Milinkovic signs for Hull ( updated )

Section Q

2 hours ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Not worth 600k (yet) 250,000 Euros maybe. 

If no, we'll just have to find another David Milinkovic elsewhere.5

No biggie. 

Plenty to choose from. Not sure if the play football though. 

IMG_6330.PNG

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sadj

• Selkirkhmfc1874

• Morgan

• Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Positive thinking, will any club pay 600k for him? Probably not, and Genoa won't want him to go for nothing so it's what hearts can offer or nothing much higher with skinny's emphasis on hearts if that makes a difference. Or another loan and they can offload his wages (or most of them whatever he's on) to us. 

I like him. He's a good player. But 600k would be a massive punt in my opinion. Half that and we can talk but 600k is the equivalent of 2 players on 5.5k a week. That kind of money can make a bigger impact than the one Milinkovic made. 

8 hours ago, Section Q said:

£200k and a sell on clause.....!

That's about as much as I'd think Hearts will pay, and rightly so.

And if Genoa think he is such a prospect, ( one that they don't want themselves), then a sell on clause would be a fair shout.

Personally hope he stays, but we are nowhere near being back in a position where we will be paying anything like 600k on a player.

Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Think it's a fair price in today's market to be honest. 

So do I we got money for Walker so buying Milinkovic doesn’t seem unreasonable.

Would rather we spent it on him then another Martin type signing. The 

1 minute ago, jonnothejambo said:

Doubt we will pay £200k for him.

Hope a price can be agreed as he is a decent player. 

I love watching Milinkovic. He could be a massive player for us in the next few seasons. I too hope a deal can be done.

Ibrahim Tall

£600,000 :laugh:

How much was it Groningen wanted for Zeefuik a few years ago? 3/400,000? Less than a year later he was on a free transfer.

Four faces

What nobody seems to have mentioned is Yes he loves the club but in the end what he asks for on wages might make all this irrelevant.

BackOfTheNet
54 minutes ago, Four faces said:

What nobody seems to have mentioned is Yes he loves the club but in the end what he asks for on wages might make all this irrelevant.

Good shout. Even if we negotiate Genoa down to half that figure and subsidise by selling off other players for smaller fees (I would guess Hamilton probably went for £40-60K) that might lessen the damage, when it comes to his wages he might want twice as much as we were paying him last season. Do we know if we covered his entire wages last year or just a portion? As that would certainly affect any decision when it comes to budgeting from one season to the next.

Adam_the_legend
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Doubt we will pay £200k for him.

Hope a price can be agreed as he is a decent player. 

Think that’s the max we could pay, whether we’d want to is down to CL. The fact is Genoa could lose him for nowt in a year so they might be open to 200k and getting off the wage bill IF no one else comes in for him.

id like to keep him but not for crazy money. 

Clerry Jambo
1 minute ago, Groatallar said:

I would imagine the most Hearts would want to/be able to pay would be about £100K. 

This

queensferryjambo

Never a £600K player.

I like him and would like him to continue with us but he was far too inconsistent and drifted out of games.

For £600K in Scottish football nowadays you would be looking to get a guy who would run riot in most games outside of against Celtic.

25 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

Never a £600K player.

I like him and would like him to continue with us but he was far too inconsistent and drifted out of games.

For £600K in Scottish football nowadays you would be looking to get a guy who would run riot in most games outside of against Celtic.

1 amazing season and we would get double that for him down South.  I don’t believe he’s worth a £600k gamble though and there’s absolutely no danger we will pay over £100k for him. Then there’s his wage we partly paid.

We’ve signed two wingers, which probably makes a fee unlikely. 

Saying that, I’d not be against a £200k punt later in the window. 

2 hours ago, Juanjo15 said:

1 amazing season and we would get double that for him down South.  I don’t believe he’s worth a £600k gamble though and there’s absolutely no danger we will pay over £100k for him. Then there’s his wage we partly paid.

I think '1 amazing season' is really stretching it. He had a few good performances but nothing amazing.

Sorry a few beers in me, I thought you were saying he just had an amazing season!!  I'll return to my box.

Edited by brux
Mistake

That will be that then. Thanks for the memories, Skinny. Especially your role the 4-0 filleting of Celtic.

2 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Never a £600K player.

To be fair if Jamie Walker was touted as a £1 million player than Skinny is easily a £600k one. We just can' afford that kind of fee.

Walter Bishop

The stats dont lie, with Milinkovic in the team Hearts were far better. He is a quality footballer, we should be doing everything we can to get him back for next season, at least.

22 minutes ago, brux said:

I think '1 amazing season' is really stretching it. He had a few good performances but nothing amazing.

Sorry a few beers in me, I thought you were saying he just had an amazing season!!  I'll return to my box.

No bother buddy ?

One thing about him is that you can tell teams we play against are wary of him when he gets on the ball.

Captain America

I like him but in current climate no chance we paying more than 150k for him unless we get big offer for one of our players.

If he strung a few games/performances together for Genoa like he did for us then he'd be worth a lot more than the £600k they're asking. It's not a lot of money for some clubs. No doubt his performance against Celtic will feature on any marketing videos his agent puts out. I think he's worth the money but not to us.

davemclaren

The reality is we won’t pay more than a token fee. However, I can’t see anyone else paying more than a token fee for him either. 

Stephen Muddie

Agree with Portbello Jsambo's post...

600k.. l;et's see.. pl;us wages... I estimate 750k invested in him in year one. Guessing wages of about 3k... for arguments sake.

A 750k investment in one year would get us three 5k per week bosmans of proven quality (ignoring sign on fees)

Looks like goodbye. 50% sad and 50% meh.

Stephen Muddie
1 hour ago, Section Q said:

Do players still get signing on fees....?

All players never got. Some players always have gotten. Many players will do, to conclude :detective:

JamboGraham

A talented but inconsistent player, never played a top flight game outside of Scotland and half of his entire career first team matches have been in the Italian 3rd tier...I take it the grown up staff at Genoa are on holiday just now and the office junior provided this figure.

I am even more surprised by the number of comments on here agreeing it is a decent price and some even saying we should go for it. Playing too much FIFA and being across the border from England appears to have diluted reality.

£600k, plus say a 3 year deal at £3k a week (not unreasonable for a £600k player) is just shy of £1.2m for the entire period (before bonuses).

He scored 6 goals and provided 5 assists last season - and didn't start a hell of a lot of games, so that's 11 goals we'd have foregone if he wasn't there. I'd say that makes him one of our most influential players - he's young and could develop, he's got a price and it's probably £200k.

18 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Exactly, he has not kicked a ball in anger for Genoa since arrival 3 years ago and in that time he’s been on loan to second and third tier Italian clubs and suddenly he’s worth 600k? Aye right.

For a start who are these ‘other teams’ interested in him? He’s got a year on his contract and he will be nowhere near their first team so hearts just need to bide their time and see what happens. This is just a game of poker and half of kickback want to go all in at the first shout!! 

Incidentally people realise this would be like Partick asking about Sammon and us asking for 500k because there were ‘other teams interested’. 

Time to walk away, if he’s still sitting there near the end of transfer window they will be back, if not good luck to all concerned.

Thank **** someone gets it.

gashauskis9
19 minutes ago, pablo said:

Thank **** someone gets it.

To be fair, most of us do.  Kickback consensus often falls short of reality.

Maybe if they could give us DM plus some Euros in exchange for Martin and Sammon, sorry just a drink fuelled dream. Seriously I think maybe 300k would be our limit (much as I like DM and the way he plays), also we are not really bringing in money for any of our players out-going to fund any deals. I do not though think he will be in that great demand, and hope CL can get a deal done, if not, we cannot be held to ransom and move on.

Escobar PHM

If we've got 600k available I'd rather see it used on 2-3 players than just the one. For example you'd get Scott Allen for 250k at the most and you'd probably get Cadden for the rest.

We don't have 600k though. I'd be surprised if we spent any kind of fee this summer unless we sell someone.

Genoa need to lower their value or they will be left with a player seeing out the final year on his contract.

600k for a player in the final year of his contract at our level is a joke.

I hope some kind of compromise can be reached as he is good for our team.

13 minutes ago, Escobar PHM said:

If we've got 600k available I'd rather see it used on 2-3 players than just the one. For example you'd get Scott Allen for 250k at the most and you'd probably get Cadden for the rest.

We don't have 600k though. I'd be surprised if we spent any kind of fee this summer unless we sell someone.

When you look at it like this it emphasises what a joke that valuation is from our point of view.

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

David Milinkovic is out of contract is he not? 

Has he signed a new deal at Genoa? 

Nope,was always contracted to 2019

Bazzas right boot

£600k for a player who hasn't and won't play for them and who they want to punt. 

Genoa playing a game of poker and not playing it well, going all in on a 10/ queen off suit. 

We'll just need to wait a bit, let Milinkovic go in the huff, call their bluff later and get him for a wee £150-£200k.

Alva-Jambo

They'll know we can't find the £600K for him ,  but, they are telling the  "market"  of all clubs in Europe,  here is a player of ours out on loan,  we are sure he's worth £600K pounds,

if you can bid £600K before Hearts, he can be yours.     I doubt he will be with us still in a month or so.

21 hours ago, Back to 2005 said:

Think it's a fair price in today's market to be honest. 

It is, if he had come through at Hearts and someone was looking to buy him, we'd have people on here saying they want close to a million for him.

He's a good player and young.

It's all about what you can afford though and we are not in the market at that kind of price. If someone was buying one of our better players it would likely be an English club, they operate in a different market from us.

We can't throw that kind of money about, I wouldn't expect us to stretch beyond 250-300k, if that, whether he is worth it or not

He certainly likes wearing his hearts top back home if his Instagram stories are anything to go by. ?

Graham Thomson
19 hours ago, queensferryjambo said:

Never a £600K player.

This ? 

A 600k player would have to be the man you build a team around at this level, he is not worth that price, deal wont be happening unless a massive drop in money.

maroonnicky63

A good player but that's it, he is worth no where near this,I would say 150/200k at the most and I would like him to stay

• redm changed the title to Fee agreed for Milinkovic?