• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• tian447

• ...a bit disco

• Maroon Sailor

1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Does anyone have any view on how the kits are sized this season. Normally being between an M and an L always makes this quite hard buying online. They look reasonably baggy on the website but wondering if anyone has an opinion? Might as well pick one up for 5 a side since they are on offer.

I had to pick up a size up in the Home shirt, as it seemed a little short on the body.  Then again, I'm 6ft 4, so that might only be an issue if you're particularly tall :lol:

I got away with an Away shirt in my normal Large size, but it's a little tight on the body.  

I would recommend getting the Large, if you're between the two :) 

Maroon Sailor
12 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Here goes - and showing my age

McAlpine; Dodds; Phillip; Narey; Gough; Stark; Holt; Bannon; Smith

(Kerr?); Reilly; Milne; Sturrock; Hegarty; Kirkwood; Malpas; McLean

Spot on. The days were teams won the league with a regular line-up and also being Scottish players.

To think a club like Dundee United were robbed of a European cup final v Liverpool in 84.

WTF happened to Scottish players and the Scottish game ?

6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Spot on. The days were teams won the league with a regular line-up and also being Scottish players.

To think a club like Dundee United were robbed of a European cup final v Liverpool in 84.

Money and Rangers and Celtic.

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Does anyone have any view on how the kits are sized this season. Normally being between an M and an L always makes this quite hard buying online. They look reasonably baggy on the website but wondering if anyone has an opinion? Might as well pick one up for 5 a side since they are on offer.

I'm Medium and had to go Large this season.

26 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

269D68ED00000578-2993059-image-a-19_1426

PhoenixHearts
4 minutes ago, Walrus said:

PJ-SMc-220518-01-24.JPG-1-813x564.jpg

Good effort. Nice and unique. Smaller brands doing great work for smaller clubs yet again.

A friend posted this on Facebook..

Hope its real, can't wait to slag the b*****ds for the grief I got when we had Hummel.. 

Also, as it's orange again.. the unwashed hordes will buy this in spades... purely because of the colour, which isn't even part of their club colours. Fuds. 

Personally think its bloody gross and looks like it should be worn by nightshift road workers (if we had such a thing in this country..)

33304076_2026251380735665_9215682056825077760_n.jpg

Edited by muldoon74

Dalstonjambo
4 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Hope its real, can't wait to slag the b*****ds for the grief I got when we had Hummel..

What was wrong with Hummel? Almost every football fan i know loves Hummel? They are always pretty universally praised.

3 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

What was wrong with Hummel? Almost every football fan i know loves Hummel? They are always pretty universally praised.

The first effort was gross, that's what. 

Although I liked the away one and preferred to wear that than the home..

It was more the material.. bloody roasting wearing that round Universal Studios in September! it was kind of sticky, in an static electricity way, not a sweaty way. 

Don't know why but the away top felt smoother.. Didn't stick to the skin even when cool type of way. 

Hope the material for the Huns is the same and they all sing their shite in static discomfort... 

Dalstonjambo
1 minute ago, muldoon74 said:

It was more the material.. bloody roasting wearing that round Universal Studios in September! it was kind of sticky, in an static electricity way, not a sweaty way. 

Don't know why but the away top felt smoother.. Didn't stick to the skin even when cool type of way. 

Hope the material for the Huns is the same and they all sing their shite in static discomfort... 

Fair enough. You are the first person I've heard that didn't like that strip!

3 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

Wasn't so much the look.. I like plain, solid maroon...

As said, it was more the material and the flatness of the colour.. I like a bit of shiny :)

Also, may have been the wifes' fault, but all my strips were washed a the same time once.. Reebok allsports training top, hummel 05/06 home, hummel 06/07 home... 

All of the badges, insignia and embellishments came off, despite being washed as usual on same temp etc.. 

10 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

I liked the Hummel white strip we had,but it had a loose thread in the centre front that unravelled like a grannys' knitting when her dug run away with the ball of wool !

4 minutes ago, jambokev said:

I liked the Hummel white strip we had,but it had a loose thread in the centre front that unravelled like a grannys' knitting when her dug run away with the ball of wool !

Didn't have that problem with the white but did have a couple of loose thread issues on the home.. 

I think hummel were just a bit shoddy, cheapest option for the newly emerged owner to get a deal with.. 

Although will forever love it (qwouldn't have another though) as we won the cup in it with Hartley Jankauskis Gordon Pressley  et al.. 

PhoenixHearts
12 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Don't think that was the top mate... Florida is humid as ****. Mind being there in mid october at a Universal horror night. 1am in the morning and grown men lying about on the floor stuck to their clothes. Brutal.

Bit of an aside but a couple years ago I was wearing the 15/16 Puma top in Disney animal kingdom, queuing for the Everest ride. Spotted two frat-boy looking american ride attendants cupping their mouths to one another's ears and side-eyeing and subtly gesturing towards me. I gave them a good stink-eye and looked away, but as I got to the front of the line, they looked over and they shouted  "GO THE HEARTS FC". Love when our team is recognised by unlikely people in other countries.

PhoenixHearts
18 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

05/06 kit is up there with the best for me! Plain solid maroon with the famous Hummel chevrons. That kit will live on in our history forever.

If anything, it was the second effort from Hummel that was a bit out there, however I really liked the 06/07 away kit at the time. Still have it in size small with 16 on the back. No chance it would fit now.

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Don't think that was the top mate... Florida is humid as ****. Mind being there in mid october at a Universal horror night. 1am in the morning and grown men lying about on the floor stuck to their clothes. Brutal.

Bit of an aside but a couple years ago I was wearing the 15/16 Puma top in Disney animal kingdom, queuing for the Everest ride. Spotted two frat-boy looking american ride attendants cupping their mouths to one another's ears and side-eyeing and subtly gesturing towards me. I gave them a good stink-eye and looked away, but as I got to the front of the line, they looked over and they shouted  "GO THE HEARTS FC". Love when our team is recognised by unlikely people in other countries.

It happened with the top in Livi in the pentland Inn aswell .. ;) TBF, everything sticks in florida after a while.. 

On a related holiday note I was in domincan republic in 2007, met a group of jambos at the same hotel,.. there was also a hibbee.. wore my top (humming 2007 effort,) and he asks me, somewhat reluctantly .. "what was the score then".. 

"Only 1-0..."..  it's great to beat hibs when I'm abroad.. especially when there's a hibbee in the vicinity.! 

42 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Also, as it's orange again.. the unwashed hordes will buy this in spades... purely because of the colour, which isn't even part of their club colours. Fuds. 

Personally think its bloody gross and looks like it should be worn by nightshift road workers (if we had such a thing in this country..)

That is brutal!  A proper Sunday League effort!

Hopefully where The The Rangers AFC will be plying their trade next :smuggy: 

48 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

Ned orange (but we're not bigots honestly), that looks all too believable! Incidentally I had heard a rumour that Hummel can't provide Sevco replica kits for sale until January 2019, does anyone know if there is any substance to that?

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

That's been made in a lock-up in The Barra's.

If they are paying Gerrard his going rate, have brought in Arfield and Mcgregor, then it's probably all they can afford... 

It does though... didn't notice the polo shirts etc on the obvious market stall table underneath and around it... 

Phil Dunphy
53 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

That'll absolutely be fake.

PhoenixHearts
54 minutes ago, muldoon74 said:

regardless of if it's fake or not, I guarantee next season there will be at least one hun with a beer gut the size of a space hopper wearing the full kit in a size small.

1 minute ago, PhoenixHearts said:

regardless of if it's fake or not, I guarantee next season there will be at least one hun with a beer gut the size of a space hopper wearing the full kit in a size small.

In Benidorm no doubt. 

1 minute ago, AndyNic said:

20180523_175147.jpg

As much as I'd love this to be an away  kit next season, or even an optional extra in the club shop..

It's either a seriously good mock up/piss take or real.. (although badges and other insignia do look like they have been photoshopped, albeit very well...

I couldn't imagine that for one minute the club would go back to those colours, even in homage to 1876-1877.. Too much for the weegia and self styled so called cousins from the west to get more moist about than with just the dafty element of our support as it is.. 

9 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

20180523_175147.jpg

You'd need a red nose and a pair of giant shoes to go with that to get the full effect. Maybe a car that falls to bits as well. 

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, Jodami said:

Ned orange (but we're not bigots honestly), that looks all too believable! Incidentally I had heard a rumour that Hummel can't provide Sevco replica kits for sale until January 2019, does anyone know if there is any substance to that?

I love a bit of Hummel:sweeet: 

Seymour M Hersh
34 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

20180523_175147.jpg

If they got rid of the little hearts all over the top I would quite like that as a 2nd or 3rd strip. It's good to do something a bit different for those. The home strip should never be messed with like this though.

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

9 minutes ago, Barack said:

I'll probably get arrested, should this abomination become a reality.

Andy, did you concoct...this...thing...?

I am innocent on this occasion, sir.

Saw it posted online this afternoon and can confirm it's a mock-up.

been here before
42 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

20180523_175147.jpg

Hello, Hello we are the Billy...  nah best not.

Could appeal to the new singing section mind.

1 minute ago, been here before said:

Hello, Hello we are the Billy...  nah best not.

Could appeal to the new singing section mind.

There's 69 sold at least then :lol:

been here before
16 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

There's 69 sold at least then :lol:

Only another 1   0 to go then.

WoodenHertz
2 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

Walkin' round Govan like a tin of irn bru

drumie jambo
21 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Here goes - and showing my age

McAlpine; Dodds; Phillip; Narey; Gough; Stark; Holt; Bannon; Smith

(Kerr?); Reilly; Milne; Sturrock; Hegarty; Kirkwood; Malpas; McLean

Ralph Milne Top Top player.

13 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Could do with Hearts having something like this classic

IMG_1494.JPG

Perfection.

And moist now. 

been here before
49 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Could do with Hearts having something like this classic

IMG_1494.JPG

Tennents Sixes Champs.

:scenes:

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, been here before said:

Tennents Sixes Champs.

Name that team - think I've got them all - if the guy middle left has the initials BL

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Ok, lads. Everyone look this way...straight at the camera...aaannnddd...done. Aww, for **** sake Colquhoun! Five times now." 

Roger having to peek round Henry's barnet 

Maroon Sailor

Diamonds don't work that way round for me - looks like some kind of tribal tattoo

...a bit disco
1 hour ago, Barack said:

"Ok, lads. Everyone look this way...straight at the camera...aaannnddd...done. Aww, for **** sake Colquhoun! Five times now." 

Makes sense when you think about it. What, with him being a Labour man and all.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, been here before said:

Tennents Sixes Champs.

I'm sure on the YouTube clips theres a huge hearts support belting out the gorgie boys at the start, changed days ?

Sorry it took until page 9 for my usual input. I’d, ofcourse, like next seasons strips to be this:

Nb: this is just a mockup, not a sneak preview. Dont want to get in trouble.

9F2908B1-79FF-4DE1-A884-61115EB9B904.jpeg

Edited by TheBigO

7 hours ago, muldoon74 said:

The hummel 05/06 kit was probably my favourite kit of recent times , championship season kit was the best, unlikely to be beaten, imo. Away kit was mint that season too. 

11 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Sorry it took until page 9 for my usual input. I’d, ofcourse, like next seasons strips to be this:

Nb: this is just a mockup, not a sneak preview. Dont want to get in trouble.

9F2908B1-79FF-4DE1-A884-61115EB9B904.jpeg

One year they're going to go for it.