Craig Levein: A Psychological Explanation

shaun.lawson

1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

Which of course, is another reason why some people think I have AS or am a HFA! I mentioned it because I think he'll probably remember it: it was a fun discussion! 

Up here in a heffa is a cow ? everyone is somewhere on the spectrum i think more so now in a social media dominant world. Aspergers is very routine based and usually linked to transgendering aswell interestingly. 

Why have you never been tested.

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shaun.lawson

• Beast Boy

• sadj

• Alex Kintner

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

What was he doing? Well undoubtedly he was rebuilding the Academy and probably trying to get some sort of scouting structure established. We could not rely on 4 years of Gomis and Prince-type signings from Levein's past...

Does he share some blame for the signings of Neilson and Cathro - possibly, but that is now moot. I'm more interested in how he did in January in his own right and will do in the summer...

Hearts have an unbalanced squad, have done all season. We plugged some gaps in January but we pretty much still have a big hole in central midfield which we are shoring up with promising schoolboys...Levein perhaps learned from what Brown did to Cochrane at Parkhead, and avoided a possible repeat at Ibrox...Once again, just a competing narrative. Certainly not a conclusive explanation.

Fair post

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Up here in a heffa is a cow ? everyone is somewhere on the spectrum i think more so now in a social media dominant world. Aspergers is very routine based and usually linked to transgendering aswell interestingly. 

Why have you never been tested.

No need. What difference would it make either way? 

Alex Kintner
8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Which of course, is another reason why some people think I have AS or am a HFA! I mentioned it because I think he'll probably remember it: it was a fun discussion! 

AS or HFA?

3 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Did Rangers have Scott Brown playing for them on Sunday? If you're right, it's a rather strange execution of what he learnt, to put it mildly.

I thought you liked to take bits of info from history and join the dots?...Rangers have their own adult experienced pros to play against our schoolboys in an environment where they struggle to get booked. Surely we all know those little facts and patterns from history, least of all you?

shaun.lawson
11 minutes ago, Frank1874 said:

AS or HFA?

Asperger Syndrome or High Functioning Autism. 

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

People buy season tickets as a result of home form? Is that what he said?

15 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

We're certainly unbalanced though. Very unbalanced. For which he shares responsibility. If he'd just come into the club in August to clear up Cathro's mess, I'd be giving him the benefit of the doubt - but as he played a major part in Cathro's mess, I'm not.

That's your opinion, which I'd already gleaned. But I've also already stated my opinion on it which differs. I suggested that Levein was at fault only in so far as he provided too long a leash to his young managers. We could criticise Levein for allowing Cathro to start a major rebuild in January 17....I'm repeating myself. You need to start taking contrary opinions on board - it gets boring if you just repeat what you've already said, and I have to do the same.

13 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

No need. What difference would it make either way? 

Because you can understand it and utilise that to improve your lifestyle should you want to. 

shaun.lawson
9 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

I thought you liked to take bits of info from history and join the dots?...Rangers have their own adult experienced pros to play against our schoolboys in an environment where they struggle to get booked. Surely we all know those little facts and patterns from history, least of all you?

Well, no. Because if Craig Levein's approach was governed by history - "it's Rangers lads, man the barricades!" - that'd be a complete nonsense given their current state. And if his response to what Brown did to Cochrane was to panic for all future away games, that'd be a nonsense too.

To put it another way: searching for a reliable stream on Sunday, I ended up making a happily brief trip to Rangers Media. On there, posters were saying "I can't understand why we didn't play like this last week!" :rofl: Lads. It's Hearts.

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, sadj said:

Because you can understand it and utilise that to improve your lifestyle should you want to. 

I do. And in effect, with no diagnosis, have. Among other reasons, it's partly why I moved out here. A sibling of mine has Asperger's, incidentally.

Sir Vladimir of Romanov

So, a terrified DOF appoints not one but two inexperienced managers. (not an experienced safe pair of hands). One of said inexperienced managers he helped (but only with the bad stuff it would seem) to romp the championship. 

The same terrified, negative, shitebag, then takes over himself, moving more into the spotlight and scrutiny, yup typical shitebag behaviour there. 

Manager of the century he may not be, but he is not, and never will be a terrified shitebag. 

If you take the emotional connection out of football you may as well shut it down. 

Edited by Sir Vladimir of Romanov

doctor jambo

Well, no. Because if Craig Levein's approach was governed by history - "it's Rangers lads, man the barricades!" - that'd be a complete nonsense given their current state. And if his response to what Brown did to Cochrane was to panic for all future away games, that'd be a nonsense too.

To put it another way: searching for a reliable stream on Sunday, I ended up making a happily brief trip to Rangers Media. On there, posters were saying "I can't understand why we didn't play like this last week!" :rofl: Lads. It's Hearts.

Sign of progress when folk are upset about a 2-1 loss st Ibrox.

rangers are NOT in turmoil 

they got humped by Celtic and lost their shit

thats all

just before that murty was the messiah and rangers were shit hot

meh

and I'm not sure about the autism- sometimes the weird kid is just a weird kid

Again, you are reading but not absorbing what is being said...I personally think we should have had a right good go at Rangers on Sunday as we had nothing to lose - I said that 13 pages ago... I would've preferred a cuffing whilst having a go, than the insipid performance that resulted in a 2-1 defeat...Levein opting not to play Cochrane could have been for a number of reasons, I merely suggested it was to protect him, as being one...Opting not to play Cochrane may have reduced his options, or perhaps his choice of playing to "frustrate" Rangers necessitated Cochrane being rested? We don't know. We can only guess...

12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I do. And in effect, with no diagnosis, have. Among other reasons, it's partly why I moved out here. A sibling of mine has Asperger's, incidentally.

As does mine and as do a few friends family members. You said people think ur HFA or AS but thats based on your perception or understanding of it not diagnosis hence why i asked. But fair enough. 

shaun.lawson
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

As does mine and as do a few friends family members. You said people think ur HFA or AS but thats based on your perception or understanding of it not diagnosis hence why i asked. But fair enough. 

I was very interested by the transgender thing you mentioned by the way. Because the sibling I mentioned used to be my brother... and is now my sister. 

Edited by shaun.lawson

10 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I was very interested by the transgender thing you mentioned by the way. Because the sibling I mentioned used to be my brother... and is now my sister. 

See thats interesting , i know a few people who have been diagnosed as AS and then in their late teens , early twenties come out as wanting to transgender. Its worth researching as it is commonly linked. Not sure the ins and outs of why though so can’t expand any further. 

Alex Kintner
13 minutes ago, sadj said:

See thats interesting , i know a few people who have been diagnosed as AS and then in their late teens , early twenties come out as wanting to transgender. Its worth researching as it is commonly linked. Not sure the ins and outs of why though so can’t expand any further. 

The ins and outs of transgender are definitely confusing! Always reminds me of that scene in Ace Ventura

2 hours ago, Bez said:

:yas:

Furry little garden bird murdering terrorists.

Exactly this and going to the toilet somewhere they shouldnt then hiding behind the tv so you cant get to them to give them a row. Now as a race they hate us more cause we started outting tvs on walls and it means the cat has nowhere to hide behind

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, WageThief said:

I think there is a compelling psychological explanation for the actions of Ann Budge.  She made her money in IT and found great success with computers, programming and geeks.  She then appointed Levein surely only because CL looks a bit like a computer programmer.  Levein certainly looks more like a programmer than other players from his generation and he seems like the sort of guy who could pick up C++ pretty quickly.

From there Levein suggests some possible names for coach, and when Budge takes one look at Neilson she's like "world of worldcraft".  So they appoint Neilson and he goes on to be a success.  Yet again, Budge is rewarded for sticking to her IT principles.

Then Neilson decides to leave and Budge is like "oh no my graphics card is busted" because she thinks in computer terms only.  Levein says everything is fine he knows a guy called Cathro.  AB obviously loves the idea as Cathro is extremely geeky and even carries a laptop.

Ian is a disaster obviously and AB doesn't know what to do.  For the first time in her life, IT hasn't worked.  At least her Wikipedia page doesn't count her disappointments in IT so I think that is right.  AB says lets interview everyone for the vacant job, and they do.....

Unfortunately no candidate reminds Budge of IT, computers, and Microsoft.  No one is like a programmer or a WoW player or something else.  Billy Davies is a bit like a guy on chatrooms but the wrong type of IT geek for Budge.  She is squeeky clean (a lot mistake it for softness).

They think about going for Steeve McLaren but are put off by the fact he looks a bit like a guy who even if he could do a VLOOKUP would need 38 coffees and 17 fags before starting work. FACT

Michael O"Neill's wage demands were too high but he would've got the job otherwise.  He impressed Budge massively - talking about the low CPU use of Ublock Origin relative to other adblockers and even introducing her to the weird kids app Musically.

In the end, AB goes for Levein as he is the most IT looking and sounding guy out of all the viable candidates.  He'd developed his IT skills as DoF which had really impressed her.

Some of the other stuff that has gone wrong during her tenure is also to do with her obsession with computers.  I just haven't bothered looking it up and working out a way to link it all yet.  It is for all these rather convoluted reasons that I say Budge oot.  Budge oot now.

The computer says no.

J.T.F.Robertson
2 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Shaun, I think a big problem is that you like to fit together a lot of disparate and well-selected "facts" into a narrative and  call it an "explanation" (as per the thread title) as if that is all that needs said on the matter. Lawyers do this but what you often end up with in a court is 2 competing and even opposite narratives of purported "truth". The only truth in a courtroom is that everyone telling a story is trying to be selective with the facts, so as only to use the ones that fit their narrative and outcome. The actual truth is as likely to be  not heard as heard, disbelieved as believed. Lawyers are simply storytellers. So are you buddy. Be open to critique. I stated by opinion on page  3 or 4 and it doesn't fit with your explanation at all. Others also do not regard Levein as a jaded loser. A competing narrative is that he knows he doesn't have the quality in attack to have a go at the OF in Glasgow...That is an explanation I would agree with.

You could have "full stopped" at "doesn't have the quality". :(

1 hour ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

So, a terrified DOF appoints not one but two inexperienced managers. (not an experienced safe pair of hands). One of said inexperienced managers he helped (but only with the bad stuff it would seem) to romp the championship. 

The same terrified, negative, shitebag, then takes over himself, moving more into the spotlight and scrutiny, yup typical shitebag behaviour there. 

Manager of the century he may not be, but he is not, and never will be a terrified shitebag. 

If you take the emotional connection out of football you may as well shut it down. 

I wish people would stop quoting the championship season. It was an entirely different situation. We had to win it. CLs view would be that we could and should. So we went for it. The top league is different. Cl's view is that we can at best finish third (he has said so). That is best achived by winning at home and drawing away.

I disagree with him. (OK it is likely that Celtic will finish above us - but that should not stop us trying

Sir Vladimir of Romanov
16 minutes ago, jambali said:

I wish people would stop quoting the championship season. It was an entirely different situation. We had to win it. CLs view would be that we could and should. So we went for it. The top league is different. Cl's view is that we can at best finish third (he has said so). That is best achived by winning at home and drawing away.

I disagree with him. (OK it is likely that Celtic will finish above us - but that should not stop us trying

Why would we ignore it? It's part of the discussion. He was in charge. 

4 hours ago, jock _turd said:

Is this where you are at? That three points for beating Hibs is more valuable than three points for beating Aberdeen or Celtic .... to be honest for at least a couple of seasons if I could go the whole season only losing four games and they were all to Hibs I would take that ... the chances are we would win the division... but that would be a disaster wouldn't it? 

Winning against hibs is more important than winning against Patrick thistle. 

3 hours ago, WageThief said:

I think there is a compelling psychological explanation for the actions of Ann Budge.  She made her money in IT and found great success with computers, programming and geeks.  She then appointed Levein surely only because CL looks a bit like a computer programmer.  Levein certainly looks more like a programmer than other players from his generation and he seems like the sort of guy who could pick up C++ pretty quickly.

From there Levein suggests some possible names for coach, and when Budge takes one look at Neilson she's like "world of worldcraft".  So they appoint Neilson and he goes on to be a success.  Yet again, Budge is rewarded for sticking to her IT principles.

Then Neilson decides to leave and Budge is like "oh no my graphics card is busted" because she thinks in computer terms only.  Levein says everything is fine he knows a guy called Cathro.  AB obviously loves the idea as Cathro is extremely geeky and even carries a laptop.

Ian is a disaster obviously and AB doesn't know what to do.  For the first time in her life, IT hasn't worked.  At least her Wikipedia page doesn't count her disappointments in IT so I think that is right.  AB says lets interview everyone for the vacant job, and they do.....

Unfortunately no candidate reminds Budge of IT, computers, and Microsoft.  No one is like a programmer or a WoW player or something else.  Billy Davies is a bit like a guy on chatrooms but the wrong type of IT geek for Budge.  She is squeeky clean (a lot mistake it for softness).

They think about going for Steeve McLaren but are put off by the fact he looks a bit like a guy who even if he could do a VLOOKUP would need 38 coffees and 17 fags before starting work. FACT

Michael O"Neill's wage demands were too high but he would've got the job otherwise.  He impressed Budge massively - talking about the low CPU use of Ublock Origin relative to other adblockers and even introducing her to the weird kids app Musically.

In the end, AB goes for Levein as he is the most IT looking and sounding guy out of all the viable candidates.  He'd developed his IT skills as DoF which had really impressed her.

Some of the other stuff that has gone wrong during her tenure is also to do with her obsession with computers.  I just haven't bothered looking it up and working out a way to link it all yet.  It is for all these rather convoluted reasons that I say Budge oot.  Budge oot now.

:rofl:Bravo monsieur. Shame you missed out Excel and pivot tables. 

Big Slim Stylee
4 hours ago, WageThief said:

As usual, this fascinating and tautly argued insight will be ignored by Sideways Shaun as it is in direct opposition to his own fatally flawed narrative.

i wish jj was my dad
7 hours ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Very good post. This shitebag stuff is so off the mark. It's the type of inflammatory pish i would expect off sisterlove.net. 

58 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Very good post. This shitebag stuff is so off the mark. It's the type of inflammatory pish i would expect off sisterlove.net. 

There is a certain group of Hearts supporters, who if they started posting on Hibs.net, they would be unidentifiable from the rodents.

i wish jj was my dad
15 minutes ago, Bez said:

There is a certain group of Hearts supporters, who if they started posting on Hibs.net, they would be unidentifiable from the rodents.

Indeed. PHM my arse.P

to paraphrase one of rather dubious character...shitstirring, speculation and lies. Not in my name.

18 minutes ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

Indeed. PHM my arse.P

to paraphrase one of rather dubious character...shitstirring, speculation and lies. Not in my name.

:spoton:

shaun.lawson
1 hour ago, Bez said:

Name and shame. :rolleyes: 

Governor Tarkin
5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

I've always suspected Mothy to be a Hibs **** TBF.

54 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Take your pick. Generally the ones who post on the other forum as well as here, and especially the ones who bleat on about ‘Levein Out’.

Sorry to interrupt your ego massaging celebrity reboot tour of internetz land, Shaun, but something’s been bothering me. Didn’t you say the reason you left last time was because you were getting life-saving surgery?... on your piles?

shaun.lawson
14 minutes ago, Bez said:

Take your pick. Generally the ones who post on the other forum as well as here, and especially the ones who bleat on about ‘Levein Out’.

Sorry to interrupt your ego massaging celebrity reboot tour of internetz land, Shaun, but something’s been bothering me. Didn’t you say the reason you left last time was because you were getting life-saving surgery?... on your piles?

Oh I see. Those Hearts fans who want Levein out aren't Hearts fans and should in fact be on hibs.net? Your arrogance is astounding. And your hypocrisy too, given how fast you turned against McGlynn and Locke and attacked anyone who didn't see things as you, the great oracle who must be obeyed, do. I recall you spending years attacking many who were against Romanov - you know, the man who almost killed Hearts stone dead - in similar terms too. Who do you think you are?

As for me: wrong again. I was away from here for a couple of weeks in late 2011 because of surgery for haemmorhoids. And that's it. My return after a four-year absence has clearly rattled you... for who knows what reason. 

5 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Oh I see. Those Hearts fans who want Levein out aren't Hearts fans and should in fact be on hibs.net? Your arrogance is astounding. And your hypocrisy too, given how fast you turned against McGlynn and Locke and attacked anyone who didn't see things as you, the great oracle who must be obeyed, do. I recall you spending years attacking many who were against Romanov - you know, the man who almost killed Hearts stone dead - in similar terms too. Who do you think you are?

As for me: wrong again. I was away from here for a couple of weeks in late 2011 because of surgery for haemmorhoids. And that's it. My return after a four-year absence has clearly rattled you... for who knows what reason. 

No, they aren’t Hibs fans. They are however quite difficult to distinguish from Hibs fans at the ham, because the shit-stirring takes an almost identical form.

Sorry to hear about your farmer’s... if it’s any consolation, I get a pain in my arse after about the sixteenth paragraph of your posts too. :lol:

This is what I haven’t missed over the last four years. 

The ping-pong, tit-for-tat debate of one man against the world. 

shaun.lawson
6 minutes ago, Bez said:

No, they aren’t Hibs fans. They are however quite difficult to distinguish from Hibs fans at the ham, because the shit-stirring takes an almost identical form.

Sorry to hear about your farmer’s... if it’s any consolation, I get a pain in my arse after about the sixteenth paragraph of your posts too. :lol:

:laugh: That made me chuckle.

However, what probably won't make you chuckle at all is that if you did a poll of Hibs fans, I imagine most of them want Levein to stay as long as is humanly possible.  

8 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

3 of our last 5 owners almost killed Hearts stone dead. The only reason Mercer didn't is because he recognised he did not have enough readies to continue so sold out. The 5th, our current owner is still  ongoing so we cannot be conclusive on her...

There is a pattern about managers that there are always people who want them out. But it is almost always change for change's sake...Sacking the manager is never a constructive move. It is just the toss of a coin.

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

3 of our last 5 owners almost killed Hearts stone dead. The only reason Mercer didn't is because he recognised he did not have enough readies to continue so sold out. The 5th, our current owner is still  ongoing so we cannot be conclusive on her...

There is a pattern about managers that there are always people who want them out. But it is almost always change for change's sake...Sacking the manager is never a constructive move. It is just the toss of a coin.

No, two of them almost did. And yes, there's always risk in any decision any football club takes. So what? But given your view that "sacking the manager is never a constructive move", why did you conduct a one-man campaign agreeing with the sacking of someone who was sacked with Hearts top of the league? 

shaun.lawson
8 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

This is what I haven’t missed over the last four years. 

The ping-pong, tit-for-tat debate of one man against the world. 

Here's what I do miss. You having a view - any view at all! - about Hearts, as opposed to Rangers. 

Governor Tarkin
15 minutes ago, Bez said:

:lol:

13 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

And? What is it that you're looking for here?

People responded to the thread in various ways. I and others replied to some of those responses. On a football messageboard, is responding to comments from others now some Mark of Cain?

Do remind me again how many pages the one and only thread you ever contribute to has. Is that because that thread's just full of attention seekers too?

Or maybe you'll only be happy if the only thing that's discussed on here is Rangers. Goodness knows, I can't remember the last time you had anything to say about Hearts.

Shaun - mind what you called a poster who said he'd never mentioned Norwich ?

Have you checked ?

I still maintain that the most important issue for all football fans in Scotland is the Sevco one, hence my main contribution is to the Rangers soap opera trhead.

95% of my contribution to that is information provision. 

34 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Here's what I do miss. You having a view - any view at all! - about Hearts, as opposed to Rangers. 

I have my views. But despite being an ST holder, and therefore regular attendee (not a perfect attendance), I leave those better qualified to comment.

I'm sure you'll check, but my other contributions tend to be of a historical nature (about how sh'te Pat McShane was, for instance).

That ok ? 

shaun.lawson
1 minute ago, jambovambo said:

I have my views. But despite being an ST holder, and therefore regular attendee (not a perfect attendance), I leave those better qualified to comment.

I'm sure you'll check, but my other contributions tend to be of a historical nature (about how sh'te Pat McShane was, for instance).

That ok ? 

Sure. I just think it's a pity, because you used to have plenty to say back in Romanov's time. But each to their own.  

1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

No, two of them almost did. And yes, there's always risk in any decision any football club takes. So what? But given your view that "sacking the manager is never a constructive move", why did you conduct a one-man campaign agreeing with the sacking of someone who was sacked with Hearts top of the league? 

???WTF you talkin' 'bout? I never ever agreed with the sacking of Burley. I did try to interpret what Vlad was trying to do. I lost hope on that front the night I met Julia Goncaruk in Tiger Lily and realised that she was utterly paranoid about every Hearts fan's opinion of Vlad...Crazy hot, but mostly crazy that girl...

Edited by Spellczech

shaun.lawson
10 minutes ago, Spellczech said:

???WTF you talkin' 'bout? I never ever agreed with the sacking of Burley. I did try to interpret what Vlad was trying to do. I lost hope on that front the night I met Julia Goncaruk in Tiger Lily and realised that she was utterly paranoid about every Hearts fan's opinion of Vlad...Crazy hot, but mostly crazy that girl...

Ah, if only the archive extended back that far. :) And yes: the entire problem with the previous regime was it was basically paranoid about everything. For example: "McGhee didn't get on the plane because Celtic tapped him up". 

Goncharuk was indeed hot - but not a patch on the mighty, incomparable Janet Smirnova.  

Edited by shaun.lawson

12 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Ah, if only the archive extended back that far. :) And yes: the entire problem with the previous regime was it was basically paranoid about everything. For example: "McGhee didn't get on the plane because Celtic tapped him up". 

You sure it was Goncharuk you met, and not Janet Smirnova? 

Dunno - one of them. I was a bit drunk and am rubbish with names. It was an eye-opener. Would've been better if it had been a leg-opener...I gave up on the Romanov regime that night. Stone dead.

I did google for a photo but couldn't find one. Smirnova now works at UEFA - LOL

Edited by Spellczech

Bridge of Djoum
On 4/24/2018 at 11:39, Phil Dunphy said:

We would have 100% lost that final in 2012 if he’d been in charge. 

Staggered as to why why anyone has any faith in him doing anything of note while Hearts manager. A man who’s happy enough to let Hibs lord it over us in the way they are. 

What a pile of shit.

With his record against Hibs and his Natural Order comment, Levein is happy for them to lord it over us?

At least try pretend you're on the wind-up.

• redm locked this topic