• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Selkirkhmfc1874

that being the fee involved it's time for us to look elsewhere bcoz not only can we not afford that he isn't anywhere near a 600k players 

Saint Jambo
13 minutes ago, Elmore said:

Not written off. You can see why some fans don't think a guy who couldn't make the first team of a mid table championship side is an improvement on last season.  How come Steve Clark who has just had a really good season at Killie is seen as a one season wonder that doesn't deserve the benefit off the doubt yet, but a guy who couldn't get a regular game with Inverness does deserve it.  There's some logic flying around this place. 

The lack of logic you are complaining about is people treating a player who has just turned 22 and an experienced manager differently? The quality of posts on KB isn't always amazing but that is a really random complaint.

The starting price is always placed high. No doubt it will drop.

Edited by Deevers

2 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

The lack of logic you are complaining about is people treating a player who has just turned 22 and an experienced manager differently? The quality of posts on KB isn't always amazing but that is a really random complaint.

Its about who's afforded the benefit of the doubt and who isn't. 

2 minutes ago, Deevers said:

The starting price is always placed high. No doubt it will drop.

But for us to be able to afford him it will need to drop by at least half. Considering our finances, I don't think we'd be able to compete with the other clubs who are also interested. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire

I'd rather use the money to re-sign McLaughlin.

I'd like to see Milinkovic stay, but McLaughlin would be worth more points per season than he would, and so better value for money. 

I'm not advocating Hearts spend this on McLaughlin, just saying that if we have this level of funds available, it would be better spent securing him.

Genoa risking a player just running down his contract. He can just decline being sold or loaned elsewhere. Could we sign a pre contract in January?

Hearts won't be held to ransom.

Just now, gjcc said:

Genoa risking a player just running down his contract. He can just decline being sold or loaned elsewhere. Could we sign a pre contract in January?

Hearts won't be held to ransom.

He's not worth £600K and Hearts couldn't afford it anyway. 

3 hours ago, James1874f said:

Bye David thanks for your effort this season 

My thoughts too, the minute I saw the headline.

Never worth 600k so if we had the money which we don't we'd be off our heads to splash that kinda money. Skinny loves the club. Our best bet would be to monitor his contract then make a move when/If he becomes a free agent in the future

8 minutes ago, Marvin said:

But for us to be able to afford him it will need to drop by at least half. Considering our finances, I don't think we'd be able to compete with the other clubs who are also interested. 

Yes, but if he wants to come to us they may find that he refuses other suitors and sits it out till January when he can sign a  pre contract with us. I have a feeling that he might well come to us on a reduced fee or even on a season long loan.

I like Milinkovic but personally feel that the club shouldn't go near that sort of fee

Escobar PHM

Wouldn’t pay more than 200k for him and even then I’d want more out of him. Probably we’ll be moving in if the story is true.

Genoa are well within their rights to ask for a transfer fee for a decent young footballer.

lets be honest £600k for Milinkovic is well worth it, he's never had a lengthy spell at one club before. 

I'd like to see Hearts buy him and get the best out of him

10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

I like Milinkovic but personally feel that the club shouldn't go near that sort of fee

Don’t worry we won’t!! I don’t think we’d even go near a fee of half that  tbh.

rudi must stay
1 hour ago, cosanostra said:

Even if we had that to spend, i don't think he's worth that amount. 250-300k maybe.

I'd pay that. Bargain IMO

Edited by rudi must stay

19 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Yes, but if he wants to come to us they may find that he refuses other suitors and sits it out till January when he can sign a  pre contract with us. I have a feeling that he might well come to us on a reduced fee or even on a season long loan.

I'd like to see that. Him and Demi with all the new boys will give me alot more positivity for next season and it's still the beginning of June.

:sob:

I could see us paying half of that, but Genoa probably wouldn't shift that far. 

:(

Shooter McGavin

That’s a shame. Really like Milinkovic and he makes a massive difference to the team when he’s playing.

I’ve felt for a wee while that Levein deliberately talked down skinny’s performances and for this very reason. He wasn’t very skant in his praise for him at times and struck me as odd?

Leveins not daft and was looking for as cheap a deal for Hearts as possible.

cosanostra
11 minutes ago, droid said:

I’ve felt for a wee while that Levein deliberately talked down skinny’s performances and for this very reason. He wasn’t very skant in his praise for him at times and struck me as odd?

Leveins not daft and was looking for as cheap a deal for Hearts as possible.

Interesting post.

Hadn't really considered that.

30 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

I'd pay that. In today transfer market that's a bargain

Not in our market it's not.

I would like to see Milinkovic back next season but 600k is a bit much tbh. Hopefully we can get the figure down to nearer 350k. 

Fxxx the SPFL

We won't/can't pay that sort of money and it will be his agent that will be touting that other clubs are interested even if they aren't hopefully we get him but £200k max.

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, NANOJAMBO said:

He's not worth £600K and Hearts couldn't afford it anyway. 

As much as i like the boy this is the reality.

Obviously they're starting at the high end - kinda sorta agree with those that say a deal for £200k - £250k would be good business for us. He can actually put the ball in the net - a good quality to have in your kit bag.

Cruyff Turn

Not worth 600k (yet) 250,000 Euros maybe. 

If no, we'll just have to find another David Milinkovic elsewhere.5

No biggie. 

4 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

So often posters talk as if we are the only party involved in negotiating a deal with another club or player. (Why didn't we sign McLaughlin for longer being another classic example this season.) If Genoa think he is worth £600k now, they probably thought that a year ago too. He has been good but I wouldn't say has massively increased his value this year.

Do you think we should have had a suitable price of a couple of hundred thousand negotiated in Mitchell's loan deal as well?

Mitchell and Milinkovic are completely different situations, with David we clearly have a club that ha sent him out on loan with a view to putting him in the shop window. In this case, yes, I would expect us to agree upfront with the club what we think his value is. If he is a roaring success then we aren't trying to negotiate a price we can't afford. 

Wih Mitchell we are a vessel for giving hom competitive first team football as he is rated massively by his own club. 

So yes I am aware that there is more than one party in any loan agreement but you bash on with your self righteous rant that has no bearing on my initial point 

Thing is, if we can negotiate the price down and the club think it’s worth it while not hindering finance, it’s a good move.

I think in respect of quality it’s a good move.  

We can talk all day of other players being out there we can acquire but when you land a decent player I think you should fight to keep him.

Our recent track record hasn’t been the best in general, pre -Naismith, Berra etc...anyway.

Adam_the_legend
49 minutes ago, ElGee1973 said:

I would like to see Milinkovic back next season but 600k is a bit much tbh. Hopefully we can get the figure down to nearer 350k. 

Why, Hearts don’t have that much either. Our biggest player fees recently have been souttar and isma and they were less than £200k which was before we had a £15m stand to pay for. Zero chance we pay they kind of money for someone. 

Adam_the_legend
17 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Mitchell and Milinkovic are completely different situations, with David we clearly have a club that ha sent him out on loan with a view to putting him in the shop window. In this case, yes, I would expect us to agree upfront with the club what we think his value is. If he is a roaring success then we aren't trying to negotiate a price we can't afford. 

Wih Mitchell we are a vessel for giving hom competitive first team football as he is rated massively by his own club. 

So yes I am aware that there is more than one party in any loan agreement but you bash on with your self righteous rant that has no bearing on my initial point 

SJ has a point though, I see lots of people on here saying we should have done this, we should have done that but there’s 3 parties involved in the discussions, not just Hearts dictating terms. 

Dr Ian Malcolm

Genoa are at it and know fine well they won't get £600k for a player who isn't going to play for them and is in the last year of his contract.

Having said that, I'd be open to another loan but not sure I'd be overly keen if we have to pay a fee.

11 hours ago, redm said:

Ah. Might explain why Levein made a point of talking about our restricted budget around the same time as news of the £3m transfer from FOH. That’s one heck of an inflated price tag. 

I love Skinny and I’d love him to come back next season but suspect both he and Genoa know that £600k is way out of our price range. 

If they can get £600k it won't be from us.

Saint Jambo
25 minutes ago, Bozi said:

But if Genoa think he is worth £600k then why would they have signed a loan agreement with a set price at what WE think his value is? If their purpose is to get him in the shop window why would they agree a deal that gives us a free/cheap player for a year but gives them none of the upside benefit if he plays well and all of he downside risk if he doesn't?

You might expect Hearts to agree an upfront fee. Sometimes that will be possible, particularly where a club are hoping to get someone off the wage bill, but sometimes it won't if the other club don't want to play ball, particularly where they see a player as a sellable asset. At that point Hearts are faced with the choice of bringing in a player for the year on loan with no guarantee of transfer price at the end or not getting the player. So let me ask you, if Genoa refused a loan deal with a fixed price at a value we considered affordable, would you have preferred Hearts hadn't brought David in?

colinmaroon
5 hours ago, Herbert said:

Written off before he even kicks a ball. 

It's the kickback way!

9 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

But if Genoa think he is worth £600k then why would they have signed a loan agreement with a set price at what WE think his value is? If their purpose is to get him in the shop window why would they agree a deal that gives us a free/cheap player for a year but gives them none of the upside benefit if he plays well and all of he downside risk if he doesn't?

You might expect Hearts to agree an upfront fee. Sometimes that will be possible, particularly where a club are hoping to get someone off the wage bill, but sometimes it won't if the other club don't want to play ball, particularly where they see a player as a sellable asset. At that point Hearts are faced with the choice of bringing in a player for the year on loan with no guarantee of transfer price at the end or not getting the player. So let me ask you, if Genoa refused a loan deal with a fixed price at a value we considered affordable, would you have preferred Hearts hadn't brought David in?

When we brought in Rudi Skacel on loan it was with an agreed upfront fee, otherwise we would have been priced out of a move as high value would have skyrocketed. 

Let's say for arguments sake that Genoa valued David around 400k, we seem keen to extend it so they bump up the asking price in an attempt to squeeze more out of us. Same thing happened with Lee Miller, years ago and for this reason I would rather we had agreed an upfront agreed transfer fee as part of the loan agreement 

29 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

SJ has a point though, I see lots of people on here saying we should have done this, we should have done that but there’s 3 parties involved in the discussions, not just Hearts dictating terms. 

Any point he had was negated with the stupid comment about us putting a buy on clause in Mitchell's loan agreement, as it is completely different situations 

5 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Probably represents his market value to be honest. Just a shame 90% of the market isn’t available to Scottish clubs any more 

Yep I agree.

hes definitely worth that but sadly we don’t have that kind of money

1 hour ago, Mister Dee said:

I'm not sure we'd even stretch to 100k -pity, I like him. 

Possibly Hearts are waiting on a 1/2 Million offer for Sammon first. ?

Allowayjambo1874
18 minutes ago, Dr Ian Malcolm said:

Genoa are at it and know fine well they won't get £600k for a player who isn't going to play for them and is in the last year of his contract.

Having said that, I'd be open to another loan but not sure I'd be overly keen if we have to pay a fee.

Exactly, he has not kicked a ball in anger for Genoa since arrival 3 years ago and in that time he’s been on loan to second and third tier Italian clubs and suddenly he’s worth 600k? Aye right.

For a start who are these ‘other teams’ interested in him? He’s got a year on his contract and he will be nowhere near their first team so hearts just need to bide their time and see what happens. This is just a game of poker and half of kickback want to go all in at the first shout!! 

Incidentally people realise this would be like Partick asking about Sammon and us asking for 500k because there were ‘other teams interested’. 

Time to walk away, if he’s still sitting there near the end of transfer window they will be back, if not good luck to all concerned.

2 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Exactly, he has not kicked a ball in anger for Genoa since arrival 3 years ago and in that time he’s been on loan to second and third tier Italian clubs and suddenly he’s worth 600k? Aye right.

For a start who are these ‘other teams’ interested in him? He’s got a year on his contract and he will be nowhere near their first team so hearts just need to bide their time and see what happens. This is just a game of poker and half of kickback want to go all in at the first shout!! 

Incidentally people realise this would be like Partick asking about Sammon and us asking for 500k because there were ‘other teams interested’. 

Time to walk away, if he’s still sitting there near the end of transfer window they will be back, if not good luck to all concerned.

I wish you had posted this just after the op then we could all have just agreed.

Adam_the_legend
9 minutes ago, Bozi said:

When we brought in Rudi Skacel on loan it was with an agreed upfront fee, otherwise we would have been priced out of a move as high value would have skyrocketed. 

Let's say for arguments sake that Genoa valued David around 400k, we seem keen to extend it so they bump up the asking price in an attempt to squeeze more out of us. Same thing happened with Lee Miller, years ago and for this reason I would rather we had agreed an upfront agreed transfer fee as part of the loan agreement 

But if Genoa didn’t want to do that then there’s 2 options, take skinny on a year loan and see where things go after that or tell Genoa to bolt and move on to another target. Hardly Hearts fault if Genoa didn’t want to include a transfer fee. 

7 minutes ago, Bozi said:

Any point he had was negated with the stupid comment about us putting a buy on clause in Mitchell's loan agreement, as it is completely different situations 

It wasn’t stupid, more like a poor example. The original point was sound though. 

Saint Jambo
6 minutes ago, Bozi said:

The point I was making, admittedly by going to extremes, is that sometime clubs won't be willing to agree a fee up front at a price we like and can afford. I don't really think that Milinkovic's value has risen significantly in the last year. I also don't think we'd be willing to pay anything like £400k for him. You are criticising the club for not agreeing an upfront fee we could afford even though that might not have been possible.

So would you to a policy where we didn't bring in players on loan where we haven't been able to agree an upfront fee (with the exception of players like Mitchell who let's agree is a different case) accepting that this might sometimes mean turning down a player who would improve our squad? To be clear, I think that is a totally credible position to take. If you are going to criticise the club in this case I think that it is the only consistent position to take.

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

This. They could be bluffing, let’s see what their position is near the end of the window. 

5 hours ago, Herbert said:

Written off before he even kicks a ball. 

It’s the default setting for some. Professionals who played with or managed him say he’s decent but lost his way. JKB experts “Not good enough”

• redm changed the title to Fee agreed for Milinkovic?