Craig Levein: A Psychological Explanation

shaun.lawson

shaun.lawson
56 minutes ago, New York Fleapit said:

What a pile of shit.

With his record against Hibs and his Natural Order comment, Levein is happy for them to lord it over us?

At least try pretend you're on the wind-up.

That comment about the 2012 final was indeed a pile of shit. But the problem is: with Levein at the helm, I doubt we'd have got past Celtic first. 

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shaun.lawson

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

That comment about the 2012 final was indeed a pile of shit. But the problem is: with Levein at the helm, I doubt we'd have got past Celtic first. 

Why? From where I was standing that day at Hampden, we showed the same sort of bottle and spirit that Levein got from his teams in the early 2000s, such as the 4-2 and 4-4.

shaun.lawson
Just now, Bez said:

Why? From where I was standing that day at Hampden, we showed the same sort of bottle and spirit that Levein got from his teams in the early 2000s, such as the 4-2 and 4-4.

Essentially because there's no evidence in his record of being able to beat the OF when it matters. Paulo, by contrast, had already beaten both Celtic and Rangers (the latter, away) even before the semi-final. 

Lock me up in Edinburgh Castle for saying this, but despite my holding JJ in such high esteem, I've always doubted we'd have knocked Celtic out under him too. In the end, it worked out perfectly: he built the squad up, Sergio gave it that something extra necessary for silverware. 

But it's all entirely hypothetical anyway. 

16 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Personally speaking I'd be more than happy if the final sentence of your above post came to fruition (depending of course on what you mean by rams it up you, I'm guessing no sexual connotation was intended or should be taken). However, if I'm honest, I'm not sure he will. I've accepted over the last few months that many believe he has to be given this window to correct things, the problem is if he doesn't what then happens. I'm aware that a few months back Ann Budge refused to be drawn on a question submitted by a member of the press, I believe, about the position of Director of Football going forward. I would think he will be given a little time to see what he can bring in during this coming transfer window, but if it doesn't work out I can then see no reason why he should be placed back in the sole role of DoF, instead I think a parting of the ways would be best for both parties. However, I go back to your final comment in your post, and my initial response, I, in fact I suspect no HMFC fan, will be disappointed if he succeeds, I'm just not sure he will.

If he doesn't, he should be out on his arse. Budge won't hesitate to make the decision despite having a good working relationship with Levein. 

17 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

From Opta: 

Pattern of play for Goals/Attempts

Set Piece goals/attempts are those where the ball starts from a dead ball situation such as a corner, a free kick, a penalty or a Throw-in and results in a shot before the phase of play has broken down into open play.

The exact point at which it becomes open play is usually clear but set pieces which are cleared and then the ball is put straight back into the penalty area are still deemed to be part of the set piece as the defending team is still positioned to deal with the set play.

Hope so. Would take him back happily. Top man is Robbie, excellent manager for us too.

It is not a 'character assassination'. I am not running a 'campaign' against him. You seem to have a real problem with someone holding a very different view to you on a football messageboard. Why are you so precious? 

Oh, and by the way: I hope he "rams it up the lot of us" too. I want Hearts to be successful. One of the most grotesque things we often see is when fans who criticise the manager or (as in the past) the owner, or even want them out, are accused of somehow not being fans. It's a disgrace.

Hearts are a big club with a big fanbase and many fans will see things very differently to you. Deal with it.

Get over yourself. 

8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Essentially because there's no evidence in his record of being able to beat the OF when it matters. Paulo, by contrast, had already beaten both Celtic and Rangers (the latter, away) even before the semi-final. 

Lock me up in Edinburgh Castle for saying this, but despite my holding JJ in such high esteem, I've always doubted we'd have knocked Celtic out under him too. In the end, it worked out perfectly: he built the squad up, Sergio gave it that something extra necessary for silverware. 

But it's all entirely hypothetical anyway. 

This is like reliving history for lunatics. 

4 hours ago, Governor Tarkin said:

I've always suspected Mothy to be a Hibs **** TBF.

Yup absolutely what he is I heard theres even a hibs badge tattooed above his heart and he wears green slippers and only drinks Crabbies

2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

???WTF you talkin' 'bout? I never ever agreed with the sacking of Burley. I did try to interpret what Vlad was trying to do. I lost hope on that front the night I met Julia Goncaruk in Tiger Lily and realised that she was utterly paranoid about every Hearts fan's opinion of Vlad...Crazy hot, but mostly crazy that girl...

Crazy hot you say? Like Harley Quin crazy hot? Just my type... 

5 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

This is like reliving history for lunatics. 

???? its like someone went to the other place and said lets all have a holiday to kickback

Alex Kintner
2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Sure. I just think it's a pity, because you used to have plenty to say back in Romanov's time. But each to their own.  

Shaun, you do realise people can change? They get older, wiser and less inclined to knee jerk. Unlike yourself who, going by the comments on here, seem to be the same self-indulgent regurgitating drivel merchant you were ten years ago.

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Frank1874 said:

Shaun, you do realise people can change? They get older, wiser and less inclined to knee jerk. Unlike yourself who, going by the comments on here, seem to be the same self-indulgent regurgitating drivel merchant you were ten years ago.

:laugh:

Another satisfied customer. :sorcerer: 

2 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Ain't that the truth. Writes full dissertations on here expecting us to absorb it all, then when anyone disagrees with him he selects one or two sentences or phrases and (apparently wilfully) misinterprets them to try to score a point...I've been having flashbacks to 2006 today, reading Shaun's replies and having to restate my opinion again and again as he chooses to corrupt or ignore what I've already clearly said...Selective quotation is an old debating trick but damn it makes it boring...

...a bit disco
18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yup absolutely what he is I heard theres even a hibs badge tattooed above his heart and he wears green slippers and only drinks Crabbies

You should see what he's had tattooed on his wang.

J-O-S- apparently (It's all he could fit)..

Or so I've heard.

shaun.lawson
3 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Ain't that the truth. Writes full dissertations on here expecting us to absorb it all, then when anyone disagrees with him he selects one or two sentences or phrases and (apparently wilfully) misinterprets them to try to score a point...I've been having flashbacks to 2006 today, reading Shaun's replies and having to restate my opinion again and again as he chooses to corrupt or ignore what I've already clearly said...Selective quotation is an old debating trick but damn it makes it boring...

I've not been corrupting or ignoring anything. I'd love to hear a persuasive, convincing argument for why those of us who want Levein out are wrong. I haven't. That's not because I've ignored, haven't read or engaged with what you've said. I understand what you've said entirely. We just disagree. 

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

I've not been corrupting or ignoring anything. I'd love to hear a persuasive, convincing argument for why those of us who want Levein out are wrong. I haven't. That's not because I've ignored, haven't read or engaged with what you've said. I understand what you've said entirely. We just disagree. 

Because the Owner and CEO doesn't want him out.

It is really that simple

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, Spellczech said:

Because the Owner and CEO doesn't want him out.

It is really that simple

Indeed it is, but that won't stop the fans discussing whether they're right or not. Especially when this is a club which, before long, will be fan-owned. And that's football. 

Indeed it is, but that won't stop the fans discussing whether they're right or not. Especially when this is a club which, before long, will be fan-owned. And that's football. 

Sure. But self-aggrandising 2000 word theses which conclude that he is a psychologically damaged loser won't convince many of us to join the dissension... 

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

Sure. But self-aggrandising 2000 word theses which conclude that he is a psychologically damaged loser won't convince many of us to join the dissension... 

Not my intention. The intention was discussion. No post on an internet forum is ever that likely to convince anyone of anything - least of all when football is so emotional. 

Bridge of Djoum

Shaun, I assume your 4 year exile was due to you being in the Uruguayan version of the Royal Ed. hence your psychological evaluations upon your return to JKB.

Were there experiments done upon yourself and was there any probing?

Not my intention. The intention was discussion. No post on an internet forum is ever that likely to convince anyone of anything - least of all when football is so emotional. 

Yeah.  I'm just not sure it was smart to mock rather than adopt the tactics of the guy who used "his friend Ben" to front his nonsense?

4 hours ago, Bez said:

Take your pick. Generally the ones who post on the other forum as well as here, and especially the ones who bleat on about ‘Levein Out’.

Sorry to interrupt your ego massaging celebrity reboot tour of internetz land, Shaun, but something’s been bothering me. Didn’t you say the reason you left last time was because you were getting life-saving surgery?... on your piles?

You're obsessed with the other forum Mothy. You registered with it and were quickly told to **** off and you can't seem to let that go. Just chill.

29 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

You should see what he's had tattooed on his wang.

J-O-S- apparently (It's all he could fit)..

Or so I've heard.

I didnt want to bring that up but I had heard it was L-E-N-Ny cause they ran out of room to do the Y as a capital but sold it as being done with a bit of brazilian flair

...a bit disco
5 minutes ago, sadj said:

I didnt want to bring that up but I had heard it was L-E-N-Ny cause they ran out of room to do the Y as a capital but sold it as being done with a bit of brazilian flair

He's only copying me anyway.

With my JOHNNY, JOHNNY, JOHNNY, JOHNNY ROBERTSON tattoo.

:verysmug:

:look:

Edited by ...a bit disco
Grammatical OCD.

4 minutes ago, Beats said:

You're obsessed with the other forum Mothy. You registered with it and were quickly told to **** off and you can't seem to let that go. Just chill.

Tbf Beats there is what appears to many to have been a heavy influx of posters from there since it changed hands and not in a good debating way. We rarely see eye to eye but your again a poster who gets peoples respect and can debate even on your most (insert word for staunch here) opinions. Most that have interjected themselves back in to the world of JKB come across as belitting and ridiculing to this place and disrespectful the posters on it. We do a fairly good job of doing that amongst ourselves at times without their help ?

5 minutes ago, ...a bit disco said:

He's only copying me anyway.

With my JOHNNY, JOHNNY, JOHNNY, JOHNNY ROBERTSON tattoo.

:verysmug:

:look:

:notsure:

Hmmmmm!!!! Must be like Big Innes in Still Game when you go for a slash!!! 

Edited by sadj

...a bit disco
Just now, sadj said:

:notsure:

Hmmmmm!!!! 

:sweeet:

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, sadj said:

So the story goes mate.

Sounds legit.

40 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

The only reason you want him out is because your comrades on the other forum (the ones who ripped the piss out of you for years on here) want him out.

26 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tbf Beats there is what appears to many to have been a heavy influx of posters from there since it changed hands and not in a good debating way. We rarely see eye to eye but your again a poster who gets peoples respect and can debate even on your most (insert word for staunch here) opinions. Most that have interjected themselves back in to the world of JKB come across as belitting and ridiculing to this place and disrespectful the posters on it. We do a fairly good job of doing that amongst ourselves at times without their help ?

24 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

Would love to hear more about this. 

Pretty well covered above, Frank. ^

shaun.lawson
2 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

Shaun, I assume your 4 year exile was due to you being in the Uruguayan version of the Royal Ed. hence your psychological evaluations upon your return to JKB.

Were there experiments done upon yourself and was there any probing?

Rest assured that no-one in Uruguay has penetrated my inner circle. 

2 hours ago, Des Lynam said:

Does Shaun Lawson even exist? 

:wave1:

I'm not a boxing champion, I don't have a Bollywood wife, and no stupid Hibs fans will be launching themselves out of a parachute in my name.

2 hours ago, Beats said:

Apart from Shaun I don't know who has stopped posting and came back to Kickback? 

Me neither. I'm mystified. 

Big Slim Stylee
6 hours ago, Bez said:

No, they aren’t Hibs fans. They are however quite difficult to distinguish from Hibs fans at the ham, because the shit-stirring takes an almost identical form.

Sorry to hear about your farmer’s... if it’s any consolation, I get a pain in my arse after about the sixteenth paragraph of your posts too. :lol:

You’ve way more tolerance than me ? This place has a lot of faults but a saving grace for a while has been the lack of Mr. Look At Me spraffing all over every fecking thread.

22 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I'm not a boxing champion, I don't have a Bollywood wife, and no stupid Hibs fans will be launching themselves out of a parachute in my name.

If he had launched himself out of a parachute, that would have been even funnier.  As it was, he merely launched himself out of a plane!  :wink:

22 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

You’ve way more tolerance than me ? This place has a lot of faults but a saving grace for a while has been the lack of Mr. Look At Me spraffing all over every fecking thread.

I try man. I’m not a particularly nasty person. Always the sort to try and bury the hatchet... not always easy mind. :D

Big Slim Stylee
20 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

If he had launched himself out of a parachute, that would have been even funnier.  As it was, he merely launched himself out of a plane!  :wink:

?

36 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

?

Phil Dunphy
6 hours ago, New York Fleapit said:

What a pile of shit.

With his record against Hibs and his Natural Order comment, Levein is happy for them to lord it over us?

At least try pretend you're on the wind-up.

Yeah, we've got really good at doing our talking off the pitch now, eh?

Bridge of Djoum
21 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yeah, we've got really good at doing our talking off the pitch now, eh?

I mentioned his record ON the pitch, though.

Your comment was utter bollocks. 

2 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Rest assured that no-one in Uruguay has penetrated my inner circle. 

:lol: 

9 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Oh I see. Those Hearts fans who want Levein out aren't Hearts fans and should in fact be on hibs.net? Your arrogance is astounding. And your hypocrisy too, given how fast you turned against McGlynn and Locke and attacked anyone who didn't see things as you, the great oracle who must be obeyed, do. I recall you spending years attacking many who were against Romanov - you know, the man who almost killed Hearts stone dead - in similar terms too. Who do you think you are?

As for me: wrong again. I was away from here for a couple of weeks in late 2011 because of surgery for haemmorhoids. And that's it. My return after a four-year absence has clearly rattled you... for who knows what reason. 

Too much talking out your arse?

shaun.lawson
4 minutes ago, Morph said:

Too much talking out your arse?

Something like that. Ouch. 

i wish jj was my dad
9 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

:laugh: That made me chuckle.

However, what probably won't make you chuckle at all is that if you did a poll of Hibs fans, I imagine most of them want Levein to stay as long as is humanly possible.  

Quite the opposite in my experience. His record as a player and manager is rather impressive against the shite. Whatever our failings he certainly gets the players up for it against them.  I am not sure how many rodents you know in real life but for all their bluster they hate him for a reason.

18 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Quite the opposite in my experience. His record as a player and manager is rather impressive against the shite. Whatever our failings he certainly gets the players up for it against them.  I am not sure how many rodents you know in real life but for all their bluster they hate him for a reason.

Nailed it. Unfortunately it’s mainly a few of our weaker minded own supporters that can’t see it.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 hour ago, Bez said:

Nailed it. Unfortunately it’s mainly a few of our weaker minded own supporters that can’t see it.

"Gormless arseholes". "Weaker minded". You love the personal stuff, eh?

Shaun sure exists - he was put here by god to troll out the biggest kn**s in our support

There’s no defending CL after Sunday imo - the longer it goes on, the worst it will get.

In the meantime, it’s good to have someone puting ideas, instead of abuse, on JKB 

4 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

"Gormless arseholes". "Weaker minded". You love the personal stuff, eh?

Fly with the crows... in my book the folk who are being abusive towards Levein qualify as those things.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
5 minutes ago, Bez said:

Fly with the crows... in my book the folk who are being abusive towards Levein qualify as those things.

Bizarre way of looking at it. If someone calls say Alex McLeish a prick and I say quite like Alex McLeish, does that mean I can call that person a prick too?

Just now, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Bizarre way of looking at it. If someone calls say Alex McLeish a prick and I say quite like Alex McLeish, does that mean I can call that person a prick too?

If you like. You can do what you like tbh. Personally however, I reserve my right to express my opinions on those who are happy to abuse a Hearts legend and make innuendos about his character.

Geoff Kilpatrick

My son is studying Psychology for his VCE. I must get him to read this thread as part of his learning. :rolleyes:

• redm locked this topic