arrogance and boorish over-confidence, only to have it all wrecked for him by the same guys who failed themselves over the last 28 years...

EDIT: I wrote this comment before watching the video. Modric even says they should be more humble and respectful of opponents! LOL

Edited by Spellczech

9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Spot on!  Roy Keane was also spot on.  The English pundits completely under estimated Croatia and seemed to assume that a place in the final was a formality.  Rio Ferdinand predicted a 2 or 3 nil win for England, where did he get that from?  I saw the stats towards the end of the game that showed shots on target - Croatia 7 v England 1, England's being their 4th minute goal direct from a free kick.  

1 minute ago, RobNox said:

Spot on!  Roy Keane was also spot on.  The English pundits completely under estimated Croatia and seemed to assume that a place in the final was a formality.  Rio Ferdinand predicted a 2 or 3 nil win for England, where did he get that from?  I saw the stats towards the end of the game that showed shots on target - Croatia 7 v England 1, England's being their 4th minute goal direct from a free kick.  

That's the nature of the beast !

I feel for Southgate now as he has to keep this going, such is the pressure, intentional or otherwise, from the English media and pundits.

SwindonJambo

Like most on here, I am far from disappointed with tonight's result. However, I find the jumping up and down to celebrate cringey and embarrassing. Your rival's failure is not your own success. Scotland remain in a pitiful state with the usual small population crap trotted out as an excuse. Croatia, with an even smaller one have tonight shown this up for the utter bollocks it is.

Listen closely to Luca Madric's words. When asked if this was his greatest moment in football he paused and said 'maybe, but it definitely will be if we win on Sunday'. He and his team are winners and will be satisfied with nothing less. So no more reminiscing about all the past nearly moments, SFA, get your arses in gear and sort it out.

One person who comes out with huge credit for England is their manager. An absolute gent and class act. He's growing into the job.

Alex Kintner
1 minute ago, SwindonJambo said:

Like most on here, I am far from disappointed with tonight's result. However, I find the jumping up and down to celebrate cringey and embarrassing. Your rival's failure is not your own success. Scotland remain in a pitiful state with the usual small population crap trotted out as an excuse. Croatia, with an even smaller one have tonight shown this up for the utter bollocks it is.

Listen closely to Luca Madric's words. When asked if this was his greatest moment in football he paused and said 'maybe, but it definitely will be if we win on Sunday'. He and his team are winners and will be satisfied with nothing less. So no more reminiscing about all the past nearly moments, SFA, get your arses in gear and sort it out.

One person who comes out with huge credit for England is their manager. An absolute gent and class act. He's growing into the job.

Southgate is a gent but had no plan B. Tactically inept

2 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

:cornette:

1 hour ago, Boab said:

You can temper it by tuning in as they KO and tuning out when the game ends. 

I've found my dislike of any English media nonsense greatly reduced by not being exposed to any of it.

That is what I do as well.

Even turn the sound down although I turn it back up when the opposition score.

We go a step further in our house as soon as the news or any other England World Cup propaganda comes on the screen we switch channels until it's over.

It's the only way otherwise it will drive you round the twist.

3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

Thanks for your advice but I will continue laughing at England defeats the same way I do about Hibs getting beat.

1 minute ago, luckydug said:

We go a step further in our house as soon as the news or any other England World Cup propaganda comes on the screen we switch channels until it's over.

Ended up watching Everyone Loves Raymond on channel 4 this morning to escape it all. Forgot how much I liked it

17 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Can you imagine how annoyed Southgate will be hearing that? He tried so hard to make his nation humble, curb their inherent arrogance and boorish over-confidence, only to have it all wrecked for him by the same guys who failed themselves over the last 28 years...

EDIT: I wrote this comment before watching the video. Modric even says they should be more humble and respectful of opponents! LOL

Nailed it perfectly. Mind you he was taking the cash from Pizza Hut for a fek up shoot out which was unforgivable to profit from being partly responsible. However yes your right, he’s done incredibly well and made huge strides. I was warming to him and them until the usual shite press and arrogance started. He could of done without it for sure. A well decent bloke

7 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Nah, I usually have the volume cranked up during the match, mate, but sometimes the best games are in the boozer when you can't hear any commentary anyway and are at the bar when the pundits are on !

Either way, I don't get people seething about listening to English punditry...it's not A Clockwork Orange...you're no tied to your seat !

Edited by Boab

The state of John Barnes on SSN :rofl:

Saying they deserve a hero’s welcome back ffs. Carry on lad. That kind of thinking breeds failure. He needs to stay off of he pork pies ffs before giving out advice on fitba

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

Saying they deserve a hero’s welcome back ffs. Carry on lad. That kind of thinking breeds failure. He needs to stay off of he pork pies ffs before giving out advice on fitba

Tunisia, Panama and Sweden - I can see why he said that !

Suppose they have come a long way since the Iceland match !

4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Tunisia, Panama and Sweden - I can see why he said that !

Suppose they have come a long way since the Iceland match !

Along with his managerial CV :rofl:

Sandy Clark
1 hour ago, LesJambes said:

Maybe I'm reading too much into this

You've made a few comments since England crashed out and to try help your understanding of the delight surrounding ther exit I thought I would share my experience of tonight.

I decided to watch the tennis all day. Federer was ousted in a 5 set thriller then Nadal slugged it out with Del Potro in a 5 set epic. The match lasted 4 hours and 48 minutes according to bbc. Nadal comes off court shattered and victorious. He gets asked question about the match. He then gets asked a question about the semi final he will be in. He is then told its currently 1 1 in the England game and how does he see it going. 

Some great tears and snotters after the game.

Pickford - eh a fink we scored too early

Itv - we weren't expected to do well so we have won by overachieving

Bbc-lets cut our highlights package by 20 minutes 

It's not coming home

Maroon Sailor
6 minutes ago, Boof said:

Good odds on that scoreline...

Aye but don't forget Croatia will be knackered, running on empty, nothing left in the tank etc .....

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Aye but don't forget Croatia will be knackered, running on empty, nothing left in the tank etc .....

:rofl:

after Modrics interview I think a fiver is going on

After every tournament, I still don't know what is better when England get put out, the match or the pundits aftermath. Either way, it's glorious! 

With Mandzukic playing against us at Tynecastle for Dinamo Zagreb about 10 years ago, he's probably the first guy to play at Tynecastle and score the winner to knock England out a major tournament. Hero.

:pleasing:

21 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

How hard did Clive Tyldesley push that line ? Feckin embarrassing.

Anyways, a good night down the boozer with a load of mates who are not blinded by the current "success". Sterling is a car crash, Delle Ali contributed nowt and the poverty of the midfield was  a joke -  no Modric or Hazard. 

Big Slim Stylee
3 hours ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Utter utter bollocks 

You know that one about “we’re all Hearts fans”?  Some thick as shite knobs tbh ???

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Some people don't seem to grasp the concept: You have one winner, and everyone else is a loser.

There should be no hero's welcome for being a loser.

michael_bolton
6 hours ago, LesJambes said:

TBF I've never been to Argentina to see a game against Brazil, or to see Germany v Holland etc, maybe it's a similar feeling there. Anyway gg, whoever people were supporting.

Rivalry is not confined to the UK. I lived in Poland for years and whoever was playing Germany or Russia in tournament football always suddenly became very popular in Poland. Same thing.