Hybrid Pitch

kila

2 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

I’m no Alan Titchmarsh but I would say any green-keeper / groundsman / gardener on the planet would say the weather absolutely has an impact on how grass grows, especially in winter.  Whether the weather was as good or bad last year is neither here nor there.

Not saying its the only factor for one second but weather conditions seem like a fairly significant contributing factor and I’m sure most people would agree. You surely cant deny that?

Firstly the weather has not been exceptional this winter. The weather in Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle has been no better than Edinburgh but their hybrid pitches are like carpets.

Secondly the weather was pretty similar last year however the pitch was in far better condition then.

In any event a well maintained hybrid pitch with ‘state of the art’ computer controlled heating and drainage is meant to offer an excellent playing surface through the winter.

Also other premier pitches have suffered the same weather as ours however their pitches are not in the horrendous state ours is.

Something has gone seriously wrong with our pitch and I do not believe it is down to weather.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Disco Dave said:

As per my other posts in this thread - The weather/lack of sunlight.

As a reason it does not stack up!

Looking at the pitch before the game I thought it looked a lot better, but it seemed to cut up more than a lot of other pitches which was strange as the weather has been not too bad for this time of year. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Firstly the weather has not been exceptional this winter. The weather in Manchester, Liverpool, Newcastle has been no better than Edinburgh but their hybrid pitches are like carpets.

Secondly the weather was pretty similar last year however the pitch was in far better condition then.

In any event a well maintained hybrid pitch with ‘state of the art’ computer controlled heating and drainage is meant to offer an excellent playing surface through the winter.

Also other premier pitches have suffered the same weather as ours however their pitches are not in the horrendous state ours is.

Something has gone seriously wrong with our pitch and I do not believe it is down to weather.

With you entirely on this one Cruiky.

Very disappointing how pitch has deteriorated.

It will improve, (hellish slow improvememt IMO) but should mever got as bad in the first place.

Some of the apologists on here, just seem to accept incompetence.

The fact that no reason has been given points to it being purely incompetence.

Seymour M Hersh
39 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

With you entirely on this one Cruiky.

Very disappointing how pitch has deteriorated.

It will improve, (hellish slow improvememt IMO) but should mever got as bad in the first place.

Some of the apologists on here, just seem to accept incompetence.

The fact that no reason has been given points to it being purely incompetence.

Drivel.

Can you say with 100% certainty the state of the pitch is down to incompetence by the clubs employees?

Can tell us with 100% accuracy what has been the cause of the poor state of the pitch?

I'm guessing no to both questions btw. 

18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Drivel.

Can you say with 100% certainty the state of the pitch is down to incompetence by the clubs employees?

Can tell us with 100% accuracy what has been the cause of the poor state of the pitch?

The Club will know though....🤔

Seymour M Hersh
3 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The Club will know though....🤔

The club aren't posting on this thread though are they Sherlock. 

21 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

The club aren't posting on this thread though are they Sherlock. 

what a pointless response.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

As I say, apologists.

Don't dare criticize the club.

If it wasn't down to the club they would be letting us know the cause.

Many have reached that conclusion.

Governor Tarkin

See when Herr Gruppenfuherer has us ruthlessly tucking sides away all over the shop, nobody will give a **** about our shmybrid tattie field.

:jj:

Bazzas right boot
24 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

See when Herr Gruppenfuherer has us ruthlessly tucking sides away all over the shop, nobody will give a **** about our shmybrid tattie field.

Yip, when teams are getting blitzkrieged left, right and centre no one will give a ****. 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip, when teams are getting blitzkrieged left, right and centre no one will give a ****. 

I'm glad you're on the happy train, Tosh,  but there's no need for the war references.

This isn't the place for casual racism and sweeping generalisations. 

:seething:

6 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

:lol:

Let's hope  maintaining our tattie field is our "auld grumpies" only thing to moan about.

signed

Grumpy Broon

Edited by Tommy Brown

pettigrewsstylist

Lennon will not be bullied. He will demand answers....... after dropping points 😂

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

On 19/01/2020 at 18:16, Seymour M Hersh said:

Drivel.

I can say that our new £1,000,000 pitch looks like the pitch’s at Balgreen. Do the drains work efficiently, is the materials like sand, aggregate, soil, turf ect up to the quality needed for a Premier League team. Have Hearts got any sort of guarantee, a warranty, and a contractor inspection service. Who monitor and report to Ann Budge on the standard of the pitch. 
So many questions that the FOH board should be asking.

On 20/01/2020 at 00:20, Smith's right boot said:

6 hours ago, farin said:

DB7040D0-3155-45B2-AC61-60CFFB8E1B57.thumb.jpeg.c1a39917201352dcfbc09bd2125d5815.jpeg

Slowly but surely improving every week now. 

Defo improving hopefully the mild weather this week will help. Looks like the floodlighting needs fixed too. So many dead lamps on that pylon lol. 

On 19/01/2020 at 18:16, Seymour M Hersh said:

Drivel.

How many time it was all down to that concert held in August it ruined the pitch and it’s been playing catch up ever since.

John Gentleman
7 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Defo improving hopefully the mild weather this week will help. Looks like the floodlighting needs fixed too. So many dead lamps on that pylon lol. 

Keeps the leccy bill down I suppose.

I guess the nearest comparison would be Celtic Park, no? They've got the same hybrid pitch as ours? If Darkheid's OK then it's down to us - either going back to the 'foundation' works or how we've been maintaining it since. Or even, perhaps, Tynie's sides are so steep it gets sod all sun in the middle of winter (though I thought that was the reason we've got UV lights).

A hybrid pitch shouldn't look as bad as ours, even in midwinter.

pettigrewsstylist
47 minutes ago, John Gentleman said:

I guess the nearest comparison would be Celtic Park, no? They've got the same hybrid pitch as ours? If Darkheid's OK then it's down to us - either going back to the 'foundation' works or how we've been maintaining it since. Or even, perhaps, Tynie's sides are so steep it gets sod all sun in the middle of winter (though I thought that was the reason we've got UV lights).

Do we need a massive sunbed installed? 

3 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Replacing them with the new style LED lighting (like Celtic Park) should be on FoH future infrastructure improvements. Would bring cost savings too.

5 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Replacing them with the new style LED lighting (like Celtic Park) should be on FoH future infrastructure improvements. Would bring cost savings too.

Think of all the things we could do when Aunty Anne is paid back. Time to up my subscription I think. 

4 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Agreed. A costly improvement however the modern energy efficient LED systems pay for themselves and last a hell of a lot longer.

On 19/01/2020 at 16:06, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Grasses stop growing when the temp falls below 6degrees. Few people will need to cut their grass in winter. Even so called winter grass varieties have poor germination rates at this time of year.

I've no doubt ground compaction after the concert was a factor but even that wouldn’t explain the poor nature of the pitch. Recovery in the bare areas has been not great and it’s noticeable the heavy watering before games has been reduced.

Something is fundamentally wrong     with the pitch. I speak as a PhD botanist with 35 years in plant growth studies.

John Gentleman
33 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Agreed. A costly improvement however the modern energy efficient LED systems pay for themselves and last a hell of a lot longer.

Is there a way of finding out if it's already on the capital expenditure list? Sure, it would certainly cost a bit up-front but the payback (return on investment) would almost be immediate. Come to think of it, every light in and around Tynie should be LED. Here in Oz, I don't think we can even buy incandescent bulbs any longer. Totally absent from stores' shelves. 

Edited by John Gentleman

44 minutes ago, Prof said:

Grasses stop growing when the temp falls below 6degrees. Few people will need to cut their grass in winter. Even so called winter grass varieties have poor germination rates at this time of year.

I've no doubt ground compaction after the concert was a factor but even that wouldn’t explain the poor nature of the pitch. Recovery in the bare areas has been not great and it’s noticeable the heavy watering before games has been reduced.

Something is fundamentally wrong     with the pitch. I speak as a PhD botanist with 35 years in plant growth studies.

Do you mean that something us wring with the grass or the structures supporting it, or both?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/heat-lights-preserve-cardiff-city-1797847.amp

Cost Cardiff £400k back in 2011 to purchase lights to support their new pitch.

Edit, article was Nov 2011 but updated Mar 2013.

Have we set aside sufficient ongoing budget to support the capital investment?

Edited by DETTY29

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Celtic budgeted £4m for lighting and sound system improvements.

Thier disco lights cost over £2m apparently. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Do we need a massive sunbed installed? 

Jimmy Calderwood going to be dof? 

2 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

Is there a way of finding out if it's already on the capital expenditure list? Sure, it would certainly cost a bit up-front but the payback (return on investment) would almost be immediate. Come to think of it, every light in and around Tynie should be LED. Here in Oz, I don't think we can even buy incandescent bulbs any longer. Totally absent from stores' shelves. 

I'm sure my local Drysalter shop has them in stock 😀

3 hours ago, Prof said:

What do you make of the Clubs (alleged) failure to carry out recommended maintenance work on the hybrid pitch as reported on here?

48 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

What do you make of the Clubs (alleged) failure to carry out recommended maintenance work on the hybrid pitch as reported on here?

Alleged and reported by you to be fair.

8 hours ago, John Gentleman said:

Let's not pretend that Celtic haven't had problems with their pitch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46948286

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scott-brown-slams-celtic-park-14036554

Adam_the_legend
6 minutes ago, graygo said:

At least it was being discussed. Have Hearts at any point come out and explained or updated on the state of the most monitored pitch in the country???

3 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

At least it was being discussed. Have Hearts at any point come out and explained or updated on the state of the most monitored pitch in the country???

No they haven't, probably don't feel the need as Cruiky has done it to death on here.  ;) 

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Wrong again. Check the thread - the alleged failure to carry out proper maintenance was raised by another poster.

52 minutes ago, Adam_the_legend said:

The answer is a big fat NO.

49 minutes ago, graygo said:

No they haven't, probably don't feel the need as Cruiky has done it to death on here.  ;) 

Trolling again tut! tut!

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/heat-lights-preserve-cardiff-city-1797847.amp

Cost Cardiff £400k back in 2011 to purchase lights to support their new pitch.

Edit, article was Nov 2011 but updated Mar 2013.

Have we set aside sufficient ongoing budget to support the capital investment?

That's peanuts compared with the £22 million + for our stand.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

wasn't Cruiky to be fair. he is only highlighting anomolies in the excuses.

1. wasn't scarified after last match 4/5. 1st match was 12/7, concert in August.

2. Concert in August, pitch was fine up to Nov, areas of the pitch are worst where the concert wasn't.

3. AB explained it at AGM, no she didn't. No oppenents have complained. why would they, they all got results

Too much bull reported as fact and too many accept it without thinking.

2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

If that’s the case it’s deplorable.
I have supervised the planting of many large lawns and Frankly if I was involved in the pitch at Tynecastle I would be ashamed. Come summer it will of course recover but the huge worry is the money the club spent on the pitch appears to have been wasted.

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Prof said:

If that’s the case it’s deplorable.
I have supervised the planting of many large lawns and Frankly if I was involved in the pitch at Tynecastle I would be ashamed. Come summer it will of course recover but the huge worry is the money the club spent on the pitch appears to have been wasted.

well it’s not been wasted, it can be fixed in the summer.. 

hopefully no more concerts blocking maintenance..

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Wrong again. Check the thread - the alleged failure to carry out proper maintenance was raised by another poster.

Any actual evidence to support his claim? Thought not. 

Seymour M Hersh
11 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

How many time it was all down to that concert held in August it ruined the pitch and it’s been playing catch up ever since.

That's gibberish. Any possibility of getting it translated into English? 

From the pictures posted earlier it is quite obvious that the pitch only deteriorated after the womens games were played on it. 

I'll leave you all to make your own conclusions from that. 

😕

36 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Any actual evidence to support his claim? Thought not. 

I have stated “ALLEGED” on my responses. Maybe you should ask the poster for evidence, however videos and information was available on the maintenance of Hybrid pitches I believe.

On 13/01/2020 at 18:32, Jambof3tornado said:

Its not removing cores mate. Its removing the top surface.

Example of Maintenance info previously posted by another poster.

Edited by Thomaso