• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PhoenixHearts

• tian447

• ...a bit disco

• Maroon Sailor

8 minutes ago, Manny1874 said:

There is probably a fair chance our new kit will be like the new Everton shirt. 

Hope not, those buttons are ****ing brutal :muggy: 

Edited by tian447

PhoenixHearts
7 minutes ago, Walrus said:

I think the Everton top isn't too bad

DcCDGVwXcAMRHD4.jpg:large

Granddad collar or whatever it's called is much better than a full collar. Doesn't make you look as much like your'e wearing a primary school uniform like our current home kit.

PhoenixHearts

I'd love that Everton shirt in Maroon. We could end up with it, but then we might not. Our 17/18 home kit was almost identical to Everton's 17/18 kit, except with a different collar, theirs being crew neck. We'll probably get the diamond taped cuffs and the heather-like body, contrast fabric sleeves etc, but the collar is where they'll likely change it up.

Everton’s effort Looks similar to the 80’s Mita Copiers version. Like it, would be happy with a maroon version of that ?

Edited by droid

Салатные палочки

31703743_10156635722593646_4957105589227

New Velez home.  

This with maroon collar and trim (minus the chevron) would be pretty sweet.  

Салатные палочки

Looks like the sleeve diamonds will be the theme for every Umbro new release.  They seem to be getting theirs out early this year, perhaps we will see ours before the season is out.  

31563983_2025082457520011_53177351381660

dinwoodie1

Newcastle "leaked" away kit for next year. Loved the late 90's one with the grandad collars and the Newcastle brown sponsor. 

_20180501_160006.JPG

On 4/30/2018 at 14:53, Salad Fingers said:

31703743_10156635722593646_4957105589227

New Velez home.  

This with maroon collar and trim (minus the chevron) would be pretty sweet.  

I would love that with a maroon trim and chevron for an away top 

• 2 weeks later...
crichiejambos

Roma kit as per is spot on plain and simple does the job! Olympic Lyon have gone all retro with their away kit 1982 England World Cup 

Seymour M Hersh
On 30/04/2018 at 13:54, Walrus said:

I think the Everton top isn't too bad

DcCDGVwXcAMRHD4.jpg:large

Is that the new DC Unted top?

I think this year is the least interested I have been about a new kit.

last years kit was ok but I didn’t love it. I really liked the third kit though.

my guess is the kit will be fairly plain with Umbro badges round the cuffs.

1 hour ago, DVB said:

last years kit was ok but I didn’t love it. I really liked the third kit though.

3rd kit being kept on this season 

One thing the club needs to do is get the kit released so the bairns can have it for their summer holidays.

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

One thing the club needs to do is get the kit released so the bairns can have it for their summer holidays.

I remember the days when the team often played in the following seasons kit on the final day of a season. An Ideal advert for fans to buy early and bring in cash for signings. It seems we set the renewal date for season tickets too early and the launch of kits too late but that is just my own view not a criticism of the club!

2 hours ago, DVB said:

If history has told us anything with a new kit supplier it is this-

First year, plain and simple, classic design 

Second year, more continental look top, usually(in my opinion) too much white

Third year, modern and minimalist design, usually a belter 

51 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

This

Most people go on holiday once the schools break up at the end of June and we usually release our away kit about September.

PhoenixHearts

A few quick mock ups I made based off Everton's new kit. Still nobody knows what our sponsor will be next season, so here's the two we've been speculating on.

I can see us having a maroon version of Everton, perhaps without the white collar though, as we've already had similar from Umbro this season. I'd take it with a plain round neck, or with a button but no collar.

Sure it'll be a classic, Umbro have been quite good to us, 09/10 notwithstanding... They seem keen to add the personal wee touches. The little crest on the back of the neck, the cobbled heart pattern embossed into the sky blue away kit, or even the little known, well hidden maroon strip on our third kit this year.

Hearts Heineken.jpg

Hearts Stronbow.jpg

Hearts 1819 mockup.jpg

2 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Sure it'll be a classic, Umbro have been quite good to us, 09/10 notwithstanding... They seem keen to add the personal wee touches. The little crest on the back of the neck, the cobbled heart pattern embossed into the sky blue away kit, or even the little known, well hidden maroon strip on our third kit this year.

Wait, what?  Where is this?  Never even noticed that before :lol:

1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Same, eh?

PhoenixHearts
Just now, tian447 said:

On the back of the neck if I remember.  Not looked in a while. Will have a peek when I'm home.

It's so small that it's almost pointless. It could have just been a navy and pink Umbro kit, but having that tiny wee unique 'token' maroon bit makes it undoubtedly a Hearts kit. Umbro cares about their teams.:pleased:

PhoenixHearts
1 minute ago, droid said:

Same, eh?

Let me know if you can find it haha.

6 minutes ago, droid said:

Same, eh?

5 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

On the back of the neck if I remember.  Not looked in a while. Will have a peek when I'm home.

It's so small that it's almost pointless. It could have just been a navy and pink Umbro kit, but having that tiny wee unique 'token' maroon bit makes it undoubtedly a Hearts kit. Umbro cares about their teams.:pleased:

You are indeed correct!

hearts_17_18_umbro_third_kit_d.jpg

If you look very very carefully, there is a small maroon strip between the blue and the orange/pink/whatever colour it actually is on the neck.

Useless trivia of the day :lol: 

Edited by tian447

New Zenit top is... interesting:

zenit_saint_petersburg_18_19_nike_home_k

Will probably end up getting one!

New Bayern Shirt:

bayern_munich_18_19_adidas_home_kit.jpg

Also quite nice, with the patterned approach!

sheep next season? Saw a photo on Facebook and didn’t save it in time although not sure how real it is.

Салатные палочки
23 hours ago, tian447 said:

New Zenit top is... interesting:

Will probably end up getting one!

I hate they collars.  

5 minutes ago, Locky said:

sheep next season? Saw a photo on Facebook and didn’t save it in time although not sure how real it is.

Turns it the green aberdeen top was a piss take by one of their fans. Would’ve loved giving them hell in green next year.

p.s. Why did my ‘Aber Green’ automatically turn to ‘sheep’ :lol:

Rudi5kaceldream1ng
1 hour ago, Ali Lawrie said:

Any chat on what our sponsor next season will be?

Strongbow.

It better be.

2 hours ago, Locky said:

Check out @AberdeenFC’s Tweet:

PhoenixHearts

Surely the new kit launch must be quite soon? They're having this big clearance sale in the main stand suite on Friday evening, possibly to make room for new stock. Also, If I recall, the season tickets were released earlier than usual to allow the club to take full advantage of their financial situation going into the summer. Surely getting the kits out on sale nice and early would also go a long way to allowing the club to achieve all they want to achieve over the off-season?

I'd be happy knowing the money spent on a new home shirt went straight in to tying Milinkovic up on a permanent deal.

Maroonblood22
22 minutes ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Surely the new kit launch must be quite soon? They're having this big clearance sale in the main stand suite on Friday evening, possibly to make room for new stock. Also, If I recall, the season tickets were released earlier than usual to allow the club to take full advantage of their financial situation going into the summer. Surely getting the kits out on sale nice and early would also go a long way to allowing the club to achieve all they want to achieve over the off-season?

I'd be happy knowing the money spent on a new home shirt went straight in to tying Milinkovic up on a permanent deal.

Think it will take more than that bud! :lol:

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Think it will take more than that bud! :lol:

Of course, but I mean if everyone who usually buys a kit buys one nice and early, all our money can be put into the big Milinkovic pot and fired off to Stadio Luigi Ferraris

Maroonblood22
3 hours ago, PhoenixHearts said:

Of course, but I mean if everyone who usually buys a kit buys one nice and early, all our money can be put into the big Milinkovic pot and fired off to Stadio Luigi Ferraris

Aye I know what you meant mate, was just funny reading it that way. You’re totally right though, a good opportunity for some funds to be put into the transfer bucket and help bring Mr Instagram home ?? 

PhoenixHearts
2 hours ago, Maroonblood22 said:

Aye I know what you meant mate, was just funny reading it that way. You’re totally right though, a good opportunity for some funds to be put into the transfer bucket and help bring Mr Instagram home ?? 

To be fair though, kits just seem to keep getting dearer and dearer. Reckon about 2 or 3 home kits should cover Naismith's wages next season...