kila

Hybrid Pitch

Graham Thomson

I was in Tynecastle tonight, the pitch is healing just fine, absolutely no problem.

Portable Badger
5 minutes ago, Graham Thomson said:

I was in Tynecastle tonight, the pitch is healing just fine, absolutely no problem.

Graham

you know the rules.           You can't state things like that without pictures !!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Whether you’re outraged by this or not, it shouldn’t have happened. Very tinpot

Bridge of Djoum
On 10/08/2019 at 12:59, Des Lynam said:

I think someone needs to tell Ann it’s a football club she owns. 

I think someone needs to tell you it’s Hearts you support...

Allegedly. 

farin
1 hour ago, Portable Badger said:

Graham

you know the rules.           You can't state things like that without pictures !!!

75259FC3-E140-43C4-B538-79075D3A6136.jpeg.418520bd30e37cef3333e45cadcd68fe.jpeg

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Whether you’re outraged by this or not, it shouldn’t have happened. Very tinpot

So the official opening of the Edinburgh International Festival, one of the world's great festivals, and the prestige that entails, is tinpot? Ok then. 

Also, without the revenue that that and other non-footballing events brings into the club, we may not have been signing anyone this week.

I suppose in your world the grass is always greener........or perhaps not.

sam?

I wonder how murrayfield seems to cope with much larger concerts and allegedly the same surface ? 

johnking123

Think we did it to soon. The grass is only a year old and we should have left the grass longer in length before doing it. 

Kiwidoug
8 hours ago, Graham Thomson said:

Scarf above the heid?

Justin Z
39 minutes ago, sam? said:

I wonder how murrayfield seems to cope with much larger concerts and allegedly the same surface ? 

Maybe quite similarly. After all, there are far fewer matches played there than at Tynecastle--it just may never have created a conflict so close to a game.

ramrod
8 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Why is that?? Has half the pitch suddenly transformed itself back to a lovely grass covered surface from a cut up dirt pitch in a matter of a few days?? 🤔

For a start it wasn't cut up and secondly it looks like it's going to be back to perfection for the  next home game . 

So for ONE game the pitch looked bad but played ok . All that hyperbole from some clowns , Hearts fans of otherwise made for hilarious reading tbh . 

Des Lynam
16 minutes ago, ramrod said:

For a start it wasn't cut up and secondly it looks like it's going to be back to perfection for the  next home game . 

So for ONE game the pitch looked bad but played ok . All that hyperbole from some clowns , Hearts fans of otherwise made for hilarious reading tbh . 

Folk are frustrated with the way things are going. Yes the outrage may have been over the top. 

But the pitch shouldn’t have looked like that for the first game of the season. 

Anyway we are where we are. 

the Hearts way
6 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

So the official opening of the Edinburgh International Festival, one of the world's great festivals, and the prestige that entails, is tinpot? Ok then. 

Also, without the revenue that that and other non-footballing events brings into the club, we may not have been signing anyone this week.

Well half it's certainly greener !

Cruickshank for Scotland
35 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Nothing funny about it! Were you at the Ross Co game or see it on TV??? The pitch was a disgrace END OF!

As for going back to perfection - let’s wait and see!

The Treasurer
19 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

Folk are frustrated with the way things are going. Yes the outrage may have been over the top. 

But the pitch shouldn’t have looked like that for the first game of the season. 

Anyway we are where we are. 

Did the pitch affect the game or the football played on it (or what little there was) ?

The answer is no.

So in order to earn the wages of one of our new players for a year we had to play one game with the grass looking not very nice.

The Treasurer
4 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nothing funny about it! Were you at the Ross Co game or see it on TV??? The pitch was a disgrace END OF!

A disgrace ??

It looked a wee bit discoloured in patches.

Our old pitch was a disgrace, Fir Park's old pitch was a disgrace, ER's is a disgrace.

The surface was fine just it's appearance didn't look great. It will be back at it's best for the next home game and the club are £100k + better off.

Cut The Crap

Is the 100k figure documented somewhere?

Perth to Paisley

Levein on Saturday said there was no rental fee.

Pans Jambo
16 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Levein on Saturday said there was no rental fee.

Did Ann Budge not say Tynecastle was offered to the festival organisers FOC as long as they picked up the catering and security costs etc. 

I would imagine we would have charged for electricity usage & sold drinks etc. So Hearts would have made a small amount of money at least. 

frodoker

Whilst undoubtedly the pitch looked crap it played ok. I would imagine the plan was always to try this kind of event at Tynie and lessons will be learned. I doubt we envisaged holding a 150 piece orchestra (I think) so soon but if you look at the pictures its where the stage was and not where the seating was that's the problem. Im sure if any further events are held they will have a better understanding of what needs to be done to stop this happening, for instance I would imagine a boxing ring or smaller stage for bands could be erected far quicker so presumably not cause damage. Anyway we were crap on Saturday and absolutely nothing to do with the pitch.

I.T.K
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Did Ann Budge not say Tynecastle was offered to the festival organisers FOC as long as they picked up the catering and security costs etc. 

I would imagine we would have charged for electricity usage & sold drinks etc. So Hearts would have made a small amount of money at least. 

I also think it was seen as a 'loss leader' to show off Tynecastle can hold large events in the future.  

Justin Z
1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You really need to calm down. You weren't ranting like this when the pitch under Cathro looked like a mud bog--far, far worse.

Seriously, go have a piña colada or something.

Victorian

We made £87,526    

McCrae
8 hours ago, farin said:

75259FC3-E140-43C4-B538-79075D3A6136.jpeg.418520bd30e37cef3333e45cadcd68fe.jpeg

Any pictures of the corner where there was no grass?

Edited by McCrae

Paris 84
16 minutes ago, McCrae said:

7919B6F7-BAA2-4242-99E1-6D19507C5575.thumb.jpeg.b9a46304d5c3cc14671db210d0fbe3fa.jpeg

Is that from Saturday though? I can’t imagine we’d have stewards every twenty  yards at last nights game. 

heartsfc_fan
5 minutes ago, Paris 84 said:

Is that from Saturday though? I can’t imagine we’d have stewards every twenty  yards at last nights game. 

They didn't play at Tynecastle last night.

kingantti1874

Hearts fans desperate for the pitch to be “destroyed” simply so they are proven correct. 

pitch looked shite on Saturday but will be perfect by next home game, £1m pitch back to looking like £1m pitch..

drama over

gowestjambo
8 hours ago, Coburg Hearts said:

I am sure I read somewhere we received no money for the Edinburgh Festival event....

EIEIO
2 minutes ago, gowestjambo said:

I am sure I read somewhere we received no money for the Edinburgh Festival event....

Did you also hear we made no money from the sold out hospitality at the event?.

gowestjambo
1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Did you also hear we made no money from the sold out hospitality at the event?.

I posted what I heard. I think it was from an article in the Evening News. I did not offer an opinion on the matter either for or against.

Go and find someone else to argue with.

EIEIO
1 minute ago, gowestjambo said:

I posted what I heard. I think it was from an article in the Evening News. I did not offer an opinion on the matter either for or against.

Go and find someone else to argue with.

Not looking for an argument , this fact ha s been posted many times already on this thread usually by anti Hearts bams. If you don't align yourself with them , fine.

kingantti1874

We didn’t charge a fee to host the event,  we did however make money through hospitality sales.

Haringshairband

Are folk still seething about this. So a mistake was made prior to the first game of the season. We will learn from it. Move on ffs!! 

upgotheheads
2 hours ago, ramrod said:

Next home game is 31st, I bet when we look at the pitch we won't be able to tell that it was used for the concert.

gjcc
7 minutes ago, Haringshairband said:

Are folk still seething about this. So a mistake was made prior to the first game of the season. We will learn from it. Move on ffs!! 

We've already booked to host the Plough World Championships in October though. 

Cruickshank for Scotland
5 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

A disgrace ??

It looked a wee bit discoloured in patches.

Our old pitch was a disgrace, Fir Park's old pitch was a disgrace, ER's is a disgrace.

The surface was fine just it's appearance didn't look great. It will be back at it's best for the next home game and the club are £100k + better off.

Where was it confirmed we made £100k + when hosting the concert???

Edited by Cruickshank for Scotland

Cruickshank for Scotland
2 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

Next home game is 31st, I bet when we look at the pitch we won't be able to tell that it was used for the concert.

Let’s re-visit that after the next home game

Cruickshank for Scotland
4 hours ago, Justin Z said:

You really need to calm down. You weren't ranting like this when the pitch under Cathro looked like a mud bog--far, far worse.

I was actually.

McCrae
3 hours ago, Paris 84 said:

Yes that was from Saturday.

Justin Z
11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I was actually.

Not the last time I'll be wrong. :lol: But only half in this case. You still need to calm down. :thumbsup:

I.T.K
7 hours ago, sam? said:

Good question. I think the big concerts are built up and taken down within 48 hours as the tour moves to the next venue.

Does anyone know how long the staging at Tynecastle stayed up for in total. 

3_cups
7 hours ago, sam? said:

I've done the tour at Murrayfield and they do a small part on the hybrid pitch, they explained they actually kill off the grass each summer and grow new grass for the next season.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC
5 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We didn’t charge a fee to host the event,  we did however make money through hospitality sales.

Its amazing how many on here haven't been able to grasp that.

XB52
7 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

absolute rubbish. The pitch played perfectly fine, end of story

gowestjambo
5 hours ago, EIEIO said:

Not looking for an argument , this fact ha s been posted many times already on this thread usually by anti Hearts bams. If you don't align yourself with them , fine.

Gee thanks pal.....

However, since I see you are in my home town I will let off on this occasion....

Scnorthedinburgh
1 hour ago, I.T.K said:

Good question. I think the big concerts are built up and taken down within 48 hours as the tour moves to the next venue.

Does anyone know how long the staging at Tynecastle stayed up for in total. 

Stage Crewe were still in Gorgie on Sunday.

Can't confirm how much of stage still had to come down, but they were still working as it was hard hard and boots all round.

kingantti1874
31 minutes ago, Steve_Jersey_HMFC said:

Its amazing how many on here haven't been able to grasp that.

they don’t want to grasp it, doesn’t fit the agenda

I.T.K
5 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Can't confirm how much of stage still had to come down, but they were still working as it was hard hard and boots all round.

I guess the panels protecting the pitch were the last things to be removed. 

For next time the contract should state that the pitch should be cleared within 12 to 16 hours of event finishing. This would mean the riggers are  working night shift to clear the pitch. 

Hungry hippo
15 minutes ago, Scnorthedinburgh said:

Hard hard and boots is one of the kinkiest films you'll ever see.